Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"but what about the commuters" is the same line of bootlicking that people did for Black Lives Matter. god you're pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Pevan has to limit himself to posting tweets because he might let his racism slip and eat another ban for it.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

get that OUT of my face posted:

i can say with close to 100% confidence that peven bought that big red custom title for caberham. nobody itt is going along with your Blue Lives Matter with Chinese Characteristics propaganda, just give up

i bought it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does pevan post in the gbs china thread i want to probate him

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Should have brought the Carl Zha avatar.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

sincx posted:

Looks like a scene from a Jackie Chan movie.

the best part is the triads lost on their own turf lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sincx posted:

Kung Fu Hustle reboot lookin' good

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

tino posted:

Should have brought the Carl Zha avatar.

i'll do it when he comes back from china, otherwise they might detain him

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

sincx posted:

I need the video, and with the Young and Dangerous 1 score.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
the triads are working for the CCP? didn't gangsters serve as like death squads for the nationalists in the 30s or whatever? its been a while since i learned any of this sorry

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

cargo cult posted:

the triads are working for the CCP? didn't gangsters serve as like death squads for the nationalists in the 30s or whatever? its been a while since i learned any of this sorry

they struck a deal at the time of the handover. this is from the time https://www.independent.co.uk/news/triads-and-china-do-hong-kong-deal-1261085.html

not like corrupt cops were invented by the CCP either, they still have British people who've been around since pre-1997 coordinating the riot response like this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Dover

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

"but what about the commuters" is the same line of bootlicking that people did for Black Lives Matter. god you're pathetic

if your beef is with Beijing what good does inconveniencing your own commuters do? that’s like blocking I-90 to protest Chinese aggression

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

if your beef is with Beijing what good does inconveniencing your own commuters do? that’s like blocking I-90 to protest Chinese aggression

good point, we should shuttle protesters into Beijing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

jfc dude

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i was gonna say to peven "you're doing the exact same thing that i said people did to BLM," but after looking at his rap sheet and seeing the extremely cool things he's gotten punished for, i think it's safe to say he isn't doing this in good faith

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
"Good faith" is a western liberal conspiracy, do u know ?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darkest Auer posted:

"Good faith" is a western liberal conspiracy, do u know ?

“good faith” is smearing anyone outside of the aggressively policed groupthink in this thread

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

sincx posted:

Honestly, I don't think Beijing gives a poo poo about HK any more. As long as Xi can contain all this in HK, the CCP is just going to ride it out.

well they are making a statement tmw, probably matching lam's tone of pointing at the violence and ignoring why they are there

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i have no idea what's going on in this thread but it seems like the right place for this so imma just drop this tweet here

https://twitter.com/PMCroninHudson/status/1158359282380955650

seems bad!

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

pancake rabbit posted:

i have no idea what's going on in this thread but it seems like the right place for this so imma just drop this tweet here

https://twitter.com/PMCroninHudson/status/1158359282380955650

seems bad!

lol more fake news:

https://twitter.com/askmarcopesce/status/1158381567284137985?s=21

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

oh, well, twitter is dumb

thx & god bless

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

again, china invading hong kong would be an extremely stupid idea

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
If you watch HK action movie you know faceless motorcycle riders always lost to car driving good guys.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

they will lose to Keanu Reeves riding a horse

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
it's interesting how the main arguments against the protesters atm are that they were damaging property, they were disrespectful to national symbols, they were preventing people getting to their jobs, and they were being mean to cops. really makes you think.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

:china:Oh for fucks... Another thing I'm sick of is when I state my views, from the bottom of my heart, everyone immediately assumes I'm trolling. This isn't trolling, they are/were literal loving poo poo. They were marching around starting fires while we were building an empire. I'm stating the facts. gently caress this loving Hongkonger apologism, I'm done with it, done. They offered nothing to the world, never have, never will.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
lol, carrie gave a speech so bad it radicalized more workers

quote:

Joel Tse, a 25-year-old advertising industry professional, said: “I want Carrie Lam to come out and fix the problem, not give us some bullshit.”

He said he had been on the fence about whether to join the strike. But after watching the chief executive’s press conference he had decided to join the thousands dressed in black, the signature colour of the protests, at Tamar Park in Admiralty, near government offices.

nice job morans

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/05/hong-kong-riot-police-fire-teargas-at-protesters-as-two-cars-ram-crowds

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zohar posted:

it's interesting how the main arguments against the protesters atm are that they were damaging property, they were disrespectful to national symbols, they were preventing people getting to their jobs, and they were being mean to cops. really makes you think.

nobody ever made those arguments. how about the blackshirts are randomly beating up Hong Kong citizens? how about they’ve been caught on camera changing out of white shirts into black ones?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Zohar posted:

I think the main argument should be that these protests are occurring in sync with an American trade war against China, which will of course include engaging in destabilizing vectors outside of just trade. There is likely more motivating the protests than Hong Kongers' legitimate criticisms of Beijing, or else they might have reached this level in response to earlier events. With that in mind, China can't really expect to end the protests by listening to the protesters' demands and giving concessions, although I do think there's a possibility to quell them somewhat.

Anyway, highlighting occurrences of violence and destruction is not necessarily an argument against the protesters, but potential evidence of the existence of agents provocateurs. These events were rather peaceful at the start after all, at least until it was clear the "color revolution" playbook didn't quite apply to the conditions of HK.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
blackshirts dragging a guy out of his car and beating him up:

https://twitter.com/carlzha/status/1158336578202112000?s=21

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

nobody ever made those arguments. how about the blackshirts are randomly beating up Hong Kong citizens? how about they’ve been caught on camera changing out of white shirts into black ones?

Hey guy, lest we forget you yourself literally repeated one of those arguments on the last page

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

all protests are good, doesn't matter what they're for. the anti-gaddafi protests ruled and libya is doing much better now. venezuelan opposition protests kick rear end, let's get juan guaido in. if you think fetishizing the aesthetics of protest is bad and leads to surface-level analysis you're just a blue lives matter guy. im very smart

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/komei365tko/status/1157317708272132097?s=21

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Has public consensus decided on the color of the revolution yet? Black Revolution doesn't sound so enticing.

BTW, how come Orange Turd tried to use anything China-related as a bargining chip to fight the trade war but he has not tweeted anything about HK yet? What's his angle and how many dimension of chess is he playing?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doesn't this idiot know China is 5000 years old? 70th anniversary, shameful

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

you know you can just link to the youtube video instead of linking to a lovely cellphone shot of a youtube video

it was said in 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp2a4v3hBVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
The we can’t give too much concessions is bullshit because it was government inept that started this. They control the functional constituencies and have all the power.

sleeptalker posted:

I think the main argument should be that these protests are occurring in sync with an American trade war against China, which will of course include engaging in destabilizing vectors outside of just trade.

Posted this before.

It all started from the HK government’s and their cheerleaders ineptitude. Which is an extension of the Central Liason Bureau, but was still mostly a local government legislation bill.

The pretense of legislation process started February over a murder in Taiwan. The Pan democrats offered 2 alternatives

1. Enact a one time sunset clause extradition order to Taiwan.

2. Make murder an extra territorial crime like other white collar crimes.

if this law is enacted, Taiwan will explicitly refuse to issue an extradition order. this is the initial argument against protesters and forums loving Star Pevan Stan:

HK WILL BE A DEN FOR CRIMINALS

quote:

There is likely more motivating the protests than Hong Kongers' legitimate criticisms of Beijing, or else they might have reached this level in response to earlier events. With that in mind, China can't really expect to end the protests by listening to the protesters' demands and giving concessions, although I do think there's a possibility to quell them somewhat.

Do you know the 5 demands and how the conversation changed? It was initially 4 or 5 because no one expected Carrie Lam stepping down will mean much as the system is designed to be unDemocratic. Hence July 1st admiralty declaration was a big turning point.

It’s the HK government that needs to issue a god drat withdrawal and not fake legalese or suspension or bill is dead.

and start the Commission Of Independent of inquiry. You would think that enough protest is enough but when you see policemen charging inside a mall you would want to protest. Or seeing white shirts gangsters working with the police beating on train passengers makes you want to go out again. Or constantly shooting tear gas indiscriminately in resident neigbourhoods. Shooting people in the loving face with less lethal ammunition. Seeing people getting arrested for having a pair of scissors in his car and some inhalers.

quote:

Anyway, highlighting occurrences of violence and destruction is not necessarily an argument against the protesters, but potential evidence of the existence of agents provocateurs. These events were rather peaceful at the start after all, at least until it was clear the "color revolution" playbook didn't quite apply to the conditions of HK.

it was the same argument during 2015 and the tolerance for violence was much lower back then. Someone cracked the legco building window and everyone’s horrified and stopped the demonstrator. standing in the streets is too violent and blocking people going to work.

Well guess what, same government same unaccountable methods and people are tired this time.

FOREIGN FORCES FOREIGN FORCES is a god drat boogeyman and conditions for HK is not Venezuela or Ukraine or Libya.

There’s high employment, low government corruption (creeping up), no ethnic or religious violence.

The government of HK was more stable and been around longer than the PRC.