Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Buddy system forever bro.

I don't take a dump without a spotter and a flag man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I don't know where to ask this, but a lot of the clips linked here doesn't show up for me unless they're quoted by a poster later on. Like the one from Glagha earlier. Help?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

mng posted:

I don't know where to ask this, but a lot of the clips linked here doesn't show up for me unless they're quoted by a poster later on. Like the one from Glagha earlier. Help?
What browser?

Maybe your adblock is hiding them?

They work fine for me in the Awful App for Android.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

This needed to go 10 more seconds to show that the driver was satisfied with their field repair before moving along

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I kept telling them in the focus group that this was an issue with fords

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I'm not really a big fan of guns, but honestly the one of maybe like 5 times you should have them is when you're in an area where there is a piece of native wildlife which will attack and kill a human. That's like the only time you should be drawing a gun and shooting something, preferably repeatedly. But also: stop it bear.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I tried carrying a bear mace with me last camping trip, but it was real heavy and I could only swing it like twice before my arms got tired

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

I'm not really a big fan of guns, but honestly the one of maybe like 5 times you should have them is when you're in an area where there is a piece of native wildlife which will attack and kill a human. That's like the only time you should be drawing a gun and shooting something, preferably repeatedly. But also: stop it bear.

Bears need big guns. Unless you’re an exceptional shot, think .357 and above. Or a rifle.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

Bears need big guns.

yeah nah i think they're doing fine with their teeth and claws

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Against bears and, surprisingly, against people, good pepper spray is a quicker and surer stop than a gun.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah nah i think they're doing fine with their teeth and claws

Look don’t interfere with this dude’s right to arm bears

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
gonna leave a dent in your insurance

https://i.imgur.com/Kgp151Z.mp4

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

starkebn posted:

oh mah LORD

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

starkebn posted:

Is fine, there's an auto zone across the street. They can borrow some tools!

This video never gets old

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Just wait until the Occupational Safety and Health Administration hears about this one.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PathAsc posted:

This video never gets old

Just like the driver

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

whoever was in that truck has likely gone to meet the lord

hosed up

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Both occupants survived.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

thanks for that, I watched it like:

oh haha

oh no

oh gently caress i kinda wanna puke

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
yeah i didn't want anybody to be hurt, but in America being a loving moron with the money to buy a truck and a trailer you don't know how to roll with is just life.

like what, labor day weekend is the next big holiday? when you're on your drive to go camping pay attention to all the mother fuckers without their poo poo hitched incorrectly, pulling stuff in a vehicle they shouldn't be pulling stuff in. just the industrious spirit of a great nation

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 1, 2019

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Drone_Fragger posted:

The Russian Soyuz capsule has a shotgun tucked away in it. This is because once a Russian cosmonaut went off course during landing and was stuck in the wilderness for a couple days until the recovery crew could reach him and only had strong language to scare away all the bears that came to investigate. The Russians felt the trade off of having a gun in space was worth it, because of bears.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

duz posted:

The Russian Soyuz capsule has a shotgun tucked away in it. This is because once a Russian cosmonaut went off course during landing and was stuck in the wilderness for a couple days until the recovery crew could reach him and only had strong language to scare away all the bears that came to investigate. The Russians felt the trade off of having a gun in space was worth it, because of bears.

Ha, that's amazing. Also relevant for me at the moment since the group I work with is looking into the possibility of doing some work up in the arctic where getting stranded and meeting a hungry polar bear is within the realm of possibility. "Would the contract budget cover firearms" is a question that is legitimately coming up :clint:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Just wait until the Occupational Safety and Health Administration hears about this one.

Yeah, reinforcing the osha not random, death, injury, Celebrity star dies.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

duz posted:

Not anymore, now it's supposedly just a semiauto pistol. But it was way better than just a shotgun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-82_Cosmonaut_survival_pistol

quote:

The upper two shotgun barrels used 12.5×70 mm ammunition (28 gauge), and the lower rifled barrel used 5.45×39mm ammunition developed for the AK-74 assault rifle. The TP-82 has a large lever on the left side of the receiver that opens the action and a small grip-safety under the trigger-guard that resembles a secondary trigger.

The pistol could be used for hunting, to defend against predators and for visible and audible distress signals. The detachable buttstock was also a machete that came with a canvas sheath. TP-82s were carried regularly on Soviet and Russian space missions from 1986 to 2007. They were part of the Soyuz Portable Emergency-Survival Kit (Носимый аварийный запас, Nosimyi Avariynyi Zapas, NAZ). In 2007, the media reported that the remaining ammunition for the TP-82 had become unusable and that a regular semi-automatic pistol would be used on future missions.

When hazards of your job include a not insignificant risk of exploding, cosmic radiation, meteors, then you survive reentry to be stuck in a metal pod because there are curious wolves or bears outside.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

PirateDentist posted:

Not anymore, now it's supposedly just a semiauto pistol. But it was way better than just a shotgun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-82_Cosmonaut_survival_pistol

When hazards of your job include a not insignificant risk of exploding, cosmic radiation, meteors, then you survive reentry to be stuck in a metal pod because there are curious wolves or bears outside.

"And the Americans just used a pencil."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
American astronauts just showed up to the launch gantry with their everyday carry pieces.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

chitoryu12 posted:

Bears need big guns. Unless you’re an exceptional shot, think .357 and above. Or a rifle.

Where Treadwell was, with a .357, you're probably gonna need to file off the sights, so it hurts less when the bear shoves it up your rear end. Of pistol calibers, even hoping to do some damage to a grizzly of that size, a .454 Casull is the minimum.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Dannywilson posted:

Where Treadwell was, with a .357, you're probably gonna need to file off the sights, so it hurts less when the bear shoves it up your rear end. Of pistol calibers, even hoping to do some damage to a grizzly of that size, a .454 Casull is the minimum.

Ted Nugent carries a Glock 10 and if its good enough for him, it is for me

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In Australia we mostly don't carry guns to deal with wildlife because either the animal in question has already killed you, or you've seen it and can just go somewhere else.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

Ted Nugent carries a Glock 10 and if its good enough for him, it is for me

I'd pay good money to see Ted Nugent get devoured by bears.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Platystemon posted:

American astronauts just showed up to the launch gantry with their everyday carry pieces.

Just in case the moon turned out haunted

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Wingnut Ninja posted:

"And the Americans just used a deagle."

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Trabant posted:

If you can stomach Reddit, places like r/idiotsincars are a goldmine if not strictly OSHA.

Then again, pretty sure this is a commercial vehicle so it would probably qualify:

https://i.imgur.com/dmTAjWJ.mp4

Rolling foam

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trabant posted:

If you can stomach Reddit, places like r/idiotsincars are a goldmine if not strictly OSHA.

Then again, pretty sure this is a commercial vehicle so it would probably qualify:

https://i.imgur.com/dmTAjWJ.mp4

That’s some unusually ruly smoke staying in that column.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

yeah i didn't want anybody to be hurt, but in America being a loving moron with the money to buy a truck and a trailer you don't know how to roll with is just life.

like what, labor day weekend is the next big holiday? when you're on your drive to go camping pay attention to all the mother fuckers without their poo poo hitched incorrectly, pulling stuff in a vehicle they shouldn't be pulling stuff in. just the industrious spirit of a great nation

I worked for a Tool Rental, and once had a 60 year old guy want to rent out Tractor/Loader/Backhoe. We're about halfway through filling out the paperwork when we ask him what vehicle he's going to be towing it with. He points out his Minivan that doesn't even have a real hitch on it, it's got one of those hitches that attach straight to the bumper. He spent half an hour arguing with us about it because we refused to rent him it unless he also rented one of our trucks with a proper hitch. He tried to tell us he had rented the same thing and used his minivan to tow it a half dozen times before. Eventually we basically got "no" through his thick head and he left in a huff.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Look don’t interfere with this dude’s right to arm bears

You just know with this book they started with the title and worked backwards from there.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

moist turtleneck posted:

I kept telling them in the focus group that this was an issue with fords

Ford recalls 1.4 million cars because steering wheel can come off
https://money.cnn.com/2018/03/14/news/companies/ford-steering-wheel-recall/index.html

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Dannywilson posted:

actually you need at least a .500 S&W magnum. bears have 100% resistance to calibers less than .50. but preferably you should be carrying a barrett at all times

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

BMan posted:

actually you need at least a .500 S&W magnum. bears have 100% resistance to calibers less than .50. but preferably you should be carrying a barrett at all times

Lol if you aren't using 16 inch artillery to fight a bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
lol, just loving lol, if you don't bring the remote for your orbital ion cannon with you when you are camping.