Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

cumshitter posted:

congrats on having david sedaris as your electric abbacus teacher

spicy, owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
The phrase "another mass shooting" is trending, what a way to wake up

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

my man

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

One day, Ivan Ivanovich (Ivanovich, as well as Nikiforovich, is a patronymic, not a surname) notices his friend's servant hanging some clothes out to dry as well as some military implements, especially a Turkish rifle that interests him. He goes over to Nikiforovich’s house and offers to trade it for a brown pig and two sacks of oats, but his friend is unwilling to part with it and calls Ivan Ivanovich a goose, which terribly offends him. After this, they begin to hate each other.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

: a CSPAM story

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i remember learning in school that 19th century people were so afraid of being mistakenly declared dead and then entombed alive that there was a small industry of companies selling stuff to rich people that would supposedly help them if it happened

one of them i remember was a little tube sticking up out of the ground from a casket with a spring-loaded flag inside; if you found that you had been mistaken for dead and then buried, you could pull a little string in the casket that would make a flag pop up from your grave and you'd hope someone would notice it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
imagine reading anything but fun sci-fi novels lmao

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

tacodaemon posted:

i remember learning in school that 19th century people were so afraid of being mistakenly declared dead and then entombed alive that there was a small industry of companies selling stuff to rich people that would supposedly help them if it happened

one of them i remember was a little tube sticking up out of the ground from a casket with a spring-loaded flag inside; if you found that you had been mistaken for dead and then buried, you could pull a little string in the casket that would make a flag pop up from your grave and you'd hope someone would notice it

crack... ping

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
im a fan of coffin flag

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

CODChimera posted:

imagine if the new album turned out to be really bad

im expecting no less

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sundays are my only nights off and I'm too depressed to even want to sleep

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

fine talk poo poo about dostoevsky but never, ever talk poo poo about gogol you philistines

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i did not like david sedaris's funny stories about drowning rats in buckets for the amusement of other americans in his "Me Talk Pretty One Day" book. The stories were funny, but they were not targeted at me: the French Foreign Legion Navy SEAL SpecOps Operator.

I have never wondered whehther or not a straight person would approve of me or the wetwork I have done in the service of the French Foreign Legion. But I expect them to shut the gently caress up about it.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

im tapping my teeth about this but i will go to bed

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
david sedaris is way less funny than his sister

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
how many boomer headstones have/will have maga engravings

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

dostoevsky wrote some of the goddamnedest dialogue i've ever seen. everybody talking to each other in complete 20-paragraph-long essays and poo poo

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

tacodaemon posted:

dostoevsky wrote some of the goddamnedest dialogue i've ever seen. everybody talking to each other in complete 20-paragraph-long essays and poo poo

its PoLyPhoNic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

this is why cremation is good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

campfire posted:

its PoLyPhoNic

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

tacodaemon posted:

also its because he was really fuckin terrified of GOd

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Origami Dali posted:

how many boomer headstones have/will have maga engravings

most chuds can't afford burial, they get cremated and put in a cabela's bag, then the family posts them dancing with the bag to tiktok for the funeral

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ClaudineR66/status/1157476427840647169

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

campfire posted:

also its because he was really fuckin terrified of GOd

maybe he should have had some spring-loaded contraption that would pop up a flag if the lord and creator yhvh started doing some book of job style loving w him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well it’s a theory

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The Russian and the Tetragrammaton: Ideas and Ideation, 1735-1885

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

ok I fell asleep, had an entire dream and now I'm awake again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TRMP

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/jolingkent/status/1157975397356703744

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
hello I study phenrology of the dick and butt

ama

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Poniard posted:

ok I fell asleep, had an entire dream and now I'm awake again

was it one of those dreams people have all the time about going back to high school with the keyboard guy from spandau ballet

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
wait did we have anotehr shooting

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
Why the gently caress am I awake?

cracks a beer - Ping!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Oh good :suicide:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

definitely a white dude rampager

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1157976233587675136

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Third World Reagan posted:

wait did we have anotehr shooting

look at this just-woke-up poster

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

love to wake up and find out there was a shooting right by where I was a couple of hours after I left because I was a big baby and decided to head home early.

real loving cool and normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

ahahahaaa, why the gently caress did I even wake up today, much less at 5am

Trulip