Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

blatman posted:

Got my pally half-decently geared now (couple good weapons, fungi, fbss, the works!) anyone have any suggestions for leveling guilds on Mangler? I don't want to keep asking my dumb old-world questions in general because I forget everything

You could pop on to the goon eq discord, we don't mind helping out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Yeah the discord is a good spot to ask random questions, there’s quite a few of us around.

I don’t know of any leveling guilds on Mangler, and most my playtime is after 8pm pst so I couldn’t even name a few of the early est guilds that exist these days. I’m sure they are around though. Just avoid <Bloody Rapiers> if they are a leveling guild these days, people who have left them complained about racist rants in /gu.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah the discord is a good spot to ask random questions, there’s quite a few of us around.

I don’t know of any leveling guilds on Mangler, and most my playtime is after 8pm pst so I couldn’t even name a few of the early est guilds that exist these days. I’m sure they are around though. Just avoid <Bloody Rapiers> if they are a leveling guild these days, people who have left them complained about racist rants in /gu.

I am entirely unsurprised that a guild with the name <Bloody Rapiers> has extremely lovely members in their ranks.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Once I get off work I'll hop in the goon discord for sure. I gotta say, even though I haven't found anyone to group with around my level yet due to my dumb play times, this is a lot of fun, I rolled through Befallen for awhile until some level 20-something mummy spawned in the main room and chased me out and now i'm trying to drive crocodiles extinct while tossing disease cures on afk dudes, I forgot how chill grinding was in this game

Also, i'm happy to report that apparently lots of guilds are looking for paladins because there are no paladins and all the gear is rotting for every guild, so I might get to check out things like that weird TLP version of Hate

edit: i'm pretty out of it right now but I can't find the discord on the OP or by searching "everquest, discord", please send help and also a coffee (put whiskey in the coffee)

blatman fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 2, 2019

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I wish there was some sort of confirmation prompt when you kill a dz. Someone accidentally killed our seb dz shortly after opening it and it was my night to get the trak guts on my bard.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Yeah.. that kinda sucked! Next week we should be able to get you the guts though. I know we're going to have one of the new bards eligible at raider status by then, but your guts first is how I want it to go considering what happened.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Republicans posted:

I wish there was some sort of confirmation prompt when you kill a dz. Someone accidentally killed our seb dz shortly after opening it and it was my night to get the trak guts on my bard.

There is?

/kickp exp gives you a confirmation on whether you want to do it or not. Whether or not someone needs items is out of EQ's hands ...

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Anyone on Luclin - Stromm have a guild my friends and I can join? Also, what's the goon Discord?

In-game name: Xovaan

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

It looks like our previous discord invites expired. Pinged the one in charge of the server so hopefully we’ll get a new one soon enough!

Most people are going to be playing on Mangler, though. I don’t know if anyone that plays on the old live servers.

e: i'm not phone posting anymore, here is a non-expiring link maybe: https://discord.gg/X8QFDC9

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 28, 2019

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Anyone on Luclin - Stromm have a guild my friends and I can join? Also, what's the goon Discord?

In-game name: Xovaan

Yes to the guild, don't know about discord.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Would it be worth our time rerolling to a higher pop server? My friends and I are considering FV or subbing to try out Selo since I quit after LDoN and it's around that expansion right now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d recommend Mangler

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

onesixtwo posted:

It looks like our previous discord invites expired. Pinged the one in charge of the server so hopefully we’ll get a new one soon enough!

Most people are going to be playing on Mangler, though. I don’t know if anyone that plays on the old live servers.

e: i'm not phone posting anymore, here is a non-expiring link maybe: https://discord.gg/X8QFDC9

I didn't see a message in discord but let me know if you need me to generate a new link or anything. I unfortunately have had to take a break from EQ due to work and music taking up all of my time.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Would it be worth our time rerolling to a higher pop server? My friends and I are considering FV or subbing to try out Selo since I quit after LDoN and it's around that expansion right now.

Selos is a ton of fun. 1kr goes for about 35kpp right now. you could buy a CoF or Seahorse belt, fungi, weapons all for 10k or less and have the money left over for spells and other gear.

The server speed is amazing. If you want to do endgame content they are a few guild options. If you want to go at a slower pace and leisurely stroll through the old expacs, there are a couple options there. Unortunately, if you are euro, there is pretty much a single guild option (but its there!).

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Started on FV. In Crescent Reach, a dude was saying he was bored and asked if anyone wanted a powerlevel. Over the double xp weekend my friend and I ended up hitting 89 with this dude and joined his guild. Bards are fun as heck and my friend is really enjoying his ranger. GOTY since 1999

If anyone is on FV, hit us up! My bard's name is Wowee and my friend's ranger is Briynna.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I have a mid-level person on Selos but i keep being told by pugs that Mangler has a better population, so what gives?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Mangler has a much higher population. Selo is slowly bleeding out. It’s not a casual friendly server.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Tai posted:

Mangler has a much higher population. Selo is slowly bleeding out. It’s not a casual friendly server.

Thanks! Mangler it is.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Tai posted:

It’s not a casual friendly server.

I disagree. The same amount of raiding happens in both servers. 2-3 nights a week. Selos is far more friendly with AA grinds because the XP is ridiculous.

That being said. If you have never done the early expacs in Everquest, give Mangler a shot. I thought I loved Kunark, but doing it on Agnarr... gently caress kunark. gently caress vanilla, gently caress velious. Never, ever, ever again. Luclin is hit or miss since people hate VT and VT shards. I personally hate PoP flagging, but its pretty good otherwise.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 9, 2019

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
VoA cleared! We're guild #2. I really like a lot of the events this time around. I don't like how specific some are (have 3 SKs or you're boned) or how long the last event stretches out for (should've been broken in two to give more loot for how long it lasts), but overall it's fun.

How's EOE doing? I've heard not-good rumblings :(

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

VoA cleared! We're guild #2. I really like a lot of the events this time around. I don't like how specific some are (have 3 SKs or you're boned) or how long the last event stretches out for (should've been broken in two to give more loot for how long it lasts), but overall it's fun.

How's EOE doing? I've heard not-good rumblings :(

We're getting hit by end of summer vacations and people who had stuff scheduled months ago interfering with our raid days. We've done well in Pillars, but not enough to beat it yet obviously.

Pillars is simply a completely bullshit raid. Take any ONE mechanic out of each of the towers, and it becomes a tough raid that still has some forgiveness to it. As it is now, you have no choice but to do it exactly the way Dzarn demands you to do it, and there's no leeway at all. Once Pillars is done, we can fairly easily finish the rest, including Fumerak and Triunity, and we think we've got everything lined up, we just need everyone online...

Edit: gz on clearing VoA, we're still gonna push for it I'm just becoming increasingly frustrated with this stupid expansion and all of its dumb hoops that make it hard on a guild like EoE, when the ones that come after this are nowhere near as needlessly complicated...

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 18, 2019

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

Pillars is simply a completely bullshit raid. Take any ONE mechanic out of each of the towers, and it becomes a tough raid that still has some forgiveness to it. As it is now, you have no choice but to do it exactly the way Dzarn demands you to do it, and there's no leeway at all.

On paper, I actually really like the raid. 54 man raids exist nowhere but in EQ anymore, but my favorite EQ times are doing group poo poo. So to have a chance to basically small-raid content (2 groups) but also be part of a 54 man effort, is something I'm really down with. Because the actual 12-man / 24-man raids that are sprinkled around aren't worth doing at all.

In reality though, the class makeup has to be so loving precise in a few spots, that it really dampens it. And then you're just *barely* surviving it - a little bad RNG and your raid might complete the events, but you don't score low enough, so get hosed.

Well, I hope EOE makes it through! Maybe some guilds can band together to just get through Pillars. I want to see AA and LOTA keep on trucking too. (But gently caress RG3, eurotrash, amirite).

:siren: NOW LETS BITCH ABOUT BARD NERFS :siren:

I loving told those asshats "If you keep loving swarming launch zones during prime time and lagging everyone out, we're gonna get nerfed into oblivion", and here we are. loving called it.

On Test they nerfed Vang Shout, then for Live they nerfed DDD too (even though the last rank of it is level 90).

The best part? It was literally just 1 expac launch on Phinny, now all bards everywhere are hosed forever. Probably like 10 bards total caused this. Now those 10 bards? Since they can't swarm anymore, they're probably just going to quit.

I mean, gently caress swarming, poo poo's not fun to me anyways. I play EQ to play with people. But I loved having my AoE abilities when I needed to farm some bullshit in old zones or whatever.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
AA and R3 already beat Pillars. Just EoE and LotA have yet to afaik.

I personally really enjoy Pillars. Beaten it 4 or 5 times now. I'm always in Arcane though and playing mostly my bard box mezzing gargoyles while I spam my mutlibind on my main keyboard for my mage nuking the crystal.

Overall though it's not box friendly raid and usually only have a couple of folks boxing on it.

Hoohah posted:

Pillars is simply a completely bullshit raid. Take any ONE mechanic out of each of the towers, and it becomes a tough raid that still has some forgiveness to it. As it is now, you have no choice but to do it exactly the way Dzarn demands you to do it, and there's no leeway at all.

Not sure if this will help you. But if you get a perfect score in the other 3 Pillars you can fail Nature and still win. We did this on our 4th clear when we were missing an SK and a couple other folks.

Aragosta fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 19, 2019

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Aragosta posted:

Not sure if this will help you. But if you get a perfect score in the other 3 Pillars you can fail Nature and still win. We did this on our 4th clear when we were missing an SK and a couple other folks.

I thought if any room hit a 5 it failed? Is this just a bug?

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Pretty sure it is. Dima has been surprised it has not been patched yet. I know AA used this method to beat it too.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Aragosta posted:

Yeah we were told about this, right after getting basically every trial going good too. I'm not sure if it would be better to use it or not, because we can't consistently get the shadow kiting done w/o it chain blurring and taking awhile to get under control.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

Yeah we were told about this, right after getting basically every trial going good too. I'm not sure if it would be better to use it or not, because we can't consistently get the shadow kiting done w/o it chain blurring and taking awhile to get under control.

That's the room I was in, so it's the only one I really know about. The mechanic on that add is loving terrible. It's really tough to get in a good rhythm. Apparently the "correct" way to do it is two SKs, and have them ping-pong aggro back and forth so that it doesn't eat someone else.

But man, it is just way too sensitive. Too far and it blurs. Too close and you get slowed. Anyone but a SK with the damage nerf gets ate up real quick. Heaven forbid it be a normal kite mechanic.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Apparently the "correct" way to do it is two SKs, and have them ping-pong aggro back and forth so that it doesn't eat someone else.

We tried this, the add never took damage.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Grats EoE on the Pillars win. I see that Nature cheese worked. 😀

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
jesus tapdancing christ, we just slaughtered everything after pillars. What horrible game design...

edit: finally hit a stumbling block with Voice of Ryken, needed some practice getting people up on the rocks and agroing them so we don't get silenced

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 25, 2019

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

edit: finally hit a stumbling block with Voice of Ryken, needed some practice getting people up on the rocks and agroing them so we don't get silenced

Yeah, that's a seriously unforgiving mechanic. Gotta have back-ups ready in a split-second else everyone stands around bored. And probably dying.

But grats on the Pillars clear! Did you get the final event beat yet? Why in the gently caress that's only a single event with 1 chest is super dumb. The event even check-points in the middle. Should be a chest then. Makes it really not worth doing unless everything else is cleared.

Pillars is at least quick (like 15 minutes once your raid is split up).

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, that's a seriously unforgiving mechanic. Gotta have back-ups ready in a split-second else everyone stands around bored. And probably dying.

But grats on the Pillars clear! Did you get the final event beat yet? Why in the gently caress that's only a single event with 1 chest is super dumb. The event even check-points in the middle. Should be a chest then. Makes it really not worth doing unless everything else is cleared.

Pillars is at least quick (like 15 minutes once your raid is split up).

We got to Triunity with only about 2 hours left in a "bonus" raid day so I wasn't real hopefuly we'd beat it. First try we died fast after showing everyone where to stand and stuff, second try we got to phase 2, third try we got to the break and phase 3. We took a few stabs at it, but people were super tired and we kept having a charm go off. We know what to do, we'll just come back next week on our normal raid days.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

We got to Triunity with only about 2 hours left in a "bonus" raid day so I wasn't real hopefuly we'd beat it. First try we died fast after showing everyone where to stand and stuff, second try we got to phase 2, third try we got to the break and phase 3. We took a few stabs at it, but people were super tired and we kept having a charm go off. We know what to do, we'll just come back next week on our normal raid days.

Man, that charm mechanic is also *overly* sensitive. I wish it would at least list out the people on the hate list so we could see where the cross-aggro was coming from. It's just too drat touchy.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Heard that the leader of EoE was banned. Confirm/Deny? What happened?

Edit: So I guess there was a suspension wave for folks using 3rd party programs, or so I've been lead to believe. I know at least one person in OGC got a 7 day. I heard that most, if not all of EoE leadership got hit too. Crazy stuff. Times like this make me happy I choose not to cheat.

Aragosta fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Sep 29, 2019

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Aragosta posted:

Heard that the leader of EoE was banned. Confirm/Deny? What happened?

Edit: So I guess there was a suspension wave for folks using 3rd party programs, or so I've been lead to believe. I know at least one person in OGC got a 7 day. I heard that most, if not all of EoE leadership got hit too. Crazy stuff. Times like this make me happy I choose not to cheat.

Yeah, that's what I heard on the rumor mill.

The lack of Hoohah coming in to respond is leading me to believe it's true.

Say it's not true, papi! Say it's not true!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lol ban waves. I’d say 25%+ of the playerbase uses SEQ.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, that's what I heard on the rumor mill.

The lack of Hoohah coming in to respond is leading me to believe it's true.

Say it's not true, papi! Say it's not true!

I was suspended for using the exact same things to multi-box I've used for three years on Phinigel. The people using hacked versions of MQ2 are still botting as of yesterday with no problem. Faced with the increasing bullshit from DBG, I've decided that's going to be it for playing on a truebox server. I'll make it clear that yes, I was circumventing the rules, but I'm by far from the only person on Phinigel, and definitely not the only one on Truebox servers. The only other explanation is that some dickhead decided to report us for Pillars and using the same exploit that literally everyone else did, but since people have posted that non-EoE members were suspended all at the exact same moment, I doubt its that. If DBG makes a server that allows passive MQ2 and isboxer, and is a 3/2 month prog server (so not Lockjaw or Ragefire), I'll play it. Until then, not a loving chance. Since that server will never exist due to Dzarn and Ngreth being fixated on killing fun in EQ, this is probably it. I feel bad for the members of EoE, and if they collapse, I hope they end up in good homes if they want to keep playing. It also sucks to have this happen right as we were about to beat the Triunity, but so things go.

I can't speak to what hit Yeowow or Zerker. I don't know what they were using to box, and Yeowow is apparently slammed by business but said that he got a suspension email in what little time he had to look.

edit:

Tai posted:

Lol ban waves. I’d say 25%+ of the playerbase uses SEQ.

Just about everyone on most truebox servers use it, and don't even bother to hide that they do.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I expect every boxer I run into to be using a combination of SEQ, multiplicity or another software kvm, and hotkeynet. I wouldn’t box more than two without those because holy hell is that enough effort as is. Hell I run them for just two boxing.

Sorry to hear y’all got hit with for it. Sounds like some dumb bullshit to enforce considering the server population on those older TLPs. None of the players give a poo poo about that kind of stuff so it’s pretty frustrating to hear they just poo poo on a bunch of you dudes.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
We have a 12 boxer on Selos that does not use any software KVM or SEQ lmao.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
They handed out suspensions for multiplicity?