Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Xaerael posted:

HUG

After 6 months of total procrastination and being stuck on colour picks and whether to gloss or not, it's done.

(I'll get some proper photos done over the weekend)

Nice nice nice nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
This game should win some kind of award for using so much battery power that even while plugged in and charging, it loses battery percentage while playing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MJP posted:

This game should win some kind of award for using so much battery power that even while plugged in and charging, it loses battery percentage while playing.

Stop using red parts then :v:.

I have no idea if you can paint parts or not in that game, it was just too good to resist.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
EA9L09T6S - friend code

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Hey Bay Area goons, just in case you didn't know, Gundam Labs moved and changed names, it's called Newtype now and they moved to Redwood City. It's further for me but they have so much more space now. They're still setting stuff up so no build space yet but their kit options are amazing.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

My friend code is EKXSKWM6P. Adding everyone who's listed theirs. Got a 4* Aegis Gundam head and a 4* Barbatos Long Sword in my first pulls.

So, first glance at the gacha...it actually seems reasonable, compared to other games. It costs $14 for 1850 Haro Chips, which gets you 1 10-pull and 2 singles. Other games tend to hover around $30-40 for a 10-pull. I don't know if a 10-pull in this game is quite the same as it is in others. Drop rates are 5% for a 4* item, split between all the featured items, so you've got .336% chance to pull a specific featured 4* piece, and .081% for a specific off-banner 4*. In the standard banner, it's a straight .203% for any particular 4* piece.
5% is a comparatively good rate for top gear in gacha games.
There are different rates for the 'Prime Pool', and I'm not quite sure what that is yet.

Of course, keep in mind $14 could also get you an actual model kit rather than a pack of digital limbs.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 2, 2019

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pyroclastic posted:

My friend code is EKXSKWM6P. Adding everyone who's listed theirs. Got a 4* Aegis Gundam head and a 4* Barbatos Long Sword in my first pulls.

So, first glance at the gacha...it actually seems reasonable, compared to other games. It costs $14 for 1850 Haro Chips, which gets you 1 10-pull and 2 singles. Other games tend to hover around $30-40 for a 10-pull. I don't know if a 10-pull in this game is quite the same as it is in others. Drop rates are 5% for a 4* item, split between all the featured items, so you've got .336% chance to pull a specific featured 4* piece, and .081% for a specific off-banner 4*. In the standard banner, it's a straight .203% for any particular 4* piece.
5% is a comparatively good rate for top gear in gacha games.
There are different rates for the 'Prime Pool', and I'm not quite sure what that is yet.

Of course, keep in mind $14 could also get you an actual model kit rather than a pack of digital limbs.

jpgs of Gunpla parts > jpgs of our waifu

I 10-pulled using Haro coins for pilots and got two Sleggars, a Dozle, a Garma, a few others, and a 4-star Nu Amuro O_O I've got around $49 in Google Play credit from years of those survey things and I'll probably buy a bunch of Haros for whaling once Tallgeese stuff enters the gacha. At least if you get all the non-rare parts for a particular Gunpla, you can use its color scheme.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I love that this game has a currency called Friend Points.

Apparently I'm EJCZCVUV5, but gently caress if I can figure out where to add other people.

EDIT: Oh, it's the little magnifying glass thing in the corner. Obviously. Added everyone I could find in the thread, enjoy my stupid Kampfer with Jesta legs Buster-Rifling poo poo with max-level pre-order Amuro driving.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 2, 2019

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ANAmal.net posted:

I love that this game has a currency called Friend Points.

Apparently I'm EJCZCVUV5, but gently caress if I can figure out where to add other people.

EDIT: Oh, it's the little magnifying glass thing in the corner. Obviously. Added everyone I could find in the thread, enjoy my stupid Kampfer with Jesta legs Buster-Rifling poo poo with max-level pre-order Amuro driving.

There is also the phone/device on the desk in the room home screen.
EEDCTW9XT

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ya mo play da gamez

My ID: E5JGY3XBR

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

AHT38HPH6 pewpew

e: vvv i was too, thanks

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 2, 2019

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

I think you're missing a character.

ENBDJGB3U if you want my Hyper Bazooka wielding Kampfer Rose.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I tried out the game last night, wound up with a GnX-headed abomination. I'm new to gacha games, what's the general strategy with all the upgrade parts the game fires at you out the gate? Just dump it into your starter suit, or save it for if you get good poo poo and upgrade that?

EWVY9UQCT if you want my GnX Kampfer... thing.

Phy fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 3, 2019

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

E0FRAT3TQ for my horrible half-rear end barbatos

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
This thread has already pulled me into a massive backlog of kits, so why not drag myself into a phone game... Friend ID is EEM4RC3HP.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Phy posted:

I tried out the game last night, wound up with a GnX-headed abomination. I'm new to gacha games, what's the general strategy with all the upgrade parts the game fires at you out the gate? Just dump it into your starter suit, or save it for if you get good poo poo and upgrade that?

EWVY9UQCT if you want my GnX Kampfer... thing.

It's a new game everywhere, so AFAIK, there aren't going to be a whole lot of strategies available, but if it's like other games, ignore most everything below 3* and use it to either fill gaps, put on your Squad gundams, or to sell or convert to something more useful. Spend the nippers on your 4* parts, or whatever 3* parts you have on your primary suit. I did level a 2* beam rifle up to L25, but it's literally the only beam rifle I have right now, and it's on my primary suit. Usually in games like these, a native 4* part will be better than a 3* part Tuned Up to 4*, a 3* will be better than a Tuned 2*, etc. Some crazy person on Reddit is probably already exploring this in detail. So you might have a full OG Gundam made from 1* parts tuned up to 5*, but it'll still probably be inferior to a 4* Nu Gundam tuned to 5*. Maybe even inferior to a 4* Nu Gundam.
I'm keeping a bit of a reserve so any other 4* parts I draw I can get up to L30 right away. They're fairly raining down right now, but of course we don't know how sustained that's going to be. In many gacha games, though, after playing for a while, it's trivially easy to insta-level a new pull to high levels.

I want to know when higher-level Tune Up materials start showing up. I can't even Tune Up a 2* item yet.

Also, for all the other gacha newbies, save up your Premium Currency for particular banners. It looks like this one subscribes to the 'Special banner with rate-ups and new/limited gear' model. There's always going to be a 'Standard' banner that you can pull on at any time, and possibly contain the entire pool of non-limited gear, so it may get horribly diluted like FFBE's general pool. The current Standard banner has 25 4* parts, while the Nu Gundam banner has 35--you can't get the Nu parts on the Standard banner, and the Nu parts have better rates than all the other 4* gear. Note you have a 3.024% chance of getting a Nu Gundam part on this banner, which leaves 1.976% chance of getting a non-Nu 4* part, and of course 95% chance of getting junk and slightly-better junk.
Try your damnedest to avoid spending Haro coins on expansion space, refilling energy, buying upgrade materials, or anything like that--they should go towards pulling on banners as much as possible. And go for the 10-pulls, not singles. They're basically "9+1" pulls, where at least one pull will be a 3*, and all the rest at their normal rates (which is still 25% for a 3-star, so you should be getting 2-3 per 10-pull), since pulling 10 singles in a row could realistically get you 10 2*s in a row (only a 2% chance, but you have a 5% chance of pulling a 4*, so...).

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 3, 2019

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
E6D7CQPQ8 for gelgoog jaeger

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I put together some of the Maganac customs today and they're pretty drat cool. One thing though, I did buy 2 of each custom kits to make sure I could make all 4, but it turns out they give you enough spares that you can combine 1 custom kit with a regular Maganac kit and still be able to make both customs, which would have saved a few bucks :sweatdrop:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
ngl, the overview screen music is catchy.

I added everyone I could, apparently there is a follower limit.
My Friend Code: ED201ASMN

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I finished my RX-178 A.E.U.G. last night, However I am unsure if i did something wrong, if there was an issue with that specific kit, or if all of the RX-178 A.E.U.G.'s have parts that easily fall off.

on my kit it's the vents on the front, the thrust nozzles on the backpack and the weapon carrier on the back/waist

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The way painting is handled (needing a full suit loadout to dl its paintjob) is the only thing stopping me from just messing around in the garage until the wee hours of the morning like I did with the original Armored Core on the psx

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
EZVAVUMWM please add me for a good time

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I HAVE BECOME FULLWIDTH

so wide the photo studio isnt big enough anymore. Can you believe this is a speed build?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I'm enjoying this game, but I'd like it more if I could view the battles I auto through in widescreen not portrait. I just want to see my robbits running around blasting poo poo. I am trying to build units I like as opposed to just mashing the 'strongest' button. Dammit I just want a complete Gouf, ZGok, and the Jegans and I'd be happy.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I finished building the P-bandai Caletvwlch Red Astray, with the intention of pairing it with the Avalanche Exia as a Blue and Red Oni display concept but... now that I'm done with the Caletvwlch I realize that I will never work up enough drive to panel line this fucker.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Yawgmoft posted:

I finished building the P-bandai Caletvwlch Red Astray, with the intention of pairing it with the Avalanche Exia as a Blue and Red Oni display concept but... now that I'm done with the Caletvwlch I realize that I will never work up enough drive to panel line this fucker.

This is why i panel line as i build these days. After looking at a finished rg zeta and not having the will power.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Blackchamber posted:

I'm enjoying this game, but I'd like it more if I could view the battles I auto through in widescreen not portrait. I just want to see my robbits running around blasting poo poo. I am trying to build units I like as opposed to just mashing the 'strongest' button. Dammit I just want a complete Gouf, ZGok, and the Jegans and I'd be happy.

Yeah, and the controls are not suited for vertical orientation. They're too cramped, even on a big phone (S9+).

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Finished the snapfit of the Master Grade Ez8 and I managed to fling one of the polycap pivot points for the backpack somewhere unknown in my kitchen so the backpack is precariously being held together by hopes and dreams.

Please ignore my awful sanding and nub removal, I'm going to give it a closer inspection before I slap some paint on it, which is currently in transit from Hong Kong. Also planning on doing my first ever waterslides on this baby. Going to make it look real nice. Hopefully.

Edit: Also probably going to try and paint the Shiro Amada figure and it's going to be bad because handpainting is entirely foreign to me.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
For my reference as much as anyone else who is playing, here's all the Gunpla Warfare friend codes posted so far. Apparently you can follow up to 20 at this point. Mine is EQMB4F6DS.

EAG57C2QS
EJ4GJYBPL
E6FXV8618
EA9L09T6S
EKXSKWM6P
EJCZCVUV5
EEDCTW9XT
E5JGY3XBR
AHT38HPH6
ENBDJGB3U
EWVY9UQCT
E0FRAT3TQ
EEM4RC3HP
E6D7CQPQ8
ED201ASMN
EZVAVUMWM

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 4, 2019

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I started to get Char's Zaku II parts... Give me all the Chars.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Thanks for gathering those, fartknocker. I added everyone; mine is EW9088U7T.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Finished the snapfit of the Master Grade Ez8 and I managed to fling one of the polycap pivot points for the backpack somewhere unknown in my kitchen so the backpack is precariously being held together by hopes and dreams.

Please ignore my awful sanding and nub removal, I'm going to give it a closer inspection before I slap some paint on it, which is currently in transit from Hong Kong. Also planning on doing my first ever waterslides on this baby. Going to make it look real nice. Hopefully.

Edit: Also probably going to try and paint the Shiro Amada figure and it's going to be bad because handpainting is entirely foreign to me.

Man the EZ-8 is one of my favorite designs from gundam, too bad the model itself isnt that good (meaning bandai's model not yours) it feels like it's missing something but i am sure what it is

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tythas posted:

Man the EZ-8 is one of my favorite designs from gundam, too bad the model itself isnt that good (meaning bandai's model not yours) it feels like it's missing something but i am sure what it is

Fifteen years of development in kit technology, for starters.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Midjack posted:

Fifteen years of development in kit technology, for starters.

Is the kit really that old?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tythas posted:

Is the kit really that old?

Older, it came out in October 2000.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Yeah, the copyright date is 2000. The only gimmick is storing the beam saber handles in the calf section and the chest armor moving in and out about half an inch so you can see tiny Shiro and some mechanical-looking plastic bits.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
GBGW players, don't forget the daily free friend points gacha. You gotta scroll all the way down in the Capsule menu. Once every 24 hours you get the free 10-pull. It's basically all white parts but it's a good way to spam your way into getting extra paint jobs.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

That's a shame. The RX-79 (G)'s are one of my favorite gundam designs especially all the torso mounted weapons

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I'm actually surprised a series as well regarded as 08th MS Team hasn't gotten an updated run of kits. Is it one of those series where it didn't do very well in Japan so they don't give it any love in terms of kits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
They did just get a new batch of HGs.