Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spit on my clit posted:

shut the gently caress up guy goodbody nobody cares about your opinions, quit pretending that the US has to get involved specifically with venezuela for them to rise up, they were starving to the point where they had to eat the zoo animals because maduro hosed their country up to the point its at, and if that doesn't say "coup time", i don't know what does.

see those aren't opinions those are just facts, yet again. go back to the shapiro show, where you came from

Another fact is that America is explicitly caused that crisis through decades worth of sanctions and deniable operations meant to destabilize the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"I have defended, and will continue to defend genocide" - mizpiz, ignoring the venezuelan condition so they can say #muhcommunizm 2019

unpopular: bottled water is worth the purchase

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Aug 1, 2019

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
All workers should rise up against corporations and their puppet states.

This will never happen because we're all tired from work and crab mentality.

And embarrassed millionaire syndrome.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

All workers should rise up against corporations and their puppet states.

This will never happen because we're all tired from work and crab mentality.

And embarrassed millionaire syndrome.

no, communism is the crab mentality. you have to be miserable, poor, and in poor health 24/7 so that one guy at the top can watch upon his ant colony in peace. if one upset worker thinks about freedom for one second, the local police must be alerted so the heinous offender can be dragged to the gulags where nobody can hear their desperate cries for help

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm otherwise all in for the death of capitalism but don't call people "workers".

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Demographics are upside down due to advances in medicine and everyone else voting against their own interests for populist, revisionist, nonsense.

Ben Franklin would puke his guts out at how sad and afraid we all are. Before his morning beers.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

spit on my clit posted:

no, communism is the crab mentality. you have to be miserable, poor, and in poor health 24/7 so that one guy at the top can watch upon his ant colony in peace. if one upset worker thinks about freedom for one second, the local police must be alerted so the heinous offender can be dragged to the gulags where nobody can hear their desperate cries for help

The USSR is not communism. It is/was a sad mess of authoritarianism.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

I'm otherwise all in for the death of capitalism but don't call people "workers".

that's what people are under communism. not people, but workers. communism is the death of "self", just a colony of bees working for some wretched gently caress at the top. they don't even get the honey, just the sight of it. it's like a field of beans, sprouting up and being plucked before they can really exist, all to be boiled and devoured by one greater than themselves. is that really the future you commies want? subjecting yourselves to the horrors and terrors of communism just because you hate yourself? gently caress that. go to the mirror and tell that person you see that you love em for who they are, and that you're glad they're not shackled by a fascist, communist government. how can you enjoy freedom if you don't have it? are you a person, or a measly bean?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The USSR is not communism. It is/was a sad mess of authoritarianism.

it was communism. just because it wasn't the perfect paradise you envision a communist society to be, doesn't mean it wasn't what it was.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

spit on my clit posted:

fascist, communist government.

:brainworms:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah i really regret saying that because now every dipshit from D&D is gonna flood into the thread to go ACKSHUALLY

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

spit on my clit posted:

it was communism. just because it wasn't the perfect paradise you envision a communist society to be, doesn't mean it wasn't what it was.

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

slightly related to communism-speak, that's a good way of summing up karl marx. "WAH I HATE MYSELF AND EVERYONE AROUND ME HOW ABOUT THIS: EVERYONE BE MISERABLE AND IF ANYONE DARES TO BE HAPPY WE REVOLT AGAINST THEM"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I was going to ask how it was possible that you've never heard of Iceland or Mozambique but I think I understand now.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

I was going to ask how it was possible that you've never heard of Iceland or Mozambique but I think I understand now.

I've heard of the places, I just haven't gone.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

spit on my clit posted:

slightly related to communism-speak, that's a good way of summing up karl marx. "WAH I HATE MYSELF AND EVERYONE AROUND ME HOW ABOUT THIS: EVERYONE BE MISERABLE AND IF ANYONE DARES TO BE HAPPY WE REVOLT AGAINST THEM"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah, this is basically how it goes. "it'll work this time, bah gawd!"

spoiler: it did not work out

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

spit on my clit posted:

yeah, this is basically how it goes. "it'll work this time, bah gawd!"

spoiler: it did not work out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That is the fault of our politicians who aren't willing to do what it takes to accomplish our military goals. We have people advocating for never using nuclear weapons in a first strike - that completely defeats the point of the nuclear deterrent. All our enemies have to do is not use nukes and they can do whatever they want, and all we'll do is some limited lukewarm response of launching some cruise missiles, maybe bombing an airfield after warning everyone so they could evacuate it, etc.

Citation : Scroll excavated in Rome, dated c. 450AD.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also lol at some American rear end in a top hat living in Europe arguing that the US should do more to terrorise the rest of the world and inflict suffering on lesser nations.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

https://youtu.be/aiQpRQeIiHY

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So when do the nukes fall on Sweden to save the rapper

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

Being American is a form of mental illness.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

spit on my clit posted:

unpopular: bottled water is worth the purchase
Are you a spokesman for Nestle?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So when do the nukes fall on Sweden to save the rapper

Your elderly president attempted to bully us and when he couldnt he cried about it on twitter. Your nation is a disgrace

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Collapsing Farts posted:

Your elderly president attempted to bully us and when he couldnt he cried about it on twitter. Your nation is a disgrace

Are you confusing me for someone that thinks the US is Good?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

spit on my clit posted:

shut the gently caress up guy goodbody nobody cares about your opinions, quit pretending that the US has to get involved specifically with venezuela for them to rise up, they were starving to the point where they had to eat the zoo animals because maduro hosed their country up to the point its at, and if that doesn't say "coup time", i don't know what does.

see those aren't opinions those are just facts, yet again. go back to the shapiro show, where you came from

LMAO Guaido literally rolled up to Venezuela, said "I am president now, please defect to me, army" and like fifty dudes joined him. He stood at the border looking dumb for like a day and then left and the troops who joined him are now living in exile in Brazil

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lol, the whole American establishment got owned by an incompetent dictator who can barely feed his soldiers, yet they still chose to stick with him rather than get in bed with Washington.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

lol what? We haven't won a war in decades. Iran has been effortlessly styling on us for years. North Korea made our president look like the moron he is. We can't even do a successful coup in Venezuela anymore!

We can defeat the military of just about any other country pretty handily in the context of a traditional war or a total war scenario. What gives us trouble is occupations and dealing with insurgent forces that fight asymmetrically

spit on my clit posted:

a fascist, communist government.

Well, which is it?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Collapsing Farts posted:

Our nation being a disgrace is part of our national identity :patriot:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

christmas boots posted:

We can defeat the military of just about any other country pretty handily in the context of a traditional war or a total war scenario.

OK. That hasn't happened in like 70 years but if it ever does I'm sure we'll kick rear end. If Napoleon rises from his grave conquers Europe and then tries to march on Washington, we'll be ready! But if literally any thing else happens we'll continue to eat poo poo.

christmas boots posted:

What gives us trouble is occupations and dealing with insurgent forces that fight asymmetrically

yeah the wars we keep choosing to start are the exact kind of wars we suck at and lose. We're a dumbass fuckup country that spends trillions of dollars on a military that get's it's poo poo wrecked by dudes simply choosing to engage us in any kind of warfare other than mass tank battles.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This reminds me of that Russian music video about how they can defeat Sweden in six weeks unless NATO intervenes. Collapsing Farts and Guy Goodbody will eat crow when that entirely plausible scenario comes to pass and Are Boys save their Nordic asses.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyPsqsH8I4M

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

christmas boots posted:

We can defeat the military of just about any other country pretty handily in the context of a traditional war or a total war scenario. What gives us trouble is occupations and dealing with insurgent forces that fight asymmetrically

As long as we're fighting someone in traditional military engagements where our opponent is not only strictly following the laws of war, but also following a predetermined strategy, we're pretty good at war.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Guaido is a boob

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

THE problem is America keeps fighting wars on other countries terms when we need to fight them on our terms

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

MizPiz posted:

As long as we're fighting someone in traditional military engagements where our opponent is not only strictly following the laws of war, but also following a predetermined strategy, we're pretty good at war.

I mean, yeah.

I’m not claiming America doesn’t suck. But the fact that we possess the military force to “make any country our bitch” is not mutually exclusive with “we’re not very good at holding territory in conquered lands and fighting insurgents” because we are fully capable of losing in that sense while still walking away almost perfectly intact and leaving the country that “beat” us in a state of absolute devastation and disorder

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the anti-american dipshits are why we don't do politics here, it devolves to a lot of tinfoil-esque "AMERICA IS LITERALLY THE ILLUMINATI" bs about literally any problem anywhere in the world, and nobody can argue against that kind of insanity because they'd have to be as insane as you are to understand what you're talking about. unrelated to the previous sentence, of course america can't make any country its bitch, we couldn't take vietnam for fucks sake. if we were innocent, we wouldn't have invaded, but we sure as hell ain't mega-hitler 2.0 the nation

Grouchio posted:

Are you a spokesman for Nestle?

I can not confirm nor deny this, but what I can confirm is that having plastic bottles for re-use is really nice

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Aug 1, 2019

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tiggum posted:

We should leave this thread to spit on my clit, yeah I eat rear end and Gripweed. When it comes to unpopular opinions, no one else can compete. They're on another level.

Agreed. And this is one of my favorite threads on this forum. I don't generally post in it to avoid disturbing the natural environment of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

People wasted their time asking for a black James Bond. It's a tired dumb franchise.

They should've been asking for a black Austin Powers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
phuo: this is definitely my favourite thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

People wasted their time asking for a black James Bond. It's a tired dumb franchise.

They should've been asking for a black Austin Powers

did you even watch black dynamite