Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

smarxist posted:

it's cool how as species we beat back material need but have screwed up brain delusions that if everybody enjoyed the fruits of labor we'd somehow devolve into lazy do-nothings, so we invented a massive scheme to keep people in a false scarcity mode producing endlessly and now that's going to be what kills us instead lmfao

we could have just wobbled back and forth from over producing to under producing and living in lazy bliss if we had any loving solidarity and empathy with each other

we still can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

it's super cool that some fash can decide to kill mankind and no world power does anything.

thats because all world powers are fash

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lawman 0 posted:

we still can

lol, yeah i had hope once also

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Saint_Rukus posted:

eat my rear end

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Nailed your rear end Tyson

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/statu...agenumber%3D570

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Saint_Rukus posted:

drat, this is a real cool approach. looks real badass

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Saint_Rukus posted:

world powers?? you mean, like geo-force??? hes a monarchist :colbert:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wow he's still p dumb

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

drat, this is a real cool approach. looks real badass

being depressed and fatalistic was kinda more what i was going for

like seriously how do any of you have any hope for the future?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158330513951735809

perhaps!!

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

beaten

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

lol background checks with immigration reform

like, man

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
"We can never forget them"

Sorry mac, all about that sailor

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The end of the 1st tweet is kinda nice: "Republicans and Democrats must come together [...] perhaps marrying..."

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Saint_Rukus posted:

yeah but you'd think they'd at least have a sense of self preservation

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
strong background sex

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

they do, they are just protecting themselves in the short term while deluding themselves into thinking everything is either going to be fine or even better in the future

just like everybody else

gently caress i wish i could stop having complete breakdowns about this poo poo on the daily

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Zat posted:

The end of the 1st tweet is kinda nice: "Republicans and Democrats must come together [...] perhaps marrying..."

Q and Jordan Peterson finally team up to get republican incels (all incels are republican) their state mandated gfs

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1158331818699100160?s=20

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dear The Internet,

Yesterday, I posted a tweet wherein I implied that the victims of mass shootings should just suck it up and die. I now realise that, while factual, this was unhelpful. Tactless, even. I now realise that my lovely opinions about the victims of tragedies, while undeniably true, leave me open to criticism which I cannot address without seeming like even more of a piece of poo poo. Therefore, I would like to apologise unreservedly (except, I suppose, with one reserve: I was totally correct in every way, guns are great, and mass shootings are not a big deal).

hugs and kisses,

Dr Neil Degrassi Tycho (PHD, Sci)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Motherfucker.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUVT1NZtZPo

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

smarxist posted:

it's cool how as species we beat back material need but have screwed up brain delusions that if everybody enjoyed the fruits of labor we'd somehow devolve into lazy do-nothings, so we invented a massive scheme to keep people in a false scarcity mode producing endlessly and now that's going to be what kills us instead lmfao

we could have just wobbled back and forth from over producing to under producing and living in lazy bliss if we had any loving solidarity and empathy with each other

This is correct

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
neil dg tyson loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

world powers?? you mean, like geo-force??? hes a monarchist :colbert:

i dont like it when individual superheroes have names that sound more like team names. like geoforce or legion or the situation

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

That's quite the comeback after all the sex perving

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol trump

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lawman 0 posted:

eat my rear end

i'm honestly jealous you are hopeful

like a week ago i woke up early saturday morning cause gently caress sleeping in i guess. anyways saw the sun coming up and decided "hey i should do that thing where i go outside, have some coffee, maybe even a little sesh and watch the sunrise!"

15 mins later i'm crying outside at the thought that this will probably be the last time i get to do something like this and i can't even enjoy it because of the impending ecological doom that hangs over us all

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

tup

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

almost all the people in governments across the world are literally lead brained morons op

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

self preservation doesnt include future generations or even your own children if youre a big enough piece of poo poo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

president trump endorses white supremacist, terrorist mission

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Saint_Rukus posted:

i'm honestly jealous you are hopeful

like a week ago i woke up early saturday morning cause gently caress sleeping in i guess. anyways saw the sun coming up and decided "hey i should do that thing where i go outside, have some coffee, maybe even a little sesh and watch the sunrise!"

15 mins later i'm crying outside at the thought that this will probably be the last time i get to do something like this and i can't even enjoy it because of the impending ecological doom that hangs over us all

I'm so sorry buddy :(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

punchymcpunch posted:

self preservation doesnt include future generations or even your own children if youre a big enough piece of poo poo

it's this

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
lol who was awake last night when a goon confirmed the Dayton killer because he knows his dad

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1158335600912719873

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

703 posted:

lol who was awake last night when a goon confirmed the Dayton killer because he knows his dad

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

perhaps marrying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Pictured: A terrorist

quote:

Palmer Luckey’s Secretive Defense Company Is Booming Under Trump

With a high-tech spin on building the wall, Anduril is expanding its border surveillance ambitions—
and picking up work that some tech companies aren’t willing to touch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anduril-palmer-luckeys-secretive-defense-company-is-booming-under-trump