Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Hey, perfect timing! I don't normally stream on Tuesdays but I just want to play Mario Maker all night, so there's no reason not to stream it. Planning to finish a jam level for once and then play some of the levels posted here. https://www.twitch.tv/goldplatedgames

EDIT: Done for tonight! I played most of the levels posted over the last two pages and liked pretty much all of them. Here's the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/460397241

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How in the heck do you get past these drat munchers? I bet I tried for half an hour.

4RC-YHN-SJF

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Updated my famous Mass Blast course. Tell me how she plays goons!

QXX-02N-SDG

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

DorianGravy posted:

Last Visible Dog: You commented on my recent level, so I picked one of your levels to play. I picked your most popular one, "The Floor is Made of Cannons", and wow that is inventive! How did you make the cannons move? Really nice work.

Oh, thanks for the reciprocation! It's really pretty simple. For the first bit, all the cannons are sitting on a row of blocks, with the ones that will move made taller, sitting on blocks lower down. A wide platform on a rail comes by, raises the bottom of the cannon up to match the rest, which makes the top stick out, then moves to the side a little so the cannon stays up. Different rail shapes and cannon heights make for different effects. The second bit is similar, except the rail paths are more elaborate, and the cannons are raised up and dropped onto various semisolid platforms.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I finished my first jam level on the stream, too. Bowser’s lost so many airships that he’s cutting down on costs and strapping rockets to any old piece of junk. They do go fast, though!

Bowser’s Discount Rockets: LXY-LTW-XHG

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Phantasium posted:

finally got to the silent hill level and the comment i left on it turned out really well

Haha, I just saw this. Thank you.

:ssh: It's nowhere near done, but I'm currently working on Whispering Bluffs 2: The Apartment.

I felt like making a really traditional level tonight, so here's a course that takes inspiration from SMB1 World 4. Difficulty is closer to Lost Levels, because that's the challenge level I like. Also it's short enough that it doesn't really need a checkpoint, but I took J-Spot's advice and put one anyway to encourage more people to clear it.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

OneMoreTime posted:

And we're done! Thanks for everyone for joining me, and no worries Alf_pogs and Spiffster, I'm glad you all were able to join us.

Link to the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/460339626

I wasn't able to catch this live, but I'm glad you liked my level! :)

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
I made a coin-collecting level where you can’t reach any of the coins. Enjoy!

XC6-DPJ-QWG

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

My fourth level and second level in 12 hours went Popular overnight. :psyduck: This time it was Dozy Dunes, which is a much harder course, so it didn't stick around up there long enough for me to catch it and it attracted enough boos that it was barely a net positive on my Maker score.

Seriously though. What's with all the attention all of a sudden? I'm not mad, just confused. Did I finally figure out how to promote myself or something?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Lobster posted:

My fourth level and second level in 12 hours went Popular overnight. :psyduck: This time it was Dozy Dunes, which is a much harder course, so it didn't stick around up there long enough for me to catch it and it attracted enough boos that it was barely a net positive on my Maker score.

Seriously though. What's with all the attention all of a sudden? I'm not mad, just confused. Did I finally figure out how to promote myself or something?

You seem to need at least 70-80 plays in the same week and some unknowable like ratio to get there. Apart from that :iiam:

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The Lobster posted:

Must be because I've played your levels on my stream, the most popular and also somehow only Mario Maker stream on twitch!

Though seriously, that's great to hear! Sucks about the boos but the fact you keep getting onto popular is cool. I wonder if you have quite a few people following you on Mario Maker?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

J-Spot posted:

You seem to need at least 70-80 plays in the same week and some unknowable like ratio to get there. Apart from that :iiam:

lol my stuff hasn't seen much more than 80 plays and has been up since launch week... feels bad man

Probably a lot of it is in being a prolific maker. If you have a lot of good levels you're casting a wider net for people who check profiles of makers they like.

Congrats to Lobster, leaving us behind to sit at the cool kids table.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol my stuff hasn't seen much more than 80 plays and has been up since launch week... feels bad man

Probably a lot of it is in being a prolific maker. If you have a lot of good levels you're casting a wider net for people who check profiles of makers they like.

Congrats to Lobster, leaving us behind to sit at the cool kids table.

While it’s true that it helps to have follows, anybody can get a course in the popular list if you hustle it enough. If you’re only sharing it here and otherwise letting the gods of endless decide you won’t get enough plays. The best thing to do is go to Reddit and play levels in the level exchange thread. Sort by new, play and like the levels that are posted and reply with a little feedback along with your level code. You can also do your own post in that thread every so often and offer to plays for plays. Do this enough and you’ll get enough reciprocal plays to get to popular. At that point you can pretty much expect a short burst of 100+ plays before it falls off unless you really manage to strike a chord with the people who play courses from that tab. For the most part popular players seem to hate actual Mario levels so unless you recreated Centipede or something it won’t last long.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 31, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

J-Spot posted:

For the most part popular players seem to hate actual Mario levels so unless you recreated Centipede or something it won’t last long.

Over time my earliest most Mario like course has tumbled down to a 10% like rate. People want ingenuity, good luck creating that on demand.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

J-Spot posted:

While it’s true that it helps to have follows, anybody can get a course in the popular list if you hustle it enough. If you’re only sharing it here and otherwise letting the gods of endless decide you won’t get enough plays. The best thing to do is go to Reddit and play levels in the level exchange thread. Sort by new, play and like the levels that are posted and reply with a little feedback along with your level code. You can also do your own post in that thread every so often and offer to plays for plays. Do this enough and you’ll get enough reciprocal plays to get to popular. At that point you can pretty much expect a short burst of 100+ plays before it falls off unless you really manage to strike a chord with the people who play courses from that tab. For the most part popular players seem to hate actual Mario levels so unless you recreated Centipede or something it won’t last long.

I've kind of avoided reddit lately, but I did start sniffing around again recently. I had hoped SA would keep up the initial buzz, but I think it's far more makers than players here, so relying on RAoM isn't going to result in a lot of plays. I tried to hit up all the goon streamers, but that's really more useful for feedback than attention. Not many people clamoring to play a puzzle level they just watched the solutions to.

I might try the exchange sometime this week.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Every day I get home from work and find another person has attempted my "mostly easy, only one hard jump" 20-second challenge. Currently at 0% completion with around 100 attempts.

My other 3 levels get played 2-3 times a day and liked about half the time, so whatever "maker score" means, my little murder baby is balancing the rest of them out single-handedly.

e: Hell, might as well post it again. The one "hard" jump is a cannonball where you realllly have to nail the timing of the jump into it. But it's still just "hold right and run" the whole way, no grabbing or turn-throwing or triple jumping or any of the other stuff I associate with "actual hard" 20s levels.

https://twitter.com/MattSolo734/status/1155339646508752901

Huxley fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 31, 2019

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

NofrikinfuN posted:

I had hoped SA would keep up the initial buzz, but I think it's far more makers than players here, so relying on RAoM isn't going to result in a lot of plays.

Yeah. RAoM is cool but I’d encourage folks who want to play goon levels to exhaust the stuff recently posted to the thread first to support those of us who are still actively creating. A lot of the levels you will get randomly are from people who have already checked out on us.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

At most you can have 64 levels uploaded so when taken against a pool of 1100+ it's not going to amount to many plays even with people devouring levels this way.

I wanted to keep up with all that's posted when it's posted but that quickly became impossible, though it's finally slowed down enough that I think I will be caught up within a week or so. The only thing that sucks is that going in order means that I know I'm missing out on levels that have been re-uploaded and changed. I know I could have just skipped and played what's recent but I know if I do that I'll never get back to some of the old ones and I would have missed some really good poo poo that way. Missing out on Violen's Thwomp level or the Ninja mole level would have been a crime.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I'm still trying to make crap, and have them be less crap.

Right now, I'm trying to make levels from other games, because the originality center of my brain is not working.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Jothan posted:

I made a coin-collecting level where you can’t reach any of the coins. Enjoy!

XC6-DPJ-QWG

This was super fun, I love puzzles like this.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Canned Panda posted:

I'm still trying to make crap, and have them be less crap.

Right now, I'm trying to make levels from other games, because the originality center of my brain is not working.

For me it's the part that controls followthrough. I have 3-4 solid ideas and even some of the details worked out but actually committing to anything feels impossible. It's really alarming how anxious designing courses makes me feel.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

J-Spot posted:

Yeah. RAoM is cool but I’d encourage folks who want to play goon levels to exhaust the stuff recently posted to the thread first to support those of us who are still actively creating. A lot of the levels you will get randomly are from people who have already checked out on us.

Most of the people who are "actively creating" don't bother to actually play anyone else's levels though so.... why bother? So many people in this thread never bother to play anyone's levels or comment on anything that isn't related to them. They just come in here to talk about their stuff and nothing else.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 31, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I dunno, I see J-Spot and a good handful of others doing both and I try to play levels time to time too. That seems like a lot of projecting man

E: The problem with Random Acts, for me as a thread goer, is that I figure people would rather I play their more recent creations then the old ones. I don't know who still posts in this thread so I don't care to leave feedback for someone that might have already stopped posting. It's why when I sit down to go through 5-6 stages I just grab them from whatever the most current page is.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 31, 2019

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm telling yall, if you want a near certainty of your stuff getting played instantly with feedback drop into the Nintengoons Mario Maker discord and drop your code.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I would have created a bunch more levels at this point if I basically didn't have hundreds of levels to play when I got home. I have barely touched endless, I have not touched multiplayer, I played to the credits in story only. I legitimately think people are not appreciating the sheer volume of what's been created, and what's still being created, and are getting burned out thinking only of the short term. But then I also played MM1 daily for like a year. I find myself getting bummed out that the thread has already slowed down and the entries onto the spreadsheet are becoming fewer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I dunno, I see J-Spot and a good handful of others doing both and I try to play levels time to time too. That seems like a lot of projecting man

Look I'm not gonna name names but its become really noticeable in some cases how often some people shill their stuff versus talking about... well, anything else. Its not necessarily prolific posters I'm talking about either. Its anyone who participates in the thread solely to try and get people to notice them.

I'm not even caring about feedback really at this point. It just feels like sometimes nobody even wants to talk about the game in this thread unless its about them specifically. Like they only show up to shill and then leave. I hate that in any creative space.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 31, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm going to spite play all your levels tonight. You better be careful I'm probably going to enjoy myself.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I've had a break from Mario Makering because of Youngblood coming out (which turned out to not be... great so I'm done with it) and Hero just released in Smash so I've been playin around with him for a bit.

I also haven't had a really solid level idea stick yet. I have a handful of unfinished ones saved that I'm unsure about

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Defenestrategy posted:

I'm telling yall, if you want a near certainty of your stuff getting played instantly with feedback drop into the Nintengoons Mario Maker discord and drop your code.

I have social anxiety in chat rooms which is kind of weird, but it keeps me from jumping into em'. :shobon:

Internet Kraken posted:

Look I'm not gonna name names but its become really noticeable in some cases how often some people shill their stuff versus talking about... well, anything else. Its not necessarily prolific posters I'm talking about either. Its anyone who participates in the thread solely to try and get people to notice them.

I'm not even caring about feedback really at this point. It just feels like sometimes nobody even wants to talk about the game in this thread unless its about them specifically. Like they only show up to shill and then leave. I hate that in any creative space.

I mean, it's a game focused on sharing levels. There's not a lot else to talk about other than sharing levels. It's not like there's a gripping plot or some super huge advancement in the mario canon or some set speedrun going on or anything. I'm really not sure what you want people to say a month or so in other than "i wish they had x feature" "I wish 3D World had more stuff" which has been talked to death about.

E: Honestly this mentality is somewhat toxic to the community. Pulling my own veil back I'm actually really anxious whenever I post levels here because I like the creator side of things- getting feedback and trying to make fun enjoyable encounters for people is my big personal draw. But at the same time I know I don't play as many levels as some others and it makes me feel super guilty, and when I post a level and get no responses in thread or anything I can't help but feel "should I even be bothering, maybe the threads mad at me because I haven't played enough."
This really just kind of enforces that negative mindset

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 31, 2019

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have social anxiety in chat rooms which is kind of weird, but it keeps me from jumping into em'. :shobon:

I mean, it's a game focused on sharing levels. There's not a lot else to talk about other than sharing levels. It's not like there's a gripping plot or some super huge advancement in the mario canon or some set speedrun going on or anything. I'm really not sure what you want people to say a month or so in other than "i wish they had x feature" "I wish 3D World had more stuff" which has been talked to death about.

E: Honestly this mentality is somewhat toxic to the community. Pulling my own veil back I'm actually really anxious whenever I post levels here because I like the creator side of things- getting feedback and trying to make fun enjoyable encounters for people. But at the same time I know I don't play as many levels as some others and it makes me feel super guilty, and when I post a level and get no responses in thread or anything I can't help but feel "should I even be bothering, maybe the threads mad at me because I haven't played enough."
This really just kind of enforces that negative mindset

I've been trying to figure out more ways of playing newer levels to get feedback, like maybe making one of my streams be of the last 20 new levels or so in order to highlight what's new. Because yeah, I see people posting new levels and I feel like I'm not getting to them at all in a timely manner and I feel pretty bummed about it. Something to think about for the future I suppose.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I mean, it's a game focused on sharing levels. There's not a lot else to talk about other than sharing levels.

Are you kidding me? There's tons to talk about. Talk about cool stages you played. Talk about your last endless challenge. Talk about ideas you have. Talk about mechanics. If you actually play the game frequently it shouldn't be hard to think of stuff to talk about other than just wanting people to play your levels.

Whether or not people are actually gonna engage with what you post is another topic because, again, a lot of people don't seem to care about doing anything other than posting their level. Call me ! TOXIC ! or whatever for saying it but I've seen this in plenty of creative spaces. People only want to talk about whatever they did, and everything stagnates because of it.

I wasn't gonna say anything but discouraging people from using Random Acts really strikes a sour note with me. Its basically saying that content only matters if it was created recently. Even though this game should be about enjoying all kinds of content from all kinds of people.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 31, 2019

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I try to play goon levels and give feedback when I get the chance, but there's a lot I don't get around to. I can't get online with my Switch when I'm at work (and work downtime is where I get in at least half of my Mario Maker time), plus I have a 5 month-old at home, so my gaming hours are pretty limited these days.

Like, Kraken's Mario Maker 1 levels were my favorite, and I've still only gotten around to playing maybe half of his Mario Maker 2 levels, so extrapolate my priorities from that. I promise I'm not just here to shill my stuff, but my time playing other people's levels is limited to when I have time for gaming, at all, when I have internet access, and when I'm not actively creating something, so there's really not that much of an opportunity.

dizzywhip
Dec 23, 2005

There's nothing wrong with just posting your levels if that's what you wanna do. Discouraging that is only gonna lead to fewer levels being posted and kill the thread even faster. If you're annoyed with someone for only posting about their own stuff, then just don't play their levels?

Also, even if someone isn't posting feedback in the thread, that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't contributing. I haven't been playing recently, but when I was I would actively play a bunch of goon levels and leave likes / comments. I don't think I'm very good at giving more detailed feedback though, so I rarely ever posted about anyone else's levels here.

Nobody's saying to stop using random acts of mario, just that playing more recent levels is a good way to keep up creator motivation. Getting an occasional play of an older level is nice, but getting single digit plays on newer levels is definitely what killed my desire to keep playing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

Are you kidding me? There's tons to talk about. Talk about cool stages you played. Talk about your last endless challenge. Talk about ideas you have. Talk about mechanics. If you actually play the game frequently it shouldn't be hard to think of stuff to talk about other than just wanting people to play your levels.

Whether or not people are actually gonna engage with what you post is another topic because, again, a lot of people don't seem to care about doing anything other than posting their level. Call me ! TOXIC ! or whatever for saying it but I've seen this in plenty of creative spaces. People only want to talk about whatever they did, and everything stagnates because of it.

I wasn't gonna say anything but discouraging people from using Random Acts really strikes a sour note with me. Its basically saying that content only matters if it was created recently. Even though this game should be about enjoying all kinds of content from all kinds of people.

I don't think anyone's trying to say don't use Random Acts, I have it bookmarked still despite saying I play more recent stuff more than anything because of feedback.

It's just as I grow as a creator and learn new tricks or ideas I become excited to see reactions or thoughts to what I came up with- my jam level for example has a goofy dumb premise behind it and a killer joke at the end of it (as in, it will literally try to kill you). I want people to see it because I think it's funny. I'm more interested in that feedback than if someone played one of my earlier levels that have been around for a month because while I think all my stages hold up- it's not "new".

Then there's stuff like the goon jams and blitz stuff. I submitted my stage so naturally I'd want to play everyone elses (assuming I'm not swallowed up by three houses). It's the New and Trendy thing.

Most of the endless stages people get were obviously made by people who don't have a firm grasp on level design or Literal Children or overplayed kaizo junk mixed in with 20 second speedruns, I have a high score of 100 something on easy and 70 on normal (still ongoing). Not much to say other than that.

Mechanics uh... the clawgrip is cool? It's my favorite addition. Bout all I can think to say on it.

Be the change you want to see, bring up a topic to talk about man. Don't just get aggressive that people post their levels and bounce when thats how you play the game if you're a creator.

(That said there is one AWESOME level I found the other day that I need to look up the code for. Meant to post it earlier but forgot)

dizzywhip posted:

Nobody's saying to stop using random acts of mario, just that playing more recent levels is a good way to keep up creator motivation. Getting an occasional play of an older level is nice, but getting single digit plays on newer levels is definitely what killed my desire to keep playing.

Basically this. Even if it's just ""haha your level made me smile" that's enough to keep me going or feel like it's time well spent. I've had a clear drop off where my first stages would get 700 plays and 100+ hearts, now I usually get like 20/50, but as long as I hear that my new stuff is good I feel motivated.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 31, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nice

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I'll admit to feeling a bit bummed that my level In Too Deep got very few plays and only one comment, because whether or not it ended up showing, that's the most time and effort I've ever put into a Mario Maker level. I think I was more excited when I thought up the little meta joke with the distress signal than I was about the surprise autoscroll in Whispering Bluffs.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Heres all my newest stages!

Pokey Pandemic
S73-94N-06G

This too uses the goombrat and Spiny combo to make a level using 'Pokies', originally a jam level on another server.

Submersion Swimming
B0H-T53-SXG

A pretty basic Swimming course, tried to make it appealing.

Coin Collector
039-JFT-MTG

A pretty easy coin collection course that makes use of the Big mushroom in SMB, I tried to make this course idiot proof but some people still die anyway.

Fiendish Fort
457-96W-6FF

Another basic course, tried to invoke the classic SMB castle stages here.

Pokey Patterns
4TY-CQL-CRG

A harder version of Pokey Pandemic, this time at night, so a gust a wind can screw you up.

Cheep Cheep Charcoal
GGC-N5H-KXF

A port of a Mario Maker 1 course I did, one of the rare times Cheep cheeps are used effectively outside a water course

Grass Pass
VG0-J70-CBG

A basic SMB3 stage filled with plants and vines.

Moving Magma
LBN-BYP-BPG

My attempt at creating a level using the night castle theme, I think it went pretty well.

Punishable Pipes
83P-7MS-RJF

A harder version of my 'Perishable Pipes' level, this time its night and everything is upside down.

Bowsers Blast
JF2-81J-DXG

Another old Wii U course ported, this time its a level inspired by the SMB3 bowser castle stage.

Teeters, Totters & Yoshi
GVK-8MH-QDG

A level that uses the seesaws and Yoshi together.

Wiggler Woods
C6V-FMB-FGG

A forest course that uses Wigglers, and springs to get around, this is the kind of course I wish I made in the first game.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

I really wish I had more time to just play everything here and give tons of feedback. But most of the time I've got access to Mario Maker, I haven't got internet access, so I'm mostly making, and the rare times when I have internet AND Mario, I don't have easy access to a computer. So I end up trying to go through as much as I can remember and leave feedback in-game. But a lot gets lost doing that. This thread moves so fast, and there's just so much quality stuff! It's tough to even keep up.

What we really need is a proper Mario Bookmark site already. At least then I'd be able to save cool levels as they come up.

That said, I feel kinda guilty about shilling another level, but here it is!

Mega Action Robot: M.A.R.I.O.
CN5-K4D-9MF

Mega Action Robot: M.A.R.I.O. GO! Deliver justice with your Mega Punch and Cap Cannon!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm sorry if my post came off this way. I'm not particularly worried about people here missing my latest levels as I'm hustling them elsewhere, but not everybody does that. I frequently load up the levels posted in the last couple of pages and I'm definitely seeing a lot of cool stuff levels that nobody else has bothered to check out. A lot of people have already moved on from this game and I don't want more people feeling discouraged and falling off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I play quite a few of the levels I see posted here, but I'm inexperienced enough that I don't really feel like my comments are useful. :(

Anyway,

Single-Player Verses
9W1-585-S5G

This would have gone along with last week's jam, so naturally I didn't think of it until this week. (Actually, I could probably shoehorn it in to this week's jam, given the reuse of space in the level.) I was thinking about the level-building advice about finding a theme and then iterating on it, and it occurred to me that you could tie that to song structures, and...

Given my experience in Endless, this feels a little easy for Expert and a little hard for Normal, but I'd love to hear feedback.

edit: As for ideas, right now I'm working over a level called Norville's Nightmare, full of bumpers and donut blocks and looping tracks, based entirely on the fact that I saw a level full of Bumpers and the thought "you know, for kids!" popped unbidden into my head.

edit edit: I have just learned that Jam 3 was "You know, for kids!" and I am just behind on everything. :negative:

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 31, 2019