Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

What's the name of that one Federation grunt suit everyone keeps saying has a really good MG kit again?

The Jegan, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

The Jegan, probably

I actually have this, still BNIB - was going to list it in the usual suspect places but if someone here wants it, $40 shipped.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The GM Sniper II and GM Space Command Type are also rock solid MGs.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's probably the Jegan I'm thinking about. For some reason I thought it was specifically a Unicorn kit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mordja posted:

It's probably the Jegan I'm thinking about. For some reason I thought it was specifically a Unicorn kit.

The Jesta is also a top of the line grunt (well custom grunt) MG kit.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Jesta is also a top of the line grunt (well custom grunt) MG kit.

poo poo, yup, that's the one! Thanks dude.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

MJP posted:

Works for other Bandai stuff, too - I got a Y-wing on the 25% off + 10% JULY10 coupon for like $26, gonna pick it up later today.

Speaking of Y-wings, is it kosher to post Star Wars kits in this thread or should that go over to the conventional scale modeling thread?

'sup Y-wing-acquiring buddy. When in doubt, post to both. Nobody's gonna chase you off.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

grassy gnoll posted:

'sup Y-wing-acquiring buddy. When in doubt, post to both. Nobody's gonna chase you off.

I will take your advice and :justpost:

I've also been talking about how modeling has recently been revelatory to me on how to better handle lifelong ADD/ADHD. I won't make a giant e/n about it here, but suffice to say, forcing myself to focus on taking my time and getting it right has led to really awesome results, and it's OK for me to do the same in reality as well. This A-wing is the result of that. Also gently caress those tiny cockpit instrument dial decals.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm not actually big into Star Wars (of course I'm also not actually that big into Gundam the show either) but I've been thinking of picking up a kit for variety's sake. They're exactly like gunpla, all snap-build, no glue needed, right? Sick A-Wing btw.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 29, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm gonna need all Gunpla video reviews made from now on to dedicate some time to slamming the Hurt Locker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oM3Ps7uPQ

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

I'm not actually big into Star Wars (of course I'm also not actually that big into Gundam the show either) but I've been thinking of picking up a kit for variety's sake. They're exactly like gunpla, all snap-build, no glue needed, right? Sick A-Wing btw.

Yep, 100% snapbuild. I did that entire A-wing's basic paint job as individual components by color or part and snapped together. Not a drop of glue went into that build.

Just make sure it's Bandai, there's a bunch of old, old Star Wars kits out there with Varying Quality.

Glad you like, I freaking love A-wings so much.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Gripweed posted:

I'm gonna need all Gunpla video reviews made from now on to dedicate some time to slamming the Hurt Locker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oM3Ps7uPQ

Holy poo poo, is this the same 'badgunpla' that used to just make fun of new builders on tumblr? If so they've come a long way, pro click.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

https://p-bandai.jp/hobby/special-1000010745/

Aww yiss! Love me some super rad MSV stuff.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

what

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

finally, a boy who really appreciates leg day

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

I love him

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

https://youtu.be/kELhHQ4sC_Y

Is this the cousin to that ms from a little while back with the reloadable rocket punch arms?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Kickin' rad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Wuuuuuuut. Rad.

Also proper MG Barbatos unveil. (4,950 yen so it should be pretty hefty) Images show 4th Form.

Also what looks like SDCS Wing Zero EW, which is pretty welcome.

Edit2: https://twitter.com/gundambase_t/status/1156132346115969024?s=19

Barbatos has a list of option parts behind it. Looks like it comes with extra finger pieces rather than posable hands, the big mace, the sword, and the smoothbore gun. So I'm guessing it's 4th Form only with parts kits coming on PB.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 30, 2019

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

MJP posted:

I will take your advice and :justpost:

I've also been talking about how modeling has recently been revelatory to me on how to better handle lifelong ADD/ADHD. I won't make a giant e/n about it here, but suffice to say, forcing myself to focus on taking my time and getting it right has led to really awesome results, and it's OK for me to do the same in reality as well. This A-wing is the result of that. Also gently caress those tiny cockpit instrument dial decals.

Truly a poster of surpassing tastes.

Mordja posted:

I'm not huge on Star Wars either, but they're really sharp kits, and the original trilogy ones are excellent designs, if nothing else. The worst I can say about any of them is that I thought the Rogue One X-wing had some really stupid fiddly parts. The A-wing, TIEs and even the statuettes go together very well otherwise.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

There's a Perfect Grade Zeta Gundam on ebay UK that's currently under £100 and ends in three hours. It's already out of my price range since I don't get paid until the end of the week, but thought I'd post it in case some UK goons are interested?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

lol Gundamlet (from the new build divers poo poo)

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Oh wow, that lineup is pretty freaking weird, even for a Build Fighter show.

https://bd.bandai-hobby.net/rerise_lineup.html

Earthly Gundam
Gundam Justice Knight
Nu-Zeon Gundam (Whaa?)
Core Gundam (G-3 Color) and VTOL Unit
Core Gundam (Real-Type Color) and Mars...Four? Unit
Gundam Zeltzarm? (zerutoza-mu)
Eldora Brute
Valkyrlander (which is literally a dinosaur)

and best of all, even if the series sucks it will be worth it just for this, nothing could ever ruin this no matter how bad a series:

Haropla Zakrello

Overall though, I'm getting the feeling that they're trying to aim at a younger audience again.

Edit: Looking at the promotional video... God dammit Bandai, there's gonna be a lot of stuff you won't give us normal rad HG versions of but will totally put out zany rehashes of, isn't there?

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 31, 2019

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'm buying every single one of those goddamn.

The Zeltzam is extremely my poo poo.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

RillAkBea posted:

Probably "Seltsam", the german word for "strange"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I guess the blue, red, and turquoise kits are all supposed to be different swappable versions of the protagonist's machine? That's a pretty cool gimmick, particularly if it gets to transform mid-battle.

Also, I hope we finally get a prominent female character in a cool suit again, because it's been a long while since the Papillon, and the GM Cardigan only lasted a couple of episodes.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

RillAkBea posted:

Oh wow, that lineup is pretty freaking weird, even for a Build Fighter show.

https://bd.bandai-hobby.net/rerise_lineup.html

Earthly Gundam
Gundam Justice Knight
Nu-Zeon Gundam (Whaa?)
Core Gundam (G-3 Color) and VTOL Unit
Core Gundam (Real-Type Color) and Mars...Four? Unit
Eldora Brute
Valkyrlander (which is literally a dinosaur)

and best of all, even if the series sucks it will be worth it just for this, nothing could ever ruin this no matter how bad a series:

Haropla Zakrello

Overall though, I'm getting the feeling that they're trying to aim at a younger audience again.

Edit: Looking at the promotional video... God dammit Bandai, there's gonna be a lot of stuff you won't give us normal rad HG versions of but will totally put out zany rehashes of, isn't there?

gently caress, trying not to buy more kits, but all of those kits that aren't the no-neck Gundams are pretty bitchin. Especially the Guren II arm.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh my god, they're going to do a WaDom kit

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

I guess the blue, red, and turquoise kits are all supposed to be different swappable versions of the protagonist's machine? That's a pretty cool gimmick, particularly if it gets to transform mid-battle.

Yeah the 'Core Gundam' and it's many support armor units appears to be the main gimmick of the show.

Gripweed posted:

I imagine they're gonna shrink it to regular 144 size though. :smith:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, I hope we finally get a prominent female character in a cool suit again, because it's been a long while since the Papillon, and the GM Cardigan only lasted a couple of episodes.

Gripweed posted:

Main characters of Build Divers Re Rise

:swoon:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Darth Walrus posted:

Wait, are you saying you didn't think the Momokapool was cool?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gripweed posted:

More cute than cool, if you get me. I'm talking stuff that looks badass, like that sweet WaDom we're apparently getting.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Gripweed posted:

If they had done a god drat thing with Momoka instead of sidelining her so Riku could spend more time staring into Sara's cold dead eyes as she stared back into his equally cold dead eyes, Momokapool would have been super badass.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RillAkBea posted:

If they had done a god drat thing with Momoka instead of sidelining her so Riku could spend more time staring into Sara's cold dead eyes as she stared back into his equally cold dead eyes, Momokapool would have been super badass.

The Momokapool was the only one that did anything entertaining in the fights!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

RillAkBea posted:

Wuuuuuuut. Rad.

Also proper MG Barbatos unveil. (4,950 yen so it should be pretty hefty) Images show 4th Form.

Also what looks like SDCS Wing Zero EW, which is pretty welcome.

Edit2: https://twitter.com/gundambase_t/status/1156132346115969024?s=19

Barbatos has a list of option parts behind it. Looks like it comes with extra finger pieces rather than posable hands, the big mace, the sword, and the smoothbore gun. So I'm guessing it's 4th Form only with parts kits coming on PB.

As much of a Barbatos fanboy as I am, I'm really curious what's driving that price point. Also, they shrunk the mace. :( I'll be interested in seeing the reviews, but I'm more interested in the Lupus and Lupus Rex.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

It's an actual kit? Not just a mech? Please tell me it's an actual kit, I already have the P-Bandai Wad (WaD? WAD?) and I need its leggy friend boi.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MJP posted:

It's an actual kit? Not just a mech? Please tell me it's an actual kit, I already have the P-Bandai Wad (WaD? WAD?) and I need its leggy friend boi.

It's not announced yet, but they have to. One of the lead characters in Re Rise pilots a custom WaDom

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Oh lord please let it be accurately scaled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The WaDom is the same height as the Psyco Gundam. So I'd say it's within the realm of possibility the kit will be the right size. Especially since they did that Psyco GM for that Build Fighters OVA.

If it does turn out to be small I'd honestly assume that was a choice the show people made, not the model people. Because doing cool team fights when one robot is twice the size of all the others and has a city destroying head cannon would be tricky