Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Archyduchess posted:

What do they actually grow?

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
It turns out krakoa seeds are cornflower, which is pretty at least and I suppose easy enough for the average comic book nerd to keep alive.

Edit: It's funny, I often idly think about Hickman as an extremely weird disciple of German Romanticism in some ways, in good and bad ways, so packaging his comics with a bit of Blaue Blumen is pretty funny.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 2, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Anyone have experience using Marvel Unlimited on a windows tablet? I know there's no app, but I've used the wed interface a couple of times for screen shots and I'm borrowing a windows laptop with a touch screen that can fold over like a tablet so I was thinking of re-upping for a month, I don't mind switching to normal while searching for stuff, just want to know if navigating inside the comic works with a touch screen and I can't seem to find the free comics they used to have to test it before I pay up.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Archyduchess posted:

It turns out krakoa seeds are cornflower, which is pretty at least and I suppose easy enough for the average comic book nerd to keep alive.

Pollinators and butterflies like them too, I think, so that’s nice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Krakoa seeds weren't sunflowers at my comic store. I don't remember what, but it was two words both starting with B (maybe there's another phrase for sunflower that's two words starting with B? I didn't see any in a quick google). I'll see if they have any next time I'm in.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

The Krakoa seeds weren't sunflowers at my comic store. I don't remember what, but it was two words both starting with B (maybe there's another phrase for sunflower that's two words starting with B? I didn't see any in a quick google). I'll see if they have any next time I'm in.

Archyduchess posted:

Edit: It's funny, I often idly think about Hickman as an extremely weird disciple of German Romanticism in some ways, in good and bad ways, so packaging his comics with a bit of Blaue Blumen is pretty funny.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone else reading Magnificent Ms.Marvel?
Spoiler warning, but I don't like them wiping her parents memory for her secret identity
I hate when they regress things like that.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Covok posted:

Spoiler warning, but I don't like them wiping her parents memory for her secret identity

:same:

It's been a really fun book but ugh do I hate that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah im not sure why that needed to happen either

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Skwirl posted:

It’s not sunflowers. It’s bachelor’s button, aka cornflower.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

:same:

It's been a really fun book but ugh do I hate that

I'm 50/50 on it. If it was more her parents and her fussing and growing closer, it would be more what I wanted. Especially without the big reset. The alien stuff was boring to me. With Ms. Marvel, I always go back to how Wilson had an entire issue where she was on a run away train...going two miles an hour...where she topped off for 7-11 halfway through...and was spending the whole time musing on her life...and it was good. That's what I kind of like in Kamala's stories. The parents being there saved this story. Without it, it would not be what I'm looking for. But the parent's element was too in the background for me so I felt a little "meh" on this opening arc.

But, considering the plot reveal at the end, I can see the parents and her family getting more focus, which is what I want.

I kind of knew this was always going to happen when Wilson left, though. Wilson did not write Ms. Marvel like a superhero book, really. Not all the time, at least. One cover did an Archie parody and its appropriate since the book sometimes was more slice of life. So, I knew any other writer was going to play up the superhero elements more because, well, that's kind of what one would expect to happen. And it would drift a bit from what I wanted. But, Ahmed is a great writer and I like his other work. Given time, I'm sure things will get better.

Covok fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 3, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Wow, all that and she didn't even have to sell a marriage to the devil!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I saw that, it's not that one

PantsOptional posted:

It’s not sunflowers. It’s bachelor’s button, aka cornflower.

There we go. That's what my store had, I don't know what those are.

Fake edit, those are a completely different flowers than sunflowers.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I saw that, it's not that one

There we go. That's what my store had, I don't know what those are.

Fake edit, those are a completely different flowers than sunflowers.

I figured that was german for corn flower since Archy mentioned that earlier in her post. WHOOPS

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

TwoPair posted:

Wow, all that and she didn't even have to sell a marriage to the devil!

Was there ever a point where anyone found out about all that and was like, "Are you loving serious, Parker?"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dan Didio posted:

Was there ever a point where anyone found out about all that and was like, "Are you loving serious, Parker?"

No, because that would mean acknowledging the deal, and if they did that they'd have to bring the marriage back.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The deal was acknowledged in Joe Key''s Spider-Man/Deadpool and looks like it's going to be acknowledged in Nick Spencer's ASM

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Immortal Hulk's interpretation of Joe Fixit is just absolutely stellar.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How was Future Foundation? Was thinking about picking that up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Open Marriage Night posted:

How was Future Foundation? Was thinking about picking that up.
It was really good! I think the art's going to take a bit to grow on me, though.

Gotta admit, was not expecting Deathlocket (it's Dethlocket, right?) to be who they were rescuing, I was expecting Xavin. I'll be honest, my initial response was 'oh god no, not more Dethlocket', since I immediately associate her with Avengers Arena/Undercover and that's a sore spot, but I'll wait and see where it goes. The question of where all her cyborg bits went (and where she's been if not on the 616) is intriguing. Plus it's got the Maker in it, and he's always fun.

On a FF related note, I binged all of Power Pack I could find on Marvel Unlimited in preparation for that and the oneshot coming out in a few weeks, and it was delightful (although it gets dark sometimes).

Black Cat continues to be great (although I'll be honest, the art did seem a little iffy in one or two places). I dug her getting mistaken for Silver Sable (that's got to have happened before, right?) and her just immediately rolling with it.

The Sensational Spider-Man oneshot was great, although I'm probably biased (as the Designated BSS Spider-Girl Fan) towards liking DeFalco's Spidey-related stuff.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Guys. Black Cat is still so good. Vulpes, please tell me this is selling well enough that its got some legs.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I don't know any numbers after #1, but it seems to be doing well enough to stick around for a bit (as vague as that might sound). My original hope was for 10 issues for a story, a goal which is looking pretty safe, and I know where we're going after that.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's a book I really love making, so I'm always happy to hear that other people like the same stuff I like (as my comic-writing philosophy is rapidly becoming defined by rampant self-indulgence).

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I don't know any numbers after #1, but it seems to be doing well enough to stick around for a bit (as vague as that might sound). My original hope was for 10 issues for a story, a goal which is looking pretty safe, and I know where we're going after that.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's a book I really love making, so I'm always happy to hear that other people like the same stuff I like (as my comic-writing philosophy is rapidly becoming defined by rampant self-indulgence).

This tour through Marvel's denizens of NYC is great. Really looking forward to seeing who appears in the next issue.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

It was really good! I think the art's going to take a bit to grow on me, though.

Gotta admit, was not expecting Deathlocket (it's Dethlocket, right?) to be who they were rescuing, I was expecting Xavin. I'll be honest, my initial response was 'oh god no, not more Dethlocket', since I immediately associate her with Avengers Arena/Undercover and that's a sore spot, but I'll wait and see where it goes. The question of where all her cyborg bits went (and where she's been if not on the 616) is intriguing. Plus it's got the Maker in it, and he's always fun.

On a FF related note, I binged all of Power Pack I could find on Marvel Unlimited in preparation for that and the oneshot coming out in a few weeks, and it was delightful (although it gets dark sometimes).

Black Cat continues to be great (although I'll be honest, the art did seem a little iffy in one or two places). I dug her getting mistaken for Silver Sable (that's got to have happened before, right?) and her just immediately rolling with it.

The Sensational Spider-Man oneshot was great, although I'm probably biased (as the Designated BSS Spider-Girl Fan) towards liking DeFalco's Spidey-related stuff.

Here's what is weirding me out about the spoilers Deathlocket was JUST seen in a War of the Realms tie in not only still all cyborged out, but hanging out with a bunch of LMDs and stuff. Also, I know ever reality has a slice of the Maker in it, but now we have two in one reality?

Is Savage Avengers ending? I liked the concept, even if it was moving a bit too slow for me.

Black Cat continues to be wonderful. I think I got a couple converts posting that double magic panel on my facebook.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Soonmot posted:

Here's what is weirding me out about the spoilers Deathlocket was JUST seen in a War of the Realms tie in not only still all cyborged out, but hanging out with a bunch of LMDs and stuff. Also, I know ever reality has a slice of the Maker in it, but now we have two in one reality?

Black Cat continues to be wonderful. I think I got a couple converts posting that double magic panel on my facebook.

Future Foundation #1 Spoilers: I saw speculation that it is Rikki Barnes. Also, I know she moves fast but Julie Power getting a side shave and a GF (I hope) so quickly after going full disaster lesbian is amazing. :allears:

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Awesome. The spells failing against "Silver Sable" bit was so good, and I loved the Judge Dredd homage punch. So glad that we got to see more of the snakes and Bats too - here's to self-indulgence!

Invisible Woman #2 showing off Sue's powers in cool ways, as done by Waid (using Black Widow again to good effect) and De Iulis' fantastic art was excellent this week.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Soonmot posted:

]Is Savage Avengers ending? I liked the concept, even if it was moving a bit too slow for me.
I was confused by the "to be concluded" on the last page too, but the current arc wraps up next issue and a sixth issue that seems to start a new arc is solicited for October, so maybe it just means "this story is to be concluded".

quote:

Frank Castle never was much of a religious man...but now he’s firmly “Crom-curious”

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

Gotta admit, was not expecting Deathlocket (it's Dethlocket, right?) to be who they were rescuing, I was expecting Xavin. I'll be honest, my initial response was 'oh god no, not more Dethlocket', since I immediately associate her with Avengers Arena/Undercover and that's a sore spot, but I'll wait and see where it goes. The question of where all her cyborg bits went (and where she's been if not on the 616) is intriguing.

was that who that was? i couldnt tell since she was just in that mcelroys wotr tie in and she was all cyborged up and on earth

e: between gurihiru's work and aero, i have decided marvel needs to hire even more manga artists

site fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 8, 2019

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Soonmot posted:

Is Savage Avengers ending? I liked the concept, even if it was moving a bit too slow for me.

i think it's been kinda dull, but conan swinging wolverine around like he's a sword was worth it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

I read PP growing up as a kid and it was a bit traumatizing from time to time. I still remember vividly Julie's shins getting cut to ribbons trying to do her signature move on a guy whose skin was like razors and he didn't realize it. Yikes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Soonmot posted:

Metalshark posted:

Future Foundation #1 Spoilers: I saw speculation that it is Rikki Barnes. Also, I know she moves fast but Julie Power getting a side shave and a GF (I hope) so quickly after going full disaster lesbian is amazing. :allears:

site posted:

was that who that was? i couldnt tell since she was just in that mcelroys wotr tie in and she was all cyborged up and on earth

e: between gurihiru's work and aero, i have decided marvel needs to hire even more manga artists
Well, her name is Rebecca and she apparently knows of some of the Avengers Academy students, so she fits the evidence. Not sure that Rikki Barnes would fit that profile (well, her name's Rebecca, but did she ever know the Avengers Academy students? I thought she died before that series). I guess maybe there was an editorial messup somewhere where they didn't expect that multiple people would want to use her in different books.

Gymer
May 30, 2012
I've been picking up Aero mostly for the back-up story featuring wave. And the Agents of Atlas issue has a back-up featuring the original crew.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

:agreed:

Soonmot posted:

Wait, is that actually a thing? I only knew the "he comes in slices" thing from a caption in... I think Al Ewing's New Avengers(?), which I thought was just a joke referring to how Molecule Man sliced him up.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 9, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: double post

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hulk says trans rights

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Hulk smashes terfs

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I really, really like Ewing's Fixit

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The art on Aero is just peak quality anime enough for it to be pretty fun to experience instead of being an awkward fit for Western comics. I think most of us still have some trauma from the Marvel Mangaverse, and this thankfully ain't it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TwoPair posted:

:agreed:

Wait, is that actually a thing? I only knew the "he comes in slices" thing from a caption in... I think Al Ewing's New Avengers(?), which I thought was just a joke referring to how Molecule Man sliced him up.

It was explained during the latter half run of his Ultimates series. That was Maker's appearance post Secret Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, her name is Rebecca and she apparently knows of some of the Avengers Academy students, so she fits the evidence. Not sure that Rikki Barnes would fit that profile (well, her name's Rebecca, but did she ever know the Avengers Academy students? I thought she died before that series). I guess maybe there was an editorial messup somewhere where they didn't expect that multiple people would want to use her in different books.

Future Foundation #1: She knows Gravity and Spider-Girl, and Onslaught Unleashed provides a potential explanation for her being in a private prison in space I suppose? We'll see, but for what it's worth the wiki has it as Rikki so it may have been confirmed somewhere, or they're assuming: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Future_Foundation_Vol_1_1