Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

fool me twice..

Only twice? I wish I had your self control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

some of them I legit enjoyed even though the lag and game breaking poo poo that gets patched a year in

I put a ton of hours into this one and had some fun with Blackout. Glad I got away when i did though

We all know they’re going to find some paywall P2W scheme or get their money somehow though

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 1, 2019

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm sure the game will have some sort of monetization scheme that I will not spend any money on. It will probably launch without any microtransactions in order to get better reviews, just like BO4 did. I'm sure at some point guns will be added to the lootboxes and they be obnoxiously OP for a week or two before they get nerfed into the ground.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

I'm sure the game will have some sort of monetization scheme that I will not spend any money on. It will probably launch without any microtransactions in order to get better reviews, just like BO4 did. I'm sure at some point guns will be added to the lootboxes and they be obnoxiously OP for a week or two before they get nerfed into the ground.

Some of it has already been announced / mentioned: mainly cosmetic variants for attachment and gun parts.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
This is going to be the best Call of Duty game yet!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Some of it has already been announced / mentioned: mainly cosmetic variants for attachment and gun parts.

That’s cool but I’m waiting for the paywall guns with better stats or perks. No way that’s not happening

They’ll deny it then patch them in two weeks in

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mister Facetious posted:

This is going to be the best Call of Duty game yet!

Oh no he’s doing it again

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Oh no he’s doing it again

I’ve run the number and... Macys is right!!!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Need to sell my xim and just be done with it

Though this one does look tempting drat it

Not having to worry about DLC in the price is nice, though I’m sure they still have $80 and $120 versions for pre-order and a $300 one with some lovely electronic

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Gonna be weird playing with my ps4 bros on PC with a controller

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm actually pretty pumped for the new CoD as a Battlefield player. BFV sucks hard and after hearing that they plan to have 64p modes and even a 100+ player ground war mode I'm fully in on the new CoD. Hopefully it eats DICE's lunch and make them actually try on their next outing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

I'm actually pretty pumped for the new CoD as a Battlefield player. BFV sucks hard and after hearing that they plan to have 64p modes and even a 100+ player ground war mode I'm fully in on the new CoD. Hopefully it eats DICE's lunch and make them actually try on their next outing.

Activision has been eating their lunch for a decade, and EA's efforts to copy the formula have all ended in failure.

Anyone remember these gems?

Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor warfighter

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Activision has been eating their lunch for a decade, and EA's efforts to copy the formula have all ended in failure.

Anyone remember these gems?

Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor warfighter

Sure, but it's not like Battlefield was a slouch in number of sales even if it doesn't match CoD. BF1, my personal favorite, sold 15 million copies in its first 4 months which is pretty solid. What I mean is that Battlefield has had a lock on large scale warfare that CoD wasn't aiming for. But if the new modern warfare delivers solid 64p or 100p+ games then why bother with a lovely BFV.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Facetious posted:

Gonna be weird playing with my ps4 bros on PC with a controller
How's all this supposed to work with parties and chat, anyway?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

How's all this supposed to work with parties and chat, anyway?

It won’t. In-game chat or bust.

(Or discord????)

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
The true question on everyone’s mind is will it work with XIM?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

Sure, but it's not like Battlefield was a slouch in number of sales even if it doesn't match CoD. BF1, my personal favorite, sold 15 million copies in its first 4 months which is pretty solid. What I mean is that Battlefield has had a lock on large scale warfare that CoD wasn't aiming for. But if the new modern warfare delivers solid 64p or 100p+ games then why bother with a lovely BFV.

Yeah, I see what you mean now. EA has had a bug up its rear end about trying to match Activision instead of trying to grow the genre they were already king in; the arcade mechanized mil-sim.
And I guess Kotick smells blood with BFV's weak sales, and is looking to increase shareholder value at EA's expense by muscling in.

Hell, they probably have at least a two-in-three chance of pulling it off too; with the exception of Respawn, EA dev houses are rife with mismanagement, and Activision is nothing if not ruthlessly focused in its game design (ignoring WWII).

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 2, 2019

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Yeah, I see what you mean now. EA has had a bug up its rear end about trying to match Activision instead of trying to grow the genre they were already king in; the arcade mechanized mil-sim.
And I guess Kotick smells blood with BFV's weak sales, and is looking to increase shareholder value at EA's expense by muscling in.

Hell, they probably have at least a two-in-three chance of pulling it off too; with the exception of Respawn, EA dev houses are rife with mismanagement, and Activision is nothing if not ruthlessly focused in its game design (ignoring WWII).

It's funny that none of the major publishers seem to notice Ubisoft pulling a major turnaround on Siege. If EA weren't loving short sighted profit chasers they could probably do something similar with BFV but heaven forbid the shareholders wait for a profit. Either way MW definitely looks like it'll hurt an already small BFV playerbase. Good.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Is there supposed to be a br mode in this one

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Is there supposed to be a br mode in this one

No confirmation of one but they've mentioned a game mode that has 100 players or more so not much of a stretch that the game could have a BR mode at some point.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

(Or discord????)

Won’t mind this if they use a good netcode or coding whatever for clarity (lol ya right??)

Did any CODs have noteworthily good mic clarity?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

(Or discord????)

Not true. New PS4 update beta has 16 person parties and voice transcription plus supposedly better chat quality.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Won’t mind this if they use a good netcode or coding whatever for clarity (lol ya right??)

Did any CODs have noteworthily good mic clarity?

iirc IW Cods always had a better chat quality than treyarch releases (360).
With PS4 the system level chat was so superior there wasn't much point in not using it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

El Jebus posted:

New PS4 update beta has 16 person parties and voice transcription plus supposedly better chat quality.

Lol loving finally

Though doesn’t mean cross-play folks will be able to join..?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Lol loving finally

Though doesn’t mean cross-play folks will be able to join..?

No, cross platform people can't join your chat party.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

right so a bit moot 😐

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay I can’t lie the new gameplay is bringing back a lot of mw2/that era of cod nostalgia. It has the right feel that they seemed to have lost right when the mobility era became a thing. I don’t mean just in the movement but with everything. The gunplay, map design, ui. It all feels like a natural extension of what CoD was before.

:shrug: I guess they have my attention

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay I can’t lie the new gameplay is bringing back a lot of mw2/that era of cod nostalgia. It has the right feel that they seemed to have lost right when the mobility era became a thing. I don’t mean just in the movement but with everything. The gunplay, map design, ui. It all feels like a natural extension of what CoD was before.

:shrug: I guess they have my attention

we said the same thing with blops 4 by making comparisons to blops 2, and look how this game turned out.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mister Facetious posted:

we said the same thing with blops 4 by making comparisons to blops 2, and look how this game turned out.

I loved BLOPS4 at launch lmao

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I loved BLOPS4 at launch lmao

We all did KD... we all did.

Mister Facetious posted:

:siren: IT'S GOOD! IT'S GOOD! :siren:

IT'S SO loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :circlefap: :fap: :flashfap:
- October 12, 2018

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 2, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:negative:

I don’t even regret it or anything. I had a lot of fun with the game but I don’t even keep it installed now. The design philosophy is such a disaster. It’s like a formless blob of codlike substances in a game.

e: ahahaha niiiice

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can Activision just buy EA so Respawn can make the next CoD.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Just wandered in since its been a bit since i played and its apocalyptic in here. What went wrong with 4?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ZeusCannon posted:

Just wandered in since its been a bit since i played and its apocalyptic in here. What went wrong with 4?

The MP is trash, the game itself makes the PS4 dashboard virtually unusable, the game patches all 100GB every update.

Blackout is good though

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
For me, it's the opposite: Can't stand the tedium of Battle Royale, but I'm into the regular multiplayer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ZeusCannon posted:

all dev time went to Blackout when it became the only thing people streamed/watched/played. In turn MP turned to an unbalanced poo poo show, Zombies died a slow death, and even Blackout kinda fizzled out because the updates were far and few.

Then they began removing weapons from the operations and making them supply crates only. And then they made those weapons incredibly broken and good, leaving them in the wild for a couple of weeks, then “balancing” them. It’s predatory and real loving lovely.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
When has a CoD multiplayer ever not been an unbalanced mess.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
COD4:MW with 3x frags lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MW2 with OMA was the pinnacle of balance. IW was the perfect game because every gun was broken and powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pacerhimself posted:

COD4:MW with 3x frags lmao

I still say 3x frags wasn't that bad. I used have a lot of fun trying to run through the smoke and hail of grenades on Wet Works.