Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So the next game from Zachtronics is... A visual novel? :confused:

Shouldn't really be confusing if you've played opus magnum or exapunks. But I do wonder what the gameplay part will be like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played any of them but how does that guy make games so quickly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He's probably a bona fide genius

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You should play some they're all really cool.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chev posted:

Shouldn't really be confusing if you've played opus magnum or exapunks. But I do wonder what the gameplay part will be like.

Counseling sessions getting a little too real? Relax with Kabufuda Solitaire, a new take on solitaire using Japanese kabufuda cards.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I was gonna play Doom 2016 on UV this month, as sort of a way to hype up for Eternal, but I'm in the middle of building a new PC and I think I want to use Doom to break that in. So in the meantime I'll probably play Wolfenstein The New Order, which looks sick as hell.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Counseling sessions getting a little too real? Relax with Kabufuda Solitaire, a new take on solitaire using Japanese kabufuda cards.

Wind down between patients by doing your circuit design homework!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dreamless posted:

Wind down between patients by doing your circuit design homework!

yeah, all my friends are some flavor of software engineer or computer scientist and they absolutely go gaga for zachtronics games and pick up every one at launch, and stick with them until the point where they realize they're essentially doing their day job, for entertainment. this cycle has repeated itself multiple times but they still grab up zachtronics stuff as it comes out. inscrutable.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 1, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Relax Or DIE posted:

Yeah the rest of the bosses had neat designs, so I always kind of wondered if giant boob witch was an in joke or Kickstarter backer goal or something. I think she's in the logo for the new game so

Lmao. "What's the deal with these giant boobs? There must be a backstory here!"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mzbundifund posted:

You should play some they're all really cool.

They hurt my brain :saddowns:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I love when they ran Momodora at gdq and when they fought boob witch they were like "this boss is the thumbnail for 100% of videos of this game" and of course when they posted it on YouTube, that fight was the thumbnail.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Gripweed posted:

Lmao. "What's the deal with these giant boobs? There must be a backstory here!"

I demand to know all the boob lore a game had to offer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

yeah, all my friends are some flavor of software engineer or computer scientist and they absolutely go gaga for zachtronics games and pick up every one at launch, and stick with them until the point where they realize they're at the point where they're essentially doing their day job, for entertainment. this cycle has repeated itself multiple times but they still grab up zachtronics stuff as it comes out. inscrutable.

This is me, except the reason why I fall off is my capacity for learning is outweighed by distraction from a flashy AAA game and then afterwards I try to return to the game, jump back into my save and realize I've forgotten all the lessons I needed to get to that point, and slink away in shame only to do the same thing in six months

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I finally got around to playing Darksiders III for about 6 hours over the past few days and I think many critics were probably too harsh on it at the time, like it's a perfectly fine B-tier hack & slash in the vein of God of War. It looks good, the combat is fun, the world design is neat, the plot is whole bunch of whatever but the voice actress for Fury is doing her best Claudia Black impersonation so that's entertaining enough. My biggest criticisms are that you can't rebind the gamepad controls and dodge is on R1, which is totally unnatural to me, especially because there's no reason why it couldn't be on B/Circle like every sensible action game out there. Also the various Dark Souls trappings that they added in like soul shards you crush for EXP and the estus equivalent really don't add anything to the experience. It's not a particularly difficult game but it doesn't feel like there's any reason for them to be there besides wanting to feel more soulslike. Anyway that's my story folks, Darksiders III is a very playable and totally fine game.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Even after discovering it wasn't Claudia Black I still thought it was Claudia Black.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Who the hell put Devil May Cry and Painkiller into the telepod from The Fly?

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Does Games still have that "help me remember a game" thread? There's a game from like, 2000 that was a top-down shooter set in space where you customized your ship and collected resources and stuff and I am blanking hard on the name. Kinda interested in trying to dig it up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

I finally got around to playing Darksiders III for about 6 hours over the past few days and I think many critics were probably too harsh on it at the time, like it's a perfectly fine B-tier hack & slash in the vein of God of War. It looks good, the combat is fun, the world design is neat, the plot is whole bunch of whatever but the voice actress for Fury is doing her best Claudia Black impersonation so that's entertaining enough. My biggest criticisms are that you can't rebind the gamepad controls and dodge is on R1, which is totally unnatural to me, especially because there's no reason why it couldn't be on B/Circle like every sensible action game out there. Also the various Dark Souls trappings that they added in like soul shards you crush for EXP and the estus equivalent really don't add anything to the experience. It's not a particularly difficult game but it doesn't feel like there's any reason for them to be there besides wanting to feel more soulslike. Anyway that's my story folks, Darksiders III is a very playable and totally fine game.

:psyduck:

Having dodge on the shoulder buttons is way better than on the face buttons. There is no excuse for not being able to rebind keys though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 1, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baller Ina posted:

Does Games still have that "help me remember a game" thread? There's a game from like, 2000 that was a top-down shooter set in space where you customized your ship and collected resources and stuff and I am blanking hard on the name. Kinda interested in trying to dig it up.

Escape Velocity?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1157028382548344832?s=09

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/thewhippasnappa/status/1156595571211276288

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Well, if it isn't

Canister

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:psyduck:

Having dodge on the shoulder buttons is way better than on the face buttons. There is no excuse for not being able to rebind keys though.

Only Platinum games really have this configuration, and it's only because witch time specials in Bayonetta require pressing a face button which would be difficult to do if they were both mapped to face buttons. And even then they use R2, which is a way more natural feeling button than R1. Basically every other action game I have played in the past 10 years uses a face button for dodge, this isn't an uncommon occurrence.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Baller Ina posted:

Could it be StarScape?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's crazy that they still haven't come out with a Switch Fit

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

This reminds me of that goofy Dante's Inferno game that EA made a while back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Only Platinum games really have this configuration, and it's only because witch time specials in Bayonetta require pressing a face button which would be difficult to do if they were both mapped to face buttons. And even then they use R2, which is a way more natural feeling button than R1. Basically every other action game I have played in the past 10 years uses a face button for dodge, this isn't an uncommon occurrence.

Arcane counters in DS3 fit that criteria too.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Baller Ina posted:

Jets'n'Guns?

Thread here by the way https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

Caffeinated Jerkoff fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 1, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

That's a side-scroller.

It owns though, absolutely delivers in both the Jets and Guns departments

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Visiting my parents over summer and I found skies of Arcadia legends and some other GameCube games and a memory card. I hope my old rear end wii still works because I am dying to replay this beauty

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gripweed posted:

drifting weight

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gripweed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s46efcroQ0

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Hwurmp posted:

Could it be StarScape?

Motherfucker I think you've done it. I knew it had a hyper-generic name but I just couldn't remember it. I'll know once I investigate further but I think this is it, many thanks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am trying to understand how the Ninja / Mixer partnership makes sense. Ninja sold out to Microsoft to have an exclusive partnership with Mixer, starting today. The thing is though is that his average viewership on Twitch is significantly bigger than the entire viewership of Mixer. Is this really going to grow his brand and popularity? If not, then what was the point?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I said come in! posted:

I am trying to understand how the Ninja / Mixer partnership makes sense. Ninja sold out to Microsoft to have an exclusive partnership with Mixer, starting today. The thing is though is that his average viewership on Twitch is significantly bigger than the entire viewership of Mixer. Is this really going to grow his brand and popularity? If not, then what was the point?

Macaluso posted:

The actual news: word is he signed a 6 year contract with Microsoft for 932 MILLION DOLLARS

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Microsoft is probably giving him shitloads of money.

edit: ☝🏽

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
loving hell

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holy poo poo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I said come in! posted:

I imagine he was offered "gently caress you" levels of money, making the actual streaming revenue almost irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The worlds first gamer billionaire