Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

HootTheOwl posted:

So when they say anyone can beat Trump Warren is proving why she can't: she's being throttled by the moderators. Trump won't be so kind.

Every time she politely asks to respond and gets ignored completely I wince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Insanite posted:

Wait, what? It's really up in the air that we'd not use a nuke first? JFC I'm done.

If I recall correctly the Pentagon revised their doctrine at around the time Mattis stepped out.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

He really said he'd nuke folks?!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Warren is the ogre that everyone keeps mooning.

The unfortunate thing is people will call her a schoolmarm nanny for arguing with five men at once.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Insanite posted:

This has crossed a line from stupid fun into horror that I didn't really expect.

delaney said reagan's name and summoned cold war paranoia

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

"We need to get back to nuclear proliferation." Good thing we're not dwelling on that question.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

jesus loving christ gently caress this man

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

I'd loving nuke a bitch, sure.

::bites the butt off a loaf of bread::

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bullock is literally a loving Metal Gear villain

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
jake tapper:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0265a39b-e02c-401a-bbb0-493bb898c959

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

gently caress that question holy poo poo

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Steve Bullock coming out strong with the “pro nuclear Armageddon” argument

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This question sucks

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Buttigieg angling for a position in the Williamson cabinet with a cunning NZ reference.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Jesus that whole nuclear segment from CNN was awful aside from Warren taking the hard stance of not killing millions of people

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Polygynous posted:

america is bad, actually

:hmmyes:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Mr. Buttigreg, why is Senator Sanders too goddamn old to be president

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
what the gently caress is going on with this line of discussion??

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mind_Taker posted:

gently caress that question holy poo poo

Tapper's been unsubtly attacking Bernie all night. It's ridiculous.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
For the love of god, get the people polling below 5 percent out of the race please. Bullock has literally added NOTHING.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Did that fucker just say MAD is the best method of deterring proliferation? Am I back in 1986?

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty
The question was "is age a concern," right?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
THIS YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPER IS RIGHT

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Someday, Bernie’s kids will refuse to honor his request to have the number of uninsured featured on his tomb.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

DC Murderverse posted:

wait our policy wasn't already "no preemptive nuke usage"?

oh man we're awful

Yes that has famously been U.S. policy for all of the history of nuclear weapons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ogmius815 posted:

Yes that has famously been U.S. policy for all of the history of nuclear weapons.

We are so blatantly the villains

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

It was Don Lemon that time. It’s straight up CNN and corporate media hanging up on Bernie, it’s not isolated to just shithead Jake Tapper.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

King of Solomon posted:

Tapper's questions are at least kinda of relevant unlike that blonde host's question on immigrants wanting free stuff. That was like...beyond the dumbest question I ever heard.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Mooseontheloose posted:

For the love of god, get the people polling below 5 percent out of the race please. Bullock has literally added NOTHING.

It makes me so mad that he’s wasting everyone’s time in this race instead of running for senate.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Despite strongly not wanting Warren to win, I'm not really a big fan of the "Warren will get owned by Trump" talking point. Even if it has some element of truth, in some hypothetical scenario where Warren's actual politics were the best that wouldn't be a good reason for not supporting her (and I also question how much doing poorly against Trump in debates would even affect the general election results). If you have to make an electability argument (which you shouldn't in the first place), it would make more sense to reference Warren's lack of diversity in her supporters. But even that isn't really worth mentioning unless as a counterpoint to people trying to pretend that Sanders has some problem with diversity.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mind_Taker posted:

It was Don Lemon that time. It’s straight up CNN and corporate media hanging up on Bernie, it’s not isolated to just shithead Jake Tapper.

Yeah, it definitely isn't just Jake Tapper.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1156391171222134785

Sad, but true.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Bullock has a bright future in community theater.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Mooseontheloose posted:

Tapper's questions are at least kinda of relevant unlike that blonde host's question on immigrants wanting free stuff. That was like...beyond the dumbest question I ever heard.

That goes to Bernie you don't want America to be the world's police. Trump has also said this. Senator Sanders why do you agree with Trump on everything

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

its' a shame that julianne moore has already played sarah palin because oh man she could probably do a great Maryanne Williamson

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Republicans posted:

Every time she politely asks to respond and gets ignored completely I wince.

The thing is Bernie is central to all of the policies being attacked by the centrists so he gets the oportunities to respond.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Despite strongly not wanting Warren to win, I'm not really a big fan of the "Warren will get owned by Trump" talking point. Even if it has some element of truth, in some hypothetical scenario where Warren's actual politics were the best that wouldn't be a good reason for not supporting her (and I also question how much doing poorly against Trump in debates would even affect the general election results). If you have to make an electability argument (which you shouldn't in the first place), it would make more sense to reference Warren's lack of diversity in her supporters. But even that isn't really worth mentioning unless as a counterpoint to people trying to pretend that Sanders has some problem with diversity.

People seem to think that Trump is going to come to a debate like a hulked out bully but he got bodied every night in 2016 and looked like a clueless child in every general election debate.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
how the gently caress is marianne, zero irony, the 3rd best person there

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I really hope Marianne or whatever steals some of Warren's black vote with tonight's performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Crystal Lady has use. She's a counter to Trump. It's like The Dark Side came up and then the Force said "Here's the Light Side"

I want her to have some debate time with him, but she's not the right candidate.