Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Seriously please explain how a dude posting about stalking and taking photos of complete loving strangers is A-OK but being weirded the gently caress out about that behavior crosses a line.

Uglycat posted:

He's awash in some of the most progressive, informed, and intelligent 'forums' on the internet (though somethingawful rivals it, if not dwarfs). The Internet Research Agency didn't get much penetration in that town, because I was calling out many of their moves as they made them, and I was out on the streets taking portraits of every one of them, posting them on facebook, and tagging them in - so everyone in the city /actually got to know/ everyone in the city (ensuring the sockpuppets really stand out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Oh Snapple! posted:

Seriously please explain how a dude posting about stalking and taking photos of complete loving strangers is A-OK but being weirded the gently caress out about that behavior crosses a line.

imagine every person in a city of 100k uses a photo you took as their fb profile pic

it was pretty coo

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Uglycat posted:

imagine every person in a city of 100k uses a photo you took as their fb profile pic

it was pretty coo

what the fuuuuuuuuuuck

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, by this reveal

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

is pepsi ok posted:

what the fuuuuuuuuuuck

It's a good strategy for ensuring every post you make enters the feed of every person within a particular city.

e: here's the photos I took of the black bloc march on j20
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10102506441552887&set=a.10102506430914207&type=3&theater

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 1, 2019

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1156738534126030849?s=21

Looks like Tulsi’s exposure of Kamala’s republican record is sticking

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tylersayten posted:

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1156738534126030849?s=21

Looks like Tulsi’s exposure of Kamala’s republican record is sticking

I'm just happy Shaun has found a cop he won't collaborate with.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
More Kamala awfulness headed your way!

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1157040868244672513?s=21

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

God bless Big Dave.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Uglycat posted:

A consensus among those on the bus to have you aboard.

Help with navigation, child care, diesel jugging, dumpster diving are all useful aboard; good with building, cooking, digging, chopping wood and hauling water is good when we're camped. Bum stuff talents can be useful, but this is a kid-friendly (two aboard), no-shwill bus.

e: oh yeah, you an' all your poo poo have to fit in the space available, and your pack should be designed well enough that you can meet your (modest) needs on the road.

Is this a cult? What the gently caress is going on

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
All of my friends seem to be coming out for Warren. That's basically everyone who was a Clinton fan 2 years ago. Thankfully nobody has been a fan of Biden for the last 2-3 months but yeah, not seeing much Sanders support. I hope he wins but the power of the media is against him and I think the best I can hope for now is a Warren candidacy. At least Harris and Pete B have not risen too much in the polls. Living in San Jose here.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Terror Sweat posted:

apparently dumpster diving is a life we should be aspiring to :confused:

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Condiv posted:

there's no ethical consumption under late capitalism

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
pete's gonna give us the shoes and jumpsuits and bill us for the costs

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Oh I guess its really cool to mock a homeless person if they don't stan Bernie.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Terror Sweat posted:

I see you're not familiar with Uglycat's posts.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Uglycat posted:

i don't think there's an ethical problem with dumpster diving

merely a "i'd rather not eat trash" problem

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Condiv posted:

You don't always eat trash. Sometimes you wear it or use it as furniture!

(or so I've heard...)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
sometimes you find a plump, juicy, rat in that trash, and hoo boy it's christmas in july then!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

Oh I guess its really cool to mock a homeless person if they don't stan Bernie.

It’s very good actually.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Setting aside the calabanibal and assuming you're talking about actual biden voters

1) Half of Americans have a sub-100 IQ, and

2) "In the midterm elections, according to CNN exit polls, 56 percent of voters were over age 50, and about a quarter (26 percent) were 65 or over. By comparison, voters under age 30 accounted for just 13 percent — and it was a good year for youth turnout." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/opinion/democrats-republicans-senior-voters-aarp-.html

Biden voters all have brain melt too, just like trump voters.

That's only because they grade it on a curve.

If judged objectively, average IQ scores went way up during the 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect#Rise_in_IQ

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

I'm just happy Shaun has found a cop he won't collaborate with.

Are you thinking of somebody else? I thought Shaun King is a pretty good guy, especially at advocating for racial justice and is anti-police.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
and IQ measures your ability to take IQ tests

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Condiv posted:

Dumpster diving is fine. Do you think people go in search of rotting leftovers to chow down on? I’ve eaten “expired” dumpster food more than once, and it was delicious.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Condiv posted:

dumpster diving is good though. in your rush to try to condemn uglycat you've revealed your bourgeois sensibilities

eke out fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 2, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was under the impression shaun was a bernard brother.

the yelling thing was pretty dumb because 1. we want someone who cares enough 2. some people have naturally loud voices

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

Uglycat posted:

He's got you there, chum

2 points to the kitty cat

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Succ Dems want to whine about Bernie being loud at a public forum and want to pretend Kamala’s crimes against the working people of this country is a conspiracy against her lol

Biden either doubled his support last night or he is now collapsing.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

eke out posted:

dumpster diving is good though. in your rush to try to condemn uglycat you've revealed your bourgeois sensibilities

if he's fine with that lifestyle, that's fine

i just don't know why people were actually advocating for others to adopt it in this thread

Loucks posted:

Dumpster diving is fine. Do you think people go in search of rotting leftovers to chow down on? I’ve eaten “expired” dumpster food more than once, and it was delicious.

ok. i don't think it'd be for me though

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

He's got you there, chum

2 points to the kitty cat

no-one argued that dumpster diving was unethical :confused:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 2, 2019

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

The Glumslinger posted:

I heard that line last night, when she was asked about fighting climate change. I was like, its a decent line, but answer the loving question. You had time for your funny soundbite in you opening speech.

Tinder said she saw Klobuchar for the first time this month at the Lee County Democrats’ picnic.

“She really had me hyped up. She used the line, ‘All foam no beer,’ and I was like, yes! Relating, speaking in ways that we can relate as citizens.”

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Nonsense posted:

Succ Dems want to whine about Bernie being loud at a public forum and want to pretend Kamala’s crimes against the working people of this country is a conspiracy against her lol

Biden either doubled his support last night or he is now collapsing.

I know people who hate Kamala and Biden who still think Bernie's loud, but I mean, I get that we can't criticize Bernie on anything.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Some of the most dedicated Bernie stans I know think he's hideous. They won't shut up about his ugly rear end face

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

I know people who hate Kamala and Biden who still think Bernie's loud, but I mean, I get that we can't criticize Bernie on anything.

It is such a superficial complaint compared to the flaws with the rest of the candidates, so it isn't shocking few find it a compelling one.

Like imagine if someone was complaining about the voice or speaking style of Harris or Warren as their main complaint?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

Because it's an incredibly superficial and subjective complaint even in the best cases. There's nothing wrong with being loud.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
If you actually are curious about dumpster diving, Lars Eighner's "On Dumpster Diving" is a pretty fascinating, humorous, and quick read.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jaxyon posted:

it's such a weak criticism of a presidential candidate why would you even bother? might as well say you won't vote for him cause his hair is unkempt

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

A little bit of that plus a little bit of "you're not motivated to try and paint every single thing he does and says in the worst possible light"

He's never come across to me as yelling :shrug:

Yeah. I'm a man, but a man with an anxiety disorder coming from a pair of households with a lot of angry yelling, who completely lost all tolerance for it after not being around it a while in college.
Yelling is one of the fastest ways to get me close to an anxiety attack, but Bernie never registered as that to me, even without knowing the whole thing about Jewish people yelling. It feels like a completely different thing to me.

Like, I can't really blame some women for reacting strongly to it, but usually when I read about how women feel when men yell it's a little embarrassing because I feel exactly the same way despite being a man, and this is a big exception for some reason.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Captain France posted:

Like, I can't really blame some women for reacting strongly to it, but usually when I read about how women feel when men yell it's a little embarrassing because I feel exactly the same way despite being a man, and this is a big exception for some reason.

It's because it's extremely clear why he's yelling: he's mad as poo poo about human suffering.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
A very weak criticism that 4 people immediately jumped on.

No poo poo it's a weak criticism, but it still causes people to not like him. It also causes some people to like him more.

My point, before people dicided that every criticism must be fought, was that different people react different ways to a dude yelling.

I know people who dislike Bernie because he's an old white dude too. These people exist and vote in primaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

It's interesting, if you look back at older footage Bernie doesn't shout at all. Did he deliberately cultivate his current loud style? A strategy to intimidate women? Or to appear more Jewish and proactively head off accusations of anti-semitism for his hatred of Israel?