Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/1158297845016997890?s=19

This is also not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Addamere posted:

which subforum would one discuss getting energy pulse weapons installed in the forearms, at first it makes me think of tfr but maybe also it could go in the science subforum

depends, are you talking in the 30 watt range?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

At least as naughty as Myanmar, localized areas of Rwanda naughtiness may be possible throughout the forecast area.

you hate to see the partly-naughty to mostly-naughty weekend forecast :(

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

they just gotta hit the bricks and go to the mall

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Surprise twist will be when India and Pakistan nuke each other and kick off worldwide catastrophe ahead of climate death

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we are relvelent again

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol awesome, although I confess I don't remember that one

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Have they asked how many frands, frengs, and frenemies they have though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

this is the reporter who got all grossed out by "the piss tape is real" hats and wrote a story right lol

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

FAUXTON posted:

At least as naughty as Myanmar, localized areas of Rwanda naughtiness may be possible throughout the forecast area.

If it does descend into Rwanda-style naughtiness, at least the Hindutva Hate Radio stations will probably have more jaunty tunes than the Hutu equivalent.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Addamere posted:

you hate to see the partly-naughty to mostly-naughty weekend forecast :(

who knows maybe India will join the US on the "nuked civilians" pedestal

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1158437656042192896?s=20

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

zegermans posted:

https://i.imgur.com/soehO4v.gifv

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS STAB THE drat CENTIPEDE

make sure u unmute

twoday
May 4, 2005

This reminds me of that thread where someone asked why they were faced with some problem (don't remember what) and every single reply by dozens of posters across multiple pages was "Because you touch yourself at night."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

biglads posted:

If it does descend into Rwanda-style naughtiness, at least the Hindutva Hate Radio stations will probably have more jaunty tunes than the Hutu equivalent.

Social media is doing the same work as those radio stations tbh

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Surprise twist will be when India and Pakistan nuke each other and kick off worldwide catastrophe ahead of climate death

If the nuclear war isn't too bad maybe it will just wipe out the industrial centers that were causing climate change in the first place

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Ruzihm posted:

make sure u unmute

don't tell me how to live my life

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Oh, let the Trump beat down upon my face

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Poniard posted:

they just gotta hit the bricks and go to the mall

bad news amazon killed all the malls

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/baltisjt/status/1158236341949390848?s=19

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Zyla posted:

bad news amazon killed all the malls

maybe those drat kids should go to amazon then

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Twitter seems like a cool and good place for people to communicate with each other. :stare:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

It has to at this point.

India is choosing to dismantle the semi autonomous leadership of Jammu and Kashmir. They've had a degree of autonomy since... ever. like, during British rule, Kashmiri leaders were the only principalities to get the full 21 gun salute, equal to heads of state.

they can't stand up to a modern India, but Pakistan is still pissed about how Kashmir ended up as a part of India.

the other thing at play here is if China throws out their 20 year agreement with India over the area of actual control and just takes Ladakh. they've been silent so far on everything as far as Ive read, including when briefed by India in the security Council earlier this morning. but who the hell knows.

this is much less audacious than Crimea but far more dangerous

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

If the nuclear war isn't too bad maybe it will just wipe out the industrial centers that were causing climate change in the first place

u mean those concrete manufacturers? yea probly not haha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s not dangerous they aren’t going to nuke each other

it’s obv dangerous to the local people obv

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

fosborb posted:

It has to at this point.

India is choosing to dismantle the semi autonomous leadership of Jammu and Kashmir. They've had a degree of autonomy since... ever. like, during British rule, Kashmiri leaders were the only principalities to get the full 21 gun salute, equal to heads of state.

they can't stand up to a modern India, but Pakistan is still pissed about how Kashmir ended up as a part of India.

the other thing at play here is if China throws out their 20 year agreement with India over the area of actual control and just takes Ladakh. they've been silent so far on everything as far as Ive read, including when briefed by India in the security Council earlier this morning. but who the hell knows.

this is much less audacious than Crimea but far more dangerous

china, india, and pakistan pushed so tight against the border they start rubbing the tips of their nukes together

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

That's pretty normal for Hindu Nationalists.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Alpha Centauri posted:

its trending over the fact that 8000 troops are locking down kashmir and locking up political leaders in an area that could go bad and drag the world with it

pfft when's the last time countries exercising escalating treaties with allies to gain better military leverage went wrong

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Who was that science fiction writer that predicted we'd have a President Trump and the country would go anti environmentalist? Because I guess I should read that one.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1158439544062173185?s=20

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you've ever tried to be friends with a millennial the reason for this is painfully obvious.

"hey want to go to the beach"
"nah not today, not feeling well" *feels fine, watches Netflix and eats snacks*

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

crazy cloud posted:

photonic momentum binch

yeah i know about that, but that's not gonna make any discernible sound.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That's pretty normal for Hindu Nationalists.

Don't we have one of those running for president?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this looks not good

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

petit choux posted:

Who was that science fiction writer that predicted we'd have a President Trump and the country would go anti environmentalist? Because I guess I should read that one.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158440580659195906?s=20

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dolphin posted:

"hey want to go to the beach"
"nah not today, not feeling well" *closes curtains, watches Netflix in the dark and eats snacks because the outside world is full of horrors*

ftfy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1158438272034660358?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

cyberabad would be a bitching name for a cyberpunk city