Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip your twenty-four cents

if the economy collapses in the fall we won't be in recession according to this market. a recession is defined as two quarters of negative gdp growth, which means for you to be correct the economy must begin contracting right now; we're almost halfway done with q3 already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imo castro wanes between debates. buy at .01 and sell at .02 during the one sick burn he gets next month

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
still got my bernie shares at 14, selling at 25. even if it's just him and kamala or joe down the home stretch, i imagine those still top out under 40

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The biggest debate bump market had a wacky result. Based on their use of Rasmussen, Tulsi edges out Booker for the biggest bump ( 2.51% rounded up to a 3% gain over her prior 0% result). She wasn't among the contracts listed, so the field won and all contracts resolved No. Anyone playing the negative risk game made out like a bandit.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rasmussen strikes again!

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Flipping 1c shares up to 3c or something thereabouts?

Sorry I never answered this months ago. I bet a lot of "long-shots" like will Sherrod Brown run, will Biden run, and cashed out about $15000 in late April. Since then I am about negative $500, even after recently getting pretty big wins on "Will Steyer make the debate" and "How many candidates will drop out before August 31". I have got pretty wrecked betting on polls, it's definitely a fool's game.

Edit: I am currently bought in pretty heavy for "New Dem frontrunner" (Bernie @ 6c), "Next to dropout" (Biden @ 15c), and "Gabbard in Oct debate" (YES @ 50c)

CassandraZara has issued a correction as of 19:39 on Sep 5, 2019

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
As long as this thread isn't totally dead, NC-09 was giving away money tonight.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it didn’t seem immediately obvious who would win, i thought. or was the market just wackily swinging?

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

abelwingnut posted:

it didn’t seem immediately obvious who would win, i thought. or was the market just wackily swinging?

Both. It was Ossoff 2.0. Bishop was trading in the 30's after the early vote dump depite all the analysis showing McReady had underperformed in that department.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Debate mention markets are back, baby!

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5870/Will-a-Houston-debate-candidate-mention-Sharpie

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5871/Will-a-Houston-debate-candidate-mention-mandatory-buyback

Time to get degenerate!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Made ~$500 on these, the mandatory buyback market in particular was hilarious.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Is there an entry for homeless people being forced into military conscription?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr. Dick posted:

Is there an entry for homeless people being forced into military conscription?

Not yet.

Note: post below reserved for Tercio.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The CHUDs are getting frothy again and think Hillary is going to run. It's free real estate.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/4614/Will-Hillary-Clinton-run-for-president-in-2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

only trouble is that market won’t close for like another year

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

only trouble is that market won’t close for like another year

Yep. The hope is that after the registration deadlines etc. pass it will trend to 99c or thereabouts. I already have my sell orders set.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think today is a good day to bet NO on Bernie in this market

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5693/Which-of-these-Democrats-will-drop-out-next

I previously had YES bets on both Biden and Harris, which I’m basically breakeven on after today’s news, but I think that this minor surgery is something that Bernie is going to bounce back from quickly.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Also a pretty good day to pick up some Bernie YES nomination shares. It was down as low as 5c on Wednesday, but still under 10c is a steal considering his strong fundraising. He will surely peak higher than that even if he doesn't win.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

i say swears online posted:

rip your twenty-four cents

if the economy collapses in the fall we won't be in recession according to this market. a recession is defined as two quarters of negative gdp growth, which means for you to be correct the economy must begin contracting right now; we're almost halfway done with q3 already.

that's right, it's getting pretty late, exited @ 3.5c

Vox Nihili posted:

The CHUDs are getting frothy again and think Hillary is going to run. It's free real estate.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/4614/Will-Hillary-Clinton-run-for-president-in-2020

some of the adjacent markets are hugely overvalued, probably because i'm guessing of the hilldawg

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/2902/Will-the-2020-Democratic-nominee-for-president-be-a-woman

that's 13c above Warren winning

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally sold my “Will Hillary run” shares @ 21c, which I felt like an idiot for buying at 12c many months ago.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

CassandraZara posted:

Finally sold my “Will Hillary run” shares @ 21c, which I felt like an idiot for buying at 12c many months ago.

Making money by flipping insane bargain bets up to crazy people is the best part of Predictit.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Vox Nihili posted:

Making money by flipping insane bargain bets up to crazy people is the best part of Predictit.

Mayor Pete.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a way to edit your dashboard? I much preferred having the markets on my watchlist on the left side of the screen over seeing how other people did.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

CassandraZara posted:

Is there a way to edit your dashboard? I much preferred having the markets on my watchlist on the left side of the screen over seeing how other people did.

Not that I am aware of.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Also a pretty good day to pick up some Bernie YES nomination shares. It was down as low as 5c on Wednesday, but still under 10c is a steal considering his strong fundraising. He will surely peak higher than that even if he doesn't win.

hope everyone picked this up

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
vote for daddie bernie bitch

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
If anyone picked up Rick Perry to be the next to leave the White House when it was at $0.67 this morning it's now sitting at 93

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

picking up some Hillary yes for a laugh

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

picking up some Hillary yes for a laugh

Theres a thriving marketplace of people buying Hillary yes for cheap and flipping them upwards when the CHUD contingent stumbles upon the contract. High risk work, but their demand is loving insatiable.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had huge wins over the weekend on both the “Post-debate RCP bump” and “Post-debate RCP decline” markets by just betting on the movement that had already happened, but I am definitely out before any actual post-debate polls come in (except for some fun long shots).

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5914/Will-the-Senate-convict-Donald-Trump-on-impeachment-in-his-first-term

This seems like free money

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

thanks. I'm gonna heavily invest in no 2019 impeachment to boost my capital, then go all in on this. hopefully the no price won't have dropped by then, but I'm not expecting it to since everyone holding yes shares must be completely irrational and not likely to budge

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5913/How-many-articles-of-impeachment-of-Trump-will-the-House-pass-by-3-31

bracket zero should almost certainly crash to zero by january as well

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Made $300 on the Kentucky margin of victory market for tonight. Looking at the Mississippi margin market and wondering if I should dive in.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Made $300 on the Kentucky margin of victory market for tonight. Looking at the Mississippi margin market and wondering if I should dive in.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Indeed. Loaded for bear going into Louisiana.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bloomberg’s entry today has helped my negative risk situation in the primary market. I’m now in the money for all outcomes aside from Biden/Pete/Bloomberg. Thanks Mike!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lol Bloomberg even with Bernie

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I managed to max Bloomberg getting in at an average of 72c, it’s still available for 74c. He’s put in the time and money to qualify for the Alabama presidential primary, and if he spent $5000 doing that, he must file with the FEC within two weeks.

edit: third name down http://aldemocrats.org/blog/qualified_candidates_for_march_3_2020_primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

CassandraZara posted:

I managed to max Bloomberg getting in at an average of 72c, it’s still available for 74c. He’s put in the time and money to qualify for the Alabama presidential primary, and if he spent $5000 doing that, he must file with the FEC within two weeks.

edit: third name down http://aldemocrats.org/blog/qualified_candidates_for_march_3_2020_primary

From the little digging I did before I cashed out (for a few bucks playing swings on No), the filing fee in Alabama is $2500. The petiton requirements are either 500 sigs statewide, or 50 sigs from each of the 7 congressional districts. Those are expensive signatures if he paid 2500 for them.