Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vegetable posted:

Spurs inquired about him weeks ago

#Banterzone said "a better team"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It would be very weird for Dybala to leave Juve to join a team that won't play in the CL for at least two years, unless they're going to give him a gargantuan wage hike

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

It would be very weird for Dybala to leave Juve to join a team that won't play in the CL for at least two years, unless they're going to give him a gargantuan wage hike

I bet they give him a gargantuan wage hike

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

China.xlsx
MLS.txt

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
"it's fine," I tell myself as I take another shot, "lamela's better anyway; this'll be the year he finally proves it..."

Regarding Kean: rumor a week or two ago was that Juve we're adding a buyback clause to the deal after two years, which would make a lot more sense.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah that's basically what it boils down to. Dybala doesn't want to leave Juve by all accounts, but maybe Man U will dangle enough money to change his mind.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Other than a cracker of a debut goal for the Welsh team, Woodburn's career thus far has been a wet fart. Nevertheless he's still only 19 and has been loaned to Oxford United.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1156232998397911042

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

trem_two posted:

Yeah that's basically what it boils down to. Dybala doesn't want to leave Juve by all accounts, but maybe Man U will dangle enough money to change his mind.

never watched juve/dybala much, does he fit well into sarri's system?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

brasstassels posted:

"it's fine," I tell myself as I take another shot, "lamela's better anyway; this'll be the year he finally proves it..."

Regarding Kean: rumor a week or two ago was that Juve we're adding a buyback clause to the deal after two years, which would make a lot more sense.

All the reports today say there is no buyback clause for a given time/price, but Juve will have the option to match any other offers.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

never watched juve/dybala much, does he fit well into sarri's system?

I think he could be great as a false 9, basically play the same role Mertens took on at Napoli after Higuain left.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Diva Cupcake posted:

Other than a cracker of a debut goal for the Welsh team, Woodburn's career thus far has been a wet fart. Nevertheless he's still only 19 and has been loaned to Oxford United.

He had a growth spurt (most of it in his neck) and lost all his balance and quickness. Don't think Klopp's special formula agreed with him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

E: already covered, so

Apparently Dybala is open to a move even though he'd quite like to stay in Turin. Exciting days?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1156250807215546370?s=20

after what feels like months, Cutrone to Wolves is a done deal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I love him OP please do not be mean to him.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I think he’ll be embraced quickly. If his work rate is half what I’ve heard, the city will love him.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Kallstrom played more minutes than Suarez did lol.

Edit: Also Mustafi going away and Kosc leaving mean Arsenal really need a CB.

Emery is going to do some mega-Bielsa formation with one center half and six forwards and two banks of wingbacks

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i wish i was a wolves fan

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

i wish i was a wolves fan

You take this back

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

drat I thought wolves would stick with Jimenez since it seemed like they loved him but I guess someone at the club realized he's kind of poo poo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

You take this back

hang on, we're beating hibs, forget i said anything!!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

drat I thought wolves would stick with Jimenez since it seemed like they loved him but I guess someone at the club realized he's kind of poo poo

They are sticking with Jimenez.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Diva Cupcake posted:

They got battered by Rangers preseason and wanted to copy our ‘get a Liverpool youngster on loan’ formula.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://i.imgur.com/ibuifAG.gifv

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Strange that Woodburn has gone on loan again. He’s been the next big thing for a couple years now. I figured this year he’d make the jump to the first team, especially given Liverpool’s transfer activity.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

ozmunkeh posted:

Strange that Woodburn has gone on loan again. He’s been the next big thing for a couple years now. I figured this year he’d make the jump to the first team, especially given Liverpool’s transfer activity.

Wilson Kent and Brewster all passed him recently

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I guess that’s it yeah. Wilson has looked pretty tidy the few times I’ve seen him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tarbrush posted:

Wilson Kent and Brewster all passed him recently

Wilson started ahead of him as the young wonderkid who had to drop down for a few years and then build back up. Failed loan at Crewe not so long ago. Wales debut 6 years ago, only started impressing at Championship level over last 18 months.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/nickyfran75/status/1156501488593702913?s=20

We're buying Kristoffer Peterson from Heracles to be our Scott Sinclair for this promotion season.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sassassin posted:

Wilson started ahead of him as the young wonderkid who had to drop down for a few years and then build back up. Failed loan at Crewe not so long ago. Wales debut 6 years ago, only started impressing at Championship level over last 18 months.

Wasn't Wilson's international debut dodgy? I seem to remember him having a relative (grandfather maybe?) who had a bet on him playing for Wales and who just so happened to be a friend of Coleman, or am I thinking of someone else?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mickolution posted:

Wasn't Wilson's international debut dodgy? I seem to remember him having a relative (grandfather maybe?) who had a bet on him playing for Wales and who just so happened to be a friend of Coleman, or am I thinking of someone else?

Maybe, but he was definitely good enough for Wales at the time.

My main concern with him is that he literally only scores 30 yarders, and I don't think the Andros Townsend Experience will be particularly great for Liverpool

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mickolution posted:

His granddad had a bet on but I don't know if there was anything sinister there. We've been capping promising young players very early to lock them down for ages. David Cotterrill nearly 15 years ago was record youngest player for a few days before we brought in another even younger player.

It's probably only in the last couple of years we've had enough young players brought up through the Wales development ranks who want to play for the country, rather than it being a second choice/backup option we trick them into committing to as teenagers. Dan James is a Hull lad (dad was Welsh) but absolutely committed to Wales through age groups so didn't make his senior debut until he was 20. There was no panic like there had been before (he was also nothing special, Brooks was a different class in the few u21s appearances they made together).

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/acffiorentina/status/1156532095583432705

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gazetta dello Sport reporting that...

- Lukaku has agreed personal terms with Juve.
- Dybala has been told he has no role in the team going forward, and he is finishing his deal with Manchester United.
- It's not a swap deal: both teams are buying the player, and both deals are separate).

Everything expected to be finalized tomorrow.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Hm another logjam in attack with Smalling and Jones in defense, and an unbalanced midfield. Nailed iiiiit

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
we're probably signing Edu's 15 year old kid

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Bea Nanner posted:

we're probably signing Edu's 15 year old kid

That's a reasonably good sign, Edu probably planning on sticking around.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

TheBigAristotle posted:

Hm another logjam in attack with Smalling and Jones in defense, and an unbalanced midfield. Nailed iiiiit

I don't really know a lot about Dybala but I thought he was one of those wide forward playmaker fancy dans with great technique, which would make him a lot more suitable to how United look like they're going to play than Lukaku is. I don't think it'll happen though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The transfer window shuts in a week and Newcastle have signed 1 senior player lol

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sassassin posted:

His granddad had a bet on but I don't know if there was anything sinister there.

Yeah, I remember there being suggestions that it was possibly dodgy due to his granddad knowing the manager. Don't think it went beyond speculation, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jose posted:

The transfer window shuts in a week and Newcastle have signed 1 senior player lol

there was a tweet other day about how we've lost diame, rondon, perez, kenedy, and joselu who combined for about 140 appearances last year, and so far we've replaced them with 1 player

we're properly hosed