Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Motronic posted:

That actually has a bunch of sheet music on it. Unless they are really into making it look like someone plays it I'd say it getting played.

Plus a hymnal and a metronome. Definitely a church pianist's piano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I think that, in the US, "church pianist" outnumbers "plays for fun / is in a band pianist" by about 50:1.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

I must be broken inside, because I really like this.

Motronic posted:

There's nothing wrong with that room other than the lovely looking piano.

Look at how far above the waterline that room is. The "pre-ruined floor" look is very appropriate. In florida, it's not a matter of whether, but when, that room will be 8' deep in storm surge, and that's not even accounting for sea level rise.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Leperflesh posted:

The "pre-ruined floor" look is very appropriate.

That's not the floor. That is, or was, a trendy type of area rug. The faded or screen printed persian rug thing.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

The piano is begging to be pushed down those stairs.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

luxury handset posted:

Behold!

*snip*

Those places all look so... alien. :psyduck:

Like, I can't imagine human beings living in them. I don't know how else to describe it. Maybe it's partly a byproduct of them being sale photos, but they just don't look like homes.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Platystemon posted:

Just once I want to see a home listing with something other than a baby grand piano.

How about a tasteful harpsichord or an organ?

Make it a pipe organ. :getin:

When I was little I had a neighbor who had a harpsichord. I wasn't supposed to touch it but I did anyway.

She also had a real human skull in her office. The top was sawn off and it had little gold hinges and a little gold latch so you could open it up and look inside. (She was an ENT so it wasn't that weird that she had anatomical stuff, but still...) It had crooked teeth and I was scared of it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheMightyHandful posted:

You just try it

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

He plays piano in the dark

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

luxury handset posted:

Have a Blessed Day

what the gently caress is the point of all that space. absolutely none of it is functional

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The_White_Crane posted:

Like, I can't imagine human beings living in them. I don't know how else to describe it. Maybe it's partly a byproduct of them being sale photos, but they just don't look like homes.

i feel this was the worst one. funeral parlor vibes

quote:

:barf:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Leperflesh posted:

Look at how far above the waterline that room is. The "pre-ruined floor" look is very appropriate. In florida, it's not a matter of whether, but when, that room will be 8' deep in storm surge, and that's not even accounting for sea level rise.
The porch looks like it’s raised a few feet, and that is almost certainly a CBS frame with impact glass. There’s no basement, the house is built on a concrete slab.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

what the gently caress is the point of all that space. absolutely none of it is functional

imo pool tables are as common as baby grands in terms of filling floorspace in giant houses but they're not as funny as a piano wedged under the stairs, filling a piano nook, or awkwardly placed in some kind of passageway in an otherwise knick knack crammed room

also a lot of telescopes which when placed next to a piano gives me a definite Sims vibe. i looked for a combination of telescope, chess table, and piano all in one shot, or the holy grail of a piano with a wall sword behind it, but no luck

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

luxury handset posted:

imo pool tables are as common as baby grands in terms of filling floorspace in giant houses but they're not as funny as a piano wedged under the stairs, filling a piano nook, or awkwardly placed in some kind of passageway in an otherwise knick knack crammed room

also a lot of telescopes which when placed next to a piano gives me a definite Sims vibe. i looked for a combination of telescope, chess table, and piano all in one shot, or the holy grail of a piano with a wall sword behind it, but no luck

There goes all my ideas...

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

luxury handset posted:

We actually had all of these growing up

Granddad was ex navy officer so we had sword and telescope, I learned to play chess on the gaming table, and I had five years of forced piano lessons due to the baby grand

The baby grand was in my bedroom because I was the youngest child and by the time I came along the biggest room in the house was where everything that didn't fit anywhere else went, and that meant bookshelves, a ping pong table, and the baby grand. When I needed a room of my own they just moved some bookcases to form right angles and presto, new kid's room

I wasn't allowed to play under the baby grand because it had one bad leg and there was a fear it could collapse at any moment

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

TheMightyHandful posted:

we'll get rid of the piano, that way dave will never know

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

The_White_Crane posted:

not this poo poo again

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

First noticed this one because of the fabulous roofline. Sorry for all the pictures, it's a huge house and I'm trying to show most spots of interest w/o showing you 90 pics.

Getting slightly dizzy from the very first interior shot, which is a good sign.

Piano nook with wine.

Uncomfortable? Sitting nook?

That courtyard is actually pretty great, with this cool path through a koi pond, but this shows the size relative to everything else and just shows me how bloated the house is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

sword and telescope

This sounds like a upscale lifestyle magazine for pirates.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Or one edited by Jack Aubrey and Steven Maturin.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

You better bite your tongue Billy Jean before I go give your house a foyer! Just call my personal contractor and straight up give your house a splendid foyer! You know the type of foyer I build! Columns so fine it looks like a temple in a garden! Pianos made from authentic elderly elephants! Decor with classy imagry like tigers and ferns and stately classic statues! Ooo! Mamma mia what a foyer! This foyer will render any foyer you've seen obsolete! Don't believe me?! Then keep talking poo poo because I am literally 3 seconds away from slam dunking this God-tier dream foyer directly into your house's entrance!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Or one edited by Jack Aubrey and Steven Maturin.

Maybe they'll publish this series of interior design photos I took recently

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

or a Hipster bar masquerading as a british pub.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
any bar named sword and telescope is 100% guaranteed to be awesome

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

PRADA SLUT posted:

“X & Y” is the lamest bar/restaurant naming convention for any place opened after the Napoleonic Wars and you should be ashamed.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

drat i want to see this in person

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Phil Moscowitz posted:

“X & Y” is the lamest bar/restaurant naming convention for any place opened after the Napoleonic Wars and you should be ashamed.

any bar named napoleonic wars and you should be ashamed is 100% guaranteed to be awesome

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

This sounds like a horrible nerd bar

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

let's go, matey!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

We actually had all of these growing up

Granddad was ex navy officer so we had sword and telescope, I learned to play chess on the gaming table, and I had five years of forced piano lessons due to the baby grand

The baby grand was in my bedroom because I was the youngest child and by the time I came along the biggest room in the house was where everything that didn't fit anywhere else went, and that meant bookshelves, a ping pong table, and the baby grand. When I needed a room of my own they just moved some bookcases to form right angles and presto, new kid's room

I wasn't allowed to play under the baby grand because it had one bad leg and there was a fear it could collapse at any moment

also lmao I love it

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Not an interior and all but gently caress it

https://twitter.com/drgitlin/status/1157055715384659968/photo/1

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Those are awesome, thanks for sharing!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Those are awesome, thanks for sharing!

Think what this thread would be if all the pianos were cannon instead

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 2, 2019

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

This is a spa you go to to come back a stepford wife.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

circus

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

PetraCore posted:

First noticed this one because of the fabulous roofline. Sorry for all the pictures, it's a huge house and I'm trying to show most spots of interest w/o showing you 90 pics.

Getting slightly dizzy from the very first interior shot, which is a good sign.

Looks like a fuckin....sci-fi monastery.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

big dyke energy posted:

Looks like a fuckin....sci-fi monastery.

That's what it reminded me of!

https://i.imgur.com/qF35DQP.gifv

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh jesus christ

bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

How melted does your brain have to be to install a TV in every room, saturating every sightline with fox news? Also I can see the TV's in bed being a marriage ender.