Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
I laughed when Hanneman complained about how Manuela dropped a sandwich on the floor and picked it up and ate it because '3 second rule'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Raphael has the best supports. Just got his C with Flayn and, oh boy, her war screams.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Jesus gently caress how is the Thyrsus even legal :stare:

Yeah that helped me turn lysenthia from good but niche due to her fragility to completely busted

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Got both Raphael and Caspar on my team now and supporting people and these boys have 1 braincell shared between the two of them. I love them.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Raphael's brain cell is sweet boy. Baby boy.

Caspar's brain cell is just HRGGGGH

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Ok so I know Pale-blue Flower seeds can give you SPD booster item, but it doesn't always drop (even when I plant 3 pale blues together), the gardening tutorial says that you should find which seeds are complimentary for the highest quality harvest. Anyone happen to know what I should be planting alongside Pale-Blue in order to get better items?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

People said this game was pretty easy and I was having a pretty fine time through things, but wow the level 20 powerspike is crazy. I complained about my Petra's stat gains two days ago and now she's an assassin running around the map doing kickflips killing everybody. Lysithea is one-shotting the demonic beasts, Edelgard hasn't taken damage in the last eight hours, Dorothea is dropping meteors halfway across the map

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Mr. Pool posted:

Ok so I know Pale-blue Flower seeds can give you SPD booster item, but it doesn't always drop (even when I plant 3 pale blues together), the gardening tutorial says that you should find which seeds are complimentary for the highest quality harvest. Anyone happen to know what I should be planting alongside Pale-Blue in order to get better items?

I just plant all of the [color] flower seeds I get without any real focus on making them all the same color, prune the harvest or better, and I usually end up with some sort of booster-up.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

People said this game was pretty easy and I was having a pretty fine time through things, but wow the level 20 powerspike is crazy. I complained about my Petra's stat gains two days ago and now she's an assassin running around the map doing kickflips killing everybody. Lysithea is one-shotting the demonic beasts, Edelgard hasn't taken damage in the last eight hours, Dorothea is dropping meteors halfway across the map

Some of the animations are so ridiculous, I love it. Claude just dodged a sword swing by doing a cartwheel. Also he shot them in the face with an arrow while doing said cartwheel lmao

Then I Classed him over the a "Lord" and now he has a whole new set of incredibly condescending sword animations. so gud.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

Just have your dancer murder people

Thats what I do with Felix

Yeah I'm not too hype in having a dancer. Sure they can make another character go twice in one turn, ideally to double their killing potential. But why do that when I can just.. have the person who is a dancer also kill?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Leal posted:

Yeah I'm not too hype in having a dancer. Sure they can make another character go twice in one turn, ideally to double their killing potential. But why do that when I can just.. have the person who is a dancer also kill?

Do you have a second character that can cast meteor from 10 spaces away

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it's why traditionally dancers have had poor combat capabilities in this series

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Ignatz is a such a precious little art boy, I will never endanger him with battle. However he has the absolute best critical hit line, when he growls out "LET ME PAINT YOU A PICTURE" and then cuts a dude in half with a sword.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Leal posted:

Look El wasn't going to get support points with Byleth with her and him killing everything in one round.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Leal posted:

dancers enable you to do things like:
-have a character go deep into enemy territory in a single turn
-have a flyer pick off one unit over a wall, canto back, and then pick off another
-have your character who matches up well against the enemies in question kill two of them
-heal twice with your physic person
-help a squishy character run in, get a kill, and retreat
-have a character who fell behind catch up to the front lines
-enable otherwise unique (or close to unique) effects like meteor to be used twice in the same turn
-give your best character the ability to go twice whenever the enemies are strong enough that only your best character will do
-let your tank aggro two monsters by gambiting both of them

And they can still get kills themselves when none of those apply because dancer has good stats in this game. It's a very very flexible class.

e: and if you have fewer than 10 great characters you can just make your worst one a dancer and boom suddenly your worst character is as good as the rest

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 31, 2019

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
what house should I pick?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Odd Mutant posted:

follow your heart they're all good

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Odd Mutant posted:

Whichever looks least interesting so you can work your way up.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

What plants do I need to occasionally get str boosters? Because I certainly have characters who could use that.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Raphael is strong and real and is my friend

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Dating a character has been in basically every fire emblem game that has had support conversations aka every single game that's come out in english, seems weird to complain about it here

Yeah but only recently has there been the one character who can support with every other character in the game with all their supports with a character of the opposite sex and maybe a few of the same sex being treated as especially significant by virtue of having an additional support rank. It stands out more this game since Byleth is the only character with S ranks, but it’s just kind of a remnant of the support system from the last couple of games with not nearly as much importance to the mechanics. It’s not awful or anything but it’s just kinda weird to bring it back for one character and I think the way supports work for other characters is the better system.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I want to make Ignatz my dancer but it's November and his Cha still loving blows (6). How can I raise it? I tried inviting him to tea but I didn't get any Cha increases for either him or Byleth.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
I'd still like to choose who ends up with who in a more direct way. Marianne had more than one a support but ended up marrying Lorenz for some ungodly reason and he deserves to be alone.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Roobanguy posted:

Raphael is strong and real and is my friend

Raphael rapidly shaping up to be the only kid in the school who has his poo poo together.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
What does it mean when there are three stars in the last column next to a skill during instruction?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Man the master classes really don't feel like they carry on from the Advanced.
Where do you go as an Assassin, really?

Also I never got chance to give Hilda her items or anything. I must have made the wrong choice.

Spoilers for the end of Part 1.
Went with Edelgard and crowned her emperor and then joined her after beating her. It feels like if I decided against either of those things it'd be mega different but I can't work out what I'd be doing instead story wise!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Deified Data posted:

What does it mean when there are three stars in the last column next to a skill during instruction?

Train it up and you'll eventually fill all three in, get a bonus special skill and Strength in the skill too. Always worth it tbh.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Taear posted:

Train it up and you'll eventually fill all three in, get a bonus special skill and Strength in the skill too. Always worth it tbh.
Specifically you have to use Instruct to train it. 4 sessions will fill up a star.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Deified Data posted:

train it twelve times and it becomes a strength and you get a unique skill

Taear posted:

almost never imo the skills tend to suck

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

train it twelve times and it becomes a strength and you get a unique skill

almost never imo the skills tend to suck

Whoa I really disagree, not all of them are good but a lot are.
And also it helps get you the eclectic mix of skills for Master classes a lot of the time.

Talking of that how do I raise people's flying, riding and heavy armour in part 2?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Taear posted:

Cool - did it ever explain this in the game and I missed it?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Cool - did it ever explain this in the game and I missed it?

Yea it does tell you that, it's one of the few things it tells you really clearly actually.
Part of the first tutorial when you can instruct for the first time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Taear posted:

Man the master classes really don't feel like they carry on from the Advanced.

They don't. I think advanced and master classes are intended to be roughly the same "tier" for the most part, with master mostly allowing for hybridization for some kinds of units. Of course, the fliers sort of gently caress with that curve a bit (both of the flying master classes are direct upgrades to their advanced counterparts), so I'm not too sure what's up there.

My guess is that it's intended to be fine to leave someone in an advanced class and never go to master if there isn't a good fit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pumping Lysithea's sword stat is pretty worth it in my experience, Thunderbrand poo poo to death all day erry day.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm at the black eagle decision point and I've just been pacing around my house for ten minutes

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Funky Valentine posted:

Pumping Lysithea's sword stat is pretty worth it in my experience, Thunderbrand poo poo to death all day erry day.

Also having her go through 25 battles as a merc just to get Vantage is loving hilarious

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
After a few battles as Bow Master, I think the mobility part isn't worth the combat trade-off from being a sniper. Hunter's Volley and the extra range is just too good, and you don't need that much mobility when Stride+Canto exists.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat hard mode doesn't joke around, on the battle after the mock battle and all archers and sword users double all my characters, minus Byleth's OP rear end. It also seems xp is lower, either that or I'm doing something different where most of my characters (again, minus Byleth's OP rear end) are mastering noble/commoner before hitting 5, so thats nice.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
If you're in newgame+ the statue bonuses carry over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there any way to pull up exactly what a class gives you? I’m pretty much guessing from the little blurb from the certification screen.