Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

It also helps that Edelgard was the first house leader revealed, and the intro does focus on her a bit more than the other two.

She literally narrated the first trailer, she's routinely the first one shown among the three, last year's e3 even primarily used her class as exampel of the school systems, the theme song is probably meant to be from her (at the very least, the single's cover art focuses on her specifically) and of course she's so special her route is actually TWO routes!

They definitely prop her up as the "main" house

also she's an axe lord and axe lords are very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

dmboogie posted:

doesn't dorothea literally become the queen of brigid if she ends up with petra

Oh, OK now I don't feel guilty about picking Edelgard over her. I'll pick her next time :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

rannum posted:

*byleth stands alone in every scene because his entire class is dead*

People should practice the advanced strategy of recruiting people and then sending them off on kamikaze attacks to get killed. Maybe later in the people start to realize that when Byleth tries to recruit you you should say no.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I got Hilda up to B rank support as Black Eagles and it's February and I STILL can't give her the lost items.

Maybe it's female Byleth only or something? I just can't work it out

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The second part of the game wouldn't be nearly as powerful as it is without the school part. Yikes.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Dorothea is def the most gay...or I guess bi of the main cast, not sure if the cast members with implied gay endings also have straight ones.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Taear posted:

I got Hilda up to B rank support as Black Eagles and it's February and I STILL can't give her the lost items.

Maybe it's female Byleth only or something? I just can't work it out

It's literally the last day available before the skip where you get her I have heard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chocolate Bunny posted:

There aren't any explicitly gay endings that aren't for the main character but some of them definitely could be interpreted that way if you choose
Dorothea and Manuelas paired ending explicitly says they were in love, and All of Dimitris endings mention his wife and kids, except for his ending with Dedue.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
gently caress I could have gotten Dimitri an ending with his best dude? I missed that opportunity. But it seems like the game just picked them for me I didn't get a prompt to pick who ended up with who so it just seemed kind of random, or based on some support value I can't see.

Also why can Dorothea get with Manuela but I can't.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

Eh, even on Hard, the master abilities usually aren't anything too special until advanced classes. There's are a handful of intermediate classes with good ones, though (like Mage).

Regarding this whole topic, can't you also always change back to an earlier class if you really wanted to go back and master it? Like, either you're playing on Hard and are limited in your battles/xp (in which case you'd want to optimize your time in stronger classes and get the better abilities sooner) or you aren't limited and can always go back and master a class later.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chocolate Bunny posted:

^^^^^^^^^ This

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Dorothea can turn any straight girl gay

except ingrid, her hetero energy is too powerful

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Lysithea likes Lily, but not Lily of the Valley.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Leal posted:

^^^^^^^^^ This

So glad I dodged the "cant date manuella" bullet by deciding to play as a male character for the first time in any video game in maybe ten years

but now I gotta decide on my Black Eagle route, one of which leaves her behind :negative:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding this whole topic, can't you also always change back to an earlier class if you really wanted to go back and master it? Like, either you're playing on Hard and are limited in your battles/xp (in which case you'd want to optimize your time in stronger classes and get the better abilities sooner) or you aren't limited and can always go back and master a class later.

Honestly I wish there was a tutoring session where you can just work on class exp without earning actual exp

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
All right I'm finished up Blue Lions Chapter 17 just now and can someone clarify for me what exactly Claude was trying to pull by NOT just teaming up with us to kill Edelgard? I had to murder all the Yellow Deer except for like him and Hilda and that felt bad! :mad:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's in fact extremely cool that some characters can have relationships with characters that Byleth can't. There should be more of them like that imo.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Fair, but she actively flirts with and shows interest in Byleth regardless of gender so it's a little disappointing that she's not one of the wlw options.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

wait i'm pretty sure F!Byleth can get with Dorothea

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

wait i'm pretty sure F!Byleth can get with Dorothea

Can get with Dorothea, cannot get with Manuella

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
She can with Dorothea, I was talking about how Manuela isn't an option for f!Byleth despite showing interest.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Wow, I just got Sylvain/Bernadetta's B-support and that one just kind of ends, huh.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

oh yeah that's real dumb

but also maybe Manuela/Dorothea is secretly an All About Eve situation

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So glad I dodged the "cant date manuella" bullet by deciding to play as a male character for the first time in any video game in maybe ten years

but now I gotta decide on my Black Eagle route, one of which leaves her behind :negative:

Manuella is available on both Black Eagle routes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Im kind of mega regretting making Marianne my dancer because she's level 21 with 25 mag, 21 speed, and 17 dex, this girl is such a loving killing machine but she's stuck on healbot duty

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Just have your dancer murder people

Thats what I do with Felix

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Same but with Dorothea, she's good at being a dancer but she's even better at being a killing machine so I ended up not using dancer.

Clearly I need to make a trash unit the dancer so they won't be needed to do anything else.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Fair, but she actively flirts with and shows interest in Byleth regardless of gender so it's a little disappointing that she's not one of the wlw options.

Yeah, it'd be more interesting if Byleth couldn't date her regardless of gender. But the game still has some sorta dating sim elements from Fates and Awakening tacked on so Byleth can date any character of the opposite sex (except Alois and Gilbert) and it's a bit lame.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The fact that part of me wants to romance Manuela is a testament to the good writing of this game that would normally have me just casually discard her. There’s just something about her I really like and I don’t know what it is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's because she's well written and charming.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

and also because every professor gets to have an actual fleshed-out support list instead of all the cool older characters being relegated as robin/corrin only

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah, it'd be more interesting if Byleth couldn't date her regardless of gender. But the game still has some sorta dating sim elements from Fates and Awakening tacked on so Byleth can date any character of the opposite sex (except Alois and Gilbert) and it's a bit lame.

Dating a character has been in basically every fire emblem game that has had support conversations aka every single game that's come out in english, seems weird to complain about it here

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I haven’t felt this invested in a game for sometime. If I wasn’t so set on romancing Claude, I’d definitely be up for romancing Dorothea and Mercedes. Especially Dorothea. Man, a lot of great students are in Black Eagles. Dorothea, Petra, Bernadetta.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's because she's well written and charming.

and is also wearing a dress that may or may not actually be possible in the real world

edit: though it is a testament to the writing that i no longer go "lady put your tits away you are a teacher" like i did the first time she showed up.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

They are all my broken and damaged children and I love each and every one of them and I will keep them all safe.

(It amuses to me no end how the house from the Empire is the most bad news bears of the bunch.)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

everything about the game after the time skip is nuts

I think it's cute that after 5 years you can learn from your kids in what you chose to make them good at :unsmith:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Same but with Dorothea, she's good at being a dancer but she's even better at being a killing machine so I ended up not using dancer.

Clearly I need to make a trash unit the dancer so they won't be needed to do anything else.

That would mean I would need to make caspar the dancer and i would rather not

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

The fact that part of me wants to romance Manuela is a testament to the good writing of this game that would normally have me just casually discard her. There’s just something about her I really like and I don’t know what it is.

It's the voice acting, it's a really good performance

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Recruiting everyone I can because then no one I like has to die!

I felt bad when I had to kill some of the students in the plot. I tried to avoid killing them if I could but I couldn't always and it felt awful. Poor Bernie.

Hell even Ferdinand, I didn't particularly care for him but I didn't want to have to kill him. Then after that chapter Dorothea's down because we killed Ferdie. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

rannum posted:

It's the voice acting, it's a really good performance

she reminded me a lot of Misato from Eva because i've been watching that show and the vibes are similar

it also helped when Caspar was literally Kensuke from the new dub