Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
What is this poo poo

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/macys-bans-mom-jeans-plates-after-twitter-user-complains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

For shame, Macy's

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Has this debacle been turned into a photoshop Friday yet?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't get what was so offensive about Mom jeans?

https://youtu.be/2aVxNH6iN9I

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's rude to say moms are fat, lazy, and eat too much.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dad bod seems fine though

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mu Zeta posted:

Dad bod seems fine though

MMMMMISANDRY!!!!!!!

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
stop screaming, idiot

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1155679797223182337

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Using a mass shooting must sure be in the top three 'things you shouldn't do to promote your app' that they teach you at clickbait school.

Mind you, at least you can talk about it on his app, unlike these forums, so it does have that in its favour.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shut up Meg posted:

Mind you, at least you can talk about it on his app, unlike these forums, so it does have that in its favour.
Whut?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

There's been a mass shooting at a garlic festival and any threads relating to that in GBS get gassed without explanation.

It's a three day garlic festival. Who gets that mad about garlic??

Clearly the mods are in the pocket of Big Garlic.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Depending on the motivation it's either vampires or Wario

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
america sounds like hell on earth tbh

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Tired Moritz posted:

america sounds like hell on earth tbh

yeah it is

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Our marketing must be top notch though because people still want to come here.

America...it's toasted

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Krispy Wafer posted:

Our marketing must be top notch though because people still want to come here.

America...it's toasted

I mean, if you're fleeing from a place that's been a victim of US Foreign Policy, you might as well go to the place that has all the wealth looted from your homeland.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Shut up Meg posted:

There's been a mass shooting at a garlic festival and any threads relating to that in GBS get gassed without explanation.

Because mass shooting threads usually dissolve into politics chat, and politics aren't allowed in gbs. Check the rules thread.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

In other news, forever twenty one included Atkins diet bars as bonuses to clothing purchased online, and people are pissed about that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

value-brand cereal posted:

In other news, forever twenty one included Atkins diet bars as bonuses to clothing purchased online, and people are pissed about that.
What, is it 2004 again?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

"Hmmm, no one seems to be using our #pugsley or #lurch hashtags, but out engagement with #cousin, #grandma, and #wednesday is through the roof!" :downswords:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

There was something about that name...

Oh, right.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Doggles posted:

"Hmmm, no one seems to be using our #pugsley or #lurch hashtags, but out engagement with #cousin, #grandma, and #wednesday is through the roof!" :downswords:

The taglines for Gomez and Morticia are so :effort:. One is just another Thing joke, and one is a reference from loving 1988.

Not that the rest are Shakespeare, but those are the two main characters, put some effort into it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hyperhazard posted:

put some effort into it.

Why should it be different from the rest of the movie

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It's really rare I see an animation style and actively dislike it but god drat those character designs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's really rare I see an animation style and actively dislike it but god drat those character designs.

They look fine (and actually fairly close to the cartoon originals) as stills but goddamn in motion they're terrible.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Gomez looks weirdly round, and he's not weirdly round in any of the films or tv series', but he is weirdly round in the original New Yorker cartoons. So I'm conflicted.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Flipperwaldt posted:

There was something about that name...

Oh, right.

I don't know about the US, but in the UK green wellington boots are associated with farming and gardening and this would be a very normal marketing move.

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

Doggles posted:

They are working so hard at not making the Dreamworks face, but the rightmost column is having some trouble

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

bitterandtwisted posted:

I don't know about the US, but in the UK green wellington boots are associated with farming and gardening and this would be a very normal marketing move.

In the US, almost no-one wears wellingtons on the farm. We tend to wear heavy leather boots. Rubber boots are for muck. They're normally black here.

When I hear "Green Boots" I think about a landmark on Everest. Most people wouldn't think that but I went through a phase where I read a lot of books about Everest and watched every documentary I could.

I'm sure that, in the UK, it comes across fine.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

mostlygray posted:

In the US, almost no-one wears wellingtons on the farm. We tend to wear heavy leather boots. Rubber boots are for muck. They're normally black here.

When I hear "Green Boots" I think about a landmark on Everest. Most people wouldn't think that but I went through a phase where I read a lot of books about Everest and watched every documentary I could.

I'm sure that, in the UK, it comes across fine.

Because it rains most of the time in the knifecrime islands the farming work is also year-round mud-walking exercise. Anything not-rubber boot would be ruined in a week.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Shut up Meg posted:

Who the hell shoots up a garlic festival? I went to one a few years ago and it was hands down the best food festival I've ever been to.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

The taglines for Gomez and Morticia are so :effort:. One is just another Thing joke, and one is a reference from loving 1988.

Not that the rest are Shakespeare, but those are the two main characters, put some effort into it.

To be fair Straight Outta Compton was also the name of a popular movie recently. NWA have a lot more cultural relevance today than You Got Served.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hello fellow goths

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm ok with them all except Wednesday who looks.... terrible

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I don't like anything.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Bamabalacha posted:

Who the hell shoots up a garlic festival? I went to one a few years ago and it was hands down the best food festival I've ever been to.

I know, right?

and I want to know more about this 3 day garlic festival. It sounds like something the Simpsons would make up.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bamabalacha posted:

We've always wanted to go, but it's always insanely hot.those weekends which can cause certain health complications.

Maybe we were lucky.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Shut up Meg posted:

and I want to know more about this 3 day garlic festival. It sounds like something the Simpsons would make up.

It's been around forever. There's a charming documentary from 1980 about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQzDhqyKUDY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shut up Meg posted:

I know, right?

The area grows a lot of garlic