Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Great. With that last panel, I am now seeing Burgess Meredith playing Kingpin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Not to worry, MJ saw Snake coming to her rescue just off-panel.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I find it hard to believe a woman like MJ could narrow down the list of her exes that quick.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

I find it hard to believe a woman like MJ could narrow down the list of her exes that quick.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Vanessa suspects Kingpin might be attempting to cheat on her

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's not wearing pants in that strip.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

My blood sample! You took it-- to make a jungle potion!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
This episode of NSM is sponsored by U-Haul(tm).

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
If you've ever read Earth X..

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Saoshyant posted:

Spider-Man was accused of being an extraterrestrial alien so he'd have to go on live television and give up his blood that could then be used to make a jungle potion and burned to make fumes to weaken him in a fight.

I mean wow, that's the oldest trick in the book and he fell for it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he probably could have used any kind of sedative and it would have worked fine. kraven put so much time and effort into this scenario but really all he had to do was say "hey let's fight" and nsm went "durrr okay".

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

"Ah man, Kraven's weird smoke stuff sure is making me feel really weak! I can barely even hold on to this wall, a thing that me, Spider-Man, can typically do with ease.

Anyway, time to keep climbing and fight Kraven regardless."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This plot would nearly make sense if Kraven was using the fumes to isolate Spider-man in a crowd, to guess his secret identity.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Spider-Senses don't work against poison gas... except when they do as shown just now in the Kingpin Arc.

See the difference is that they used Spideys blood in this one and that matters because...uuuuh...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Spider-sense detects threats. NSM is never a threat, so adding his blood to something means his spider sense is fooled. :pseudo:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as we learned from the hulk/lizard arc, introducing nsm's blood to a person's system makes them fail terribly at everything they try. kraven's going to bend over, split his pants, and then fall off the bridge.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

OHHH
EEEEEE

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The ditzy spritzy MJ went down the water spout.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Peter why did you escape only to land in the same spot

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nsm escaped from the incense burners for about 5 seconds, and then immediately returned to their vicinity. there's no particular reason for him to hang around in the spot kraven prepared to weaken him. they are outside! he could go 20 feet away and be fine.

i'm starting to suspect that peter is not a smart man.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Peter why did you escape only to land in the same spot

Years of near constant head trauma has left Spidey with little to no ability to process short term memory. As such, the moment Kraven left his sight Pete either forgot he was there and/or forgot he had just come from up top and assumed that was were he was going.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Is this before or after MJ figured out Peter was Spidey, and if the latter, how much headtrauma has SHE suffered?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

evilmiera posted:

Is this before or after MJ figured out Peter was Spidey, and if the latter, how much headtrauma has SHE suffered?

She supposedly knew before they even met.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nsm escaped from the incense burners for about 5 seconds, and then immediately returned to their vicinity. there's no particular reason for him to hang around in the spot kraven prepared to weaken him. they are outside! he could go 20 feet away and be fine.

i'm starting to suspect that peter is not a smart man.

Or he could, like, throw the pots overboard so that they fall in the river.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cat Mattress posted:

Or he could, like, throw the pots overboard so that they fall in the river.

Name even one way he could possibly reach those things from afar with some kind of rope-like substance that he can control expertly, smart guy? That's right, didn't think so :colbert:

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
I don't think Peter can control ANYTHING expertly.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

If I close my eyes, I won't breathe these awful fumes! :spidey:

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
REALLY? THAT'S HOW THEY SOLVE THE STUPID KRAVEN TRAP? Spidey just....resists it?

Jeez, Expert Storytelling.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
All he had to do was forget about the fumes long enough to fight back. :pseudo:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This is actually something he has done recently against the Kingpin in Zdarsky's run and it was also a bit weird

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ikasuhito posted:

Years of near constant head trauma has left Spidey with little to no ability to process short term memory. As such, the moment Kraven left his sight Pete either forgot he was there and/or forgot he had just come from up top and assumed that was were he was going.

Holy gently caress this is basically legit what they just did: Spidey closed his eyes and his lack of object permanence made him forget to be woozy from the fumes!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Now he just has to close his eyes so he doesn't see the bottom part of the bridge coming and they won't die in the fall!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
oh my god, it is literally the same thing

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

so comics spiderman is pro-government-panopticon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the silly part of that is how he has fought mysterio dozens of times, to say nothing of all the mysterio-lites over the years. he's channeling nsm in how he forgot about how he dealt with that exact same problem many, many times.