Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I cant tell what's happening by the quality here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

I cant tell what's happening by the quality here

he touched an electrified something-or-other, that's for sure

e: coworker tracked it down, he was grabbing grapes: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/choque-da-uva

Though the article doesn't mention why he got shocked while grabbing for grapes

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Aug 1, 2019

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Peanut Butter posted:

stupid sexy rabbits

They’re not bad, they’re only drawn that way.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this is the new best one

Yeah it's great but why don't you explain it for my friend who doesn't get it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Memento posted:

new england haggling

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Memento posted:

If you're a middle class white anglo person I'm legit surprised that you don't recognise that interaction. It seems baked in my blood, even if I don't think I've ever had it myself.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I'm a middle class white anglo person and I don't understand it at all

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bike tory posted:

If you're a middle class white anglo person I'm legit surprised that you don't recognise that interaction. It seems baked in my blood, even if I don't think I've ever had it myself.

im poor and white explain it to me

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

how do i jerk off to it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Is someone going to explain, because I'm just assuming it's a sex thing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone, such as a plumber, came to do a job for a homeowner. At some point during or after the job the worker took an hour to have a pleasant conversation with the homeowner, drinking some offered lemonade during that time. The homeowner wishes to compensate the worker for the full time that they were at the house, four hours, but the worker believes that their generous hospitality more than paid for one of those hours, and only wishes to charge and accept a lesser amount.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I thought it was sex work. Still a low number, but getting a plumber to walk through your front door is going to cost you more than 60bux.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

ah i was unaware of the going rates on sex work

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just assume the lemonade is a reference to a lemon party

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Someone, such as a plumber, came to do a job for a homeowner. At some point during or after the job the worker took an hour to have a pleasant conversation with the homeowner, drinking some offered lemonade during that time. The homeowner wishes to compensate the worker for the full time that they were at the house, four hours, but the worker believes that their generous hospitality more than paid for one of those hours, and only wishes to charge and accept a lesser amount.

.. In what world is this an exchange anyone ever has? :psyduck: I've literally never heard of anything like this. Plumbers are more known for charging you a full hour for five minutes work and gods knows 90% of the people well off enough to actually afford a house sure don't want any of those poors getting their money if they can help it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dungeon Ecology posted:

ah i was unaware of the going rates on sex work

They're pretty low for old dudes who are into Harleys.

Famously bad lays.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

.. In what world is this an exchange anyone ever has? :psyduck: I've literally never heard of anything like this. Plumbers are more known for charging you a full hour for five minutes work and gods knows 90% of the people well off enough to actually afford a house sure don't want any of those poors getting their money if they can help it.

It’s Extremely Mid-West to me

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/5L7cNtY.mp4

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Higgy posted:

It's pretty normal in a certain class of the south, too. I'm pretty sure my father has had almost this exact exchange at some point.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Did y'all never do casual work for your neighbours/parents' friends/grandparents etc as teens?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

I've had work done by friends who would normally charge me less because we were friends, but I insisted on paying the full amount because it's their personal business. I've had basically this exact conversation multiple times.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Deep cut

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bike tory posted:

Did y'all never do casual work for your neighbours/parents' friends/grandparents etc as teens?

What am I, Huck Finn?

gently caress outta here. I was smoking cigarettes and doing gay poo poo.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Mumford and Sons did a cover of "Not in Nottinghamn" that's pretty legit.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i refuse to believe that mumford and sons did anything 'legit'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rabble posted:

I've had work done by friends who would normally charge me less because we were friends, but I insisted on paying the full amount because it's their personal business. I've had basically this exact conversation multiple times.

Yeah, friends are one thing, just random dudes though is like a view from an alien world to me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheMancUK/status/1156860988706172929

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Do we have to?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Another of those, 'Weird sound in a song' things:
https://youtu.be/mKM0P9gWx7k

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Combine cheesy & gravy chips for poutine.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Volcott posted:

I thought it was sex work.

My dude, those guys are father/son

E: I got moon moon beaten

GlobglogGroAbgalab has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Aug 2, 2019

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Who What Now posted:

what the gently caress is happening right now lol

am i in a coma right now, sinking into the next level of darkness?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Nope, still got moon moon

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Higgy posted:

my grandfather called it new england haggling, but i never heard it outside of him

maybe it was something back in his day, like Connecticut Lockjaw.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

bike tory posted:

Not for money, I was always “volunteered” to fix computers, hook up & program VCRs, etc.

I did mow lawns for money for a while in high school, and also for a summer afterwards when my brother ran off with his girlfriend and my parents decided it was my responsibility to take on his awful mowing jobs (seriously, one yard was at least 75% rocks and dog poop), despite already having a real job. But no negotiation or lemonade involved with those.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Another of those, 'Weird sound in a song' things:
https://youtu.be/mKM0P9gWx7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ft954vXPa4

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Dave Grool posted:

Do we have to?

Save chips and curry,kill mushy peas because they are vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A cheeky chips and curry is loving proper