Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

is this a black panther tie in? why is she proportioned like a regular person instead of like all the other goofy exaggerated cartoon mans.

bring back tychus crotch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I think all the wonky proportions was for the pro scene so every hero had a real recognizable silhouette. Now they can do whatever.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That is exactly right. They can and should literally do whatever.

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

ooooh baby, bring on the hats

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Top secret HOTS lore: Qhira is Orphea's mom.

Don't tell anyone, my uncle that works at Blizzard told me, and he made me swear not to tell anyone! So don't!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

God drat there's a lot of people leaving HOTS.

https://twitter.com/Latienie/status/1156973351115472902

We might actually be hitting Dead Game status here.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

doverhog posted:

I'm not opposed to HOTS original characters in principle, but there is a limited amount of resources to go around and this means Baal or Vol'jin are still not in the game.

I kind of understood Orphea (even though I just didn't like playing around with her kit) because she was the daughter of the "raven lord" but they just invented a lore here I guess

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I'm guessing we'll get a map or some other link to her place of origin (is it a country, a continent, a planet? I don't even know) at some point. I'm fine with it, though I tend to prefer you get background stuff before heroes, like how the Raven Lord preceded Orphea.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Kith posted:

God drat there's a lot of people leaving HOTS.

https://twitter.com/Latienie/status/1156973351115472902

We might actually be hitting Dead Game status here.

Did she have any hands in :goonsay: making of Whitemane? Because if so, truly dead now. :smithfrog:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I enjoyed Uther coaching Raynor in the original tutorial while he was very confused.

I may have been drunk at the time, as I was at most times when I played this game.

That is all.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dick Burglar posted:

I'm guessing we'll get a map or some other link to her place of origin (is it a country, a continent, a planet? I don't even know) at some point. I'm fine with it, though I tend to prefer you get background stuff before heroes, like how the Raven Lord preceded Orphea.

It was very clearly stated that Iresia was completely destroyed in Qhira's intro, so I doubt it.

Im_Special posted:

Did she have any hands in :goonsay: making of Whitemane? Because if so, truly dead now. :smithfrog:

No, Whitemane was animated by a guy - although I don't recall which one. Lana was one of the primary pushing forces behind Orphea, which there was a Gamer Controversy™ about because "she's destroying the sanctity of HOTS by injecting her original character!!!". I've heard a couple rumors that her departure is due to the backlash over Qhira, but everyone I know from Blizzard has left or been laid off so I don't have anyone to ask.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hots reddit loves lana. She accidentally became a face of the game because someone found her demo reel a few months back (with lots of very quality work), the person who found it made a thread saying "hots devs are looking for new jobs", and she came and reassured people she wasn't, which is lol but anyone smart would do the same thing in her position.

She did Stukov's animations so she's obviously A+.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Lana was good. I was always surprised when she showed up and spoke on Mewn's stream (shockingly often btw) because HotS reddit loving hated that guy to a childish degree.

gently caress the haters. Mewn had like the best stream ever during the game's golden years.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

nah he was a big baby bitch and always has been.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
One aspect of MOBAs I never understood was the need to watch streamers and have opinions about which one is golden or a bitch. Low twitch numbers contributed to the cancellation so I guess that was partly my fault.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like watching highlight reels and edited good matches. Never cared enough to watch someone live.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
With any game, I prefer to watch streamers that aren't overly negative. I really tried to get into watching Mewn since he seemed quite popular, was fairly high ranked and there weren't many options for HotS, but he seemed to be tilted too easily and too often. I'm not trying to watch actually mad people play video games when I am trying to chill.

That said, and this is especially true of youtube, there is totally an audience for "rage gaming". It's just not my thing.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm glad this game is only a 15 gb install. I reinstall when a season starts, realize nothing has changed and the people who play this in ranked are loving retarded still and uninstall. You'd think I would have stopped bothering by now but nope.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm glad this game is only a 15 gb install. I reinstall when a season starts, realize nothing has changed and the people who play this in ranked are loving retarded still and uninstall. You'd think I would have stopped bothering by now but nope.

You might want to play with people who are not random pubbies with no mics. Have you tried the goon Discord in the OP?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
What's the difference?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

blastron posted:

You might want to play with people who are not random pubbies with no mics. Have you tried the goon Discord in the OP?

If the only way to find players in ranked who can breathe without swallowing their own tongues is to dredge them up from a discord server and curate my own group of players, it's a trash game with bad players.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah hots is kinda weird in that pubbies are bad, unlike most online games where everyone is a professional.

But yeah in my 3rd (and last! much better) placement our Fenix I don't think knew how to right click? Like I had quadruple his damage as the other assassin. He also got out-damaged by everyone in the game except brightwing.

Then he dc'd, came back and started whining about healzzzzz (he would literally walk into garrosh because he didn't know how to stutterstep).

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hey I'm gonna try ranked

(wins 90% of the game, then team does a horrible engage and Falstad DCs)

nah never mind, just gonna make me hate the game

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 7, 2019

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

At least my plan of sitting at gold 1 all last season worked out. Lost 66% of placements then ranked up to platinum.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Me and my lovely friends who play this keep getting wrecked by the new hero. Not sure I'd agree she's busted or anything, but her spinning around while invincible and stunning people is annoying.

She also seems to have a self (practically full) heal and her 20 talent for her whirlwind silences too? She hurts a lot too.

But again, could just be my silver/gold teammates can't handle her.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Grimdude posted:

Me and my lovely friends who play this keep getting wrecked by the new hero. Not sure I'd agree she's busted or anything, but her spinning around while invincible and stunning people is annoying.

She also seems to have a self (practically full) heal and her 20 talent for her whirlwind silences too? She hurts a lot too.

Besides her plentiful AOE damage and stuns and slows for days, she also has high levels of armor and a wide variety of utility options. She's good at every part of combat and has excellent range for both engaging and disengaging. It's not shocking that everyone wants to play as her, her kit is overwhelming and her talent trees are highly competitive. She's fun to play, but clearly needs to be toned down.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 7, 2019

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Grimdude posted:

From my meagre experience, capitalising or baiting the spin is the most consistent way of loving her up. You know she will eventually kick (well, not necessarily), so prepare to crunch her when she does. I've also encountered a few high mobility characters with her, and as she follows them, they can teleport or run into very hairy situations (like behind forts) before she gets a chance to react. A long shot, but it's part of what ruined a few of my fights as her.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
lili seems to be a good counter for her. Lili can rescue the walking dead who are waiting on her dot to finish the job, and her cloud serpent is a good counter to the spin.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

If you happen to be a character with any kind of mobility tool, you can use it to drag Qhira into your team (or towers) and cause her to get murdered.

I would repost the webm in this post but apparently it's a table-shattering monster and linking directly to it forces a download instead of opening in a new window.

Kith fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 8, 2019

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kith posted:

If you happen to be a character with any kind of mobility tool, you can use it to drag Qhira into your team (or towers) and cause her to get murdered.

I would repost the webm in this post but apparently it's a table-shattering monster and linking directly to it forces a download instead of opening in a new window.

Oh man owns lol. Wonder how it interacts with Maev's various things.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kith posted:

kinda wanna play just to do this now

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rich is now playing his first competitive game of league in the LCK. That's a quick turnaround into a highly saturated pro scene.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Psalm was a pro who quit HotS a few months before it shut down. He took part in a Fortnite tournament two weeks ago, got five kills over the course of five games and won 1.8 million dollars.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I heard he camped every single game. Didn't realize he literally did nothing until there was only one other guy left. How long do those games last? That sounds boring as hell.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If I were the devs I'd revisit the scoring system for sure.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 9, 2019

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Well, HOTS Autochess happened.

Kith fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 15, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

hots art and animations without hots gameplay? Actually sounds perfect.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Got thrown into leaver queue because someone ELSE on my team disconnected in draft, and apparently now they're doing "Win X" games to exit leaver queue.

I only have to get 2 wins, but, ya know, leaver queue. loving Blizzard.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

PantsBandit posted:

Got thrown into leaver queue because someone ELSE on my team disconnected in draft, and apparently now they're doing "Win X" games to exit leaver queue.

Single draft is not only my favorite, but also the best game.mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

They put way more effort into making sure you are punished for playing with jerks than they ever do to actually discourage people from screwing up games.