Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They did a bunch of soundtracks on European Club Nintendo, I got the 3D World and Mario Kart 8 soundtracks through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I knew I should have gone with Donkey Kong Jr. Math. I'm sure you'd love that too, solely because it's "free".

Why lament over the loss of the old club Nintendo? It's gone so it's a good thing because Nintendo can do no wrong.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Free stuff is h*cka cool

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got some sick posters, a 3DS pouch, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and a Pikmin 3 totebag from Club Nintendo.

RIP...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's $20/year for Super Mario Bros 3, all the other NES games, Tetris 99, and the online play are free bonuses.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

You pay $20/year for the paywall. The NES games and Tetris 99 are free.

That's not how the concept of "free" works

They are literally not free because they require $20/year to play them

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Don't tell anyone, but I get free toys at McDonald's. I give a dude at a window money for my food and then a woman down the road gives me my food and they always add a toy just for me. I think she likes me

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Andrast posted:

That's not how the concept of "free" works

They are literally not free because they require $20/year to play them

This is really dumb. Whether it's free or not depends on how you look at it. I could argue that Switch online costs $560 a year because I pay $45 a month for internet service, or that switch games cost $360 because you need both a Switch and the game to play the game. If someone wants to view the NES games as a "free" bonus that's up to them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

This is really dumb. Whether it's free or not depends on how you look at it. I could argue that Switch online costs $560 a year because I pay $45 a month for internet service, or that switch games cost $360 because you need both a Switch and the game to play the game. If someone wants to view the NES games as a "free" bonus that's up to them.

You could argue that but it would be idiotic to do so. The NES games on the other hand are literally part of the same subscription.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

You could argue that but it would be idiotic to do so. The NES games on the other hand are literally part of the same subscription.
You could argue that but it would be idiotic to do so. The NES games are literally a free bonus to your online services subscription.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Every day I pay just to be alive and it blows.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
wait a second... its like... its a matter of perspective or sth

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I love to pay money for free things

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've just spent almost 30 minutes beating the flying electrical dick monster in MonHun.

With the 3DS controls it would have been completely insufferable.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

HenryEx posted:

wait a second... its like... its a matter of perspective or sth

This is some my opinion equals truth poo poo

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Personally, I think a Nintendo Switch costs five hundred million dollars, because that's how much Nintendo spend on r&d one year. Checkmate liberals.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The air I breath isn't free because of the cultivation and care of plants that provide oxygen cost money.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

HenryEx posted:

You could argue that but it would be idiotic to do so. The NES games are literally a free bonus to your online services subscription.

Not really, you pay for a subscription service to access the NES games and be allowed to host multiplayer games on your own connection

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

HenryEx posted:

Does that mean Bojack Horseman is free?

SelenicMartian posted:

I've just spent almost 30 minutes beating the flying electrical dick monster in MonHun.

With the 3DS controls it would have been completely insufferable.

The Khezu? He isn't that bad

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

edit: quote =/= edit

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Every post on these forums is a free bonus to your $10 fee.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It's my birthday and Nintendo sent me Wii U and 3DS discounts

Next time don't even bother, Nintendo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nintendo is the loving yet oblivious grandmother that buys you that new Just Dance game for the Wii.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Finally done talking with everyone, and i thought i was gonna go with Claude, but damnit if i didn't fall in love with Dimitri. Also how can you not want to hang out with Luna lovegood?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Len posted:

The Khezu? He isn't that bad
He's a dick.
I burned through 99% of my pierce shots, and put it down with a free rapid burst.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SelenicMartian posted:

He's a dick.
I burned through 99% of my pierce shots, and put it down with a free rapid burst.

Well there’s your problem. None of those are mechanics in aerial hunting horn

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Finally done talking with everyone, and i thought i was gonna go with Claude, but damnit if i didn't fall in love with Dimitri. Also how can you not want to hang out with Luna lovegood?

All of the houses are great. You can also recruit (most) students to your house if you happen to like someone from another house a lot.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Len posted:

Well there’s your problem. None of those are mechanics in aerial hunting horn
I've got aerial light bowgun, and I instantly reload and get a damage boost by bouncing off monsters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I spent a lot of time playing lbg and in retrospect while its fun to just chill out plinking and ditch your crew all the time to restock ammo, its more fun to actually kill things fast

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Wait, you can restock ammo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

Wait, you can restock ammo?

Return to camp and use the box unles thats only in world but i dont think so

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

That actually is only in World. In most MH games you can't change weapons or restock items from camp- you can bring 'ammo' restocks, but it has to be by bringing the craftable components with you.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Real hurthling! posted:

Low and High Rank often have some spare ammon of some kind in the box, but once you're in G Rank you're more-or-less on your own. You can bring the materials to make more ammo in the field. There's also skills to get more out of each shot one way or another.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Literally Shaking RN waiting for the new battery switch to come out, it's out in hong kong and australia so it should be out in the wider world soon! cant wait!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Switch 3.0 will just be one big battery with buttons and a screen attatched.

night slime
May 14, 2014
edit: nevermind

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Leal posted:

Switch 3.0 will just be one big battery with buttons and a screen attatched.

That's what phones already are except without the buttons

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

so it would be a massive improvement :hmmyes:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Andrast posted:

The story goes that RIM (maker of Blackberry phones) saw the original iPhone announcement and dismissed it as bullshit because with a screen that large and a decent battery life, the thing would have to be almost entirely battery. Then they got a retail unit and opened it up and discovered that it was almost entirely battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really do hope we get a Switch Pro. I've thought a lot about how they wouldn't want to make a bigger switch because of the Joycon and dock size for compatibility. Just shrinking those huge honking bezels would be enough for me along with some added horsepower.