Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can you be more specific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Al! posted:

guerilla mindset

THANKS FOR TRIGGERRING MY EPSTEIN BRAIN, rear end in a top hat!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/EpochTimes/status/1157775654747873282?s=20
Sure why not?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

They are very determined to make some sort of money off of their brief flash of racist fame

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

yeah i agree. though i still think (although it's optimistic) that they're in the same phase that the ultra-leftists were in the 1970s as the new deal era ripped itself apart, which doesn't bode well for their political future. trump kinda departs from neoliberalism in some ways (in the means) but not the ends, and the trump project is really about resorting to more extreme measures to try and salvage it. his means are nationalist, protectionist, etc. but his ends are neoliberal. the project is to use these measures to force other countries into opening up their markets for american companies more than they already have.

but yeah. the white nationalists can't get what they want through the normal political process so they resort to terror. a lot of what they're worried about in terms of demographic shifts and so on is already baked into the cake i think. they're trying to use their "will" to overcome it but this is *spouts a bunch of marxist jargon* a force of history

oh but i think the thing to really watch out for is a coordinated group of neo-nazis trying to pull off a 9/11-style attack
in the parallel universe where the fbi is deeply motivated in their anti-fascist counter terror efforts how successful could they actually be?

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Aug 4, 2019

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They’re probably trying to make people afraid of talking about them, or they’re allowing themselves to be vehicles for rulings that will chill future reporting on racist republicans.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

cargo cult posted:

in the parallel universe where the fbi is deeply motivated in their fascist counter terror efforts how successful could they actually be?

Guns would be illegal if the government treated them like the panthers, who never killed anyone.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

My dad just texted me, "What is Mug Club?"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Aren't 8chan's servers in the US? I feel like it'd be a good idea to start thinking of how to get rid of them.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

yeah i agree. though i still think (although it's optimistic) that they're in the same phase that the ultra-leftists were in the 1970s as the new deal era ripped itself apart, which doesn't bode well for their political future. trump kinda departs from neoliberalism in some ways (in the means) but not the ends, and the trump project is really about resorting to more extreme measures to try and salvage it. his means are nationalist, protectionist, etc. but his ends are neoliberal. the project is to use these measures to force other countries into opening up their markets for american companies more than they already have.

but yeah. the white nationalists can't get what they want through the normal political process so they resort to terror. a lot of what they're worried about in terms of demographic shifts and so on is already baked into the cake i think. they're trying to use their "will" to overcome it but this is *spouts a bunch of marxist jargon* a force of history

oh but i think the thing to really watch out for is a coordinated group of neo-nazis trying to pull off a 9/11-style attack

There are significant differences between the fascist terrorism we have today and left wing militants in the 1970s, besides the obvious ethical difference. The 70s militants in theory wanted to inspire the masses to take part in an egalitarian reorganization of society, which armed struggle alone can't achieve. They were also consistently opposed by the state. That they burned out and were crushed is not that surprising in retrospect, especially as the above ground and legal part of the movement was also crushed or co-opted at the same time.

The fascists today want to further entrench existing racial inequality and divisions, with the end goal of ethnically cleansing the US. While the latter goal is impossible, the first part is endorsed by the party controlling 2/3 of the federal government. Police forces in the country are also largely friendly to the organized fascist movement. These fascist terrorists are also probably inspired by how al-Qaeda in Iraq and later ISIS were able to inflame sectarian tensions with shocking terror attacks. While I doubt it will lead to the same result of open sectarian/racial civil war, it'll probably keep polarizing US politics. Overall the fascists will probably be seen as a potential tool by some parts of the bourgeoisie as climate change and associated crises escalate. They can be used against the rising left and any climate refugees, and will probably be cheaper than just relying on state oppression alone.

I think any working class movement needs to crush these fascists at some point if we want to win and hold power. I don't know how or when, but I don't think these fash are just gonna burn themselves out.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Aren't 8chan's servers in the US? I feel like it'd be a good idea to start thinking of how to get rid of them.

the feds are too busy posting on it to shut it down

https://ceinquiry.wordpress.com/2019/06/17/fbi-8chan/

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

SunAndSpring posted:

Cloudflare refuses to give up 8chan even after NZ shooting, so it's hard to find the host

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

This tweet totally overstates and misinterprets the situation. These guys are terrorists who can collaborate ideologically and politically but not operationally or militarily. They are definitely not guerrillas by any scope of the imagination, they do not try to operate a state in parallel or hold territory or fight against the military or whatever (although the militia movements play-act like guerrillas and every once in a while thy target a courthouse or tax collector). They’re criminals who target civilians to try to cause social change.

This is all correct and I agree but the crucial detail is that this describes terrorism, not guerrilla warfare. I’d quibble about some of the Trump stuff maybe.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

maswastaken posted:

I'm now convinced that I would only survive approximately 3 minutes of Ready Player One, of which this is absolutely the video-game music video equivalent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/electrolemon/status/971208968323280896?lang=en

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/cspamus1/status/1157793897717698560

is this you or is someone stealing cspam posts again

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

This tweet totally overstates and misinterprets the situation. These guys are terrorists who can collaborate ideologically and politically but not operationally or militarily. They are definitely not guerrillas by any scope of the imagination, they do not try to operate a state in parallel or hold territory or fight against the military or whatever (although the militia movements play-act like guerrillas and every once in a while thy target a courthouse or tax collector). They’re criminals who target civilians to try to cause social change.

This is all correct and I agree but the crucial detail is that this describes terrorism, not guerrilla warfare. I’d quibble about some of the Trump stuff maybe.

https://twitter.com/Vint13/status/1157789075648200704

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

https://twitter.com/cspamus1/status/1157793897717698560

cspam2 steals cspam posts for twitter and it is good because if they didn't i would be tempted to

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Blister posted:

Cloudflare refuses to give up 8chan even after NZ shooting, so it's hard to find the host

its not hard to find cloudflare though :unsmigghh:

just saying

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i wonder if and when we'll ever see WN planned communities go full on parallel state in like idaho or oregon or whatever

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

cargo cult posted:

in the parallel universe where the fbi is deeply motivated in their anti-fascist counter terror efforts how successful could they actually be?

it's incredibly easy to radicalize young white dudes to do dumb poo poo, and if the fbi was out entrapping young white dudes into doing dumb poo poo it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/OLAASM/status/1157775169605316609?s=20
https://twitter.com/OLAASM/status/1157776462830886916?s=20

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rickyh180/status/1157748178940256258?s=20

https://twitter.com/THEAlleyeceeing/status/1157763570593075201

https://twitter.com/Rickyh180/status/1157748228869251073

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

You can’t just hand wave structure and definitely not goals. These guys aren’t saying “we are declaring a white ethnostate even more hostile to immigrants”, or even “this is a pogrom”, they’re trying to do propaganda of the deed.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

stolen goon valor

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

stolen goon valor

I'm just glad there's enough good posts here worth stealing to make it worthwhile, thanks for being great everyone :glomp:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

I'm just glad there's enough good posts here worth stealing to make it worthwhile, thanks for being great everyone :glomp:
thanks friend and you too

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it is my policy to neither confirm nor deny any relationship between any account at any time

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ugly little lump.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1157796523016691714

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Love too live in a state of stochastic terrorism from white fascists

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

more than likely theyre talking about that "ANTIFA PLANS TO INVADE EL PASO" bullshit

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

There are significant differences between the fascist terrorism we have today and left wing militants in the 1970s, besides the obvious ethical difference. The 70s militants in theory wanted to inspire the masses to take part in an egalitarian reorganization of society, which armed struggle alone can't achieve. They were also consistently opposed by the state. That they burned out and were crushed is not that surprising in retrospect, especially as the above ground and legal part of the movement was also crushed or co-opted at the same time.

The fascists today want to further entrench existing racial inequality and divisions, with the end goal of ethnically cleansing the US. While the latter goal is impossible, the first part is endorsed by the party controlling 2/3 of the federal government. Police forces in the country are also largely friendly to the organized fascist movement. These fascist terrorists are also probably inspired by how al-Qaeda in Iraq and later ISIS were able to inflame sectarian tensions with shocking terror attacks. While I doubt it will lead to the same result of open sectarian/racial civil war, it'll probably keep polarizing US politics. Overall the fascists will probably be seen as a potential tool by some parts of the bourgeoisie as climate change and associated crises escalate. They can be used against the rising left and any climate refugees, and will probably be cheaper than just relying on state oppression alone.

I think any working class movement needs to crush these fascists at some point if we want to win and hold power. I don't know how or when, but I don't think these fash are just gonna burn themselves out.

Only way tocrush them is how reactionary militants of the 1840s and 1850s were dealt with. The election of Abraham Lincoln who crushed their rich backers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can't fathom what his motivation was

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
insurgents in stable countries aren’t very hard to crush the state has to want to crush them which is the bigger issue

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

insurgents in stable countries aren’t very hard to crush the state has to want to crush them which is the bigger issue

maybe the US isnt as stable as u think, huh

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
we are really stable actually.

like we know for a fact the the gov is putting zero effort towards these groups

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They’re probably trying to make people afraid of talking about them, or they’re allowing themselves to be vehicles for rulings that will chill future reporting on racist republicans.

Nicholas Sandmann was a junior last year, and will be a senior this year, so he has to do everything in his power to stay in the news so that people will remember who he is when he pops up again in six months complaining that the libs are oppressing him by him not getting into harvard, so he can then jump onto the griftwagon

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Yeah it's essentially a fistful of popcorn that's been tossed in a fire. Violent, connected, but not coordinated.

Tangentially, the Militias are where they are because it's safe. Very few of them are eager to do anything, because having a big campout playing soldier in the woods once a weekend gets expensive real quick, and they're all HOA members and jet-ski dealership owners during the week. You only get exceptions with people like lavoy finicum, who was being paid 100 grand a year to run a foster child abuse farm, and then found out during the malheur occupation that the state had moved in and taken the children out of his custody, so suddenly he found himself in the same dead end as all these 8chan shooters.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
these people have zero operational security, as anyone who reads this thread knows. and they can be incited to horrible acts of violence quite easily. if the FBI wanted to play their incite and entrap tricks on them, they could round up a bunch of them easy. they don't do it because they don't want to. a lot of them probably agree with their politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension