Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My daughter and I enjoyed watching Powerless together. She was 11 so that must have been the target audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that captain america stinger, what the heck

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yo, if some you guys weren't satisfied with House of X as the bold new direction of the X-Men you thought it might be then check out Powers of X because it is one wild ride.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

Yo, if some you guys weren't satisfied with House of X as the bold new direction of the X-Men you thought it might be then check out Powers of X because it is one wild ride.

Hickman’s ability to use the 3-4 panels that makes the first page of a run to hint at like 2 years worth of poo poo compressed story in them is insane.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

that captain america stinger, what the heck

Dryad isn't Natasha apparently.

I really enjoyed the Carol and Kamala team up, especially Carol bullshitting a reason for Kamala to go out superheroing with her,

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think ewing was having some fun with infinity warps

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Has anyone ever tried to convince the real Doom that he was just a Doombot with the memories of Doom?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Argue posted:

Has anyone ever tried to convince the real Doom that he was just a Doombot with the memories of Doom?

If so I hope it was a Doombot trying to convince him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

dammit hickman stop making me think the android designed only for genocide is amazing!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I also liked how Nimrod has a huge throne to sit on even though it is something he would not need at all.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Charging dock.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i have no previous knowledge about nimrod but i love him now

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Synthbuttrange posted:

dammit hickman stop making me think the android designed only for genocide is amazing!

He was a loveable cute huggy robot.

Then they hooked him up to mutant Twitter.
Ten minutes of that made him want to genocide all mutants.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I love Ninrod. Sure he’s genociding all mutants but look at that smile!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I am so sorry that we did this to you. :ohdear:
*dunks you in a tank*

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

In a tank that dissolves you into pure data. He’s Nimrod the lesser, so there’s more Nimrods kicking around somewhere, somewhen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I thought nimrod the greater was the floating drone thingy talking to the kid in the far future

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I figured they were the same Nimrod, The Lesser because look at him, he's still a dumb kid, and The Greater because it's been who knows how many years and now he's ascended beyond wanting to genocide all the mutants and has a cute floating drone body

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Parallax posted:

i have no previous knowledge about nimrod but i love him now

Nimrod is a pretty classic X-Men villain. He's from Claremont's seminal run.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Nimrod is a pretty classic X-Men villain. He's from Claremont's seminal run.

yeah the hickman thing inspired me to finally start reading that. only up to the phoenix stuff though

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Alaois posted:

I figured they were the same Nimrod, The Lesser because look at him, he's still a dumb kid, and The Greater because it's been who knows how many years and now he's ascended beyond wanting to genocide all the mutants and has a cute floating drone body

I assumed The Greater was the AI he said he constructed to parse the soup data which was described as in its infancy in X² and was the friendly floating boy in X³

kustomkarkommando fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 1, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Parallax posted:

yeah the hickman thing inspired me to finally start reading that. only up to the phoenix stuff though

Awesome, you've got years worth of excellent comics before it starts going off the rails.

I hope Hickman's X-Men has a definite conclusion he's building to. Obviously they'll keep making more X-Men comics when he's done, but something like his F4/FF when all the council of Reeds and the death and return of Johnny Storm get resolved where you can tell it was a whole and complete story.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

I hope Hickman's X-Men has a definite conclusion he's building to. Obviously they'll keep making more X-Men comics when he's done, but something like his F4/FF when all the council of Reeds and the death and return of Johnny Storm get resolved where you can tell it was a whole and complete story.

I mean, it's Hickman. I feel like that's a pretty safe bet.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hickman says he has the ending already, it’s just the middle that can be extended/contracted depending on how long they want him on the X-Men.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Hickman says he has the ending already, it’s just the middle that can be extended/contracted depending on how long they want him on the X-Men.

After Powers of X can it be for a decade?

I'll admit I was lukewarm on House of X but Powers of X really did what Hickman said it would do and showed it from a whole different angle.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He should have to. Powers of Ten and all. Followed by Hickman +100, and Hickman +1,000

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that was the arc in avengers when steve travels forward in time with the time stone

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Right. There’s just no actual time travel in Powers of X yet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

that was the arc in avengers when steve travels forward in time with the time stone

Yeah it'd be Hickman1 then Hickman2 then Hickman3

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

Yeah it'd be Hickman1 then Hickman2 then Hickman3

Will we also get Hickman God, Hickman Blue and Hickman Ultra Instinct?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

The Question IRL posted:

Will we also get Hickman God, Hickman Blue and Hickman Ultra Instinct?

also Armored Hickman, Vehicle Combat Hickman, Arctic Camo Hickman...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Missile Assault Hickman blew up a school bus in Zimbabwe

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Endless Mike posted:

Jonathan: This all feels familiar, doesn't it, Hickman?
Jonathan: We participated in a genocide, Hickman.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Oppenheimer Wars but it’s Hickmans instead.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
couple weeks late, but im working through some backlog, and its a shame we only got 5 issues of domino hotshots. not spectacular but it was fun. at least it ended well

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Endless Mike posted:

He’s not Tom King.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

couple weeks late, but im working through some backlog, and its a shame we only got 5 issues of domino hotshots. not spectacular but it was fun. at least it ended well

I'll say!

I'm guessing that Simone planned for it to be the culmination of her run on the original ongoing series but the Hickman thing forced some rearrangement, causing the rushed, premature ending of the ongoing and immediate relaunch into a limited series.

She and David Baldeon are announced for Marvel 2000 or whatever that thing is called though, so I have hopes!!!!!!!!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Get your marvel themed weed seeds at your local lcs

https://twitter.com/IfSheBeWorthy/status/1157150257207136256?s=19

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

Get your marvel themed weed seeds at your local lcs

https://twitter.com/IfSheBeWorthy/status/1157150257207136256?s=19