Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Subjunctive posted:

out the frame, the zookeeper is running toward the cat, having been awakened from a deep sleep to instant action-readiness by the first sound hint of the retch

That cat isn't on the antique table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Drink more water, that's a sign of dehydration

No no, that's a cum glob! The proper way to deal with cum glut is to keep your emissions regular so they don't build up to dangerous levels.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

marshmallow creep posted:

No no, that's a cum glob! The proper way to deal with cum glut is to keep your emissions regular so they don't build up to dangerous levels.

I thought you dealt with a cum glut with market regulations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

gleebster posted:

I thought you dealt with a cum glut with market regulations.

You're all supply with no demand.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Over that past 50 years, 90% of the increase in cum production has gone to the top 1% of cumsluts

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gripweed posted:

Hey you guys know Hallucigenia? Back in the 70s when scientists found a ton of fossils from the Cambrian period, which was 500 million years ago. One critter showed up a lot, this nonsense.

The scientists were like, that is the most hosed up thing I have ever seen. It's like a nightmare hallucination. We will name it after that, so for all time people will understand how insane this thing was

Fifteen years later, some clever fellow was researching Hallucigenia and said, hey guys. I think we were holding those fossils upside down. Because if you flip them over

then they would actually look like this

and that makes more sense, right?
So everybody agreed that yeah, Hallucigenia probably wasn't walking around on it's spines like they thought, this new upside down thing made more sense.

Twenty years later, some clever fellow was researching Hallucigenia and said, hey guys. Why do some of these fossils not have heads? Why do some of them have really big heads and some of them have really small heads?
And the other scientists said, I don't fuckin know, nature is weird.
And the clever fellow said, well, what if they poo poo themself when they died, and what we've been calling the head is actually just their fossilized death poo poo? That's why the size is variable.
And the other scientists said, wait so you're saying they don't have a head at all, they just poo poo out their necks?
And the clever fellow said, no, I think we've just been confusing the rear end end and the head end this whole time

And now you know the story of Hallucigenia, the upside down and backwards 500 million year old worm that shat itself when it died.

gently caress, this is amazing, I didn't know about the last part. And going back over all the old pictures it's hilariously obvious now that it's poop. It's been poop this whole goddamn time lol

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Bloop posted:

Those movies were grotesquely ugly

Look at this person who doesn't know poo poo about art

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's been poop this whole goddamn time

new thread title

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
In Hallucigenea heaven: so yeah in a few million years a bunch of apes are gonna find your remains, look really really hard at you, and decide your death poo poo is your head, and they will teach this to their fellow scholars, and everyone will wonder how you even could have existed

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its still a living spike strip tho

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/1155494167725957122?s=17

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

You're all supply with no demand.

As long as your mom is around, there will always be an inexhaustible demand

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Just wanted you all to know that my kid just called a toy croissant a shrimp. Her excuse is that she's five, so I'm not sure what the OG shrimp/pastry goon's excuse is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

Look at this person who doesn't know poo poo about art

Literal poo poo can BE art. LBT is an abomination

I love animation, particularly hand drawn stuff and love some of Bluth's amazing earlier work like NIMH and American Tale.

I think LBT only appeals to people who watched it as babies, just like DBZ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Bloop posted:

Alright, we're enemies now

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I love animation, particularly hand drawn stuff and love some of Bluth's amazing earlier work like NIMH and American Tale.

Man, you try getting dinosaurs to hold still long enough to painstakingly draw each animation cell and see how well you do.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ha, this is my local team. My wife was trying to make me go to this game. (Hartford Yard Goats)

IUG has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Aug 4, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Bloop posted:

Land before time makes me cry every time I watch it. You're a monster.

The sequels can burn in loving hell though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Bloop posted:

"I only respect his early work, like the movie from 1986. Not his trash late work, like the movie from 1988."

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

gently caress, this is amazing, I didn't know about the last part. And going back over all the old pictures it's hilariously obvious now that it's poop. It's been poop this whole goddamn time lol

:itwaspoo:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

jit bull transpile posted:

Land before time makes me cry every time I watch it. You're a monster.

The sequels can burn in loving hell though.

There are no sequels. There was only one movie.

LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I loving hated LBT as a kid and I could never quite articulate why

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I loving hated LBT as a kid and I could never quite articulate why

It's kind of a downer and it's very lacking in the Disney anesthetic kids are used to.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yeah, it's a hideous movie. I loved dinosaurs as a kid but hated LBT; it's an hour of sad infants being terrified in various gross-looking environments.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah I always thought the dinosaurs looked kinda grotesque and weird

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I didn't like it because the characters are all babies. American Tale: Oops! All Fievels!

but i liked how it looked, and that it was scary

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I remember the original being just fine except for the fact that I was filled with hatred for Cera being a huge biiiiiiiiiitch. I just couldn't engage because I hated her so much

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

They all had repellent personalities in their own uniquely awful ways

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They all had repellent personalities in their own uniquely awful ways

Turns out kids are mostly lovely

Whodathunk

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's kind of a downer and it's very lacking in the Disney anesthetic kids are used to.

Disney went on to make its own grotesque dinosaur movie years later

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Samuringa posted:

Disney went on to make its own grotesque dinosaur movie years later

I don't know why I did this.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Wifi Toilet posted:

Redoing the CGI in the Sonic movie really paid off.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Dinosaur was such a poo poo movie, but had a few surprisingly amazing looking sequences. The Carnotaurus hunting in the rain was great.

Shame the movie was brought down by weird cartoon faces on realistic dinos, and bad bad hair tech on the mammals.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://worldmapswithoutnewzealand.tumblr.com/

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur flopped so hard that when they made another dinosaur movie they titled it The Good Dinosaur

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Sharptooth was legit scary to my 8 year old mind. My mom's rear end in a top hat boyfriend at the time thought it would be amazing to take me to see Jurassic Park around the same time.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

Dinosaur flopped so hard that when they made another dinosaur movie they titled it The Good Dinosaur

...which also flopped. The Good Dinosaur flopped so hard I literally didn't know it existed until I watched a video about it flopping on YT a few months ago.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wifi Toilet posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Railing Kill posted:

...which also flopped. The Good Dinosaur flopped so hard I literally didn't know it existed until I watched a video about it flopping on YT a few months ago.

Besides the story was basically a reheated Lion King without any stakes or mythos