Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Crakkerjakk posted:

Majority Report twitch stream is still running.

Lmao it was because they changed their title to "Fun with minecraft!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

The Revolutions podcast episode on historical materialism is a pretty succinct and clear explanation on basic Marxist theory. I thought Mike Duncan did a really good job on that episode to make the ideas of Marxism approachable and demystified from a lot of the lofty language that developed around Marxism and communism in the 20th century.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The Glenn Greenwald pod should really have been a 1 on 1 interview.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Gripweed posted:

He's doing them in chronological order because, as you will discover, all the major revolutions have a surprising amount of links and even shared characters

Yeah a bunch of seasons in a row have the eternal sadness of the Marquis de Laffayette as a recurring subplot.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah a bunch of seasons in a row have the eternal sadness of the Marquis de Laffayette as a recurring subplot.

Also that weird french admiral who bounced from the american to french revolutions only to end up in the Haitian revolution where he fed people to dogs

Edit: Also Napoleon

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Also that weird french admiral who bounced from the american to french revolutions only to end up in the Haitian revolution where he fed people to dogs

Edit: Also Napoleon
Nah that was crazy/racist Viscount of Rochambeau who was the son of the Admiral Count of Rochambeau who was in the American Revolution.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Toplowtech posted:

Nah that was crazy/racist Viscount of Rochambeau who was the son of the Admiral Count of Rochambeau who was in the American Revolution.

And his son went on to create the popular game that still shares the family name

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gripweed posted:

He's doing them in chronological order because, as you will discover, all the major revolutions have a surprising amount of links and even shared characters

Yeah I hadnt really appreciated just how directly the American revolution led to the french one, which in turn led to both the Haitian and South American ones. Let alone the further fallout of the french one leading straight to the rest of the episodes

What im saying is that America is #1 baby

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

It's kind of funny how isolated the English civil war ends up being compared to the rolling clusterfuck of all the other seasons. Like the only big reverberations from it ended up being a few weird rules in the US Constitution banning poo poo they were worried about happening again.

Like a big concern in the American revolution was everyone not wanting to be the next Cromwell, which is also a concern in the French revolution for all of about ten minutes before they start building mechanical head choppers and specialized mass drowning barges, and then everyone but the Irish just forgets about old Oliver.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

ep 1is the only good comedy pod. started listening a couple days ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've been listening to Knowledge Fight from the beginning and am about 3 months into the podcast, do the hosts ever become less decorum poisoned, need to find the truth in the middle, white knights of Alex Jones against the evil MMS?

Because jesus I just listened to 2 and a half hours of Dan losing his poo poo because media matters misrepresented Lex Jones and how dare they undermine Dan's incredibly important and the right way to deal with Alex jones!

And lmao at them being against Alex getting banned from any sort of streaming service or social media because it is a dangerous precedent! and it might hurt the podcast

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Bedshaped posted:

The Glenn Greenwald pod should really have been a 1 on 1 interview.

The Glenn Greenwald pod should really have been re-enacted by a voice actor who doesn't yell into his lovely laptop mic the entire time.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Breakfast All Day posted:

The Glenn Greenwald pod should really have been re-enacted by a voice actor who doesn't yell into his lovely laptop mic the entire time.

balancing is the producers job, it was lovely mixing. usually chris is good at that but glenn’s volume was incredibly loud. i mean yeah he’s a very loud man in general but this is the digital age. Fix it in post

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Mr Hootington posted:

I've been listening to Knowledge Fight from the beginning and am about 3 months into the podcast, do the hosts ever become less decorum poisoned, need to find the truth in the middle, white knights of Alex Jones against the evil MMS?

Because jesus I just listened to 2 and a half hours of Dan losing his poo poo because media matters misrepresented Lex Jones and how dare they undermine Dan's incredibly important and the right way to deal with Alex jones!

And lmao at them being against Alex getting banned from any sort of streaming service or social media because it is a dangerous precedent! and it might hurt the podcast

I just started listening to KF recently, only bothering listening to new stuff, and it doesn't have that feel at all so maybe? Dan still tries to get to the truth behind whatever AJ is ranting about, but they're both very much on board with the "Alex Jones is a dangerous, white nationalist piece of poo poo" way of thinking.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Often Abbreviated posted:

I just started listening to KF recently, only bothering listening to new stuff, and it doesn't have that feel at all so maybe? Dan still tries to get to the truth behind whatever AJ is ranting about, but they're both very much on board with the "Alex Jones is a dangerous, white nationalist piece of poo poo" way of thinking.

I am now listening to an episode where Dan is insisting that Alex is not antisemitic because Alex is too stupid to know when Jordan said the globalist crap is classic antisemitism.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Often Abbreviated posted:

They do occasionally defend him when he's misconstrued but it's more of a "you don't need to lie, the truth is still wild" thing than a real defense

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr Hootington posted:

I am now listening to an episode where Dan is insisting that Alex is not antisemitic because Alex is too stupid to know when Jordan said the globalist crap is classic antisemitism.

I think Dan also becomes much more realistic about what Alex is doing by the time you get to 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I think Dan also becomes much more realistic about what Alex is doing by the time you get to 2019

I hope so because 2017 Dan is really dumb and naive.

2017 Jordan constantly sees the bullshit for what it is and Dan has to swoop in with a "well actually..."

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

new contender for worst at pronouncing things on chapo is Chris for saying each letter in ASCII

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Optimus Subprime posted:

The Revolutions podcast episode on historical materialism is a pretty succinct and clear explanation on basic Marxist theory. I thought Mike Duncan did a really good job on that episode to make the ideas of Marxism approachable and demystified from a lot of the lofty language that developed around Marxism and communism in the 20th century.

Yeah, he's a smart dude, and I'm glad he's coming into the light. We'll make a good Posadist of him yet.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Majorian posted:

Yeah, he's a smart dude, and I'm glad he's coming into the light. We'll make a good Posadist of him yet.

Man if diving head first into Haitian history doesn't make you want to burn the first world to cinders I don't know what will

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Remember the Villages in South Florida?

https://twitter.com/unabanned/status/1157390542399004673?r

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't think they ever thought he was a good guy, but currently they both think that he's an awful human being and deserves everything coming to him. Dan is a straight up conspiracy researcher, he's an academic at heart even though he's never been in it. I think in a better world he'd be writing really interesting books about fringe theories and how they tie together in ways you might not think, but this is the world we live in and he does a podcast out of his apartment about a lovely radio host whos going out of business. He's very careful about not taking things out of context and building a broader framework for what Alex is saying and why it's terrible; it's not that he thinks the media is being mean to Alex, his criticism tends to be "no, listen, it's worse."

He also listens to... a lot of Alex Jones. He also listened to Alex Jones before, and I feel like part of him wants to like the guy. KF is interesting to me because of how sad it reveals Alex to be, and how it shows not just a hateful and cruel man, but a bitter, lonely, and deeply stupid one. But yes, eventually Dan learns, and both of them are close to full CSPAM nowadays.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

It's like someone watched the Prisoner TV show and decided "oh i really want to live there". :psyduck: Now I want to be the first man living on the moon.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/saywhatagain/status/1157502731109707776?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Matt Christman: Well, we clocked the T-Rex at 32 miles an hour.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tfw you’re absolutely not upper middle class mediocre white men

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/hayleyglyphs/status/1157510536117964801

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

nobody knows who sydney greenstreet is anymore... :(

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Dan started out giving him too much credit which he has admitted pretty frequently and he originally was against deplatforming Alex, but he eventually came to realize more that 90% of Alex's bullshit is straight from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and he has repeatedly advocated removing him from everything possible mainly due to repeated coded calls for violence by Alex. Any sympathy they had for him died during the lifetime of the podcast

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the sacrificial bird theory from trillbillies is great

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

more like US Virgin Islands

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Since when has Bray Wyatt been a chapo co-host

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I went looking for info on Kamala's masonic cop guy, and found out that he wound up getting off: https://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-fraternal-police-20160419-story.html

My favorite quote, from his lawyer:

quote:

Police “could have told Mr. Henry and Ms. Hayes and Mr. Kiel, ‘Listen, this is not a good idea. Someone might think you are impersonating a police officer,’” Casselman said. “I think [police] are jealous of anyone who might be perceived as an interloper or, pardon the expression, a competitor.”

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Shakenbaker posted:

I went looking for info on Kamala's masonic cop guy, and found out that he wound up getting off: https://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-fraternal-police-20160419-story.html

Turns out, you don't even have to be a cop to get away with murder. You can be pretending to be a cop. See: The bounty hunters who loving murdered a guy: https://fox17.com/news/local/bounty-hunters-who-shot-at-wrong-car-found-not-guilty-in-killing-of-clarksville-dad

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

peep the replies to this for Good Faith, Sincere criticisms

https://twitter.com/ZugIslander/status/1157484726338424834

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

peep the replies to this for Good Faith, Sincere criticisms

https://twitter.com/ZugIslander/status/1157484726338424834

These replies feel extremely astroturfed

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012