Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Crasical posted:

Slow Prison Life
Bakarina
Villainous Daughter
Lady Rose

I only had read Bakarina but on thread recommendation, I checked out the others and I'm enjoying all of these. Welcome to the Otomeverse.
crossposting myself from the isekai thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Here are some others that fit the surreal thread:

Cafe for fairies and beastmen: https://mangadex.org/title/37041/milady-just-wants-to-relax
Like Bakarina but from a different pov: https://mangadex.org/title/26359/jishou-akuyaku-reijou-na-konyakusha-no-kansatsu-kiroku
The prince can hear the players speaking: https://mangadex.org/title/38123/endo-and-kobayashi-s-live-commentary-on-the-villainess

Ehh, I didn't like Lady Rose as much as those others.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think the driest one is uh

Record of a Duke's Daughter I think it's called or something. 2nd place goes to Sorry I Won't Bother You Again, which isn't an isekai but it's a Peggy Sue of the villainess instead.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
The original captured princess, new Sleepy Princess
Grimoire-san is sick of Princess not destroying all the demons with its powerful magics, so decided to go find the "Hero".

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Rody One Half posted:

I think the driest one is uh

Record of a Duke's Daughter I think it's called or something. 2nd place goes to Sorry I Won't Bother You Again, which isn't an isekai but it's a Peggy Sue of the villainess instead.

Oh yeah, Accomplishments of a Duke's Daughter. Yeah I didn't really enjoy that one much either, it just lacked charm. It really just leaned hard into the 'as a reincarnated modern Japanese, I'll improve the feudal world with amazing modern ideas!', with tent-pegs of bishonen as the support frame for the story.

EDIT: I read the chapters available for Live Villainess Commentary and I'm interested in seeing where that one goes.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 31, 2019

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I've now read all of the otome isekais posted in here. They are a pretty fun genre, but Bakarina really is the best of the bunch. Katarina is just too good of a protagonist.

But I'm here with a new thread suggestion: Number Girl.

Number Girl is a nature vs nurture type experiment, where 16 identical clones are being raised together and going to class together. They are perfect clones, with the only difference between them (initially) being the number tattooed on their right eyes. They are also very stupid, because they were basically born yesterday, so the only actual goal of their education is to obtain 'individuality'. As long as they are meaningfully different from one another by graduation, that's good enough. Maybe. Probably.

The series has been going on a little while, so some individuality is actually starting to show through, like how Fourth is the only one who figured out how to put her hair up, Sixth loves milk, Tenth has terrible fashion, and poor Sixteenth suffers.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ah, I remember this one! I lost track of it at some point, probably when Batoto blew up.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

If capture princess is your thing and you're still hungry, well, this technically isnt for you.

new Interrogation Princess sans princess.
The Demon King isnt satisfied by how the interrogations are going and wants a demonstration.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Crasical posted:

Ah, I remember this one! I lost track of it at some point, probably when Batoto blew up.

Me too! I'd totally forgotten about it, but yeah it definitely scratches the SDLM itch.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
New Yankee and Cane Girl.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

:same:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Crasical posted:

Lady Rose

I only had read Bakarina but on thread recommendation, I checked out the others and I'm enjoying all of these. Welcome to the Otomeverse.

I've lost track entirely of what Lady Rose wanted. I thought she just wanted to live a life without pressure and bullshit noble obligations and romantic attachments to people she doesnt care for in that way?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Artificer posted:

I've lost track entirely of what Lady Rose wanted. I thought she just wanted to live a life without pressure and bullshit noble obligations and romantic attachments to people she doesnt care for in that way?

Yeah, that and the parents didn't care about her at all beyond her use to them.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Equal parts "I don't want to be ruled by societal expectations and act as political capital for my parents, I want to be free' and 'I liked their route in a game but that sort of superficial infactuation doesn't translate to real love and I don't want to marry these people' and a smattering of 'I didn't even like your route in the actual game.' IIRC.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
The writing for the last two chapters gets weird and confusing.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

All of these only have just a few chapters nooooooo

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
More teleporting girl Yumi.

Jackard posted:

The writing for the last two chapters gets weird and confusing.

Yeah I didn't understand the question game very well. Lady Rose seemed to do a really bad job extracting info while also handing over her whole life story at the same time, but the narrative is acting like she came out on top since she proposed the thing to begin with. Also she started the second half with "okay so there's two more things I want to learn about, I need to know about this thing and that thing," and then she leaves her thoughts to go "Here's my final question: tell me about (character completely unrelated to those two things)".

Like I get the idea is she's fighting against fate and is willing to pay a lot for that, but it still feels like she was strangely clumsy for how much she supposedly planned for this encounter in advance.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Monsters Cant Clean
Hang in there, skeleton.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

On TV twice in a row. Yumi is very lucky.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mierko-chan decided it wanted to tap into the Fatal Frame games. Much to her frustration

New girl is the perfect blend of chuuni and annoying that I can't help but like her.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Mierko-chan decided it wanted to tap into the Fatal Frame games. Much to her frustration

New girl is the perfect blend of chuuni and annoying that I can't help but like her.

Is she chuuni or can she actually see poo poo? I don't recall.

Ah, wait. I see.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
someone please help Mieruko-chan

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Artificer posted:

Is she chuuni or can she actually see poo poo? I don't recall.

Ah, wait. I see.

Julia can see them, but for some reason she can only see the little weak ones, like the tiny old men. The real scary ones are invisible to her.

I'm curious what Julia saw in that last photo if even Miko saw more ghosts than normal in it.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 2, 2019

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Dang I keep running out of chapters in otome isekai/resurrection bullshit this sucks.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Artificer posted:

Dang I keep running out of chapters in otome isekai/resurrection bullshit this sucks.

God I know right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Artificer posted:

you could fall down the rabbit hole of reading the webnovels.

some of them are...long. I've been reading one in particular for the past month and a half or so I think and I've still got 80 chapters before I catch up(to the hiatus point, natch)

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new Senryu Girl
Happy Valentines Day.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Artificer posted:

There's this : https://mangadex.org/manga/38088 which starts out like all the rest until about halfway thru the first chapter (but makes up for it by going back to form in chapter 2 which is all that's out so far, oh well).

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

fritz posted:

There's this : https://mangadex.org/manga/38088 which starts out like all the rest until about halfway thru the first chapter (but makes up for it by going back to form in chapter 2 which is all that's out so far, oh well).

I'm so down for more of chapter one. Dang. Thanks!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
New Bakarina, new Lady Rose

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

HELL YEAH

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hang on a tic.

Bakarina
Did A-chan die and come back as Sophia then?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Seems that way.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Dang. Rough times.

I've still lost track of the storyline in Lady Rose. What's going on with her and Nika?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Strap in for some backstory boys & Girls cuz here it comes

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Artificer posted:

Dang. Rough times.

I've still lost track of the storyline in Lady Rose. What's going on with her and Nika?

So, Nika turns up as Fii's struggling with her resurfaced memories of her brother's abuse in her past life, watching over her as she recovers. She admits to being jealous of his sibling relationship with her ex-fiancee, but doesn't want him to be her brother, no matter how much she'd like it, because she feels nothing would change from her old life. So he asks if they can be friends instead, which she thinks would be kind of disrespectful on her part, but nevertheless agrees because she can't think of any better way to describe their relationship. She also gets the very strong suspicion he's set his sights on her.

There's something going on with the royal politics too, but we (and Fii) don't have a clear picture of what it is.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think she's realized he's set his sights on her at all, what with bumbling straight into his "so you don't see me like a brother, huh" trap like a bakarina

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Ah thanks a lot. I appreciate the explanation.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
More Number Girl, in which the girls start a school club.

The second half of Mieruko's previous chapter is here. I'm glad those little fox kids are helping but do not like the implied cost/limit to their help going forward. Julia is a good kid.

And another series I found today, Marie The Witch Is Not A Witch.

Marie is extremely a witch, but is currently alive during the witch trials in Europe and must do her best to not be noticed as a witch. However, she can't help herself from helping humans in trouble. Marie would rather be found out than turn her back on someone in need!

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Aug 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The worst thing about this manga is having to wait a month for the next chapter :argh: