Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
The things I like are so good that they can only be disliked ironically

edit: this snipe sucks but I feel like Yossarian isn't done being ragged on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

Hating cth has become the left edgelord equivalent of telling everyone you hate the beatles

no one here "hates" chapo we just think taking an hour out of their "busy" week to schedule an interview with Gravel would have gotten him into the debates and the price of "oh no the teens might embarrass us" was one they should have been more than willing to pay

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

only edgelords could hate a podcast that makes a million dollars and produces some of the dumbest internet drama as it's contribution to left wing politics.

This is a neolib talking point about Bernie Sanders

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

This is a neolib talking point about Bernie Sanders

I wonder if theres a gigantic difference between bernie sanders, the man whos running for president after a lifetime of activism, and some guys (and a gal) with a podcast.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I wonder if theres a gigantic difference between bernie sanders, the man whos running for president after a lifetime of activism, and some guys (and a gal) with a podcast.

idk but people in this thread seem equally invested in both based on the outcry

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I think it’s shameful this thread would support a right-wing shill like Bernard Sanders.

The only acceptable candidate in 2020 is Undead Lenin.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Yossarian-22 posted:

idk but people in this thread seem equally invested in both based on the outcry

gently caress off bunny killer

Yossarian-22 posted:

That settles it! I'm cohabitating the animals and if my bunnies die I'm posting pics here to prove it! Adios!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

gently caress off bunny killer

I might shitpost and joke about killing bunnies but at least I'm not a bootlicking Uyghur concentration camp denier admin

Not interviewing mike gravel is a much more egregious crime against humanity admittedly. CANCEL CHAPO (not that I listen to or have ever listened to THEM)

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Jul 23, 2019

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Yossarian-22 posted:

I might shitpost and joke about killing bunnies but at least I'm not a bootlicking Uyghur concentration camp denier admin

Not interviewing mike gravel is a much more egregious crime against humanity admittedly. CANCEL CHAPO (not that I listen to or have ever listened to THEM)

seek help for whatever's going on here

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

seek help for whatever's going on here

I would, but unfortunately trying to get genocide deniers demoted is pretty fruitless at the end of the day

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the cth boys have money if they want good will they should pay for it imo

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
he's going to get a cabinet position at least. sorry i meant to say a casket position.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1156759356597313539?s=19
click thru, it was a grift all along.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

why does everyone think this is a grift?

i've seen posts in here lamenting the lack of leftist think tanks, this actually seems like a good thing?

and they're donating the donated campaign money as promised, this isn't a grift, this is them trying to get involved in politics

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1156759376079851521

like it's not world changing, but this seems like a net good thing overall?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

it good. i cant blame people for being skeptical/cynical

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I thought they were giving the rest of their funds to Flint. Is that not the case

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
This was just a loving grift to get an internship for the teens wasn't it. Cool

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

im on the net me boys posted:

I thought they were giving the rest of their funds to Flint.

They are still doing that, yes.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I thought they were giving the rest of their funds to Flint. Is that not the case

Seems like they are donating all their funds to charity, and also are starting up a leftist think tank. Some people are conflating the two.

Unless it turns out later that they donated the funds to their new think tank, in which case it is a grift.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Honestly so long as I still get my swag (compost the rich sticker!!) It was totally worth it for the tweets alone.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Crakkerjakk posted:

Seems like they are donating all their funds to charity, and also are starting up a leftist think tank. Some people are conflating the two.

Unless it turns out later that they donated the funds to their new think tank, in which case it is a grift.

It isn't at all clear that this is the case from the tweets

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Oh, I see https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1156792661258448901

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It isn't at all clear that this is the case from the tweets

It's perfectly clear unless you're choosing to read it in the worst possible light

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1156759370090328064

"we are donating our funds to charity and then also forming this think tank"

there ya go

Crakkerjakk posted:

Honestly so long as I still get my swag (compost the rich sticker!!) It was totally worth it for the tweets alone.

:hai: I don't regret the <$5 I spent on the Gravel campaign at all

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

well we had an okay run, all things considered. I hope the teens have a fun time at uni

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

well we had an okay run, all things considered. I hope the teens have a fun time at uni

i hope they have fun hooking up with all the other campaign staffers

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Ruzihm posted:

it good. i cant blame people for being skeptical/cynical

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

WampaLord posted:

i hope they have fun hooking up with all the other campaign staffers

Easily half the point of campaigning

Also true for making movies

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1158102933638197249

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

He’s going to endorse Tulsi and we’ll all have to start hating Mike Gravel. :sigh:

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Gravel went on Pod drat America and stated that his ideal progressive ticket to take on Trump was Bloomberg/Gabbard lmao.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

the rude teens realized they might be able to lose their virginities to some tulsi staffers and we ended up here, loving hell

endorse bernie cowards

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the teens sweating as they stare at two buttons called help save humanity or get laid

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they did more good than ill

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Uranium posted:

Gravel went on Pod drat America and stated that his ideal progressive ticket to take on Trump was Bloomberg/Gabbard lmao.

lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

why does everyone think this is a grift?

i've seen posts in here lamenting the lack of leftist think tanks, this actually seems like a good thing?

and they're donating the donated campaign money as promised, this isn't a grift, this is them trying to get involved in politics

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1156759376079851521

like it's not world changing, but this seems like a net good thing overall?

lol https://twitter.com/realMaxDinardo/status/1157696413855289347

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

buncha bitter boomers itt mad that the teens who accomplished more in 4 months than they have their entire lives are doing it wrong :sad:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the teens sweating as they stare at two buttons called help save humanity or get laid

world going to end anyway so get laid

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

never, ever encourage the fans. not even once. gently caress the fans

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The Gravel teens are great. But if the whole thing ends in an endorsement of Tulsi "Conversion Therapy" Gabbard, it's a huge disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

if they endorse anyone but Bernie I'm gonna find and wedgie every nerd in this thread