Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

davidbix posted:

Is it as error-ridden as some have suggested?

how could there be errors in a list of 100 things to do unless he suggests literally impossible things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how could there be errors in a list of 100 things to do unless he suggests literally impossible things

It's 100 things to do or know and in the latter he recounts facts/history fans should be aware of.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't think of a worse time to release a WWE book given the attitude of fans at the moment.

TNA is almost 18 years old. It's time for a book.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Tato posted:

I can't think of a worse time to release a WWE book given the attitude of fans at the moment.

TNA is almost 18 years old. It's time for a book.

it has to die first

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

davidbix posted:

Is it as error-ridden as some have suggested?

You really don’t care for Bryan or Dave huh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it has to die first

The Life and Living Death That is TNA

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
TNA: The Promotion That Wouldn't Die.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the incredibly strange promotion that stopped living became a mixed up zombie

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it has to die first

It's immortal, might as well just write the first 18 years as Volume One.

Also there's no way Bryan's book is as full of unchecked errors as that Nitro book that came out this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alvarez can't write a book about your death if you're undead, black man pointing at forehead.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

on the tom show bryan said the publisher had a fact checker that edited out a correct thing into an incorrect thing lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

on the tom show bryan said the publisher had a fact checker that edited out a correct thing into an incorrect thing lol

Oh yeah I forgot about that, can't remember what the thing was but it was some wrestling name or something right?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The editor changed Terra Ryzing into Terror Rising

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hahaha yes that's it, awesome.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

fart blood posted:

You really don’t care for Bryan or Dave huh
Nobody mentioned Dave.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you gotta give it to David Bixenspan, though. you gotta give it to him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It’s a completely valid question, Filthy Tom straight up asked him on their show if what he had written was based on research or just Bryan’s own memory, which is what ended up bringing up that funny story about the fact checker “correcting” something that was right.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That story came about because Tom gave him poo poo about some inaccuracies regarding pro wrestlers who also did MMA since Brian said it was just Bautista in the book. After naming a few guys who were shooters before entering pro wrestling, Brian poorly explained that he meant people who were strictly pro wrestlers who then went into MMA and won fights. Tom rattled off a few other wrestlers who did that.

The book was written mostly from memory and fact checked by someone who did such a poor job and knew so little that they 'corrected' Terra Ryzing. It's undoubtedly got some inaccuracies.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Look I'm sure it's a nice book but,

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I mean God bless the book, but...

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

100 Things WWE Fans Should Know And Do Before They Die is a bad concept because there is precisely one thing people should know (”WWE sucks”) and one thing they should do (”stop watching WWE”)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bix is so pathetic lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
OK, cool. So the answer to that completely reasonable question is yeah, it’s got a lot of mistakes in it, mostly chronological stuff and little details, nothing that ruined the book for me really. The main problem with it as I was reading it was that I already knew most of the stuff, but that’s my fault for reading a book intended as a primer on a company I’ve been following for almost thirty years.

That he was approached to do the book rather than coming up with it himself is fairly telling I think. I’m definitely interested in the publisher’s mindset because this seems poorly timed and I feel like the only people who’ll read it are F4W subscribers.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope Bryan one day gets to write The Death of WWE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

I hope Bryan one day gets to write The Death of WWE

He gets sued by WWE because technically they're still alive AND making record profits with their oil rig location shows with full attendance from television screens allowing members of the Saudi Royal Family to skype in to watch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Defiance Industries posted:

If it's anything like the Vince Russo interview where Austin let him run his mouth for an hour and Austin kept saying "well I don't know if I remember that but I been hit with so many chairs..." it will probably be pretty entertaining

I liked the Piper interview of Russo myself. Russo started to go through his usual schtick of talking up how he made so many great changes then Piper cuts him off and lectures him for 30 minutes.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

If it's anything like the Vince Russo interview where Austin let him run his mouth for an hour and Austin kept saying "well I don't know if I remember that but I been hit with so many chairs..." it will probably be pretty entertaining

after listening to a third of it, the part about austin letting hogan run his mouth is true

austin is now cancelled, isn't he

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Vertical Lime posted:

after listening to a third of it, the part about austin letting hogan run his mouth is true

austin is now cancelled, isn't he

I mean he hit his wife

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Imagine looking out your front window and Dave Meltzer is taking a nap in his car in front of your house.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I mean he hit his wives

fixed

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TL posted:

Imagine looking out your front window and Dave Meltzer is taking a nap in his car in front of your house.

I'd think that's pretty cool.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd steal his tires tho

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TL posted:

Dear Penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me, but...

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

So like, I can see a cop coming over to ask him if he's okay, and a normal person would say "yeah, I'm just really tired and I didn't want to fall asleep while I was driving", but with Dave it would be a ten minute story. The cop would say "uh huh" a bunch and keep trying to turn to leave, but Dave would just keep talking and going off on tangents...

That's just how I pictured that scenario in my head. I am very tired.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

DangerDummy! posted:

So like, I can see a cop coming over to ask him if he's okay, and a normal person would say "yeah, I'm just really tired and I didn't want to fall asleep while I was driving", but with Dave it would be a ten minute story. The cop would say "uh huh" a bunch and keep trying to turn to leave, but Dave would just keep talking and going off on tangents...

That's just how I pictured that scenario in my head. I am very tired.

Dave would get into wrestling talk with the cop and then gush on WOL about how the cop was a big fan of Dick Murdoch, Lars Sullivan and the Harris twins.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

TL posted:

This happens to me everyday and my doctor says Dave isn’t there Dave isn’t real but he is and everyday I’m posting on twitter at him

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Tomahawk posted:

This happens to me everyday and my doctor says Dave isn’t there Dave isn’t real but he is and everyday I’m posting on twitter at him

It's actually me but I'm wearing a Dave mask

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

it's just the Bret Hart mask and some sick muscles

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
Is Dave a bigger draw than Hardcore Holly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm pretty sure that I'm a bigger draw than Hardcore Holly