Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Welcome, be sure to check out the bookmark feature in your settings to never lose a good thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You can also write down the URL in a creepy steno-pad with lots of drawings of knifes and scary stuff in the margins.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This thread got unstuck and forgotten. Shame because it's been really useful.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

super sweet best pal posted:

This thread got unstuck and forgotten. Shame because it's been really useful.

Yeah this should be a permanent sticky

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snowy posted:

Yeah this should be a permanent sticky

Really? I unstuck bc it wasn’t getting much traffic.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

That's because you don't feature my threads.

I hope you learn from your mistake.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Literally A Person posted:

That's because you don't feature my threads.

I hope you learn from your mistake.

I think the fact that hundreds of SA readers haven’t posted your threads here, speaks for itself.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

I think the fact that hundreds of SA readers haven’t posted your threads here, speaks for itself.

These plebeians? Please.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879589

this thread details all of the bugs and strategies for the Paradox: Dawn of Chaos game. If your Jeb! has died due to a bug, or your Avocado War event won't trigger it may have an explanation for a strategy for how to work around it.

From the OP:

quote:

Hi folks! We here at Paradox Interactive are extremely excited to bring you our latest grand strategy title, Dawn of Chaos IV, covering covering the tumultuous events from 2001 all the way to the end of the Second Water War. We're targeting a 1.0 release sometime in late 198 A.C., but we already have an early alpha build playable for pre-order purchasers of Gold-Tier or higher. We've got an ambitious feature list with lots of changes from DoC III, including the much-requested overhauls of the nuclear warfare and space combat mechanics, as well as a much more dynamic system for modeling the degradation of the Earth's ecological resources that occurred during this period in history.

if you don't make it to C-spam often it's worth a look.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

pseudanonymous posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879589

this thread details all of the bugs and strategies for the Paradox: Dawn of Chaos game. If your Jeb! has died due to a bug, or your Avocado War event won't trigger it may have an explanation for a strategy for how to work around it.

From the OP:

if you don't make it to C-spam often it's worth a look.

Heavy_D posted:

So I've been playing a NA campaign on Realistic to avoid any major divergences. It was pretty hard work early on - the game still randomises wind direction after the bomb, and it went east this game which is about as damaging as it gets. I've just got past the Six Californias Fire while acquiring the critical population centres for New New Mexico (see map below). I'm just about to begin the Siege of Los Angeles but all my forces keep getting hit with Fake Flu, and even with the coastline I have I can't desalinate enough water to treat it effectively. Anyone got any tips? I've thought about releasing Ocasio from prison early for the morale boost, but besides being ahistorical I can't see how I'll survive the heat without that to fall back on later.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Burt Sexual posted:

Could I suggest an announcement about this thread be made in the various subforums? Not everybody reads GBS and they may be sitting on some gold...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pershing posted:

Could I suggest an announcement about this thread be made in the various subforums? Not everybody reads GBS and they may be sitting on some gold...

Wait....what?! I’ll stick again for a while. I just don’t like too many stickies.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Wait....what?! I’ll stick again for a while. I just don’t like too many stickies.

I like when a solid young chap gives me a good sticky. You know, the kind that makes you walk funny in the morning.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Why'd they nuke Hagerstown?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Literally A Person posted:

I like when a solid young chap gives me a good sticky. You know, the kind that makes you walk funny in the morning.

Post a good thread that you’ve made that is active in 10 minutes or face the wrath of Burt spurt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Legos Megathread

The Legos Megathread is for any and all discussion on the classic Danish building brick, Legos. Lots of talk of new stuff coming out, sales happening and deals to be found, new parts being designed and what they can be used for, and a good amount of people posting their own creations. There's some really amazing stuff people custom build in that thread, here's some examples of posts of stuff people in the thread have made:

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

So I just made a thing.

I'll be honest, the crane boom is straight from 42009 and the grabber from 42020, but I find pure Technic pretty difficult to MOC.

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I realised I could cannibalise a couple of parts from my Benny's Spaceship to make the front look a bit better:

Carbohydrates posted:

Tiny House & Chevy C10

My partner had a request: a minifig scale, fully functional tiny house. They wanted a lofted sleeping area, painted siding, and a wood-colored interior. They also wanted it to open down the middle, dollhouse-style. So I made one! And then I decided it needed a truck to tow it around, so I built a 1970 C10 with the custom trim package.

It features a kitchen with sink and microwave, a bathroom with toilet and shower, stairs with built-in shelving that lead to the bed, and a table with chairs that stow on the wall. The exterior features painted siding, gas and battery power, and folding wheel chocks to hold it in place when it's not being transported. They also act as supports for the half that folds open.

The truck (pictured without hitch) is a relatively straightforward build. I'm happy with the shaping and color blocking, but my favorite detail is definitely the small body panel gap between the cab and the bed.

and a post of some stuff I built myself

Captain Invictus posted:

Anyways, bulk buy stuff that I kept and built myself! I bought multiple of the same set and only used the pieces in those sets to try and build something unique without outside parts.

3x Exosuits:

2x Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship!:

2x Emperor Zurg:

like 4-6 of these little creator cranes(?) that came in little green-topped plastic containers:

2x yellow Creator Cars from a while back:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Post a good thread that you’ve made that is active in 10 minutes or face the wrath of Burt spurt.

Pfft.

Easy.

What are you working on?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894559

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

2700 reads lmao. Engaging. But mission accomplished

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I didn’t see this thread yet but it definitely deserves a mention.

It’s the let’s watch awesome documentaries thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3269030&perpage=40

It’s a pretty long thread and there is lots of great stuff on the first page alone. Definitely worth a look if you are interested in watching something with a little more meat.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
My favorite reoccurring thread on the forums for a long time have been the FYAD Goonlulz threads; all of the past ones being in the FYAD goldmine, and that link goes to the currently live one, which starts a bit slow if you start from page one, but does get rolling.

The goonlulz threads are a place to re-post funny, weird and absurd stuff from across the forums. Basically, whatever part of SA you're interested in; whether the burger thread in the subforum for cooking or the heroin thread for the subforum about doing drugs and dying; you've probably seen some Goon or other post some severely stupid poo poo that others outside your chosen subforum or thread would find funny, and goonlulz is the place to re-post that kind of thing.

You get all kinds of re-posts from across the +60 SA subs, ranging from silly, lighthearted re-posts, to re-posts that showcase some of the more bizarre and sometimes off-putting stories that happens on SA. FYAD allows for in-line nws content, and the goonlulz threads are not exactly a court of justice where everyone gets treated with absolutely fairness, but if you're interested in a worst-and-dumbest-poo poo-of-the-forums showcase thread with the occasional meltdown, then the goonlulz thread really is the best thread for it.

Captain Invictus posted:

The Legos Megathread

The Legos Megathread is for any and all discussion on the classic Danish building brick, Legos. Lots of talk of new stuff coming out, sales happening and deals to be found, new parts being designed and what they can be used for, and a good amount of people posting their own creations. There's some really amazing stuff people custom build in that thread, here's some examples of posts of stuff people in the thread have made:

and a post of some stuff I built myself

I had forgotten about this thread, but would like to second it as having some really cool stuff in it.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Ok seriously yay glad I remembered:
Tonight there is a Democratic Presidential candidate debate and there will be at least one thread in DnD/Cspam dedicated to it.
My night is made because I'm telling you those threads are FUNNY.
IF you follow politics at all they are worth reading. I do so right after the debate, they move too fast during, and without fail there is lol fr posts. Goons in DnD are wonks but WITTY.
I will link tonight.

Edit: I've been looking out for debate threads in there for a few years now and reading them is some of the most fun I have had on SA. There is an indescribable hilarity in reading HE JUST ATE A BOOGER ON STAGE 500 ways in real time.

Here is tonight's debate thread, my guess is page 305 or so is when debate starts, its at page 298 20 min out.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892716
And this one, approx page 158
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892837

guestimate fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 31, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This world needs good poo poo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847325

Blessed jpgs, check it everyday. It’s a mental health protector.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

If you ever thought 'I could write stories' then the seven year long thunderdome thread is worth a look. Eight million terrible goon words, all of which you can read after you've submitted a single entry.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I know the worst one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892672&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

rude

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lurker thread is cool and feel good. People getting rewards too!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895242

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Here's one from the Goldmine. A thread about idiots in the military: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519705

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I know that this is going to sound weird but hear me out, the august trump thread in cspam...LET ME FINISH BURT DONT PROBE ME YET, reading the trump thread in cspam is a lot like if you were a dog high on your masters painkillers wandering in to a sausage factory

It says its the trump thread for august but I honestly have no idea what is going on in there. Shits wild.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

I know that this is going to sound weird but hear me out, the august trump thread in cspam...LET ME FINISH BURT DONT PROBE ME YET, reading the trump thread in cspam is a lot like if you were a dog high on your masters painkillers wandering in to a sausage factory

It says its the trump thread for august but I honestly have no idea what is going on in there. Shits wild.

Wait, is that a pro-Trump thread because I literally have no idea what the gently caress is going on.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Theophany posted:

Wait, is that a pro-Trump thread because I literally have no idea what the gently caress is going on.

Trump

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This is why I never go into DnD or CSpam

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Theophany posted:

It's an incubation center for mental illness and it's dangerous

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

JK Fresco posted:

It's an incubation center for mental illness and it's dangerous

Yeah I find I'm less depressed and/or angry for not reading it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That Works posted:

Yeah I find I'm less depressed and/or angry for not reading it.
This is how I feel about the news

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm actually a big fan of the Garfield Eats App thread. It's a goofy thread about a goofy guy who made a bad Garfield themed restaurant in I think Saudi Arabia and also Quebec. The guy also wrote a memoir/self help book. It's just super dumb.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884709&pagenumber=19&perpage=40

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 4, 2019

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Frat Bro Helps 5 Friends Commit Suicide is good. It's what Something Awful used to be, a lot of well-done black humor about a really tragic subject most websites would just offer condolences or make a political argument about.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895372

Pontificating rear end posted:

It's similar to a serial killer mindset in that they all like to play god. He probably gets off bigtime from watching all those peoples' lives affected, and he's a sociopath so he doesn't have any emotion about it.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Only took twelve posts for a guy with a psychology degree from Wikipedia University to declare this man a sociopath with a brain that functions like a serial killer's despite never having heard of him until he read this article thirty minutes ago.

TheAardvark posted:

He's probably just a normal, well developed dude who happens to spend time elaborately convincing people to kill themselves and then basking in attention on social media mourning them.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 4, 2019

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895380

This thread is a giant success for GBS imo.
It has NOT derailed into politics, there is info, and insight, with many different opinions being expressed. I think that is because, as a group, we WANT to be able to discuss current events.

Edit: nevermind it got stupid.
It was ok for many pages tho
:(

Spins fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 5, 2019

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PYF poo poo kids say

Lots of cute and funny stories here. Bookmark it and read a page or two every time it gets a new post.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Spins posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895380

This thread is a giant success for GBS imo.
It has NOT derailed into politics, there is info, and insight, with many different opinions being expressed. I think that is because, as a group, we WANT to be able to discuss current events.

Edit: nevermind it got stupid.
It was ok for many pages tho
:(

What’s the opposite of what’s hot

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I never read BYOB but there is a super interesting thread about ants from a goon who is an ant farm expert

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886441