Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Blue On Blue posted:

Maybe this was all part of the final will and testament of Ben "literal walking corpse" Lesnick

He told Chris to implement every single stupid back of the napkin design he ever came up with. Or else he would spill the beans on the entire company

The only thing Lesnick spilled was beans on said napkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Colostomy Bag posted:

The only thing Lesnick spilled was beans on said napkin.

Lesnick has never spilled food.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Lesnick has never spilled food.

So he had a physicalized napkin?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Food cannot escape his gravity well

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Aramoro posted:

I think it's probably quite the opposite. That SAM system I mentioned was used by the US to destroy a satellite that was travelling at 28,000km/h at a range of 250 km. We can currently track everything orbiting the planet down to very small objects. If you want realism then any space craft would be instantly annihilated by a land based missile system.

Big difference between 'orbiting' and 'space craft that can move' though, though funnily enough the same logic applies in reverse to planet based defenses - orbits being what they are any spaceships wanting to launch rocks at them will always know exactly where to throw them.

All of which I expect will be fully modeled and realized in Star Citizen - get on it Crobear!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beluga Snail posted:

any spaceships wanting to launch rocks at them will always know exactly where to throw them.

All of which I expect will be fully modeled and realized in Star Citizen - get on it Crobear!
Only if they can sell the rock thrower.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

How many Skyrim sized craters can my missile truck defend?

the missiles range is about the same as the draw distance of an N64 game.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:ohdear:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Presume this is part of that subscriber program enhancement talked about a few months ago?

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cksfia/august_2949_subscriber_update/

quote:

Subscriber-Only Pledge Promotion (Ship of the Month) Every month we make the previous month's Ship of the Month available for a limited time pledge promotion. This month and going forward, we're going to make these offerings just a little more Subscriber-special, by upgrading the insurance and adding some decorative items to each Subscriber-Only Pledge Promotion. Included in each offering every month will be: 1-Year Insurance (Up from the base 6-Months) Three random decorative flair items from the past. CCUs will be enabled for select, non-stock limited items. (If you CCU, it works like normal. You keep the insurance and items of your previous package. You do not get the insurance and items of the Subscriber-Only Pledge Package. These items will be included at no additional charge. When we say "random" for the decorative items, we mean they'll be three items that change every month. The insurance, flair and CCUs our way of saying thank you for participating in the Subscriber-Only Pledge Promotion. This promotion begins on August 14th for all Subscribers.

e: Monthly loot boxes!

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 1, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MedicineHut posted:

Presume this is part of that subscriber program enhancement talked about a few months ago?

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cksfia/august_2949_subscriber_update/

That scraping sound you hear is CIG hitting the bottom of the barrel

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I love this scam.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Can someone link me to the reddit thread where they are talking about the single player campaign? There should be lots of info because it is the most open development ever.
Thanks!
I'd love to ask on reddit but it's poo poo so I don't have an account.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

RabbitWizard posted:

Can someone link me to the reddit thread where they are talking about the single player campaign? There should be lots of info because it is the most open development ever.
Thanks!
I'd love to ask on reddit but it's poo poo so I don't have an account.

NO SPOILERS

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

MedicineHut posted:

e: Monthly loot boxes!

Loot boxes were going to happen eventually, we just should have expected them to be tied to new ship purchases. Missed the flair from a year ago? Better buy a ship and you might get it. Didn't get it in this loot box? Better buy another ship.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

It looks like they added the print design in photoshop rather than having it ready in-game.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Daztek posted:

NO SPOILERS

Thanks for asking reddit for me!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

"Breathe it in Lorville"?

What, Argon?

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Seven hundred years in the future we will still be wearing the dumb graphic tees you buy at Spencers

edit "Warning: Attitude Incoming" made me groan so hard you'd have though it was Ben trying to get off a couch

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dynastocles posted:

Seven hundred years in the future we will still be wearing the dumb graphic tees you buy at Spencers

edit "Warning: Attitude Incoming" made me groan so hard you'd have though it was Ben trying to get off a couch

The salad space bar breathes a sigh of relief.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Goon Crisis Actors, obviously

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Star Citizen: Another month another hard pass

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm the probably a weeks worth of mocap for that t shirt ad

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Wonder if Sandi as invoiced for consulting on the shoe design yet?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

monkeytek posted:

Goon Crisis Actors, obviously

I’m so getting this put on a Tee.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

how's video game Amway going?

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Scruffpuff posted:

This is dangerously close to a game mechanic. Pull up, CIG!

Far enough to not have to actually create the gameplay, but close enough to scare people into paying for it, CIG's sweet spot!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Hav posted:

Who tried to pull a Star Citizen with ‘Transverse’, where one of the stretch goals was ‘space flight’. Got themselves banned almost immediately from reddit for astroturfing their own subreddit.

What's wrong about that? When my team is discussing the next sprint, my first feature is 'Show up'. You gotta manage their expectations.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

What?! These ungrateful backers should be groveling at Chris' feet, CIG has revolutionized video game t-shirts, once again proving they are at the bleeding edge of the industry!

I love how they can't even be bothered to put out enough puff piece videos to justify subscribing, so they have to come up with worthless in game crap like this that still takes up dev resources.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 2, 2019

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Oh piss off I've flown real planes and that works after a couple of lessons

yeah sure, what made Mario games good was that you needed 500 hours of focused practice to master level 1-1

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I like how landing which is already annoying and buggy has been made even more unfun with the new hover mechanics. I can't wait to fight the janky controls for hours just to die as I clip through the Area 18 landing pads. Even Elite Dangerous which is aggressively boring, just gave up and added auto-landing to even the starter ships.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Excited for the "Imperial Breast Inspector" shirts

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

When does the snoopy cap plop out of the pipeline?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

How many Skyrim sized craters can my missile truck defend?

Google tell me that Skyrim has an area of 37.1 km². Plugging 2km in the formula for a circle gets 12.56637km². 12.56637km²/37.1 km² *100 gets you 33.87%. So one missile truck can defend just over a third of a Skyrim crater.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

kilus aof posted:

Google tell me that Skyrim has an area of 37.1 km². Plugging 2km in the formula for a circle gets 12.56637km². 12.56637km²/37.1 km² *100 gets you 33.87%. So one missile truck can defend just over a third of a Skyrim crater.

Well then buy three.

Duh.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

A bargain.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

At maximum range a SAM is not veey effective, if it has to manuever at all it will run out of momentum and fall out of the sky so to be properly fidelitous you should probably buy at least 6 roberts organs to defend your skyrim crater.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I've put in well over two hundred hours, and I still haven't left the Skyrim crater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

a cyberpunk goose posted:

how's video game Amway going?

It's the BDMLMMO