Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just GIS them and you are right. WTF were they thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The target nearest to me at the moment has a ton of Creator sets on their 50-70% off clearance aisle, but they’re all ringing up at full price, and the staff just shrug. :saddowns:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hopper posted:

The hidden side boxes are the ugliest boxes Lego ever made. I am totally not interested in the whole thing but the boxes stood out so much I went and had a look. You can't even properly tell what the model looks like from the front of the box. I didn't bother turning them...

It seems pretty obvious what the sets are from the boxes I googled.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The_Doctor posted:

The target nearest to me at the moment has a ton of Creator sets on their 50-70% off clearance aisle, but they’re all ringing up at full price, and the staff just shrug. :saddowns:

Target's markdown process is manual. A team shows up once or twice a week to enable the prices. If the in store scanners or printed labels don't show the marked down price, the staff won't do poo poo. Really annoying, they'll just blame customers moving merch.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

duz posted:

Target's markdown process is manual. A team shows up once or twice a week to enable the prices. If the in store scanners or printed labels don't show the marked down price, the staff won't do poo poo. Really annoying.

Of course they shouldn't be on the clearance endcap or in a clearance section of the aisle at all if the price change team hasn't got to them yet. :shrug: When in doubt, trust the clearance sticker and only the clearance sticker.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The box art isn't great, but damned if I know how a better way to show the set has a regular and spooky mode enabled by your phone.

Edit: maybe one of those images that change while you walk past. Those are probably relatively expensive though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Mine had a small handful of City and Star Wars on clearance, but only for 10% off :sigh:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I think it's all the added effects on the images. Most box covers have a fairly accurate to real life representation of the set with only a few effects added, like movement lines. The Hidden Side sets have so many added effects that they look more like a cartoon than a real set.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

FBS posted:

Of course they shouldn't be on the clearance endcap or in a clearance section of the aisle at all if the price change team hasn't got to them yet. :shrug: When in doubt, trust the clearance sticker and only the clearance sticker.

Get the target app and use their scanner to confirm. That being said the deals from target vs Walmart this week is pretty stark in my area. Some targets near me still have stock of sets that were retired a year ago.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Target is terrible about marking down stale LEGO inventory. It’ll be at the last possible minute and weeks to months past when Walmart flushes their stuff. Targets near me still trying to get full price for those unikitty cmf blind bags when Walmart is just trying to get .50 for any you find under their roof.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

deoju posted:

The box art isn't great, but damned if I know how a better way to show the set has a regular and spooky mode enabled by your phone.

Edit: maybe one of those images that change while you walk past. Those are probably relatively expensive though.

take 2 pictures of the set, one normal one transformed. the show the left half of one and the right half of the other divided by a lightning-shaped line the runs from top left to bottom right to make it less boring than a vertical divider. It's not hard to not cover half the box in a fake AR cell phone comic.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yiggy posted:

Target is terrible about marking down stale LEGO inventory. It’ll be at the last possible minute and weeks to months past when Walmart flushes their stuff. Targets near me still trying to get full price for those unikitty cmf blind bags when Walmart is just trying to get .50 for any you find under their roof.

Target is the last place you want to check for deals generally. Amazon is usually pretty in line with Wal Mart on price drops at least.

Wal Mart is the only place that goes to absolute rock bottom clearance regularly though.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Good time to hit up your local Meijer's, Lego Movie 2, Star Wars, Overwatch and more are 40% off. Note that this is at managerial discretion so it might not apply to your store.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
All the major shops where I am (New Zealand) seem to be clearing out LM2 stuff as well, I guess it flopped. On a related note, does anyone know when the three new LM2 sets are being released? Catalogues say August but not an exact date. I want to get my hands on a Disco Benny!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Cloks posted:

Good time to hit up your local Meijer's, Lego Movie 2, Star Wars, Overwatch and more are 40% off. Note that this is at managerial discretion so it might not apply to your store.

I picked up the banana guy with his tiki hut for $1.50 :3:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I love this Hidden Side theme, might pick up most of these sets.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

That's a hell of a reward

The rest of Series 19

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I wonder if the reward is supposed to close be the total number of Lego bricks ever made. I think there's supposed to be something like 50 Lego parts for every single person on Earth.
I'm pretty keen on that one actually, but I'm a sucker for all things vintage Space and that guy has a Blacktron logo on his torso.

There's a couple of other cool throwbacks in this series, namely the knight with the Fright Knights shield and the Johnny Thunder lookalike.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That coder girl is pretty cool, her shirt says LEGO.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Potential BFF posted:

That's a hell of a reward

The rest of Series 19

I love the Knight and the Blacktron dude. :allears:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

I love the Knight and the Blacktron dude. :allears:

Those two are my favorites as well.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
It's a little hard to tell (and I don't keep up with Lego enough to know if they've done this before) but is the rugby player's torso angled slightly to imply posture?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tenterhooks posted:

It's a little hard to tell (and I don't keep up with Lego enough to know if they've done this before) but is the rugby player's torso angled slightly to imply posture?

Only for the promo picture. In real life its just a normal torso.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just came across this at Target, hadn’t seen anything on it yet. I have to say, mullet man running the game booth is just perfect!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
For a month with cool stuff coming out there's a serious lack of spend xx get yy promos. Definitely gonna wait a while before picking up anything

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Nobody has mentioned that the adventurer is just Johnny Thunder?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

For a month with cool stuff coming out there's a serious lack of spend xx get yy promos. Definitely gonna wait a while before picking up anything

I ordered a bunch of spare parts from the Pick a Brick section and got the promotional Pelican Creator set. Weirdly they came separate - so I was freaking out when a large Lego box arrived with only the small pelican... They were coming from separate countries but I was terrified that some stole my lego!

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Oh man a chameleon and a dachshund

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Amazon's got Voltron on sale for $159.01: https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ideas-Voltron-Building-Pieces/dp/B07D4BWZ3T

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Whoa, I haven't been watching the recent lines, this is the first I've seen this set.

It looks amazing, does it really live up the promise?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Squashy Nipples posted:

Whoa, I haven't been watching the recent lines, this is the first I've seen this set.

Yes it is FANTASTIC.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IEarths/status/1157347154194837504?s=20

That reflection in the helmut ...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

It transforms and combines, so yeah.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

:magical:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Squashy Nipples posted:

It’s better than that.

If you at all like LEGO or Voltron it’s incredible.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I got that sucker last month when Walmart had it for 20% off. It's sitting in my closet until my birthday later this month, and then my son and I are going to go to loving town on it.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Habibi posted:

I got that sucker last month when Walmart had it for 20% off. It's sitting in my closet until my birthday later this month, and then my son and I are going to go to loving town on it.

it is great that each lion is its own build. My son and I had a blast putting it together. Well, more accurately I'm his parts bitch while he builds my Lego :P

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

jassi007 posted:

it is great that each lion is its own build. My son and I had a blast putting it together. Well, more accurately I'm his parts bitch while he builds my Lego :P

That's a big reason I'm looking forward to it. Always nice to have sets that have parallel builds for this reason. Also makes sets that have large repetitive elements (like Saturn V) significantly less tedious.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

jassi007 posted:

:same:

Sometimes I am only allowed to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrChud posted:

Just came across this at Target, hadn’t seen anything on it yet. I have to say, mullet man running the game booth is just perfect!

I've always wanted a Danny McBride minifig.