Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I really want to get into this game, but the first handful of levels just aren’t scratching the itch. Do things improve? Any good recommendations for newbie roadmaps on meta game progression?

1)Google bullet jumping, do it constantly and try to keep your momentum up while you do basically anything else and you're instantly playing a much better, more engaging game.

2)You're going to unlock a lot of varied content very quickly, and you should poke around in all of it as your curiosity demands. Also don't look up quest spoilers, there some mondo :catdrugs: surprises I'm glad I never got spoiled on beforehand. The weapons also get a lot cooler very quickly.

Speaking of which, using spores to wallhack and arc zarr shots over walls owns bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Avulsion posted:

If you want that effect, use the Bloodshed Sigil with something that contrasts sharply with the rest of your colors. I use a CMYK scheme, my frame is a mix of Blue/Purple and Pink, then the sigil is Yellow. The end result is

My God! This is 'framing on a whole other level unknown to me! Time to farm Profit Taker I guess.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 2, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Here's a mini faq for newbies

Is (x) frame good?

Probably

Really?

Yeah. Basically every frame is good or even great in SOME scenario. Some are great in more scenarios, and some compete in the same scenario, but no frame is truly garbage.

Cool. Is (x) weapon good?

Probably not.

Wait what why are they different

There's like 40 frames and like 40 of them are good, there's like 400 weapons and like 40 of them are good, and that's being pretty generous with 'good weapons.'

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
So I hate spy missions and I want to trivialize them. I already bought the 10x cipher BP. A buddy told me to farm Loki so I will probably work on that (even though I dont think I have the location to farm it unlocked). Is there anything else that can help me? I'm only MR5 atm.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Target Practice posted:

So I hate spy missions and I want to trivialize them. I already bought the 10x cipher BP. A buddy told me to farm Loki so I will probably work on that (even though I dont think I have the location to farm it unlocked). Is there anything else that can help me? I'm only MR5 atm.

Aside from learning the layouts and having a silent weapon, not really.

Though for less farming, Wukong's cloud form is pretty great for spy right now too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ivara with the Prowl augment can walk right through laser barriers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately, you get ivara by doing a shitload of spy missions.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Loki has always been my go to spy frame, Ivara and Octavia are both good at spies for the same reason. Wukong's cloud walker is pretty good for spy missions though, and you can still get base wukong from clan research right? That's probably a pretty good start.

Alarms don't really matter during spy missions, you just have to be stealthy inside the vault, not out of it. None of the vaults require invisibility, learning the layout of the vaults and where enemies patrol really is the most advantageous thing.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Target Practice posted:

Limbo can't turn invisible to evade Corpus cameras or Grineer sensor regulators, but while in the rift, he can pass through Corpus laser walls without triggering them. (Loki can't, even while invisible, so be ready for those.)

You should be able to get buddies who have Neptune unlocked to taxi you to the mission if you decide to farm Loki.

Have you picked up the Hush and Suppress mods yet to silence your guns? They drop from Corrupted enemies, but you'd probably have no problem asking clanmates for spares.

Aside from that, take 'em slow. There's only so many spy vaults to shuffle through for each tileset, and from mission to mission they'll only vary on stuff like how many of the possible traps are active and in which places. Unfamiliarity with a vault layout is usually the biggest obstacle to clearing it reliably. (The second biggest obstacle is Sensor Regulators, but hey, they can't see Loki.)

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 2, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The reason invisible helps is because of cameras and security drones

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I only just now realized that Tyl Regor has no arms or legs, and yet he makes fun of Vay Hek for not having legs. I guess he...

...doesn't have a leg to stand on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most of wf is about going as fast as possible. invisibility lets you apply that to spy vaults. it's certainly possible to do any vault without invisibility, but unless you take it slow you can sometimes fail and get caught. some vaults, getting caught doesn't particularly matter since you can just ignore everything and hack a couple things real fast. other vaults have several mandatory hacks before you can get in, such as some of the kuva fortress vaults. that's still manageable if you can use ciphers, but it will bite you in the rear end on sortie spy.

basically, it pays off to learn the vault layouts and how they work.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Luckily, this handy chart was posted on the reddit

Loki's helpful for spies because you get to learn how the vault is shaped and whatnot with some amount of leisure. Once you're really familiar with the vaults you can run them blindfolded with no abilities, but for that 'getting familiar' stage a stealth frame is pretty helpful.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Warframe improves massively once you have decent mods for your frame and weapons, to the point where it's barely recognizable as the same game. The early gameplay is incredibly lovely, basically forcing you to play it like a cover shooter when the actual Warframe experience is more like playing Diablo with an overpowered character.

I appreciate the feedback, the one above especially has me hopeful!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Don't forget that Loki can teleport swap with his decoy. Laser wall you can't get past? 1,3 done.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

When I was farming Ivara I used Ember, because her 4 will just kill everyone in the vault when you activate it so there's no-one to set off the alarm.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I Am Just a Box posted:

Limbo can't turn invisible to evade Corpus cameras or Grineer sensor regulators, but while in the rift, he can pass through Corpus laser walls without triggering them. (Loki can't, even while invisible, so be ready for those.)

Loki can still Decoy -> Teleport past Corpus laser walls long as you have clear line of sight to place the decoy. There's one particular vault segment that has a bug that prevents decoy placement; IIRC it was that long corridor with the moving laser entry and then the long floor laser segment.

I farmed Ivara earlier this year with Loki trivializing Corpus Spy.

E: It really is trivialized - invisibility to run straight to the vault and to kill anything at the vault for no-alarm runs, like that grid cage with a nullifier crewman and a drone or two in it. A few teleports and you're done. This was an unpotatoed base Loki too, 30 mod points is all you need.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 2, 2019

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587545211 this was helpful for me in learning some of the vault layouts

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Wukong's 2 is basically the 'skip obstacles' button, especially on Corpus tileset. I've used it exclusively to farm those Ivara parts.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Wisp's 2 is as well. Just send her ghost right to where you need it and *boop*.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Avulsion posted:

If you want that effect, use the Bloodshed Sigil with something that contrasts sharply with the rest of your colors. I use a CMYK scheme, my frame is a mix of Blue/Purple and Pink, then the sigil is Yellow. The end result is

These look cool as hell, gj

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
btw Wukongs 2 is affected by running speed, it's basically unplayable indoors with both Rush and Armored Agility

on the other hand it's awesome in the Plains or Vallis

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I only just now realized that Tyl Regor has no arms or legs, and yet he makes fun of Vay Hek for not having legs. I guess he...

...doesn't have a leg to stand on.

boooooo this man

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I just nezha through spy vaults. Go fast and have his 3 up to totally ignore all staggers, knockbacks, and enemies. If an enemy is really annoying you, put them on a pole with his 4 and forget about them. And don’t forget he can teleport with his 2!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The Ivara benefit, and her niche is continually becoming more limited, is that you get to pretty much ignore everything. Some frames can go through lasers, some can invis, but only one trivializes the lot. If you see a Spy mission you pick her and the problem goes away. She's still the only frame I'd tell someone to plat purchase because the argument against it is basically "I find spy really fun" and those people already have Ivara.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ivara is great but some of her parts don't show up until late in the star chart, and by the time you're done grinding spy vaults you'll be so sick of them you'll have no reason to use her. Looking back I think Ivara is definitely a frame that I would have bought early on if I had my time over again.

DelphiAegis posted:

Also as evidenced by recent posts in this thread, the real endgame is covering every inch of your orbiter with floofs.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 2, 2019

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ivara is great but some of her parts don't show up until late in the star chart, and by the time you're done grinding spy vaults you'll be so sick of them you'll have no reason to use her.

Concentrated Arrow builds are fun.

Also her prime is probably gonna hit around the end of this year, which should make her a lot easier to recommend to newer players.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Concentrated Arrow builds can get hilarious. Wanna outdamage a Saryn in Hydron? Because she can't spread spores when the map keeps exploding every 3 seconds.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ivara is great but some of her parts don't show up until late in the star chart, and by the time you're done grinding spy vaults you'll be so sick of them you'll have no reason to use her. Looking back I think Ivara is definitely a frame that I would have bought early on if I had my time over again.

I was only missing a single part and was so sick of spy missions I still just paid plat for her. gently caress that grind, it's worse than Harrow/Atlas.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I am in the camp that Ivara is worse for spy missions than a loki. Simply because being invisible as ivara limits your ease of movement. No Sliding, no bullet jumping can make it a pain to get around even if you can substitute the bullet jump with just climbing up walls.

Ivara has far superior fashion though. She also trivializes most common riven challenges so she has a permanent loadout slot.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm not too thrilled with her fashion, she has a weird color blend thing going on, and I can never get her right. Same with Ember Prime's armpits.

Also, Baro is in, kinda decent on PS4.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Baro is extremely decent on PC - primed elementals for rifles and sidearms, the Prisma Grinlok, some good stances and a cool machete skin that I think is brand new

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Baro is extremely decent on PC - primed elementals for rifles and sidearms, the Prisma Grinlok, some good stances and a cool machete skin that I think is brand new

Does anyone else get a bit messed up because they flipped the weeks baro shows up due to tennocon?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On the subject of the Prisma Grinlok: :whatup:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1157309856543461376

Done Kuria hunting, now to:

Farm mission 2 of profit-taker
Farm NSO for Khora
Farm Exploiter Orb
Farm ESO for the weapons
Farm Syndacate rep so I can trade for the guns from the other three reps
Farm in general

:negative:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I mean, I'll trade SM and RV weapons for like whatever as long as it's either vaguely equitable or with a newbie.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

i assume a survival arby qualifies for the nightwave 30 min survival mission criteria -- anyone know for sure?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Tulip posted:

I mean, I'll trade SM and RV weapons for like whatever as long as it's either vaguely equitable or with a newbie.

If you're on PS4, I'm currently maxed on Veil and could use a Vaykor Hek.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Anora posted:

If you're on PS4, I'm currently maxed on Veil and could use a Vaykor Hek.

sadly not

E: new players - do not be shy about asking for syndicate stuff. The mods in particular are pretty cheap to veterans and there is nothing innately "advanced" about like 100% damage on skana or whatever

Tulip fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1157309856543461376

Done Kuria hunting, now to:

Farm mission 2 of profit-taker
Farm NSO for Khora
Farm Exploiter Orb
Farm ESO for the weapons
Farm Syndacate rep so I can trade for the guns from the other three reps
Farm in general

:negative:

oh you have all the ephemera already? grats...