Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

site posted:

dont be, i literally could not care less about mobas. the only reason i know about that video is cuz a friend linked it to me

Oh, that's fair. I keep up on industry chatter as I am a gaming-industry refugee, but I got the (positive!) impression that you were plugged into the nerd-culture sort of news stream in general.

Not caring about MOBAs is probably the healthiest attitude to have about them, really.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
a long time ago i was, but then i grew up and became poor and cant afford things like upgrading my computer and buying new consoles, and since i cant do that, following the video game scene has become much less of a priority

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

edit: nevermind chimps are apes? Maybe? gently caress, man, monkeys

Yeah, I also thought of detective chimp, but he's an ape, the major difference is if they have a prehensile tail or not.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

Are there any famous monkeys in comics? It's entirely apes from my recollection.

Fake edit: the Capuchin from Y: the Last Man, I guess.

Does Gorilla Grodd count? Also the other one, I think the king of Gorilla city, both are flash villains I think.

The kids on Super Friends had one, too.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Speaking of industry terribleness, there were also the flying monkeys in Fables.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Anora posted:

Does Gorilla Grodd count? Also the other one, I think the king of Gorilla city, both are flash villains I think.

Those are apes.

EDIT: You're right about Gleek though, that's a monkey.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
goku

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Skwirl posted:

Are there any famous monkeys in comics? It's entirely apes from my recollection.

Yo, how you be forgetting my man Detective Chimp?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Covok posted:

Chimps are apes.

But you know who isn't an ape? The monkey with a gun from Hellboy.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Covok posted:

Chimpanzees are great apes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anora posted:

Gorillas are apes, that thing on super friends was an alien.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Ape/Monkey distinction is as pointless as the crocodile/alligator one.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Skwirl posted:

Gorillas are apes, that thing on super friends was an alien.
Beppo the Super Monkey is also an alien (but a monkey alien).
Titano the Super Ape is a (super) ape from Earth, though.

The DC Wikia considers both Beppo and Gleek "monkeys".

Meanwhile the Marvel Wikia does not include Hit-Monkey for some reason.

Mandrills are apparently monkeys, but The Mandrill is not.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

420 Gank Mid posted:

Chimpanzees are great apes

I don’t know what’s so great about them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I don’t know what’s so great about them.
You loving take that back
Detective Chimp is great.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Did you all skip Primate Education Day at your orphanariums and child warehouses?

APE: Smart, big, no tail, long-lived, high rampage potential
MONKEY: Clever, small, tail (usually), medium-lived, medium rampage potential (increases in groups)

Chimps, gorillas and orangutans are all apes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I blame Diddy Kong for confusing an entire generation.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

The marsupilami is kinda a monkey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsupilami

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Skwirl posted:

You loving take that back
Detective Chimp is great.

Wrong. Detective Chimp is a Republican.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

No they loving aren't

The wikipedia article you link to posted:

According to the L'Encyclopédie du Marsupilami, they are monotremes like the platypus and echidna, which explains why they lay eggs while having mammalian features.[7]

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I also thought of detective chimp, but he's an ape, the major difference is if they have a prehensile tail or not.

Not necessarily. Old World monkeys in general don't have prehensile tails (and some have no tails), only New World species do. There's only five species of apes: humans, gorillas, orangutans, chimpanzees, and gibbons. The first four are classified as "great apes" while gibbons are "lesser apes".

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/RenfamousX/status/1157344826293022720?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SHE'S BRAGGING ABOUT IT

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's because she DID destroy his crappy mailbox. Clearly. With mind bullets. That's telekinesis, Kyle.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

That's because she DID destroy his crappy mailbox. Clearly. With mind bullets. That's telekinesis, Kyle.

How about the power to move you?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Nuns with Guns posted:

Not necessarily. Old World monkeys in general don't have prehensile tails (and some have no tails), only New World species do. There's only five species of apes: humans, gorillas, orangutans, chimpanzees, and gibbons. The first four are classified as "great apes" while gibbons are "lesser apes".

I'd say humans are "okay apes" at best

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Also bonobos, the chimpanzees that gently caress..

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Science needs to rename Chimpanzees to rear end in a top hat Bonobos.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Puppy Time posted:

I'd say humans are "okay apes" at best

Humans are passable. However...

HMS Beagle posted:

Also bonobos, the chimpanzees that gently caress..

I wasn't specifying different subspecies, but if I were I'd say the greatest ape is the Westen Hoolock Gibbon, science be damned

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Baboons are the best and you just need to accept that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

Baboons are the best and you just need to accept that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3hX1VtgFw

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

A lot of humans (the worst apes by far) getting killed. So their point stands.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Qlippot/status/1157338088248684544

Apparently that was the source of Doug and EVS' 'falling out.' (Let_them_fight.gif)

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Dallas News has covered Mignogna

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2019/08/03/anime-gets-metoo-moment-clash-dallas-area-voice-actors

The VicStans obviously reacted well to this press attention and look entirely normal in their replies. You can find the link to their comments on the article if you want, but I figured a saturday evening wasn't the time to be posting links to really offensive abusive language.

PST fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 3, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It gets better.

https://twitter.com/RenfamousX/status/1157790351442272256

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Apparently Screech (Nick) is a trust fund kid who was previously connected (or related) to Ty. Vic had tried to hire lawyers who took one (or a second) look at his case and said 'gently caress no' and Nick pushed for it to be Ty. See also his repeated promotion, trying to drum up extra business for him (frog god games sexual harassment etc.).

Whether it crosses into unethical i don't know based on their different states' rules, but it'd certainly be something Vic could try and raise if he wanted to on losing.

Which he won't, because they'll be a new appeal go fund me account.

Financially it's better for Ty and Nick to lose...

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

PST posted:

Apparently Screech (Nick) is a trust fund kid who was previously connected (or related) to Ty. Vic had tried to hire lawyers who took one (or a second) look at his case and said 'gently caress no' and Nick pushed for it to be Ty. See also his repeated promotion, trying to drum up extra business for him (frog god games sexual harassment etc.).

Whether it crosses into unethical i don't know based on their different states' rules, but it'd certainly be something Vic could try and raise if he wanted to on losing.

Which he won't, because they'll be a new appeal go fund me account.

Financially it's better for Ty and Nick to lose...

From what I understand Beard is an estate lawyer who got rich handling the property of Rekita's parents dead rich friends.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PST posted:

I've lost track of who's who, why do you call Nick Screech? For a moment I was worried Dustin Diamond was involved. I mean, between the sex tape and being jailed for pulling a knife in a bar fight Diamond isn't exactly a nostalgic joy either, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I've lost track of who's who, why do you call Nick Screech? For a moment I was worried Dustin Diamond was involved. I mean, between the sex tape and being jailed for pulling a knife in a bar fight Diamond isn't exactly a nostalgic joy either, but...

He kind of looks like an older version of Screech from saved by the bell.

Ty is Percy because that's his real name.

Sorry, force of habit because the chuds get really annoyed at people mocking their idols.

Also they're super, super angry about the dallas news article and desperate to let everyone know.