Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

surely this will deter other fascist terrorist attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lorn Wayne posted:

for real though, to the guy who said combine d&d and tfr, thus mixing condescending pedantry with the shittiest opinions on the planet - i think we're already there m8

"they're taking my silencers away, they're the real NAZIS :qq:"

btw the NRA is a terrorist organization that tries to export the second amendment cynically to peddle guns, that's it. See the migrant crisis in central america fleeing gun violence to seek asylum from NRA gun sales which proliferated like crazy

also the NRA is targeting australia and new zealand especially after christchurch. loving ghouls, the lot of them.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Louisgod posted:

as a former games mod, absolutely delete games

Can we move the xcom thread here at least.
Oh wait, it's full of snake tits -- burn it all down.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/cameron_kasky/status/1158047375174316037

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poniard posted:

what the gently caress does high powered gun mean here

it's kind of dumb phrasing but he means a rifle

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Poniard posted:

what the gently caress does high powered gun mean here

don't fall into the gun nut's "well, actually" trap

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/njdotcom/status/1158051960714682369
many sides

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dewgy posted:

tbh he kinda does have a point

ACAB but it definitely doesn’t help matters that they’re chronically underfunded across the country and trained to treat their populace as a revenue stream

consistently funded police departments after a complete staffing purge ideally would make a huge difference

while i can see that argument, the best funded departments in the country have the most prominent cases of fuckheads.

I think it's time an executive take a direct hand in the conduct of police forces nationally enforcing the executives will.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Bearjew posted:

don't fall into the gun nut's "well, actually" trap

comprehensive gun bans require clear language

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

unless it doesnt

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nonsense posted:

while i can see that argument, the best funded departments in the country have the most prominent cases of fuckheads

ban IQ tests for police departments and hire actual smart cops

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Spoondick posted:

surely this will deter other fascist terrorist attacks

eh....only not scalable

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

also get rid of the militaristic tacticool poo poo

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

also get rid of the militaristic tacticool poo poo

just get rid of everything

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

I hate how the media keeps calling these people men

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Lastgirl posted:

"they're taking my silencers away, they're the real NAZIS :qq:"

btw the NRA is a terrorist organization that tries to export the second amendment cynically to peddle guns, that's it. See the migrant crisis in central america fleeing gun violence to seek asylum from NRA gun sales which proliferated like crazy

also the NRA is targeting australia and new zealand especially after christchurch. loving ghouls, the lot of them.

supressors, no such thing as a silencer

my stance is bolt actions, shotguns, revolvers, legal, ban the rest.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Nonsense posted:

while i can see that argument, the best funded departments in the country have the most prominent cases of fuckheads.

I think it's time an executive take a direct hand in the conduct of police forces nationally enforcing the executives will.

that’s where the staffing purge comes in lol

gotta clear the ranks of the good ol boys gross old bastards

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

supressors, no such thing as a silencer

my stance is bolt actions, shotguns, revolvers, legal, ban the rest.

ban em all gently caress it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqYGN3-ddBA

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

MysteriousStranger posted:

nah it's not. you can find totally hippy rear end gun forums from people who hunt and fish to grow sustainable food where the topics are more about how to clean a deer than kill one and people think you've failed as a hunter if you need something more than a bolt action for a deer. maybe those are more foodie type forums or "sports man forums" but a bunch of old granpas who shoot ducks with shotguns are out there.

there's a huge sustainable food movement out there which openly advocates for hunting, rabbit husbandry, and actually fishing. they all own guns, just you know not AR-15s and automatic pistols.

deffo the gun people I know, generally really nice and just into delicious venison and boar sausage which I can totally understand (I don't touch guns personally)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
we will not have gunchat here

thank u next

i dont give a gently caress about your gun pokemon type, or what elemental damage your gun does

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ItsTheBrandi/status/1158049670175834112

speng31b
May 8, 2010

has anyone figured out CNN's font scaling strategy for days like this? at what point does the headline both become red and take up the full space above the fold on all devices

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

cnn cannot post hard enough

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

honestly having uhh educated isnt the right word but, knowing and using the proper names of guns and stuff is pointless just get rid of them regardless of their name or how theyre built or whatever accessories you can get to make them kill faster

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

we will not have gunchat here

thank u next

i dont give a gently caress about your gun pokemon type, or what elemental damage your gun does

GUN

IS

PROHIBITED

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

pathetic little tramp posted:

you mean this guy?

Quoting so I can find this later

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

DELETE TFR

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

ban IQ tests for police departments and hire actual smart cops

smart people don't try to become cops though

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

ar means automatic rifle

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Spergin Morlock posted:

smart people don't try to become cops though

check out this guy who hasnt watched luther

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Time to ban all heavy metals

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Tim Ryan is on TV saying the GOP "needs to get their poo poo together" and pass something about guns

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
If we outlaw dumb cops only outlaws will have dumb cops

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*quietly deletes work in progress of schnorkles as a charmandar-15*

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

2DCAT posted:

Time to ban all heavy metals

especially LEAD

the LEADing caus eof boomer brain

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I like slow days when the trmorg thread devolves into food chat :(

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Tim Ryan is on TV saying the GOP "needs to get their poo poo together" and pass something about guns

i hope he is not yelling

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

emfive posted:

I like slow days when the trmorg thread devolves into food chat :(

we are accelerating to impossible speeds now, captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
AR stands for always racist