Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

WerrWaaa posted:

In will call line AMA

Best and worst cosplay you've seen this far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

WerrWaaa posted:

In will call line AMA

Why didnt you get your badge mailed

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The will call lines were moving pretty quickly this year.

:smuggo: Especially in the VIG lounge. / :smuggo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We have 5 people in the tiniest room possible lol. This is gonna be an interesting weekend.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
pregaming in Fountain Square, don’t ask me nothin

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Hey I know this is super late, since the Con starts tomorrow, but people should definitely check out Funko's Funkoverse demo room. Despite what it sounds like, the game system is pretty solid; I did a ton of playtesting on this year.

Additionally, if anyone is willing to drop by there and grab me a pack or two, I would be happy to reimburse.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
SHOTS

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I'm in a rum-spiked coffee power grid game right now, so....close?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

WEDNESDAY!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I finally succumbed to the shots and not just the beer. I blame Matt. rear end in a top hat.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

I need to remind myself to never add events late again.

Will Call sucks.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
This line seems p bad for 4 am but I’m learning that it’s actually p ok right now

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Where da pictures at. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/586135033618890753/606504119913545750/IMG_20190801_103136065.jpg

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Jimbozig posted:

Hey, I guess this is probably the best thread to post this in. I'm not going to GenCon, but Luke Crane will be selling limited copies of Miseries and Misfortunes (at booth 2150) and I'd love it if someone could pick me up a copy. I'm in Toronto, so if there are any Canadian goons willing to help a guy out, I'd be super grateful.

Reposting this since I got no takers the first time. Even if you're not Canadian, I'm happy to pay for shipping. I can PayPal you right away.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Where do I find the bee game?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It's GenCon y'all

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Spend $20 on parking to get my badge tonight or show up early tomorrow...hm

Yoda
Dec 11, 2003

A Jedi I am

Yiggy posted:

Where do I find the bee game?

1941, hit em with a shoe

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
So I did publisher speed dating tonight and it went pretty well.

Indie Game Alliance thinks they can get me a publisher this weekend. They loved my profile and they're going to introduce me to a few publishers tomorrow that they think it's be perfect for. I'm so excited.

Also TMG requested the full rules for it after I impromptu pitched it to them in the show floor.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ZachAttack brought this to the GroupMe's attention and now everyone else has to know also.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sweet dreams all you Beastf*****s

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

What the gently caress

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Yoda posted:

1941, hit em with a shoe

Found it, ty for pointing the way!

Gencon has been pretty great so far. The extent of some of these war game tables is wild I didn’t realize how fleshed out all the corners of this subculture were.

Exhibit hall is dope.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah it is always fun to see how even your most dedicated nerdy friend has nothing on some of the people who come to Gen-Con.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I'm upset that Beastfucker will be this years legacy.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Indie Press Revolution (Booth 1348) has hard copies of Ryuutama the TTRPG for sale for those interested in a copy immediately.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Has anybody else tried the Games on Demand github thing? Because it doesn't appear to do anything on mobile.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Anything fun happening tonight? I'm down to playtest or get drunk(er), whichever comes first

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I had to go back to my hotel early tonight. I was really hoping to get in some gaming and meet up with people, but then the owners of the booth I'm working got sick and I had to close the booth and bring all they money and stuff back to them :(

Oh well.

Everyone should come find me at Indie Game Alliances' booth tomorrow between 3 and 5. I'll be demoing my Walking Doggos game. Come walk doggos with me. Cuz Doggos are awesome.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

We're Doomed is legit and made me break my rule of only RPGs this year.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Tried Tudor and Scythe today. Was too slow on the uptake to do any good in Tudor but I won our Scythe game which was a lot of fun.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

We're Doomed is legit and made me break my rule of only RPGs this year.

My group bounced hard on this one. Dissapointing because the production was beautiful. A little too wacky take-that for our tastes.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If you doomed assholes don’t stop clapping I’m gonna find that card and destroy it

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Saw a table of about 5 or so Waluigis in the library today.

Also, first time I saw the library so full they weren't accepting generics.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Played one round of The King’s Dilemma but it was extremely fun.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Indie Press Revolution (Booth 1348) has hard copies of Ryuutama the TTRPG for sale for those interested in a copy immediately.

Is it a new edition or something? I got one a couple of years ago. It's a very pretty book, a looks like a nifty game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone looking for lunch, check out Tomlinson tap house. It's a few blocks away but no wait, great food and great beer all pretty cheap. And theyll pour you a beer to go

Dont get stuck in the 1 hr joellas line lol

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

M a x posted:

Saw a table of about 5 or so Waluigis in the library today.

Also, first time I saw the library so full they weren't accepting generics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5FSasCBKKJHV7gEK9

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Ryuutama is not new but is still nifty. Great little game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Spent many hours in the auction this year and got nothing. But drat that Half Price Books booth has been lit.