Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have a friend who's put literal thousands of hours into Civ V and he can't stand Civ VI. Dunno if he's an outlier or not.

it's weird because I remember when Civ V came out everyone called it the worst Civ game of all time, pure trash that ruined the series and that Civ IV was the good one. Now after Civ VI came out, everyone is calling it the worst Civ game of all time, pure trash that ruined the series and that Civ V is the good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

it's weird because I remember when Civ V came out everyone called it the worst Civ game of all time, pure trash that ruined the series and that Civ IV was the good one. Now after Civ VI came out, everyone is calling it the worst Civ game of all time, pure trash that ruined the series and that Civ V is the good one

and the craziest part is that both times they were right

DoorMatt
Dec 14, 2007
Watch The Nose
So I finally picked one of these up, seems dumb with the update around the corner but I've played a whopping zero hours handheld. My fiancee has and like it, but she's planning on getting a lite later this year anyway. I grabbed let's go Eevee, oddesey, and smash. The only other games on my radar are Mario kart, fire emblem and stardew valley for the 4th time. Anything else worth getting at the moment?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Your Computer posted:

civ 5 can be worse than civ 4, and civ 6 is just civ 5 with worse diplo AI, a UI that is literally physically injurious, and districts that are barely an addition. so yes, civ 6 is the worst civ game of all time, pure trash that ruined the series. it's worse than beyond earth, and that is an accomplishment, in a way

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Still dont see a reason to get the handheld unless you are really only interested in a $200 indy machine. Some games are not good handheld.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

DoorMatt posted:

So I finally picked one of these up, seems dumb with the update around the corner but I've played a whopping zero hours handheld. My fiancee has and like it, but she's planning on getting a lite later this year anyway. I grabbed let's go Eevee, oddesey, and smash. The only other games on my radar are Mario kart, fire emblem and stardew valley for the 4th time. Anything else worth getting at the moment?

If neither of you have BotW you should give that a try

DoorMatt
Dec 14, 2007
Watch The Nose

chaleski posted:

If neither of you have BotW you should give that a try

Ah I forgot to mention I was one of the five people that played that on wiiu, although I obviously wouldn't mind going through it again. Maybe if there's a good sale during the holidays.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Did they do the mirror world trick on BotW?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
So Amazon dropped the preorder price for Dragon Quest XI S to $49.94.

If that looks familiar, it's Walmart's unadvertised in-store price for $59.99 MSRP Switch titles that they've been using for the past couple of months. Is this Amazon trying to stay competitive?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dehry posted:

Most popular Switch models after a day of Lite availability

Yeah, I'd rather pay an extra hundred than get a yellow switch too.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Doom 1 and 2 don't even have a Z axis for aiming I believe. Your weapons extend infinitely upward and downward.

There's no player pitch aiming, sure, but this latter part is not even remotely true. Doom has auto aiming that adjusts the pitch and angle to the closest enemy it finds. Shots (both hitscan and projectile) will still miss if they fly above or below enemies.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ExcessBLarg! posted:

So Amazon dropped the preorder price for Dragon Quest XI S to $49.94.

If that looks familiar, it's Walmart's unadvertised in-store price for $59.99 MSRP Switch titles that they've been using for the past couple of months. Is this Amazon trying to stay competitive?

I just double-checked, if you had already pre-orded they have dropped it for you. No need to cancel and re-buy.
Yeah, I know they don't charge until it releases but Amazon is so weird sometimes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

DoorMatt posted:

Get Overcooked 2 and check your communication as couple while having fun :sun:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

DoorMatt posted:

Hollow Knight and Into the Breach if you haven’t played them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Did they do the mirror world trick on BotW?

Theres no waggle, so no

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

Mister Facetious posted:

you fool, yellow switch plus vinyl sticker equals

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

LethalGeek posted:

Get Overcooked 2 and check your communication as couple while having fun :sun:

Don't listen to this person unless you have a good divorce lawyer on retainer

Towerfall, snipperclips and lovers in a dangerous spacetime are safe choices otherwise

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

wuggles posted:

Hollow Knight and Into the Breach if you haven’t played them

It's probably obvious but I'm sure there are others like me: if you even remotely liked Hollow Knight, you need to play Dark Souls. It's an excellent game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mister Facetious posted:

It’s either gold or piss colored depending on your fetish

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's probably obvious but I'm sure there are others like me: if you even remotely liked Hollow Knight, you need to play Dark Souls. It's an excellent game.

I really wish people would stop saying this becuase Hollow Knight is really fun but I have enjoyed no part of Dark Souls. All they really have in common is incidental stuff like atmosphere and 'save points respawn enemies'

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

YggiDee posted:

I really wish people would stop saying this becuase Hollow Knight is really fun but I have enjoyed no part of Dark Souls. All they really have in common is incidental stuff like atmosphere and 'save points respawn enemies'

Same but reverse it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

DoorMatt posted:

West of Loathing is super solid, funny, and inexpensive.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Barudak posted:

Theres no waggle, so no

They still made Link a righty though 😑

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Skipopatomus posted:

you fool, yellow switch plus vinyl sticker equals

I bought Pokemon Blue, not yellow. Wannabe :bandwagon: hopping latecomers! :bahgawd:

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s either gold or piss colored depending on your fetish

mustard :britain:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Fully voice-acted games are completely wasted on me. I always read ahead and just skip what they say. I don't think I'll ever have the patience to listen to lines I can read and skip. That said I watch cut-scenes in full, since I don't actually want to miss plot.

I find myself listening to the characters that have especially good voice acting and just speed reading everyone else. Occasionally if it’s a pivotal plot moment I’ll listen to everything without skipping.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

smdh couldn't even get the tips of his ears colored right...

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Where do I get those, I need it

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Probably everybody knows this,but today's the last day to buy Nintendo vouchers.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Worklurker posted:

Probably everybody knows this,but today's the last day to buy Nintendo vouchers.

Are you saying their durability is currently critical?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

One for Luigi's Mansion 3 and... ? :iiam:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just bought more. $95 with the gold coins I had from buying the last ones :v:

I’ll end up using them on 4 out of:

Super Mario maker (used)
Fire emblem
Astral chain
Pokémon
Dragon quest
Link’s Awakening

I don’t think I’m buying all of those games but I’ll easily use 4. I buy all my games digital and many of these will not go on sale any time soon so why not get almost 20% off (with the gold coin)

Nintendo games are expensive lol

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

is there a patch for bloodstained yet ? I want to play that and Doom 1 + 2 on switch but they seem like stinker ports.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

is there a patch for bloodstained yet ? I want to play that and Doom 1 + 2 on switch but they seem like stinker ports.

They are categorically not as good ports as the XBLA ones or even the version that came with Doom 3 for OG Xbox.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

they should just take a mulligan. like, the Bethesda log in stuff is getting patched out but the slower music and messed up aspect ratio? take another stab boys

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Also incorrect lighting in areas too.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I wonder what the chances are for an Astral Chain demo? Off the top of my head, I remember that Nier and Wonderful 101 got demos but I don't think Bayonetta 2 did.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I think they might put the e3 demo out, I'm expecting an Astral chain direct half way into the month with a demo. The game has too much w101 DNA for kamiya not to push it as hard as he can as producer.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

they should just take a mulligan. like, the Bethesda log in stuff is getting patched out but the slower music and messed up aspect ratio? take another stab boys

How do you even screw up a Doom port in tyool 2019, drat. The game's been ported to printers and pianos ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sam Faust posted:

I wonder what the chances are for an Astral Chain demo? Off the top of my head, I remember that Nier and Wonderful 101 got demos but I don't think Bayonetta 2 did.

I can't think of a Platinum game that didn't honestly. Bayo 1, Metal Gear Rising, Vanquish, Nier Automata all have demos that usually sell me on the game lol

The games they make translate very well to demos