Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Also hub centric/lug centric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Ok I found these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-OEM-17-Base-Model-Wheels-Set-Of-4/173938839886?hash=item287f90114e:g:ShMAAOSwfhNcnNhZ

Looks like they used to be on a 3rd gen IS like mine. Difference is obvious 17", squared (all 7.5 width instead of 8 in front 8.5 in back), and offset is 45 all around instead of 45 in front and 50 in back. Everything checks out with size calculators, speedo will be accurate. Can take advantage of free shipping...would you guys submit an offer or is this a great price as it is? Maybe wait and shop around since I have a bit of time before winter?

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I installed LED high beams today to replace my horrible dim halogen bulbs. It came with a converter thingy that I plug into the car’s bulb socket and it sits between the car’s wiring and the LED bulb, if that makes sense.

My question is: where exactly is the correct way to put the converter? I would assume this converter would heat up a little, and there was no room for me to keep it dangling outside (like I did with my turn signal resistors) due to the dust cap. However, I was able to stuff everything into the housing.

All youtube videos barely even show where the extra wiring goes. But it looks like it’s kind of designed to be shoved into the housing. I’m just worried about creating a potential fire hazard.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Krakkles posted:

So, you need:
  • offset / lug pattern of the wheels to be the same as stock

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I was under the impression that offset does not have to match (and indeed my new wheels offset does not match, although it's close) but Tire Rack didn't have any issue with it when I bought them nor has anyone else with similar wheels on a WRX ever said they need the same offset, so long as you have clearance for everything.

Stock wheels were 18x8.5 +55 offset. My replacements are 18x8.5 +50 offset, although plenty around +40 were an option. Apparently a super common wheel replacement is +42 offset.

Obviously the lug pattern must match, but I don't know why offset would if you have clearances to turn the wheel fully, based on my understanding of how offset works.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about this stuff.

Edit: I'm not sure what the offset is on my winter wheels but they're 18x8 and I think +42 actually. I've had no problems except when I hit a pothole on the interstate at night going 75 and blew a tire with a hole in the sidewall, which I don't attribute to offset.

ssb fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 31, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

rear end posted:

I installed LED high beams today to replace my horrible dim halogen bulbs. It came with a converter thingy that I plug into the car’s bulb socket and it sits between the car’s wiring and the LED bulb, if that makes sense.

My question is: where exactly is the correct way to put the converter? I would assume this converter would heat up a little, and there was no room for me to keep it dangling outside (like I did with my turn signal resistors) due to the dust cap. However, I was able to stuff everything into the housing.

All youtube videos barely even show where the extra wiring goes. But it looks like it’s kind of designed to be shoved into the housing. I’m just worried about creating a potential fire hazard.

The correct way would be to not put LEDs in a halogen light fixture so you don’t blind everyone

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

rear end posted:

My question is: where exactly is the correct way to put the converter?

If a return is out of the question, the nearest garbage can.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Is there a good resource for service manuals for 90s light vans?

Something like the Nissan Caravan, Hyundai H100, Mitsubishi L300 (1986-1994 model)

I always used Haynes before but they don't seem to have these models/years

Would appreciate suggestions for .pdf or digital versions as I can't get print ones delivered, I don't mind paying for them though, not just asking for :filez:

simplefish fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 31, 2019

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The correct way would be to not put LEDs in a halogen light fixture so you don’t blind everyone

Geoj posted:

If a return is out of the question, the nearest garbage can.

:downsbravo:

Now that you got that out of your systems, would you please like to answer my question, in case the thing sets on fire?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

rear end posted:

:downsbravo:

Now that you got that out of your systems, would you please like to answer my question, in case the thing sets on fire?

Unironic username spotted

That was the earnest advice. If you want brighter headlights, either spring for Silver Stars and replace them every year, or do a proper conversion for your head lights housings. LEDs in halogen housing really will dazzle other drivers, creating a major hazard. I find it likely that the majority opinion of AI would consider your fire hazard to be of little concern in comparison.

tl;dr if you're putting LEDs in halogen housings I couldn't care less if your car catches on fire

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 31, 2019

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Beach Bum posted:

Unironic username spotted

That was the earnest advice. If you want brighter headlights, either spring for Silver Stars and replace them every year, or do a proper conversion for your head lights housings. LEDs in halogen housing really will dazzle other drivers, creating a major hazard. I find it likely that the majority opinion of AI would consider your fire hazard to be of little concern in comparison.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did not read my first post well. I am installing LED bulbs for high beams, which a) are going to be bright as poo poo regardless, b) my car turns them off automatically when it detects a car and c) already have a good cutoff. The high beams are SEPARATE bulbs. My low beam headlights are normal, projector, straight from the factory HIDs. No one is getting blinded.

Beach Bum posted:

tl;dr if you're putting LEDs in halogen housings I couldn't care less if your car catches on fire

What a nice, completely normal thing to say.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

rear end posted:

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did not read my first post well. I am installing LED bulbs for high beams, which a) are going to be bright as poo poo regardless, b) my car turns them off automatically when it detects a car and c) already have a good cutoff. The high beams are SEPARATE bulbs. My low beam headlights are normal, projector, straight from the factory HIDs. No one is getting blinded.

What a nice, completely normal thing to say.

Fair enough, I did miss the bit about high beams. I could now care less if your car caught on fire. (Notice I didn't say I wanted your car to catch on fire, I just said I wouldn't care)

Oh hell with it, mea culpa

Having a ton of wiring stuffed into a headlight housing sounds like a fire hazard to me. You should probably find a different solution. This solution would likely involve zipties and forgoing the OE weather sealing, as OE fitment generally relies on OE parts.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 31, 2019

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Beach Bum posted:

Fair enough, I did miss the bit about high beams. I could now care less if your car caught on fire. (Notice I didn't say I wanted your car to catch on fire, I just said I wouldn't care)

Oh hell with it, mea culpa

Having a ton of wiring stuffed into a headlight housing sounds like a fire hazard to me. You should probably find a different solution. This solution would likely involve zipties and forgoing the OEM weather sealing, as OEM fitment generally relies on OEM parts.

Haha actually I'm gonna go grab some pics because I'm starting to think I don't even know if that "converter" even is a converter, or just an anti-flicker module or something.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Also there's been quite enough fire in AI recently we don't want any more

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Beach Bum posted:

Also there's been quite enough fire in AI recently we don't want any more

I'm very wary of this poo poo. An old friend of mine installed cheapo HIDs that burned his car. I sprung up, at least.

Okay yeah the manual refers to it as a bulb driver. I have no idea how much that thing heats up, if at all.

This is the "bulb drive"

Kinda shoved it alongside all the other wires inside. I have no idea if it's supposed to dangle outside, like a resistor (which I know for a fact heat up, which is why they should be either hanging loose or touching metal), because the dust cap won't let any wire hang outside at all.

update: hours of googling led me to... just buy a bigger dust cap. There we go, lol. Basically this:

Beach Bum posted:

This solution would likely involve zipties and forgoing the OE weather sealing, as OE fitment generally relies on OE parts.

Thank you!

ass fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 31, 2019

MesquiteLog
Dec 8, 2009
There was someone here that used to track a Magnum SRT8 with what looked like Enkei RPF1 wheels. Does anyone recall what size, offset, and tire size that setup was? Also, if the former owner of the car in question sees this, what was your suspension setup?

Looking at Chargers of roughly the same vintage and would like to do something similar if I wind up with one.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Had my wife’s Peugeot 208 into the garage yesterday to get the air con recharged. They noted the coolant reservoir was empty and topped it up. I’d been out in the car the day before and the temp was bang on, and no warning lights. Although I’ve got a feeling Peugeot in their infinite wisdom may not have fitted a coolant level sensor.

This morning the coolant reservoir was pretty much empty again. I figured the missing coolant may have disappeared to fill an air lock, if it had been very low.

I’ve topped it up and been out for a run and coolant temp (via obd) is sitting at 80c, rising to 84 under heavy load and dropping back down after. Fans kick on as they should. It does not appear to be losing coolant. I’m seeing a few drops from the back of the engine but I suspect that it is AC condensation - it seems not to be coolant.

TLDR here is the stupid question - there is a coolant line running back into the expansion tank that is pissing coolant back into the tank when the engine is warm - is that normal? I haven’t messed about with a GDCS is 15 years so I’m a bit thick about these things now.

I’m about to drive to the centre of London from Scotland in the middle of a heatwave tomorrow, so I’m keen to make sure it’s fine and not just suck it and see! I’d take my new to me shitheap Focus, but it’s developed a mysterious ecu issue and hasn’t seen an oil change in 30,000 miles :supaburn:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

stump posted:

Had my wife’s Peugeot 208 into the garage yesterday to get the air con recharged. They noted the coolant reservoir was empty and topped it up. I’d been out in the car the day before and the temp was bang on, and no warning lights. Although I’ve got a feeling Peugeot in their infinite wisdom may not have fitted a coolant level sensor.

This morning the coolant reservoir was pretty much empty again. I figured the missing coolant may have disappeared to fill an air lock, if it had been very low.

I’ve topped it up and been out for a run and coolant temp (via obd) is sitting at 80c, rising to 84 under heavy load and dropping back down after. Fans kick on as they should. It does not appear to be losing coolant. I’m seeing a few drops from the back of the engine but I suspect that it is AC condensation - it seems not to be coolant.

TLDR here is the stupid question - there is a coolant line running back into the expansion tank that is pissing coolant back into the tank when the engine is warm - is that normal? I haven’t messed about with a GDCS is 15 years so I’m a bit thick about these things now.

I’m about to drive to the centre of London from Scotland in the middle of a heatwave tomorrow, so I’m keen to make sure it’s fine and not just suck it and see! I’d take my new to me shitheap Focus, but it’s developed a mysterious ecu issue and hasn’t seen an oil change in 30,000 miles :supaburn:

Can you slip a bit of cardboard under the car to catch the drips you are seeing so you can rule out the a/c? It probably is a/c but it's worth knowing.

I recently had a coolant hose tear develop over a week or two and while it was going the rate of coolant loss was all over the place- probably worth triple checking your hoses, especially at bends or attachments

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Managed to catch some and it’s clear as a mountain stream - definitely AC.

Ran it for a bit on a slope w/ heater on max as a poor mans bleed - I’ve not got a clue where the bleed points are and google hasn’t been helpful so far.

Taking it on a hour and a half run right now and if it’s fine after that I’ll call it good. I’ve got recovery if things deteriorate!

I suspect there may be a slight leak at the expansion tank - which would explain how it was low in the first place.

Edit: Engine is pretty jammed in - it’s a 1.6 litre turbo diesel in a wee hatch - so I can’t check hoses easily but aside from the AC and a wee bit at the expansion tank it’s looks dry.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

shortspecialbus posted:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I was under the impression that offset does not have to match (and indeed my new wheels offset does not match, although it's close) but Tire Rack didn't have any issue with it when I bought them nor has anyone else with similar wheels on a WRX ever said they need the same offset, so long as you have clearance for everything.

Stock wheels were 18x8.5 +55 offset. My replacements are 18x8.5 +50 offset, although plenty around +40 were an option. Apparently a super common wheel replacement is +42 offset.

Obviously the lug pattern must match, but I don't know why offset would if you have clearances to turn the wheel fully, based on my understanding of how offset works.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about this stuff.

Edit: I'm not sure what the offset is on my winter wheels but they're 18x8 and I think +42 actually. I've had no problems except when I hit a pothole on the interstate at night going 75 and blew a tire with a hole in the sidewall, which I don't attribute to offset.
You're right, I was simplifying there. If someone needs simple advice, "the same offset as stock" is the safest route.

You've got the basic idea with "[offset doesn't have to match] if you have the clearances to turn the wheel fully". Multiple offsets may well fit a car acceptably, but there are offsets that can prevent wheels from fitting at all on a given vehicle. I just wanted to bring it up in case he/she wasn't already considering it.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Krakkles posted:

You're right, I was simplifying there. If someone needs simple advice, "the same offset as stock" is the safest route.

You've got the basic idea with "[offset doesn't have to match] if you have the clearances to turn the wheel fully". Multiple offsets may well fit a car acceptably, but there are offsets that can prevent wheels from fitting at all on a given vehicle. I just wanted to bring it up in case he/she wasn't already considering it.

Ok, cool - thanks for the clarification. I wasn't confident enough to assume that you were simplifying for that purpose, but it makes sense. Thanks!

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

simplefish posted:

I think I know what's wrong with my car.

I think it's an (intermittently) dodgy O2 sensor on Bank 2. Not 100% sure what the problem is, I'm thinking maybe loose connection or fouled up. I don't really know what causes them to fail.

What P-code are you setting?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

rear end posted:

Its still stupid. The reflectors in your headlights are precisely designed around the physical placement and shape of the bulb filament. Jamming a LED light source into whatever housing and expecting it to work is like assuming any random pair of glasses will improve your vision.

Even if you take blinding others out of the equation you're going to end up with worse lighting performance with the LED replacement over a OE-spec halogen bulb - because LEDs emit light differently than a halogen filament and not in the right location, so the beam pattern will scatter all to hell and will be largely ineffective at lighting anything beyond 100-150' in front of you - if you're lucky.

But don't take my word for it - here's what the professionals have to say on the matter.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 31, 2019

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Geoj posted:

Its still stupid. The reflectors in your headlights are precisely designed around the physical placement and shape of the bulb filament. Jamming a LED light source into whatever housing and expecting it to work is like assuming any random pair of glasses will improve your vision.

Even if you take blinding others out of the equation you're going to end up with worse lighting performance with the LED replacement over a OE-spec halogen bulb - because LEDs emit light differently than a halogen filament and not in the right location, so the beam pattern will scatter all to hell and will be largely ineffective at lighting anything beyond 100-150' in front of you - if you're lucky.

But don't take my word for it - here's what the professionals have to say on the matter.

No, you're right. I definitely did notice the shorter light throw as I was trying it out. This poo poo has given me nothing but a headache and the seller was super loving rude to me when I asked them questions so I'm sending the stuff back. I just put back on my old Philips Xtremevision halogens.

Another Goon Success Story.

ass fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 31, 2019

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
For a while I struggled with lovely headlights in my KTM super Moto. I found a shop selling a higher wattage bulb that sure enough was brighter ... except the bike was a paintshaker and the filament in the bulb snapped on me two or three times in a few hundred miles of riding, at most.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
If your headlight housing uses H11 bulbs you can do a cheap/easy upgrade to H9. They're physically identical with the H9 having higher draw, resulting in more output and a shorter lifespan.

All you have to do is remove a plastic tab from the socket and trim some metal off of the retaining ring to match the pattern on a H11 base.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

rear end posted:

No, you're right. I definitely did notice the shorter light throw as I was trying it out. This poo poo has given me nothing but a headache and the seller was super loving rude to me when I asked them questions so I'm sending the stuff back. I just put back on my old Philips Xtremevision halogens.

Another Goon Success Story.

What car is it? If there was a trim model or later model year that shares the same body style that had HIDs or LEDs you can often retrofit in a useful and road legal way.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

totalnewbie posted:

What P-code are you setting?

P1349: Fuel Sensor B Circuit high

Apparently on Toyotas that can also mean VVT System Fault

O2S1 Bank 1 trim is 2.5-3.5% higher than O2S1 Bank 2, Bank 2 is sometimes negative% (Bank 1 never is)
The values fluctuate a lot even at idle

STFT Bank 1 is 2.3-5% higher than Bank 2, Bank 2 is sometimes negative% (Bank 1 never is)
The values fluctuate a lot even at idle

When the CEL comes on it's shortly after all Bank 2 and fuel flow sensors read 0 (also 0 volts if I look at that instead of trim %)

Then when I start getting values for what had been hard zeroes the idle rpm drops from 1500 to 700, the CEL goes off, and it's ok for a while.

That's why I think it's Bank 2 O2 messing up the fuel sensor by association, or a fuel sensor
(but bank 1 can still give me a trim % which I thought was air/fuel ratio so surely there's still a working fuel sensor somewhere?)

The CEL seems to come on after driving low speed for a while especially uphill, or when I go over a bump. As most bumps are low speed I've not really isolated which, but that's why I was thinking it was an O2 sensor getting crudded up by going low speed and engine running too rich for too long or something, or a loose connection.

If I coast the car in neutral (engine running) wherever possible for a while, the CEL tends to go off - I was thinking maybe not shoving loads of fuel into the engine, and allowing good airflow might "uncrud" the sensor.
Also, again, I'm not sure if it's the driving style or just waiting that "fixes" it.

Engine is getting up to temp fine (88°C)

I took a video, if you think it'd be useful I can edit and upload highlights

But honestly I don't have space to work on the car, any tools beyond a jack and a screwdriver, nowhere to store tools if I bought em, and no experience changing out sensors.

At this point it's frustrated curiosity more than anything else.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Geoj posted:

If your headlight housing uses H11 bulbs you can do a cheap/easy upgrade to H9. They're physically identical with the H9 having higher draw, resulting in more output and a shorter lifespan.

All you have to do is remove a plastic tab from the socket and trim some metal off of the retaining ring to match the pattern on a H11 base.

Motronic posted:

What car is it? If there was a trim model or later model year that shares the same body style that had HIDs or LEDs you can often retrofit in a useful and road legal way.

A 2014 Dodge Charger. Even the top trim SRT model has halogen high beams, and HID everything else because Chrysler.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Caveat: I'm an engineer not a mechanic, so I know gently caress-all about cars.

If multiple sensors are going to 0V momentarily then it really sounds wiring-harness related. You could have an intermittent open somewhere or a short to ground. Look for something in the harness.

quote:

If I coast the car in neutral (engine running) wherever possible for a while, the CEL tends to go off - I was thinking maybe not shoving loads of fuel into the engine, and allowing good airflow might "uncrud" the sensor.
Also, again, I'm not sure if it's the driving style or just waiting that "fixes" it.

If you're going to coast, you should keep the car in drive; when you're in neutral, it's the same as idling. It's also not really good airflow. And "uncrud" the sensor is not really a thing.

I've never seen a fuel sensor code as a result of the O2 sensor (but, again, engineer not mechanic) so I'd honestly look at the fuel flow sensor after the harness.

Pretty sure your O2 sensor itself is fine. But again, I know gently caress-all.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

You could do a 9011 swap. Same idea as the H11/H9.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Geoj posted:

You could do a 9011 swap. Same idea as the H11/H9.

Looked it up and hell yeah that sounds pretty drat easy to do. Bought a pair of Philips 9011 HIR bulbs. This will be fun.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

rear end posted:

A 2014 Dodge Charger. Even the top trim SRT model has halogen high beams, and HID everything else because Chrysler.

You should seriously look into HID parts.

It's really not any worse (on light output) than LEDs of the same general era. And the most important part is that you'll have similar light output to other people on the road at night.

We all used to be fine with lovely rear end sealed beams, but then when the light output increased on some cars it started to night blind other people with lovely sealed beams. This is basically an arms race over night vision. You just need to keep up, not burn people's retinas.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Motronic posted:

You should seriously look into factory HID parts.

Fixed, if you're not already running factory HIDs for low beams.

Most car makers have stuck with halogen for high beams because they're just not used as much. And I've seen some insanely bright halogen high beams.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

totalnewbie posted:

Caveat: I'm an engineer not a mechanic, so I know gently caress-all about cars.

If multiple sensors are going to 0V momentarily then it really sounds wiring-harness related. You could have an intermittent open somewhere or a short to ground. Look for something in the harness.

If you're going to coast, you should keep the car in drive; when you're in neutral, it's the same as idling. It's also not really good airflow. And "uncrud" the sensor is not really a thing.

I've never seen a fuel sensor code as a result of the O2 sensor (but, again, engineer not mechanic) so I'd honestly look at the fuel flow sensor after the harness.

Pretty sure your O2 sensor itself is fine. But again, I know gently caress-all.

Thanks man

Bad news: the CEL is now constant. Even after I completely cleared the code, started it up again, no light - for all of less than a minute. Same code again.

Not sure where I was getting the fuel flow sensor reading 0 from - I seem to be misremembering as when I went back over my notes I didn't write that down.

Also more bad news: the fuel system is now saying "open loop due to insufficient engine temperature" and it's apparently ECU #1 and ECU #2 saying that.
Before, when the CEL was intermittent, it was definitely doing open/closed based on whether I was using the accelerator pedal

Tomorrow I am going to try disconnecting and reconnecting the Bank 2 O2 Sensor, because as luck would have it that's the one I can reach without having to dive deep

simplefish fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Aug 1, 2019

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

simplefish posted:

Also more bad news: the fuel system is now saying "open due to insufficient engine temperature" and it's apparently ECU #1 and ECU #2 saying that.

That's normal if the engine isn't warmed up.

Now if it's fully warmed up, then that's an issue. What does OBD2 report the engine temp as being?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Sorry, meant to include that. It was 97°C and up to 98°C

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

rear end posted:

Also "because chrysler": Polish up the headlight lenses if they're faded/yellowing.
The HIR (9011, 9012) bulbs are dope as gently caress. Can confirm this.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

wesleywillis posted:

Also "because chrysler": Polish up the headlight lenses if they're faded/yellowing.
The HIR (9011, 9012) bulbs are dope as gently caress. Can confirm this.

Chrysler does a lot of moronic poo poo (my front suspension's clunking and the car has 60k miles on it, because they used cheap rear end bushings) but yellowing headlight lenses happens across all vehicles, no? Either way, mine are fine for now.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Speaking of bushings, now that I remembered, I've been looking around everywhere for replacement bushings. Chrysler, obviously, only sells complete control arms with bushings installed. Aftermarket bushings are only for the AWD model, for some reason?

Do I just suck at googling or are there really no replacement bushings around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

rear end posted:

Chrysler does a lot of moronic poo poo (my front suspension's clunking and the car has 60k miles on it, because they used cheap rear end bushings) but yellowing headlight lenses happens across all vehicles, no? Either way, mine are fine for now.

Yup, but thats also a common reason why people complain their headlights suck. One would just assume that "because Chrysler" it probably happens faster.