Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

banned from Starbucks posted:

While you have 34 points left for the rest of your squad.

Like a TIE Defender!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, according to people at Gencon, Wave VI includes for the resistance a ship that looks like an snowspeeder hosed an x-wing

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, according to people at Gencon, Wave VI includes for the resistance a ship that looks like an snowspeeder hosed an x-wing

Any photos?

I'd guess it's one of the one from the Resistance cartoon episode with the race.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

This thing.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 31, 2019

chanza
Apr 25, 2010
I'm gonna get a few games in on Saturday so I'll let you guys know how Dash turns out. Sounds like it'll be fun to fly at least!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

This thing.

Jesus what a turd. It's like K-Wing levels of "let's just kit bash some poo poo together whatever who cares"

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
It's like the fighter from Babylon 5 had a baby with the Cloakshape and it's actually great, hth

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The K-Wing and Auzituck exist, so by extension that ship isn't so bad.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
It's so ugly and I want to fly six of them at once.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

This thing.

It's like poetry.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bunnyofdoom posted:

This thing.

Could be worse?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
At least they are both Incom ships, so its possible the backstory is this is some craxy knockoff incom put together with spare parts.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That is absolutely a Star War. Any hint as to era?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

This thing.

Where are you taking this...thing?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

oh wow that/s fugly. But I'd;ve gone with a cross between an x wing and a u wing.

E: but it's the kind of fugly that looks more or less right for Incom type ships for me, as opposed to the K Wing which is just garbage.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Ffs I mostly chose to main Resistance based on the flying race cars from the cartoon. Where tf are they ffg? :ffg:

E: looks like someone just kitbashed a u-wing chassis with other crap. It's a never before seen ship and if it's from the new movie, doesn't ffg usually have to wait until a trailer has revealed it first. Hope it's a hoax.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 31, 2019

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Madurai posted:

That is absolutely a Star War. Any hint as to era?

Supposedly a resistance ship
Did it show up in the resistance cartoon?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

bunnyofdoom posted:

Supposedly a resistance ship
Did it show up in the resistance cartoon?

I don't recognize it, and it's not one of the racers or anything someone prominent flies. Maybe in the background somewhere but it just looks like a home made kitbash.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Cool that dumb ship isn't in wave Vi

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Resistance cartoon ship confirmed (the green spindly arc looking fighter) and First Order get a I6 interceptor ace.

No sign of dumb cross-speeder.

Also 3 card packs announced - pilots, upgrades and obstacles/scenarios.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

bunnyofdoom posted:

This thing.

This owns

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

alg posted:

This owns

Agreed. I don't get the hate for it. No one complains that most tie fighters share similar design aesthetics but I've seen lots of people complain it looks like a kitbash. I think it looks like a believable continuation of the rebel/resistance design aesthetic and would look dope on the table.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That FO interceptor is gonna own. Hopefully hes cheap enough to roll with Kylo and an SF

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Quickdraw, Null and Major whatever 6,6,7

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
Better pictures of the two ships:

Supposedly the Fireball has an ability called "Explosion With Wings" which lets it "discard weapons disabled tokens for a cost", and Vonreg's TIE was described as an "Incredibly nimble ship, incredibly punishing to ships in its bullseye arc"

Derlix fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 1, 2019

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Dear lord that interceptor is hot. I’m getting urges to actually play FO now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Vonreg's is the first FO design i've thought looked really good tbh.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

With the TIE Silencer, Vonregs and the eventually-to-be-announced TIE Dagger it looks like First Order is going to be the faction to choose if I want to play with pointy boys.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So the Fireball has a slam right?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Or R2 droid. (but probably a slam, yes)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/echoes-of-war/
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/aces-in-the-hole/

So, we have confirmation of basically all the pilots from the pilot pack, plus confirmation of W7:

Vonreg's TIE, Fireball, and reprints of Squint, A Wing, Defender, Saw's Renegades, and Reaper, plus a Hound's Tooth/Z double pack with a new Bossk pilot at the very least.

New Mag Pulse Warheads, Coaxium Fuel (SLAM in exchange for a crit or exposing a card, including when blocked which is super good) among other stuff. Cluster mines, some new obstacles, and some new obstacle delployment styles some of which include devices as obstacles. Lots to be interested in.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/echoes-of-war/
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/aces-in-the-hole/

So, we have confirmation of basically all the pilots from the pilot pack, plus confirmation of W7:

Vonreg's TIE, Fireball, and reprints of Squint, A Wing, Defender, Saw's Renegades, and Reaper, plus a Hound's Tooth/Z double pack with a new Bossk pilot at the very least.

New Mag Pulse Warheads, Coaxium Fuel (SLAM in exchange for a crit or exposing a card, including when blocked which is super good) among other stuff. Cluster mines, some new obstacles, and some new obstacle delployment styles some of which include devices as obstacles. Lots to be interested in.

i noticed that the card packs include s-foils for b-wings (Check the quick build)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Great googly moogly. I wonder if that means there's more than just pilot cards in there...

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
Coaxium Hyperfuel being an unrestricted illicit upgrade means some VERY interesting things for scum

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Derlix posted:

Coaxium Hyperfuel being an unrestricted illicit upgrade means some VERY interesting things for scum

Yeah, it really does, there's some fun poo poo to thnk through there. Don't think they have a way to dump the Disarm though.

Super amusing thought is using it to nope out after a mis-timed red move, now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Props to FFG for finally adding K-2S0 to Wang as a U-Wing pilot.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, it really does, there's some fun poo poo to thnk through there. Don't think they have a way to dump the Disarm though.

Super amusing thought is using it to nope out after a mis-timed red move, now.

I can't read the cards on mobile well enough, but if you took a red move you normally couldn't SLAM. Would it get around having the stress token?

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

The Gate posted:

I can't read the cards on mobile well enough, but if you took a red move you normally couldn't SLAM. Would it get around having the stress token?

Yep. First line: "You can perform the SLAM action even while stressed." (then you have to take a crit or flip a damage card, though.)

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Totally worth it in the right circumstances, hell. Take a crit instead of taking multiple R1 shots with no tokens? Ok! Definitely seems like a strong option, assuming the points work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Mag-Pulse Warhead says the defender gains 1 Deplete. This is a new thing we don't know anything about yet right?