Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

??? i never had to do that with a psx

Googling "psx upside down" returns a lot of results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

To be fair you can say that about almost every system and their error. At the end of the day it's a minority of users. Even for things like the PS2 and the DRE issue.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

To be fair you can say that about almost every system and their error. At the end of the day it's a minority of users. Even for things like the PS2 and the DRE issue.

Having worked in video store in the PSX era I can assure you that the rate of this being required was astronomical. The first units where they removed the RCA outputs for the proprietary AV connector had to approach nearly all units after enough time and use. I imagine the problem was exacerbated by our rental discs being beat to hell but the drive rails definitely failed consistently enough that we had to tell people every day how to fix it.

Anecdotally among my friend circle I was the only one with a right side up functioning unit for the dozen or so of us and I was the only one with a launch day unit.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Sean Spicer once said at a press briefing "We didn’t use chemical weapons in world war two. You had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons." and said that hitler didnt use chemical weapons against his own people lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i don't remember, was that a different time from when he stammered about "holocaust centers"

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Eat This Glob posted:

Sean Spicer once said at a press briefing "We didn’t use chemical weapons in world war two. You had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons." and said that hitler didnt use chemical weapons against his own people lmao

is it a weapon if the victims don't or can't fight back or is it more of a tool? :thunk:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i don't remember, was that a different time from when he stammered about "holocaust centers"

the main difference was whether the victims were gassed at home or in camps, and also whether they were jews or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qU8n1czwmc

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

no iirc it was literally the same briefing lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lemon. wet. good.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

no iirc it was literally the same briefing lmao

see above lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOLq82m2Ks
i come back to this joke a lot

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Say what you want about Hitler, but he sure knew how to consolidate his centers.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Early-ish on in the Iraq War when invasion-defenders were eager to I BELIEVE about WMD there were a number of stories about how Iraqi's were great at hiding things and it was practically their national passtime (might have been about Mheibes, I don't remember). I assume it was pushed by the Office of Strategic Influence or somewhere similar.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

then a decade later they found a small stockpile of rusted out worthless chemical weapons (that we had given them) and the usual suspects did victory laps

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

the best theory was the one that claimed that they'd handed them off to iran for safekeeping before we invaded

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
lol good job america

quote:

According to the investigative report, "many chemical weapons incidents clustered around the ruins of the Muthanna State Establishment, the center of Iraqi chemical agent production in the 1980s." The facility had fallen under the supervision of United Nations weapons inspectors after the first Gulf War and was known to house approximately 2,500 corroded chemical munitions, but the vast building complex was left unmanned once hostilities commenced in 2003 and was subject to looting.[127] Participants in the discoveries postulated another reason to conceal their exposure, as some of the chemical shells "appeared to have been designed in the United States, manufactured in Europe and filled in chemical agent production lines built in Iraq by Western companies."[127]

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ralph northam almost doing the moonwalk during his blackface press conference

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

is it a weapon if the victims don't or can't fight back or is it more of a tool? :thunk:

Even if you don't count poisoning civilians in gas chambers, the Germans used chemical weapons on the Eastern Front against Soviet troops so he's still a dumbass no matter how you slice it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

VitalSigns posted:

Even if you don't count poisoning civilians in gas chambers, the Germans used chemical weapons on the Eastern Front against Soviet troops so he's still a dumbass no matter how you slice it.

ah yes but those are clearly deaths attributable to communism

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Same

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Scott walker licking his lips

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Mitt Romney claiming he was "a severely conservative gorvernor"

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
moist kennedy

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

chappaquiddick still being the occasional talking point 50 years after it happened

pram
Jun 10, 2001

System Metternich posted:

chappaquiddick still being the occasional talking point 50 years after it happened

theres an entire movie

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

you know we live in the hell dimension since that did not happen

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

having to be stopped by his wife from moonwalking. I will never not laugh at this dumb thing when I think about it.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
trade wars are good, and easy to win

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
strategic voting

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

strategic voting

Accelerationism

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

the best theory was the one that claimed that they'd handed them off to iran for safekeeping before we invaded

the best one was that Iraq shipped them all to Syria, and that's what Assad used against the FSA.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1156711607176708103

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
maybe not purely political but extremely succdem when someone called the cops because they got fouled hard in basketball

https://abcnews.go.com/US/basketball-player-calls-police-hard-foul-pickup-game/story?id=56657710

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Terrorist fist bump

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Fist jab :colbert:

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/mywifecameback/status/1157092309521051655?s=21

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Conservatives getting mad about Obama's czars

In the 2004 VP debates, when John Edwards brought up Dick Cheney's gay daughter

The Pottery Barn theory of the Iraq War - "you break it, you bought it" - which held that America's past bad actions in the Middle East only meant that we had an even greater responsibility to invade Iraq

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheWeepingHorse posted:

The Pottery Barn theory of the Iraq War - "you break it, you bought it" - which held that America's past bad actions in the Middle East only meant that we had an even greater responsibility to invade Iraq

I thought this was originally Colin Powell's reasoning for not going in- if Iraq could not function after the invasion, it would be the US's responsibility into eternity.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I hope you enjoyed your fancy burger, Mr. President :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I thought this was originally Colin Powell's reasoning for not going in- if Iraq could not function after the invasion, it would be the US's responsibility into eternity.

it was cheney's too :ssh:

post funny politics poo poo you suddenly remember:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w75ctsv2oPU