Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

I tried to stream "Griffin Canning" yesterday and it destroyed my ratios already. Do your worst, Flaherty.

Yup, I had Giolito get rocked yesterday, and Luis Castillo is getting pounded today. Go for the gusto, Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Romo to the Twins. He doesn't close, right?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Trading for both Lindor and Ramirez last month is looking prettttty prettty pretty good right now.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I really spent two seasons wanting Khris Davis but misjudging where he’d go in drafts and I finally reached for him this year lmao

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 28, 2019

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Will Smith.

No, the other one.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

the_american_dream posted:

I really spent two seasons wanting Khris Davis but misjudging where he’d go in drafts and I finally reached for him this year lmao

Same. 3rd round. Now that I think about it, 3 of my first 4 picks (him, Judge, Carrasco) have been mostly useless this year. Probably why I'm in 10th place.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Monday_ posted:

Same. 3rd round. Now that I think about it, 3 of my first 4 picks (him, Judge, Carrasco) have been mostly useless this year. Probably why I'm in 10th place.

I am somehow miraculously in 3rd place in the goon keeper league despite drafting Judge with my 1st pick and making some awful awful trades (traded Alonso for Clevinger and traded Bellinger for Goldy at the start of the season).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Blake Snell has now been cut not once but twice in my league and I just wasted my #1 waiver wire on Justin Turner because I thought no one better would be cut this year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh wait he destroyed his elbow, that's why

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Oh wait he destroyed his elbow, that's why

Yeah I would be pretty surprised if he pitches again this season.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Bo Bichette up. No idea if I want to grab him or no

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I grabbed him as a flyer.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Bo Bichette up. No idea if I want to grab him or no

you absolutely want bichette.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Have Tatis, Escobar, and Bregman and steals aren’t that valuable. I absolutely may not

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
That ought to get you that closer role back Greg

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
picked up d'arnaud when contreras went down but now i can't drop him because he's fuckin raking and he's taking up my streaming spot :argh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Benched Marquez today :negative:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Rand alPaul posted:

Benched Marquez today :negative:

Vs. The Dodgers in a day game at Coors, after last week's fiasco, how could you not?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cowards benching pitchers itc smh

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Vs. The Dodgers in a day game at Coors, after last week's fiasco, how could you not?

Yeah I was kind of hoping he'd be traded at the deadline to a team that doesn't play 80+ games at a launch pad.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Doltos posted:

Cowards benching pitchers itc smh

Jack. loving. Flaherty.

who are you?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah I was kind of hoping he'd be traded at the deadline to a team that doesn't play 80+ games at a launch pad.

No pitcher starts 80 games a season anymore

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Simpsons Reference posted:

Ol Hoss somewhere is crying.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Have Tatis, Escobar, and Bregman and steals aren’t that valuable. I absolutely may not

...so? there's absolutely no reason to avoid someone because you have a glut of good guys at that position. in fact, it's all the more reason to pick him up. now you have multiple trade chips you can use to fill out your team.

you are trying to accumulate value and good players, position be damned. you can sell, and hopefully exploit, that value to fill your needs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Simpsons Reference posted:

Scherzer tries to but theres a team of handlers that tranq him when he tries to fight to the mound

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Danny Salazar

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He's existed to disappoint these last few years

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

abelwingnut posted:

...so? there's absolutely no reason to avoid someone because you have a glut of good guys at that position. in fact, it's all the more reason to pick him up. now you have multiple trade chips you can use to fill out your team.

you are trying to accumulate value and good players, position be damned. you can sell, and hopefully exploit, that value to fill your needs.

What do you play in a 40 man roster spot league or something I’m not carrying 4 shortstops to fill one spot but good luck to your client

Oberg is closing for the Rockies if anyone needs saves or disastrous walk off bombs

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Someone dropped Ken Giles for some reason. I put in a claim to drop Anthony Bass for him. So it'll be about 3am when the Bass drops

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
David Dahl was carted off after injuring his leg in the outfield. He appeared to be in tears.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coronaball posted:

David Dahl was carted off after injuring his leg in the outfield. He appeared to be in tears.

:shepicide: I hope he is okay. That dude cannot stay off the IL. I’d love to see a full season out of him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Owning David Dahl makes me thankful that I also have like 5 other OFs that I couldn't find spots for

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Schweinhund posted:

Danny Salazar

RIP in pieces Salad Czar.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
David Dahl with a high ankle sprain. Two things:

1. I know how much those hurt and I was out for 8 weeks with one BUT
2. the way Dahl reacted to it and his history of DL stints makes me think hes a big ol wussy

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Anyone drop Voit? I did in roto because my DL is full and I can't waste a roster spot for weeks. Still holding in h2h, but I'm afraid the abdominal injury would sap his power even if he doesn't have the surgery.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Pussy Boss posted:

Anyone drop Voit? I did in roto because my DL is full and I can't waste a roster spot for weeks. Still holding in h2h, but I'm afraid the abdominal injury would sap his power even if he doesn't have the surgery.

I haven’t yet since I have a DL spot open but as soon as I need it he’ll be gone.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

I did because my DL is full and Votto has been slightly less anemic lately. He hasn’t been very good second half anyway.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Someone dropped Marquez in my league, a pitcher I really wanted at the draft, and I should be fine as long as I start him on the road, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My IL is currently

Jose Alvarado
Luke Voit
David Dahl
Mitch Haniger

I don't predict any of them really helping me for the rest of this season but I don't need the IL or bench spot so I'm just seeing how it plays out.