Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thought of another one.

A commercial I saw about a year or two ago showing a bad CGI of a colon full of poo poo being emptied/enema-ed out and an announcer saying with the utmost urgency “YOUR BODY COULD BE FILLED WITH TOXIC FECAL MATTER!”.

I think the ad was for some sort of medical thing.

It was loving hilarious, but I only saw it once. Pretty sure it was on a B or C-tier channel, maybe Hallmark or one of the History Channel offshoots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Traxis posted:

I googled '80s anime shark spaceships' and this came up https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_2772

That sounds right, nice one.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Negrostrike posted:

These last few months I've been looking for a PDF, disc iso or even a mention about a computer magazine that had the Neverhood main character on the cover, probably from late 1996 or early 97. I'm almost sure it was a British issue of PC Zone. It included a CD with a yellow label with demos of Neverhood, Timelapse, Amok, also some Quake mods, a trial version of MAGIK music maker, and some other crap.

Nowhere to be found. Please blow my mind.

i think i might've found the disc you were thinking of:

but the website with the image on it says it was from issue 28 of "PC Powerplay" which has this as the cover:

it looks like there was an article about the neverhood in issue 20, but that doesn't have a cover with klayman on it either. you might just have to start trawling the pc powerplay archives

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

i think i might've found the disc you were thinking of:

That would be an awesome disc to play with back then but nope, it wasn't this one. Thanks anyway.
I think it wasn't really a gaming magazine because there were some other kind of software in the CD, like music composers and whatever. It wasn't filled with many game demos and mods.

I dunno, it might have been a PC Powerplay issue. Will look into it later.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Super Waffle posted:

Hoooooly crap you're right, I found mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7hzyr0tttU

It was a Levi's commercial! I always thought it was for Nike or another sportswear company

I remember this ad. It rules.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah that was the first thing everyone suggested. I've looked into it and I feel like what I've read had a different vibe. But sure, backstory short, that could well be.

http://seananmcguire.com/icshorts.php

about half of these are free; the other half are in purchaseable anthologies.

http://seananmcguire.com/fgaeslinmice.php

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008
I vaguely recall a channel in the UK that, if I am remembering right, used to show a lot of independent extremely low-budget (possibly even student or sent in by viewers) short films, maybe TV shows too. I just remember everything looking super cheap.

One short film was centred on this girl who was wandering the streets, running into people and talking to them. The only thing I really remember clearly is her talking to a homeless girl and the girl implying, very vaguely, that she was sexually abused and that she ran away from home for that reason. Like a vague, 'I'd get scared when I heard him come to my door at night' kinda thing.

I'm also fairly certain that the main girl's family had died, and actually the whole film may have been about the mystery of how they died or us finding out they'd died. The only thing that could be a big clue is I'm sure the title of the film had 'moon'' in it, or something related to moon like 'luna' or ''lunar.' It was so bizarre and I'd love to see it again.

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI

Whybird posted:

There was a game I played a demo of on a PC Format cover CD as a small child. I'm pretty sure it was called Butterfly, and it was a 2d platformer where your character was a soldier and the people you rescued followed you around and gave you extra firepower. For some reason the first boss fight was against a goldfish-shaped mecha, and there were talking Tower of Hanoi pieces that you had to reunite with the rest of their puzzle before they'd open secret passages for you.

I'm semi-convinced that I imagined the whole thing because I can't find it anywhere (and because it sounds so bizarre). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I think it was this game, I remember playing the same demo. https://archive.org/details/Handkerchief

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Nobody is going to get this, but here goes:

A children's book about a young boy who decides to turn himself into a petrol pump as he is unhappy with his life. This slowly happens when he runs away from home, sticks 2 fingers in his ear, is made to swallow an abacus and more weird stuff. At the end his parents come along and pump petrol from him without knowing it is their son.

The abacus swallowing is part of his transformation into a real petrol pump as it forms his display. He also gets violently kicked in the shins by his first customer when he is unable to produce any petrol due to nerves.

I know this sounds like a fever dream and for years I was convinced I'd made it up, but thanks to this thread and DuckDuckGo, I found a goodreads thread where someone was asking about the exact same book.

It may have been part of a collection of short stories too as I don't remember the story being very long.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

years ago, when the Nintendo Gamecube was early in it's life (so like, 2001-02 ish i think), but before any modchips came out there was a video supposedly showing a hacked Gamecube.

the video showed someone taking a burned disc from their computer, putting it in a gamecube and turning it on and then Wave Race Blue Storm (i think it was wave race, anyway) comes up, and the guy filming starts going "yeah mother fucker, gently caress you, yeah bitch, gently caress you" and stuff like that and giving the Gamecube the finger. the guy had an accent, maybe eastern european or something?

the gamecube wasn't actually hacked and the video was fake, of course.

then there were some parodies of it where people took discs from their computer and put them in like a printer or a VCR and Wave Race started and they would go "yeah gently caress you gently caress you motherfucker"

for some reason i remember thinking all of these were funny as hell and i've of course never been able to find them again, either the original or any of the parodies.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A book I had when I was a kid from a library sale that was missing the front cover and first few pages that I never knew the title of even when I still had it. All I remember were two characters who were kids named Renfro and Ella Mae working on a peach farm and then the narrator hits Renfro with an ear of corn and he almost dies.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Parahexavoctal posted:

http://seananmcguire.com/icshorts.php

about half of these are free; the other half are in purchaseable anthologies.

http://seananmcguire.com/fgaeslinmice.php
Cheers; if nothing else that's reinforced my belief my lost story was nothing like that. Mine was, with all due respect, much less... airport-fiction-y.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I kind of love this thread, because all the descriptions of things read like half-remembered dreams and urban legends.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

shelley posted:

you’re thinking of The Transall Saga by Gary Paulsen

Yeah, that's definitely it. Much obliged!

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Mush Man posted:

This is a complete stab in the dark, as I’ve never read the series, but possibly Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda? It has carnivorous plants called Grippers, and small soldier platoons called Grey Guards. The series has an illustrated book of monsters and one on how to draw them too. Anyway, good luck.

Holy crap, that's it! The grey people and the man eating plants. I wonder if the actual series is worth checking out

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I actually have quite a few, but I'll start with the biggest one that I had at least a minor breakthrough in finding:

Up until earlier this year I was trying to figure out the name of the ancient computer my step-mother gave to me as a hand me down and then later took back when she and my dad got married just to put in a box on a street for somebody to take. I found out it was called the HeadStart LX-CD, and now I'm just trying to remember the games that came for it. You can find articles talking about how it had "About 30 games, ranging from Arcticfox to Willow." but basically spent time trawling through MobyGames and came up with this list based on looking at DOS games from the late 80s:

Definitely on the thing based on my memories:
Bad Street Brawler
Willow
The Great Escape
Arcticfox
Uridium
Wizball
Archon: The Light and the Dark
221B Baker Street
Into the Eagle’s Nest
World Tour Golf
Some form of Star Trek clone, apparently the old largely text-based game from 1971 got cloned over and over for over a decade, it could be literally any of them
Infiltrator 2
Superstar Ice Hockey
Bop’N Wrestle
Captain Blood
Road Runner
Alternate Reality: The City
Lords of Conquest
Modem Wars
Skyfox 2
Jeopardy!

Were maybe on there (less sure about the Red October or the game show ones):
The Hunt for Red October
Lancelot
Time and Magik: The Trilogy
PHM Pegasus
Wheel of Fortune
Family Feud
Jeopardy! New Sports Edition

Games included that weren't counted towards that total
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing
The Chessmaster 2000
SimEarth (I remember having to exit to DOS to run this, probably installed on it after the fact)

I do not expect anyone else to have had this computer, or to ever fully figure out the rest of the game list. The things that come up when you search for that computer is one guy on a hobbyist forum who found one with nothing installed, and old newspaper/magazine ads advertising stuff for it. I have seen it come up for auction on eBay once since, like, March.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Telemaze posted:

Second thing is a toy I had as a baby. It was a light blue two-sided cat made from terrycloth material, with a happy face on one side and a crying face on the other. The original got lost in a flood and I've been searching for another one for twenty years.

This isn't it, but was it this sort of style? Possibly it was homemade/crafted and not mass produced. I had several stuffed toys like this that my grandma made. Could be this pattern?

Telemaze posted:

Also do any late gen-xers/early millennials here remember Encyclopedia Brown videos/film strips from the mid-80s? They had a really catchy theme song, but I can't recall anything else about them so it's hard to search.

There are entire Encyclopedia Brown eps on YouTube? That not what you're talking about?

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

angryrobots posted:

This isn't it, but was it this sort of style? Possibly it was homemade/crafted and not mass produced. I had several stuffed toys like this that my grandma made. Could be this pattern?

There are entire Encyclopedia Brown eps on YouTube? That not what you're talking about?

Holy crap yes that clown is exactly like it! It's so incredibly similar that they must've come from the same pattern or maker. The sewing pattern linked seems different, my toy cat was flat like that clown, no place for buttons or clothes.

I've found the Encyclopedia Brown episodes on youtube but they're different, alas. The ones they showed us in school were mostly static illustrations with narration over them.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Telemaze posted:

Holy crap yes that clown is exactly like it! It's so incredibly similar that they must've come from the same pattern or maker. The sewing pattern linked seems different, my toy cat was flat like that clown, no place for buttons or clothes.

I've found the Encyclopedia Brown episodes on youtube but they're different, alas. The ones they showed us in school were mostly static illustrations with narration over them.

If all else fails, you can buy the filmstrip & cassette sets on ebay for fairly cheap:

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Negrostrike posted:

That would be an awesome disc to play with back then but nope, it wasn't this one. Thanks anyway.
I think it wasn't really a gaming magazine because there were some other kind of software in the CD, like music composers and whatever. It wasn't filled with many game demos and mods.

I dunno, it might have been a PC Powerplay issue. Will look into it later.

A British magazine from that era that had cover discs covering both games and multimedia software could be CD-ROM Today. It's really hard to find much about that magazine however.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
When I was young there was a commercial with Whoopi Goldberg that was either about AIDS in babys or cancer in babies and how it was a hidden danger that was otherwise unnoticable. They portrayed this by showing a babys crib surrounded by black hooded figures with red glowing eyes filmed in a dreamy soap-opera style. I've searched online but so far it hasn't been uploaded to youtube, it would've been from around the early 90's. edit: actually I might be conflating 2 commercials, there was one with Whoopi but she's just talking at the camera, I dont know what I saw then

Slam Pajamas fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 1, 2019

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Corsendonk Abbey Brown ale. They stopped exporting it to the states years ago and I haven't seen it since. They sometimes some one called pater something that the beer store says is the same but it's not. IT"S NOT.

Also, I'd love to download or stream the old horror movie Candyman, but it isn't anywhere. I don't want to buy a dvd.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 1, 2019

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Back in the 90s in an issue of PC Gamer there was a full page ad for a Mafia themed game that looked like a combination of a RTS on the strategic level with tactical x-com like combat. It implied you could do stuff like have some of your gangsters firebomb a business as a distraction while another group attacked a rival gang. I have no idea what it was called.

A this point I think it's likely that either this game was never made, or I have played it and they cut out 90% of the features and I didn't recognize it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
two things from when i was really young

1) a picture book about a little girl named ruby(?) who lived in a world where everyone turned into animals under the light of the (red?) moon, but she didn't have this power and she felt left out. her parents always told her, don't worry about it, you will get the power eventually, but she didn't want to wait and went on a journey to see if she could find out how to turn into an animal. various things happen and i don't really remember the details but at the end she can turn into a bird. book had to have come out no later than 1992.

2) some computer game that was basically a proto visual novel. it came on a two-sided 5 1⁄4" floppy and ran on some old apple][-type computers at my elementary school. maybe it was even 8" but it definitely wasn't the small ones. the game had to have come out some time before 1995, which is around when i played it. you went through the story like a cyoa and i honestly don't remember very much about it. but in the beginning, a seer tells you "you need <THIS RED STATUE> to defeat the evil overlord" and later in the game, you get to choose between three statues. i chose the blue one because i was a rebel, and when i got to the end of the game, i lost and died because i had the wrong statue, go back to the beginning. the only other things i could tell you about it was that the colors were very EGA and that i think there was some character named inkapilia.

i would love to be more specific about both of these things but i simply can't.

Arven posted:

Back in the 90s in an issue of PC Gamer there was a full page ad for a Mafia themed game that looked like a combination of a RTS on the strategic level with tactical x-com like combat. It implied you could do stuff like have some of your gangsters firebomb a business as a distraction while another group attacked a rival gang. I have no idea what it was called.

A this point I think it's likely that either this game was never made, or I have played it and they cut out 90% of the features and I didn't recognize it.

no dude i know this is a real game, my bro had it in boarding school and played it on his lovely laptop

this is the one right here man https://www.gog.com/game/gangsters_organized_crime

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 1, 2019

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I. M. Gei posted:

Thought of another one.

A commercial I saw about a year or two ago showing a bad CGI of a colon full of poo poo being emptied/enema-ed out and an announcer saying with the utmost urgency “YOUR BODY COULD BE FILLED WITH TOXIC FECAL MATTER!”.

I think the ad was for some sort of medical thing.

It was loving hilarious, but I only saw it once. Pretty sure it was on a B or C-tier channel, maybe Hallmark or one of the History Channel offshoots.

Yeah? Well I heard that YOUR POSTS ARE FILLED WITH TOXIC FECAL MATTER. How's that grab ya?

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Holy poo poo, you weren't kidding about Duckduckgo. I've been searching for this commercial for years and I found in two minutes with this crazy search engine.

Anyway, enjoy my whale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS19VG5qhuM

I think that google's insistence on tailoring the content they show is bordering on dangerous. Now that people are relying on it for getting information, if it's only providing the info that it feels like sharing, I can see that being pretty detrimental to society on the whole.

edit: Actually, I should expound on this. Last I heard, DDG did it's searches through google's system. It was just some kind of wall that prevents google from collecting your personal information and search history. But if google and DDG are both querying the same information, shouldn't they be returning similar results? That's why I think their information give/withholding is a burgeoning problem.

The Dregs posted:

Corsendonk Abbey Brown ale. They stopped exporting it to the states years ago and I haven't seen it since. They sometimes some one called pater something that the beer store says is the same but it's not. IT"S NOT.
I can't help you with the particular varieties, but I just want to say that Corsendonk is THE BEST beer I have ever tasted. Like, any variety makes me want to sing.

cormorant fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 1, 2019

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I used to watch some old 80s Japanese/maybe French cartoon on Nick but it was fantasy themed. I think the hero was an elf and he could do the ninja jump/teleport threw trees. Which blew my mind as a kid because I had never seen anime and Ninja scroll was like 10 years from coming out.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I remember playing this old rear end DOS game. It was a top down tactical shooter / RPG. It took place on Mars and I vaguely recall a gray cityscape and red caves or something like that. I thought it was called "Titans of Mars" but apparently that's not it. It looked A LOT like the original Wasteland but that's not it either. Any help here?

My first post had to do with what are apparently called "animutations" but I couldn't find the particular one I was looking for. I can only remember the line "MUSCLE MUSCLE TYPOWRITE".

oh dope fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 1, 2019

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

no dude i know this is a real game, my bro had it in boarding school and played it on his lovely laptop

this is the one right here man https://www.gog.com/game/gangsters_organized_crime

Holy poo poo, that's it! Thank you!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Has anyone said a reason to live yet?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Wall Balls posted:

this pre-youtube internet comedy skit about a guy who clicks a pop up ad for pony porn at work and it slowly destroys his life to the point of attempting - and failing - suicide. i only remember the line "the one with the ponies?"

It's called Farm Sluts and it stars Chris Parnell. I haven't watched it in forever, but I remember it being pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjCj0ntG8E

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

oh dope posted:

I remember playing this old rear end DOS game. It was a top down tactical shooter / RPG. It took place on Mars and I vaguely recall a gray cityscape and red caves or something like that. I thought it was called "Titans of Mars" but apparently that's not it. It looked A LOT like the original Wasteland but that's not it either. Any help here?

My first post had to do with what are apparently called "animutations" but I couldn't find the particular one I was looking for. I can only remember the line "MUSCLE MUSCLE TYPOWRITE".

was it Mars Saga?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Saga

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I was Gunna say Battlezone 2

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
A movie or TV episode with this alien creature or something, possibly a robot, that's disguised in a trenchcoat and hat, like an old film noir detective look. It has glowing eyes but otherwise no visible face, and it consumes people by opening the trenchcoat and enveloping them in it, vibrating and shaking back and forth, ultimately turning its victims into goo that pours out at its feet.

Honestly the memory is so old that I'm not entirely sure I didn't just imagine it in some nightmare. But I watched a lot of scary movies I shouldn't have as a kid with my Dad and his roommate and that one still sticks out in my mind as something so viscerally horrifying that I swear I actually saw it on the screen.

Also, there are a few arcade machines that I have been trying to find for a while:
- A mechanical 'soccer' game played by two players facing one another across a field probably about six feet long, with a slope that peaks in the center. Balls are shot across the field by turning a moving crank that rotates two paddles with a gap in the middle of them. If the crank is turned rapidly the ball can be slapped across the field with great velocity and go around or in between the opponent's paddles. I saw this first in a movie theatre arcade in another town, and people used to look at me like I was crazy when I'd describe it to them in vain. But it showed up again at a local sportsbar, vindicating me. I got a couple of games in and swore I'd remember what it was called, but the place closed down and I forgot. The closest thing I can find to it online is FIREBALL but that's not quite it, although it is very similar as I said this one has a hole in the center of each paddle that can be scored through.
- A futuristic racing/shooting game where you... holy poo poo, never mind, I found it, it's called STUN RUNNER and it was like the fourth GIS result for 'arcade game with steering yoke'. I've seriously been looking for this game for years, and I currently work in an arcade bar and even the owners had no idea what it was when I described it to them.

EDIT: Also, an oooold Flash video called 'The Donkey In Paris'. I know it was a real thing, friends and I spent many hours laughing over it like idiots, but I can't find it anywhere. The donkey goes to Paris and gets some ointment from an apothecary for his "liquefying flesh disease," all in a very poorly-sung song. I think the apothecary quotes a Dr. Dre song.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 1, 2019

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I've been trying to discover the identity of this show or movie for years.

It was live action on Nickelodeon. It would have aired between 1986 and probably 1996. I think I'd remember it better once I was 12.

The main image I have is a large brown Victorian house with a dead or possibly dirt yard. I believe that under the house there was some kind of purple/blue/green portal, or, possibly that was the interior of a spaceship.

That's about it. I remember it being.on a lot, always the same thing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I have zero idea where the gently caress it comes from and I can't find it anymore, but when I was fairly little (like, in the age range of 6 or 7) we had a VHS taped recording of some movie, or I think it was a movie, and I don't remember many specifics other than it was something to do with a magic paintbrush that made poo poo real and I recall rainbows and like a flying pirate ship and maybe a big tree or a kind of Italian-looking town or some poo poo like that and it bothers me because I have like no clue what the gently caress this thing is or where it's from or whether it even ever existed at all. Pretty sure it would be from the late '80s or early '90s and was recorded off the TV. And also we had a bootlegged copy of Winnie the Pooh on the same tape but that doesn't help me figure out what it was.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

oh dope posted:

Mines of Titan. There's an lp on the archive too.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

I've been trying to discover the identity of this show or movie for years.

It was live action on Nickelodeon. It would have aired between 1986 and probably 1996. I think I'd remember it better once I was 12.

The main image I have is a large brown Victorian house with a dead or possibly dirt yard. I believe that under the house there was some kind of purple/blue/green portal, or, possibly that was the interior of a spaceship.

That's about it. I remember it being.on a lot, always the same thing.

My guess is you’re thinking of the American remake of the Tomorrow People. They teleported to an island with a spaceship or something.

https://youtu.be/TIY7m_xPv_c

It was a really good show!

Aerox fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 1, 2019

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

A video game, on an earlish console (I think nes). One of those "USE key ON door" games like Zork where each room in a dungeon had a single picture to describe it, no animations, a little menu down the bottom with the action commands to select with a cursor? Anyway, all I remember about this game specifically is that in one screen you are in a narrow room with a dead end and a torch on each wall, left and right. Hitting the left torch opens a secret door. On another screen there is a rickety bridge. My older brother assured me you could cross the bridge if you dumped your inventory. The last screen I remember is...a vaguely...brass? Coloured ghost? Blocking your path? I understand that these are the jankiest, most generic recollections from what could be any adventure game.

The next thing is different. I had a lime juice in some Cambodian heroin town. Like, a tall cold glass of lime juice. I drank 3 a day. Tart for a few sips but relaxed into a crisp sweetness as you drank it, but nowhere as sweet as your garden variety lemon or limeade. It didn't taste like a sugar syrup was one of the ingredients, and I don't think it was a straight up "juiced lime in a glass" but the taste has been mythologised in my mind for years now so I can't be certain. I've been trying to recreate this lime juice forever. I've tried multiple methods of getting flavour from limes- peel extraction, grilling, etc. I've tried several imported specialty limes. I don't think it was simply a calamansi juice. Please help me find my lime juice.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bitmap posted:

A video game, on an earlish console (I think nes). One of those "USE key ON door" games like Zork where each room in a dungeon had a single picture to describe it, no animations, a little menu down the bottom with the action commands to select with a cursor? Anyway, all I remember about this game specifically is that in one screen you are in a narrow room with a dead end and a torch on each wall, left and right. Hitting the left torch opens a secret door. On another screen there is a rickety bridge. My older brother assured me you could cross the bridge if you dumped your inventory. The last screen I remember is...a vaguely...brass? Coloured ghost? Blocking your path? I understand that these are the jankiest, most generic recollections from what could be any adventure game.
One of the Ultimas? A Wizardry? Shadowgate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
"A Thousand and One Arabian Nights" radio play that aired on the CBC [Canadian Broadcasting Company] some time in the mid 90s. The credits included a name something like "Liz Noj" and a theatre company with a name like Tangerine or Tamarind or maybe Tarragon, pretty sure based in Toronto. I recorded a few episodes on cassette at the time but I'd love to get hold of the whole thing.