Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

I love how weird and unsettling this manga is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

OH MY GOD IT STILL IS GETTING TRANSLATED. I HAD GIVEN UP HOPE. I WAS ABOUT TO CLEAN IT OUT OF MY BOOKMARKS LAST NIGHT.
This is why I like baka-updates so much; I can keep things on my wish-list forever, and when I want to read something I can use this query (which probably only works if you have a user) that only lists completely scanlated manga which is on my wish-list.
There's also a separate read-list which lets you keep track of how long you've gotten into a series if you started reading it, but then stopped because scanlations stopped coming out.

Mind you, it doesn't help directly with series getting translated, but I think it's possible for scanlation groups to go look at what series are on the wishlists of a lot of people, so maybe indirectly it can help?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Oh my god!

Theres a Tondemo Skill spin-off told from Sui-chan the Slime's prospective.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, sheesh. :kimchi:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Finally, a good slime isekai.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

another new Sui-chan
Im so proud of my little slime son.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Sui is such a good boy...

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Izakaya Nobu chapter with a new character.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai
Eggs!

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SwissArmyDruid posted:

OH MY GOD IT STILL IS GETTING TRANSLATED. I HAD GIVEN UP HOPE. I WAS ABOUT TO CLEAN IT OUT OF MY BOOKMARKS LAST NIGHT.

The gap is because the original group, who is also doing the LN, dropped the manga.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Isekai Sisters
The stunning conclusion to the elemental that loves a bird.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
When you're sad, eat sweets

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two new Mermaid Princess
Ah my, assassins are sent after the Princess. Will she be ok?
I hope the Princess knows how to cast bolt2 if that one assassin attacks

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a new manhwa I've been reading called Veggie Hot Bun's School Spring Holiday which updates pretty frequently. It's not as food-centric as other mangas, but it still plays a role in bringing characters together and the art is nice. My only real complaint is that the translation is a little rough, there are some places with obvious grammatical errors.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Isekai Sisters
:ohdear: Their Japanese food supplies are running rather low.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two more Isekai Sisters
A bit of an inception going on. Need to go deeper.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really buy jade as a love interest. he hasn't really done anything but hang out in the background.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't really buy jade as a love interest. he hasn't really done anything but hang out in the background.

I mean, big sis Akane and Jade are both background characters who happen yo be protags if we're being generous with the definition and the premise has been the low key slice of life stuff instead of the little sister's magic priestess adventures. And besides he helps out in the kitchen, automatic keeper

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a oneshot blending cooking and fairy tales. The premise is interesting, and other than the small instances of fanservice I'd love to read more!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Some cooking manga updates!

Shin Chuuka Ichiban: I've been enjoying this so far so I recommend everyone to read the prequel too! I just linked the latest chapter.

Oh! Men!: Lady who makes some interesting and delectable noodle recipes. I want noodles...

Summon Kitchen: Easy going isekai where the lady MC has the power of KITCHEN and has to contend with some slander to her name since she wasn't meant to be summoned along with the high schooler. I didn't think much of it at first bc it's a bit slow to get to the foods, but I really like the art and expressions of this one.

Isekai Sisters: Some interesting magic shenanigans as always with Isekai Sisters.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

A one-shot, Oni-san to Gohan
Time for the most dangerous food to cook of them all, human!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Mermaid's Guilty Meal.
Theres a clam v oyster war a brewin.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Cooking Sisters
Time to go fishing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

A one-shot, Oni-san to Gohan
Time for the most dangerous food to cook of them all, human!

It says a lot about that oni if that was her takeaway from her friend giving her a human.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Huzzah! posted:

new Cooking Sisters
Time to go fishing.

I love how Japanese cuisine makes fish on a stick look really loving delicious.

And it's been a while, but here's a new chapter of Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san where it's bad to cut in line.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mutekiya is the one place from that manga I have been to.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mutekiya is the one place from that manga I have been to.

How was it? I must know

And here's another update of a short and sweet Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Compendium posted:

How was it? I must know

And here's another update of a short and sweet Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan.

I got ramen with crab paste in it and it was nice, pretty much exactly what I expected. Lines even at like 11 pm.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/680379/1

Holy loving poo poo the entirety of Iron Wol Jan in English has been uploaded.

It is my favorite cooking manga ever and it so far out there that I urge y'all to give it all a chance.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/680379/1

Holy loving poo poo the entirety of Iron Wol Jan in English has been uploaded.

It is my favorite cooking manga ever and it so far out there that I urge y'all to give it all a chance.

I actually did stay up way too late reading it. I need to reread some parts because I felt like some arcs stretched out waaaay too much, but then again, 2-3 AM is not a good hour for thorough reading.

Things I liked is the ridiculousness and complete jackassery of Jan, but he's not always rewarded by the narrative for his actions and everyone basically calls him out on it. I thought that was cool and the reason the story keeps going is because he keeps brute-forcing with his cooking. I actually really like Kiriko, she's the methodical and hardworking cook which gives her an edge over Jan because she grew up in a decent familial environment where her grandpa wasn't a jackass her unlike Jan's. The Chinese food really was drool-worthy and I was kind of surprised they acknowledged Vietnamese cuisine in the spring roll chapters. I really liked how it really emphasizes the cross-cultural features of Chinese cuisine now that it's international and especially prominent in Japan.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's interesting how they don't include detailed recipes because most of those recipes in jan depend heavily on technique. it's not really stuff you can easily make at home.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Two (that's right, *TWO*!) new chapters of Mermaid Princess!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Tondemo Skill
Our hero receives more attention for bringing back a Mithril Lizard then he expected. But he rich now so gently caress it, lets eat steaks.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Huzzah! posted:

new Tondemo Skill
Our hero receives more attention for bringing back a Mithril Lizard then he expected. But he rich now so gently caress it, lets eat steaks.

Man, I love Tondemo as a food and isekai manga because it's just been simple adventuring and feasting with a dude, his god dog, and the best slime ever. It's not complicated whatsoever and that's fine to relax to

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

and another new Tondemo Skill
Looks like some other Goddesses want in on them otherworldly snacks.
Best Slime now Blessed Slime™

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I look forward to Sui's eventual world domination

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Mermaid Princess

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

another new Mermaid Princess
I like that the princess gives zero fucks about this flashback.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Summon Kitchen finishes: https://mangadex.org/title/35947/this-summon-kitchen-skill-is-amazing-amassing-points-by-cooking-in-another-world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Oh neat, didn't realize it was that short. Time to binge read it!