Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the RBN monkey paw is neverending

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/1156202884503093248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not sure who asked for any of those songs/artists?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Is Alexandria the one choosing the songs because I'd be Asking Alexandria for some better goddamned music to play!!!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Blink 182... but I don't know that song.

What we still need is Primus and Rammstein. Ding dang Harmonix.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I like that blink song but Travis Barker drums are just mostly my brain exploding and my arms getting angry. And my kit disintegrating with no means to replace it.

Too bad Mutt and Dysentery Gary will never get into RB.

Also I can start playing RB again soon after a move I'm very excited.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

I like Blink 182... but I don't know that song.

What we still need is Primus and Rammstein. Ding dang Harmonix.

That's Ministry and I think it's in?

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

curious posted:

In other peripheral news for the PS3/4, I recently saw these had hit the market from the same guy -
  • a new homebrewn MPA with no roll limit that can accept both DIN and USB MIDI e-Kits, and
  • a guitar adapter that allows the use of wired X360 (and wireless X360 + Wii guitars, if you have the appropriate dongles)
A cool feature on both is that you can connect them via Bluetooth to your PC, and get real-time logging / display of what notes you're hitting to e.g. overlay on a stream. The drum version also lets you reconfigure some parameters (sensitivity, etc) on the fly using a DualShock. Very cool.

Video of them being used on previous roll-limit barred songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJz3qm9TXGU

I have an e-kit and the official Playstation MIDI adapter and haven't had any issues that I know of. I can't make my drum brain swap the yellow and blue for open high hat which is a bummer so I may upgrade the Roland brain down the road. What does that roll-limitless adapter do that the official one doesn't? I'm not aware of a roll issue that I have run into. I'm just curious.

curious
Mar 14, 2007

"Hey, I got one of my paperwork guys complaining about DEMON PILES."

Pitre posted:

I have an e-kit and the official Playstation MIDI adapter and haven't had any issues that I know of. I can't make my drum brain swap the yellow and blue for open high hat which is a bummer so I may upgrade the Roland brain down the road.

Yamaha DTX player? This might sound like a stupid question, but have you considered just plugging the lines for those hats into the opposite sockets on your brain / the opposite sockets on your hats (depending on whether your lines are permanently connected on the brain side like the Roland TD-1 is). You could also, if all else failed, just move the hats on your rack or build a midi remapper for less than the price of upgrading your brain if this was the only reason to do it.

quote:

What does that roll-limitless adapter do that the official one doesn't? I'm not aware of a roll issue that I have run into. I'm just curious.

Some users can play faster than the polling interval on the classic adapter, which shows up as dropped hits during high speed rolls. I don’t play fast enough for it to be an issue for me, but I think I have been able to get it to happen in practice mode. Apart from that, the main selling point is that it accepts both USB and DIN MIDI connections.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

It's a home made kit on a Gibraltar rack using Pintech mesh pads and dual zone cymbals with a Roland TD-6V brain. The TD-6 works fine except I would like to use the hi-hat pedal to swap the yellow and blue when in the open position since that is how RB charts the songs. My friend has a TD-9 brain and it supports that feature. The MIDI out on the TD-6 for hi-hat is just the one output regardless of hi-hat pedal position.

Not a deal breaker or anything since I don't care about trying to get 100% on the songs. I just have more fun blasting my DA200S drum monitor playing along with the game which I have running through a big rear end home stereo setup. I should probably buy some earplugs...

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

It kinda hurts to see that Sleater-Kinney song without harmonies.

Ah, well. I didn't need no new DLC anyway.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/1168886453025288193?s=19

Pretty, pretty good!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That does not look very fun to play... especially since I know my drums are poo poo and never pick up those hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD7avyRDfnM

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

there's only a few songs with trap beats and that's thankfully one of the easier ones

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Gift for the vocalists, maybe? Eeh. It's okay for other people to like things I don't.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Cincinnati's Labor Day fireworks featured Old Town Road; we were watching on TV, and the camera panned across the crowds at the riverbank and every kid was singing along in absolute joy.

Afterwards, C-- said, "So, hey, what was that one song the kids were singing?"

I guess she'll find out all about it soon enough.

And hey, Normals -- sorry the two of us haven't been that active recently. We're still around, just finding it difficult to find time to play. Should be better in the next season.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but what of Smash Moth. :colbert:
We came so close to Bloodstone.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Did something happen to Xbox crew? Or I get dropped?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

King Burgundy posted:

Did something happen to Xbox crew? Or I get dropped?

You’re in. Reload the app?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Buster Voodoo? Hell yeah. Screw arthritis, imma break out the geetar!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

atholbrose posted:

And hey, Normals -- sorry the two of us haven't been that active recently. We're still around, just finding it difficult to find time to play. Should be better in the next season.

ditto

between being slammed at work and buying a psvr my.... drum time has been limited as of late

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Beelzebozo posted:

You’re in. Reload the app?

Oh weird. Yeah, working on a reload.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

So there's no reward for this season, I guess? Vocalists, forever the red-headed stepchild in RB4.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remember the wise words of Monsieur Jacques Noire; "I do not need a microphone to blow your mind."

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

New patch!
https://t.co/yGoCMVBJNM

The game won't crash as much maybe!

Prevented certain kinds of crashes during online gameplay
We’ve improved behavior for everyone overall, but do note that sufficiently poor connections can still experience issues. When this occurs, the player will return to the main menu rather than crashing the game
The crash caused by playing several consecutive hours online on a base-model console should no longer occur
The game has an all-around boost in performance, from better behavior noted above to a snappier response time in menus throughout. Rock Band 4 handles a lot of content at once, and we’ve made some changes to help it best handle growing song lists. This performance bump can be seen on all models of consoles, so whether you’re on the standard variants or a Pro/X, you should have a better time.

Four free songs this week too:
Duck & Cover - "Two Shots"
Newfane - "Don't Let Her Go"
ORION - "Time For Crime"
Shocked Laura - "Fall Apart"

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Wow! Another five finger death punch cover that has no reason to exist. Thanks!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Hey, it was originally too difficult to shotgun a beer to Bad Company man.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Ice To Meet You posted:

Wow! Another five finger death punch cover that has no reason to exist. Thanks!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I can still squeeze enjoyment out of stuff like Skillet - Monster and Flyleaf - So Sick (big dumb drums are fun :saddowns: ), but 5FDP are just too dumb to live (or at least listen to).

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Five Finger Death Punch is Nickelback for people who think Fireball is good whiskey.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Dudes who are in the Goons Playing Tunes Xbox crew (who aren't Zedd), if anyone can lay on some XP today or tomorrow, that'd help. We're right on the bubble for Bloodstone. I know some of you were having trouble with the rivals phone app and can't see crew chat. Just thought I'd ping here in case anybody can help.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Smash Moth still mostly goons? Idk what happened with some names leaving then rejoining, and our crew chat is quiet. I'll still be happy with Diamond, but I wanna see that Bloodstone goodness/monstrosity.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Is Smash Moth still mostly goons? Idk what happened with some names leaving then rejoining, and our crew chat is quiet. I'll still be happy with Diamond, but I wanna see that Bloodstone goodness/monstrosity.

It wasn't mostly goons in the first place, but it probably is now. They were mostly people who joined my crew a long time ago. I posted about it in this thread because somebody was posting about having a crew full of people who didn't contribute much anymore, and since I had the same issue, I kicked a few people from the crew who weren't playing Rock Band anymore. Then, a few weeks after, people in my crew who had been contributing before my post in this thread started to drop off too, and after giving them a month or so to see whether it was the occasional missed week or not, I kicked the people who seemed to just not be playing Rock Band anymore. One guy ended up rejoining after that, but we still got 5 open slots in the roster if anybody's interested.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, word? I was unaware. All I knew was that there were goons therein.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If there are any Normals out there, we have a pretty good shoot at getting bloodstone this week if enough people play. Or if there's anyone on PS4 looking for a crew, we have space too.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm not sure if any of my plastic guitars are reliable enough anymore, so my RB career might just be on indefinite hold. :(

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ice To Meet You posted:

If there are any Normals out there, we have a pretty good shoot at getting bloodstone this week if enough people play. Or if there's anyone on PS4 looking for a crew, we have space too.

Sorry that I haven't been playing in a while, life gets in the way. I'll try and jam out a few this weekend.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Ice To Meet You posted:

C-- and I are planning to get on and get some songs in, since she's feeling a bit better. She even wants to try out some Brutal.

Though the rewards don't include anything for singers, sigh.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If I end up having time this weekend and I'm somehow still in normals I'll try and jump on but I wouldn't be surprised if I got booted for inactivity

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Thanks all. Also the app hasn't let me log in for months now so I don't know about anything on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

atholbrose posted:

Though the rewards don't include anything for singers, sigh.

https://twitter.com/rockband/status/1194050116870651907?s=21