Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The final confront will just be a very intricate discussion over contracted work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lurdiak posted:

A serious hero and a zany villain might be interesting.

Wasn't that the Arale arc?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't even need zany, just pragmatic and businesslike. Someone who knows the "industry" of their new superpowered crime world and understands their place in it.

Basically someone who's not trying to take over the world, no giant space battles or hordes of people rushing at each other, just getting a dirty job done and making some money.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I know he was only a bit part but I hope they don’t un-zany taskmaster as much as they did batroc

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

goatface posted:

I don't even need zany, just pragmatic and businesslike. Someone who knows the "industry" of their new superpowered crime world and understands their place in it.

Basically someone who's not trying to take over the world, no giant space battles or hordes of people rushing at each other, just getting a dirty job done and making some money.

Even in the older, pre-comedy Taskmaster appearances, he was all about just handling the business of providing trained thugs, minions, and henchmen. He never twirled a mustache. Really hope they don't screw it up.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Kid Eternity #9 (1948)

Adventures into the Unknown #6 (1949)

Spidey Super Stories #4 (1975)

Marville #1 (2002)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #2 (2014)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gokushufudou - The Way of the House Husband - Chapter 32

They're in 'Daizo', a 100 yen/$1 store

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
I absolutely love everything about this series. The Roomba one was by far the best, but they're all really good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ambush Bug #3

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's pretty good, reminds me of the Seven Soldiers issue where J.H. Williams gets to go ham with all the different art-styles.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I think a piano must have fallen on Frank last issue?

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
to make the anatomy look natural you have to unfocus your eyes to the degree that you get a migraine

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
There's certainly a lot going on in that image :v:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Ambush Bug #3

It's crazy that this is the same guy who did Trencher.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

He's about to trip over his own ankle in his next step.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

He seems to be firing the gun in his left hand into the ground, but giving he’s not looking where he’d shooting either gun I’m not sure he’s doing any better with the one in his right.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

1. That man's femur is broken.
2. It's very easy to read his left shoulder as being in line with the rear light of the railroad signal, meaning this man is not Frank Castle, but Reed Richards. So maybe his leg is okay after all.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The moment right after that is him having to stop to chamber new rounds into his duel-wielded pump action shotguns, always a good choice for high-mobility combat.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I keep seeing this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gnome de plume posted:

The moment right after that is him having to stop to chamber new rounds into his duel-wielded pump action shotguns, always a good choice for high-mobility combat.

I think that particular pump-action shotgun could be had in semi-automatic, and you know that's the kind Frank would have

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Phy posted:

I think that particular pump-action shotgun could be had in semi-automatic, and you know that's the kind Frank would have

Yeeep, SPAS-12. Has a little switch you can use to turn it into a semi-auto. Or more accurately, turn it into a pump so you can use loads that won't cycle it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It also appears he doesn't have the one-handed stock on there so those things are probably gonna fly out of his hands.

But that's also the same gun Muldoon used in Jurassic Park.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Push El Burrito posted:

It also appears he doesn't have the one-handed stock on there so those things are probably gonna fly out of his hands.

But that's also the same gun Muldoon used in Jurassic Park.

I've tried one. I'd be more worried about him losing control of them forward and accidentally blowing off his own toes or a bystander's leg.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Marvel Comics Presents #6: Deadpool has crashed through the window of a comic book store. It is 1991. This entire story is just an excuse for jokes about 90s comics.

there's more but I didn't want to post too much

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 30, 2019

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The 90's were 30 years ago. I think it's time to get new material.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent posted:

The 90's were 30 years ago. I think it's time to get new material.

Opiate overdose is at an all time high in Seattle, the 90s are back with a vengeance.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That whole story was awkward as hell because it wanted to be a parody even though marvel still does the poo poo it's trying to make fun of

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

That whole story was awkward as hell because it wanted to be a parody even though marvel still does the poo poo it's trying to make fun of

Marvel publishes books making fun of their own current output all the time.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Making fun of silly stories is one thing, but deadpool talking about gouging readers on variant covers felt pretty tacky. Like, is it parody or even comedy at that point

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

No idea on the source, but I'm pretty sure Kurt Busiek wouldn't tweet out an edit without mentioning it.

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1155717792861003776?s=19

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's Uncanny X-Men #40 - "The X-Men meet Frankenstein, 'nuff said!"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

No idea on the source, but I'm pretty sure Kurt Busiek wouldn't tweet out an edit without mentioning it.

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1155717792861003776?s=19

So does this mean Professor X is the reason Bobby stayed in the closet for so long?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

He is, quite famously, a jerk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
According to Kitty Pryde who is on the record as being a racist.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

SaintFu posted:

I keep seeing this.

(Ambush Bug Nothing Special)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Exit Strategy posted:

Yeeep, SPAS-12. Has a little switch you can use to turn it into a semi-auto. Or more accurately, turn it into a pump so you can use loads that won't cycle it.

Ahh, he just took the safeties off.

Big question is, what did Thomas And Friends *do* that sets the Punisher on his trail rails?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Exit Strategy posted:

I've tried one. I'd be more worried about him losing control of them forward and accidentally blowing off his own toes or a bystander's leg.

If he somehow held onto them would he just straight up break his wrists?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

evilmiera posted:

If he somehow held onto them would he just straight up break his wrists?

That's why he looks so freakishly large, he works with those things.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Man, in those Deadpool panels, F4 should really redesign the roof of their building. Looks kinda close to a swastika from the depending on the view

Actually, someone could probably do an essay or commentary about how to the people toiling below these beings with incredible powers, they see only symbols of their supposed virtue. But as soon as you're able to take a birds-eye view, to be on their level, suddenly the corruption and repression of the common person becomes evident