Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Coucho Marx posted:

Lost items are found where that character was standing last month, and Seteth doesn't move much lol

Son of a bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Megasabin posted:

For example what master class is a male Lance user supposed to end up as? A female sword user like Petra? What about a male mage? All bow users basically have a single option to become a bow Knight
any mounted class basically, mortal savant, dark knight or mortal savant, yea

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Megasabin posted:

I took a look at the master classes and they seem way too restrictive to me. Is everyone supposed to end up as a master class or is it only assumed you get a few? The gender lock stuff is especially dumb.
I don't know about "supposed", but statwise the master and advanced classes are pretty close to each other. The only real advantage you'll be gaining is skills so if a unit doesn't fit into any of them immediately don't worry too much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also there's skills int he advanced classes that arent replicated in the master classes, like assassin's stealth.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You know what makes you genuinely strong? Plenty of bug meat.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Guys, how do I check my Class Level? I have no idea if I've maxed out Leonie with the Fighter Class. She has a bunch of Abilities but no idea if I've peaked as a fighter or not.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol the Cyril and Manuela support C.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Guys, how do I check my Class Level? I have no idea if I've maxed out Leonie with the Fighter Class. She has a bunch of Abilities but no idea if I've peaked as a fighter or not.

The class should have a star next to it in the class menu if she's maxed out on it. You can also see it in battle by looking at her skill levels. No idea why yoou can't check it out of battle, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Check the reclass menu. It's cumbersome. This information should definitely be on the stat sheet.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
anyone got a basic list of what skills which unit wants for recruitment?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

dorothea: charm/auuthortiy
ferdinand: dex/heavy armor
bernie: strength/bows
caspar: strength/fists
petra: dex/riding
linhardt: magic/reason
felix: speed/sword
mercedes: magic/bow
ashe: charm/lance
annette: magic/faith
sylvain: charm/reason (free if you're f!byleth)
ingrid: dex/flying
lorenz: charm/reason
hilda: charm/axe (her requirements seem weird)
raphael: strength/heavy armor
ignatz: dex/swords?
marianne: magic/riding
leonie: sterngth/lance

and all the teachers just want levels

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My Ferdinand really isn't pulling his weight.

I see a career in dancing coming his way

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive also heard in a couple places that byleth's charm stat makes it easier to recruit people too, iunno how true it is but charm seems to affect other random stuff so itd make sense (it def. feels like charm affects how fast support levels grow, flayn has crazy high charm and is getting support ranks just from healing people once)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive figuredo ut how to see class exp in the monastery!!

go to goals, press zr, go to the unit you want to see the class exp of, go to the tier of the class you want to see the exp of, hover over it, and look at unit exp

why is this so buried? video games

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Man, this game does not pull its punches. You monster.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Endorph posted:

ive figuredo ut how to see class exp in the monastery!!

go to goals, press zr, go to the unit you want to see the class exp of, go to the tier of the class you want to see the exp of, hover over it, and look at unit exp

why is this so buried? video games
Yeah, I was using a wiki and wondering how the heck these people managed to amass all this info before.
What's the bar on the bottom mean though? With the - and + on its edges.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also I think I've determined how paired endings are chosen. On people's status screens in the roster section there's a bit that shows their top 3 closest allies. This is a listing of who they have the most support points with. And it can change even after you get A supports.

So pay attention to that bit. Byleth obviously has the special S support at the end of the game to manually control.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I feel this game would have benefited tons from Yakuza style side questing.

I know why they wouldn't, the logistics of adding even more dialogue and voiced lines scare me, but... drat if it wouldn't have been great.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

So, sharing meals is far and away the best Exploration activity, yeah? It takes resources, but you get support with two characters, motivation for anyone in-house, and 200 professor XP.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I just said how to check class exp like five posts up! You don't need to go through goals, you can do it from inventory > reclass

Honest Thief posted:

Yeah, I was using a wiki and wondering how the heck these people managed to amass all this info before.
What's the bar on the bottom mean though? With the - and + on its edges.
That shows you how much your stats change when changing to the highlighted class.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Skippy McPants posted:

So, sharing meals is far and away the best Exploration activity, yeah? It takes resources, but you get support with two characters, motivation for anyone in-house, and 200 professor XP.

Choir gets you support with two characters, Faith exp for them and Byleth, Authority exp for Byleth and 200 professor XP. I'd peg it slightly better overall.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zore posted:

Choir gets you support with two characters, Faith exp for them and Byleth, Authority exp for Byleth and 200 professor XP. I'd peg it slightly better overall.

But only something like four people have the blue ^ from Choir so I assume it's fewer support points for everyone else.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Zore posted:

so i guess if i really wanted to poach annette in my last two months at the academy (or lysithea in a future run), i should probably be doing choir with them every time i explore the monastery

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Meallan posted:

I feel this game would have benefited tons from Yakuza style side questing.

I know why they wouldn't, the logistics of adding even more dialogue and voiced lines scare me, but... drat if it wouldn't have been great.

It's already long enough with enough to do.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

JBP posted:

It's already long enough with enough to do.

Yeah, but the game already has fetch style sidequests and the blue shines hunting; just saying I would have preferred to have 1 or 2 cutscene based sidequests with your class per month instead of those.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How many chapters/main story missions are there? I'm guessing the game goes beyond the school year - since that wouldn't get anywhere near the 50+ hours I'm hearing.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

How many chapters/main story missions are there? I'm guessing the game goes beyond the school year - since that wouldn't get anywhere near the 50+ hours I'm hearing.

22 Chapters

Minor spoiler: Ch. 12 is the end of the school segment.

Edit: I know it's some kind of tradition to keep them hidden, but wish the game surfaced Support numbers the way it does with... basically everything else.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Apparently 22 per route.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Skippy McPants posted:

22 Chapters

Minor spoiler: Ch. 12 is the end of the school segment.

Nice.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you actually don't know what happens after school then I recommend getting out of here cause it was revealed at E3 and it'd be Hella dope to first realize it while playing

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Forgive me if this was answered at some point (I've been avoiding the thread so as to not get spoiled), but is the Prayer Ring glitched? I'm doing Ingrid's paralogue, got the Prayer Ring from a chest and gave it to Felix but it does nothing for him. Dedue has been getting healed every turn instead despite not having that ring or any other form of self-healing. :psyduck:

e: Never mind, I forgot you have to actually equip it :downs:

Wes Warhammer fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 30, 2019

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I would pay $10 for a DLC that changed the decor on the Exploration map along with the seasons. $20 if they gave everyone pea coats and scarf skins in the winter.

Edit: Oh poo poo, this game is a visual novel that's tricked me into thinking its a tactics game!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Is the dark souls ish online feature worth it? I don't have Nintendo online but it's usually on promo somewhere. I'm talking about the recon training.

Amppelix posted:

I just said how to check class exp like five posts up! You don't need to go through goals, you can do it from inventory > reclass
That shows you how much your stats change when changing to the highlighted class.

Ah, makes sense then.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Honest Thief posted:

Is the dark souls ish online feature worth it? I don't have Nintendo online but it's usually on promo somewhere. I'm talking about the recon training.

Ah, makes sense then.

I find it neat, personally. Seeing where people die can in some maps give some info, but you may or may not want to have stuff like ambushes etc hinted at you. I also like to see what other people did during the month purely for curiosity.

However I already have the online for splatoon and tetris. If you want the online for this alone, I wouldn't say it would be worth the 20 bucks. Depends on the discount?

But, in general, I find the service itself worth it.

Meallan fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 30, 2019

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Tired Moritz posted:

Apparently 22 per route.

Only in chapter 12 here, so this means the school portion is longer than what happens afterwards.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Honest Thief posted:

It gives you free equipment, experience, and weapon repairs. It's low key very powerful, and if you accidentally step on a tile with a bonus that would go better on somebody else, you can rewind it.

e: Sylvain's such a good guy. In his support with Bernadetta, he doesn't even hit on her! He's just returning a book. :allears:

inthesto fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 30, 2019

Kraden
Mar 22, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

It varies, depending on route. The Black Eagles route is only 18 chapters long, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Edelgard is Cao Cao

Dmitri is Liu Bei

Claude is the Wu Faction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

So what has the rest of IntSys been working on?