Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Yeah, or Dybala as a false 9.

No Juve buy back option for Kean as well, which I had hoped would be included.

Juventus -> :respek: selling their best young talent to buy bums :respek: <- Milan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
29m for Kean seems like a steal, kind of surprised no one bigger than Everton is in for him

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

trem_two posted:

Yeah, or Dybala as a false 9.

No Juve buy back option for Kean as well, which I had hoped would be included.

That seems really odd

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There was talk earlier that a Kean sale would raise funds for Lukaku, so I guess this gives more fuel to that fire.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Unless there’s a LB actually coming in I’d like him to stay, Dummett always gets injured and Clark is serviceable there

Although maybe Bruce likes Lazaar. 4 league appearances since signing in 2016 hell yeah

It's probably n'soki from psg. We really need an upgrade at right back yedlin and manquillo aren't good enough but I guess when you're dealing with Ashley transfers and gaping holes in the squad that gets ignored

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

N’Soki couldn’t agree wages last I read

Hopefully he does better than the last young French LB we signed

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Von Linus posted:

Ornstein says Pepe signing for Arsenal this week on a five year deal, medical today

They're trying to sell Mustafi who is clinging on like a limpet, they still want a centre back and also Tierney

Edu meeting Stade Rennes president to get shot of Koscielny.

It would be awfully close to Arsenal's best ever window if they could get all those things done.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/OsmanZtheGooner/status/1155915927868887046
(the option to buy is that his contract runs out)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Do Arsenal have some sort of rule where they always have to have a Japanese player on their books who is never going to make it?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Big Huski Boi posted:

It would be awfully close to Arsenal's best ever window if they could get all those things done.

Yeah, and if Tottenham did half the poo poo they're rumored to be doing every loving summer they'd dominate the football world

e: or go into administration, one or the other

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, and if Tottenham did half the poo poo they're rumored to be doing every loving summer they'd dominate the football world

e: or go into administration, one or the other

It's Ornstein, they're not rumors.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Do Arsenal have some sort of rule where they always have to have a Japanese player on their books who is never going to make it?

Wenger loved Japanese players for some reason

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Mr Snips posted:

Helps raise the profile over yonder?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Wenger managed in Japan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mr Snips posted:

He managed there.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I thought Kean was Juve’s future. I’m surprised they’re selling.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I know that he managed there, I meant he loved signing Japanese players that would never break into the first team

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Mr Snips posted:

I know that he managed there, I meant he loved signing Japanese players that would never break into the first team

Park Chu Young will forever be a mystery to me.

Edit: I know he's Korean

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't watch Serie A but I recall highlights of him salvaging games for Juve periodically in the past season. They said he was gonna be the next big thing. The hell are they gonna do when Ronaldo falls apart?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vegetable posted:

I don't watch Serie A but I recall highlights of him salvaging games for Juve periodically in the past season. They said he was gonna be the next big thing. The hell are they gonna do when Ronaldo falls apart?

Win the league by 10 points instead of 20.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Shroud posted:

Park Chu Young will forever be a mystery to me.

Edit: I know he's Korean

He was part of the panic to sign people after they got thrashed by man u and realised the squad wasn't good enough

For every Park Chu Young or Andre Santos there was an Arteta or Mertesacker

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mr Snips posted:

He was part of the panic to sign people after they got thrashed by man u and realised the squad wasn't good enough

For every Park Chu Young or Andre Santos there was an Arteta or Mertesacker

Also not very good?

Remember Kallstrom lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kallstrom scored his penalty in the FA Cup semifinal shootout, he's getting a statue.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Also not very good?

Remember Kallstrom lol

Literally signing a player with a broken back.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Kallstrom scored his penalty in the FA Cup semifinal shootout, he's getting a statue.

The alternative narrative here is that arsenal were unable to beat a 2nd division Wigan side in normal time

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Big Huski Boi posted:

does that count as a trophy?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

The alternative narrative here is that arsenal were unable to beat a 2nd division Wigan side in normal time

Hey, Wigan are insanely good when it comes to the FA Cup I'll have you know.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

And we may have lost in extra time were it not for Kim Kallstrom, a man who didn't spend enough time at Arsenal to learn he was supposed to crumble under pressure.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/status/1156214261946998791

Neither Cutrone nor Vallejo will be eligible for the 2nd leg match vs Crusaders. Apparently the team is going hard after Ruben Dias as well which I’m all for as he would make the team’s third Ruben.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

What do the Italian experts think of Cutrones chances in the prem?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Kallstrom played more minutes than Suarez did lol.

Edit: Also Mustafi going away and Kosc leaving mean Arsenal really need a CB.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 30, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Raffles posted:

What do the Italian experts think of Cutrones chances in the prem?

I think he’ll do all right, not stellar if he’s left alone at the top of the formation. He’s a poacher; if the attack plays to that he could get to double digit goals.

It does remain to be seen if he can carry his effort to another team. He was literally in love with Milan; tears on the pitch when we lost level. I think without that, he’s not as good as his stats would show.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I think he’ll do all right, not stellar if he’s left alone at the top of the formation. He’s a poacher; if the attack plays to that he could get to double digit goals.

It does remain to be seen if he can carry his effort to another team. He was literally in love with Milan; tears on the pitch when we lost level. I think without that, he’s not as good as his stats would show.

It’s likely he’ll start the Euro/cup games and be a sub for Prem games. If he’s willing to bust his rear end for 20 minutes a game he’ll quickly be embraced locally. Still, to be a 20 year old kid going from one of the most beautiful cities in the world to freakin Wolvo is probably a bummer.

E: he should be part of a partnership up top. Doubt Nuno strays from the 3-5-2 this year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

It’s likely he’ll start the Euro/cup games and be a sub for Prem games. If he’s willing to bust his rear end for 20 minutes a game he’ll quickly be embraced locally. Still, to be a 20 year old kid going from one of the most beautiful cities in the world to freakin Wolvo is probably a bummer.

That’s probably good for him; most of his match winning performances were as a sub.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Higuain's brother agreed to meet with Roma to discuss a contract, which is the first sign of progress that he might actually leave Juve.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wow Juve selling Keane is weird as heck to me

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dybala's agent is in Manchester to meet with United execs.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1156233524833394688

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 30, 2019

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I love it when Spurs inquire about a player and then other clubs realize he's available and the player goes to a better team.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I love it when Spurs inquire about a player and then other clubs realize he's available and the player goes to a better team.

But that tweet is about United

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

pik_d posted:

But that tweet is about United
Spurs inquired about him weeks ago